Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

:fork:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

What a peculiar thing to say.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

She's pro choice obv

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Finally someone fighting for minorities.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Idgi, is this loser trying to talk up coming in second in two person race?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

papersack posted:

Finally someone fighting for minorities.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Tricky D posted:

second of two would be an improvement, since she lost to trump in at least one primary he was not registered in

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Tricky D posted:

everything she's doing should be seen not as her trying to win this time but as her setting herself up as a leader post Trump, either when he drops dead or in the exceedingly unlikely event that he is somehow removed from the ballot

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Azathoth posted:

everything she's doing should be seen not as her trying to win this time but as her setting herself up as a leader post Trump, either when he drops dead or in the exceedingly unlikely event that he is somehow removed from the ballot

It will be extremely funny if Trump isn't on the ballot and the Republican nominee is someone the vast majority of the party doesn't give a poo poo about to actively hates

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It would be funny if a state drops trump from the ballot but he won anyway as a write-in

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Shear Modulus posted:

It would be funny if a state drops trump from the ballot but he won anyway as a write-in

Don't many states have laws written specifically to prevent this? If you get removed from the ballot, all write in for you will be counted as invalid

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Most write-ins are not written in by people of sound mind to begin with. Go over the results and you'll see the most egregious misspellings of the most puzzling choices for president

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

Don't many states have laws written specifically to prevent this? If you get removed from the ballot, all write in for you will be counted as invalid

Would be funny if Trump sued to force Federalism down the states throats if he got ratfucked that way.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Top Headline: Nikki Haley's Campaign Revived After Sweeping the Maine Primary.

Below the fold: Maine primary has lowest voter participation since 1916 after 75% of the ballots were invalidated for ineligible orange write-ins.

MSNBC: The walls are closing in on Trump! Its the beginning of the end!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
when scotus 9-0s that random state elections depts do not determine elegibility for non-state offices it's gonna be a giggle

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The Koch network might be shutting off her funding but I bet she’s getting enough donations from Democrats and never Trumpers to keep her core campaign team grifting in style for a while longer.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Javid posted:

second of two would be an improvement, since she lost to trump in at least one primary he was not registered in

coming in second in a race with only one participant lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Haley is setting herself up as either the democratic alternate for 2024 if biden dies/gets set aside (very doubtful) or the crossover candidate for 2028.

POC girlboss who hates unions, public education, and abortion but loves a bellicose foreign policy? And she is a republican? Tell me that liberals will not flock to such a candidate.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

bedpan posted:

Haley is setting herself up as either the democratic alternate for 2024 if biden dies/gets set aside (very doubtful) or the crossover candidate for 2028.

Haley is only setting herself up as a high profile loser.

Oh wait. :hmmyes:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dokapon Findom posted:

Most write-ins are not written in by people of sound mind to begin with. Go over the results and you'll see the most egregious misspellings of the most puzzling choices for president

Correct, I write-in all the time now and I like dota and post on c-spam.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bedpan posted:

POC girlboss who hates unions, public education, and abortion but loves a bellicose foreign policy? And she is a republican? Tell me that liberals will not flock to such a candidate.

I do think she's running for 2028... as a Dem. She's going to drop out of the primary, and switch parties relatively soon after.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Azathoth posted:

pretty sure it's just to keep donors on the hook for as long as possible to pay down campaign debts and/or snag a payout for herself akin to stacey abrams

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Haley just wants a handful of delegates so if Trump gets indicted or dies or crosses another line (lol what would this even be) she can be like well golly gee I guess I’m the next one up in terms of delegates??? like the I think you should leave sketch with the hotdog guy who’s like “I guess I’ll take this hotdog car?! if no one wants it?!”

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

insane clown pussy posted:

pretty sure it's just to keep donors on the hook for as long as possible to pay down campaign debts and/or snag a payout for herself akin to stacey abrams

She had $13 mil cash on hand as of the last filing deadline, she's not running a deficit. If she wanted to just get a payday and cash out with a huge war chest for whatever she wants to run for next, she's well past the best time to do that.

Also, as a result of looking this up, I found out that Binkey apparently has $11 mil, which I assume he loaned the campaign. I don't care enough to find out for sure.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tom Tucker posted:

Haley just wants a handful of delegates so if Trump gets indicted or dies or crosses another line (lol what would this even be)

I'm currently working on an answer to this. please stand by.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Nichael posted:

Correct, I write-in all the time now and I like dota and post on c-spam.

hell, same

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Azathoth posted:

She had $13 mil cash on hand as of the last filing deadline, she's not running a deficit. If she wanted to just get a payday and cash out with a huge war chest for whatever she wants to run for next, she's well past the best time to do that.

Also, as a result of looking this up, I found out that Binkey apparently has $11 mil, which I assume he loaned the campaign. I don't care enough to find out for sure.

is it too late for me to max out to ryan binky

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Car Hater posted:

Make a gameshow out of it and invite all the big strong generals on

"Who Wants to be the American Caesar?"

we dont actually have any big strong generals theyre all mccain types that the media loves to fellate at the slightest excuse but who are hated by any of the enlisted men who actually work for them

its an open question what a real insurrection would really look like at this point if anyone tried to do one i frankly doubt anyone has any confidence that their soldiers would obey an order to arrest trump or they would have just done it on january sixth and probably sparked an actual coup in the process

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Remember when Wesley Clark and David Petraeus were supposed to save us

Tommy Franks would have had my vote though

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Tom Tucker posted:

Haley just wants a handful of delegates so if Trump gets indicted or dies or crosses another line (lol what would this even be) she can be like well golly gee I guess I’m the next one up in terms of delegates??? like the I think you should leave sketch with the hotdog guy who’s like “I guess I’ll take this hotdog car?! if no one wants it?!”

Yeah, its this. She's gonna run again in 28, as a Republican. All the "She's gonna be a Dem" stuff is dumb as hell. Especially since it ignores that she'd have to make it thru the SC Dem primary, and all those voters know her very well and hate her guts.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Dokapon Findom posted:

Remember when Wesley Clark and David Petraeus were supposed to save us

Tommy Franks would have had my vote though

What about the Warrior Monk?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Yeah, its this. She's gonna run again in 28, as a Republican. All the "She's gonna be a Dem" stuff is dumb as hell. Especially since it ignores that she'd have to make it thru the SC Dem primary, and all those voters know her very well and hate her guts.

some folks here think that because Biden hates abortion that the primary electorate looks at him the same way as they would Haley, but the reality is that they absolutely do not view them as at all the same.

I watched Richard Painter try to switch from being George W Bush's ethics lawyer (lmao) to a Berniecrat (also lmao) and every time he got near a primary voter they asked him why he was anti abortion for his entire life and what made him change and he never had a good answer, Haley would have an even bigger problem what with being a public figure for way longer.

Dem primary voters are the biggest Red Team / Blue Team people and they've deeply internalized that Blue Team is always pro abortion, regardless of actual evidence of what Dems do. Haley has way too much history to ever actually make the switch to Team Blue in their eyes.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

but I'm dumb as hell?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I see Michigan has a primary today and a caucus this weekend. Does this set us up for anything funny like Haley losing to none of the above?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Oh Nikki what a pity you don't understand,
Your party's voter base prefers the orange man.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Thoguh posted:

I see Michigan has a primary today and a caucus this weekend. Does this set us up for anything funny like Haley losing to none of the above?

probably not, only the primary is open to the voters, the caucus is more like a state convention with selected county delegates. I suppose you could get a weird outcome where trump get 80% of the vote today and loses in delegates but that is also unlikely since the MI GOP is largely behind him

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Minnesota is gonna be funny. In 2016 Trump came in third beyond Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio (in his only win). He's gonna probably beat Haley 80-20 or something equally lopsided. Ah what a difference 8 years makes.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Update:

https://x.com/politics_polls/status/1762659256900165671?s=46

Darling Nikki's still working in that last fella, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

She beat None of the above! She's catching on I tell ya!