Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Statesboro is the best part of 16 from Savannah to Macon.

Everything's better in Metter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I hope Nebraska keeps Scott Frost forever. Like, bind his soul to the team in eternal torment.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sash! posted:

Everything's better in Metter

Can confirm. Have eaten at the Waffle House there.

Since Statesboro is 10 miles from the interstate, Dublin is the real highlight of I-16 between Macon and Savannah.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I moved to Savannah from rural southern West Virginia. Dublin feels like home.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
lucky bounce Int :woop:

going to need at least 3 from this to feel like we have a chance

aaaand de Laura throws it back

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Man between Nevada and Utah State getting handed sizable FCS losses and CSU getting dumpstered by MTSU, the Mountian West is looking rough this year outside of Air Force and maybe Fresno.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Qwijib0 posted:

so he only can't kick XPs, got it.

According to the radio they switched to the backup kicker.

I think that was as college catch, Wildcats got lucky that interception was called back.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

According to the radio they switched to the backup kicker.

I think that was as college catch, Wildcats got lucky that interception was called back.

thank goodness for a heel.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Man between Nevada and Utah State getting handed sizable FCS losses and CSU getting dumpstered by MTSU, the Mountian West is looking rough this year outside of Air Force and maybe Fresno.

I haven't watched a lot of college football so forgive the newbie question but how do Air Force and other academies stay competitive? I'd think their players end up as officers and have to serve for some amount of time, which would seriously cut out most of their prospects. Not to mention the D and O-lines probably wouldn't make weight.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Arizona seems to be living on the knife's edge of funslinging in this game, sometimes it's paying off, sometimes not.

I'll take hanging in there with an SEC team after last season though, this is fine.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Rick posted:

Mike Leach teams are Mike Leach teams whatever the conference, this I should have remembered.

I was wrong this is a defensive battle somehow.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

I haven't watched a lot of college football so forgive the newbie question but how do Air Force and other academies stay competitive? I'd think their players end up as officers and have to serve for some amount of time, which would seriously cut out most of their prospects. Not to mention the D and O-lines probably wouldn't make weight.

running the triple option

though i think Air Force hasn't run the full triple in a while, they're more of a spread option team

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Tayter Swift posted:

The triple option is the great equalizer

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

I was wrong this is a defensive battle somehow.

exactly what I expected

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
what is this drive?

a failure

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Baylor, uh, bit pretty hard on that throwback.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

If the Pac exists after USC/UCLA leave Fresno should be invited in because they could probably win a conference championship within a decade

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1568827249104756738

Seriously they were able to sneak 4 offensive linemen out in front of this and leave one behind to wall off the rest of the defense.

This is a pretty good game. Oregon State and Fresno State is pretty good too.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1568827249104756738

Seriously they were able to sneak 4 offensive linemen out in front of this and leave one behind to wall off the rest of the defense.

This is a pretty good game. Oregon State and Fresno State is pretty good too.

a pretty good late slate overall

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Big Red drunken reaction show. Some guy just called frost a worthless piece of crap and they didn’t argue with him about it. Enjoy!

http://tun.in/serC9

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
LOL "His attitude is it's not about me" No his attitude is he got booted for being what he was taught and he will happily cheer on his colleagues to do the same to BYU and the refs if they're lucky.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Can confirm. Have eaten at the Waffle House there.

My wife's from Vidalia. The Zaxby's in Metter is our "get something to eat before we get into Vidalia" and "I don't want to wait until Pooler to get something" stop.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Nervous for Fresno.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think Arizona has competed for about as long as they could.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

If the Pac exists after USC/UCLA leave Fresno should be invited in because they could probably win a conference championship within a decade

Stanford would probably rather leave than allow this.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
funslinging has turned the corner to tragic

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

funslinging has turned the corner to tragic

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That was a dope rip

*trying to post through losing again*

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

That was a dope rip

*trying to post through losing again*

the reincarnation of the reincarnation of the desert swam is back, baby

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
What is Arizonas turnover thingy?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
what the gently caress is the football barbecue fork

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

What is Arizonas turnover thingy?

I am wondering myself. Turnover sword? Are they giving swords to big cats now? I'm canceling my latest donation.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
A sword

https://twitter.com/JustinESports/status/1566227676607692800

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
BYU you didn't need that time out yet.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

the reincarnation of the reincarnation of the desert swam is back, baby

They're really playing their asses off.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

They're really playing their asses off.

definitely a bright spot

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction
Uh oh, Baylor

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

this BYU-Baylor commentator dude rules

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

mst4k posted:

this BYU-Baylor commentator dude rules

Rg3?