Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Any details on how you get the weapons in game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think those ones are the new tomestone gear

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The dnc sword glaives rule and so do the fae wings.

Oh I must have mistaken another AST weapon I saw!

I stick by the dancer opinion :colbert: I want more things that make us feel like dancers! Sword on a chakram is cool in a dramatic way but just not the direction I would have gone

E: yup I was wrong the ast weapon is cool

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 12, 2023

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/scorpiselli/status/1657048635639513090?s=46&t=-83MqnB_46lmmYtdOkaTyg

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

So much for the "Golbez is a creation of Azdaja" theory.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Dreamboat

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Give us the hair

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mordiceius posted:

So much for the "Golbez is a creation of Azdaja" theory.
I dunno... we kind of have some precedent right in front of us

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Swolebez real

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm guessing the two people he just killed in that flashback are Zero's mom and dad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One and Two

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

One and Negative One

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
To tie this all back into FFIV - will it turn out that Golbez and Zero are siblings?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mordiceius posted:

To tie this all back into FFIV - will it turn out that Golbez and Zero are siblings?

There's a guy besides Golbez in the flashback who could probably be taken to be Cecil but it's still possible.

I do have another, more cursed theory. We know Zero was born halff voidsent because her mom was touched by darkness during pregnancy. There's a FF4 character who was probably pregnant during some point in the game and was in contact with a source of darkness.

That's right, Zero is actually Ceodora, daughter of Cecil and Rosa.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Zero isn't confused because she's lived as a voidsent for umpteen years, she's just Always Been Like That.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

putting my stocks in ceodoracoin

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Given that she previously was depicted with a sword and shield, I'm still on Team Zero is Cecil, but Zero is Ceodore would be... interesting.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The way zero is narrating the flashback it seems like she's meeting the guys from baron for the first time and isn't familiar with the place so I'm gonna ho with no on the Cecil connection

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I've been wondering since I finished the MSQ a few weeks back, but how much of the WoL's journey is common knowledge? Upon starting the Pandaemonium quests, one of the researchers offhand was like "I could scarcely believe half the things I've heard about you!"

oh yeah? What have you heard about me? that towards the end of my journey I went back in time and partly inspired the individual who would go on to become your God to achieve Godhood in the first place? That she wasn't a true God but a primal? Cuz yeah I would scarcely believe that too. That second one feels like it would have pretty serious ramifications among the various cultures of the world, maybe even on par with a calamity.

I'm not even sure that my closest allies are aware that I'm the reincarnation of the sundered soul of Azem. Is all this all an exercise best left to the reader?

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
At minimum the WoL is known for beating the Ultima Weapon, ending the Dragonsong War, liberating Doma and Ala Mhigo, and being right up in the thick of whatever nonsense almost ended the world. Those are all pretty impressive things! The rest is probably fairly regular recounting of boots on the ground heroic deeds or stuff done in sidequests. The really personal stuff like what's under the spoiler bars is probably not common public knowledge because that's really no one's business and not particularly relevant to all the nation-liberating and world-saving that everyone appreciates the Warrior of Light for.

I do think the Scions have an awareness of the WoL being a shard of Azem and all that funky Ascian/ancient stuff, but that's because they were with you for it or at least more intimately tied up in your adventures. If you talk to them at the Rising Stones between the 5.3 to 6.0 patches, they let on that you've told them a few details, at least.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I'd expect anybody in Sharlayan also knows about your escapades in the Crystal Tower and Eureka outside of the general knowledge that you're the Warrior of Light, Eikon Slayer and Garlean Killing Machine.

Even in ARR you had a reputation with the Garleans by the leadup to the Castrum dungeons, and I suspect being pals with nearly every head of state in the world causes rumors to spread like wildfire.

I'd agree that stuff from the First and anything else to do with the ancients is probably vague rumors at best, since it's so fantastical even for the high fantasy setting you're in.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
At the very least, the researchers for the Pandaemonium questline know you have/can go to Elpis, which means the people above them probably know too. Perhaps not exactly "common" knowledge, but there are people outside the tight-knit circle of Scions that have some awareness.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
It's actually shorter to list the exploits where we can reasonably assume people don't know. Off the top of my head, Shadow of Mhach is definitely an unknown, since even Tataru doesn't seem to know we're friends with the Redbills.

...well, unknown on the Source, at least. We sent a looooooot of Voidsent packing in those stories, and some of them seem like talkers.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 15, 2023

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Although naturally given the setting, your appearance is less well known. There's that quest in Mor Dhona where you beat up some thieves, then afterwards an NPC calls you by your name and the thieves are like "oh poo poo we were attacking the Warrior of Light, no wonder we got our asses kicked, we're lucky to still be alive"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DanielCross posted:

At the very least, the researchers for the Pandaemonium questline know you have/can go to Elpis, which means the people above them probably know too. Perhaps not exactly "common" knowledge, but there are people outside the tight-knit circle of Scions that have some awareness.

Pretty sure the entire Sharlayan council knows you can time travel. Hell, it comes up in the Fishing quests for the Studium, the questgiver gets permission for you to go back in time to catch some pre-Zodiark fish for research purposes.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

the_steve posted:

Pretty sure the entire Sharlayan council knows you can time travel. Hell, it comes up in the Fishing quests for the Studium, the questgiver gets permission for you to go back in time to catch some pre-Zodiark fish for research purposes.

Maybe worth noting--although I'm not sure what it means--that this is English-only. In other languages time travel doesn't come up but the same point is made, basically going 'I mean we knew that but we didn't expect you to figure it out so fast'.

The English translation director is also in charge of keeping track of lore, so I can't imagine it's a mistake, but it is very weird.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Sharlayan of all places is probably used to having individuals with incredibly strange freak abilities due to some niche piece of scientific research so they're probably like "Ah, you actually managed to pull this off but you can only go to one specific no longer extant place? Interesting, that's a form 43-C then"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WoL: So I can just travel back in time before our concept of history even existed

Sharlayans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pePpxU58M

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

the_steve posted:

The way I read it is that Sharlayan has their own way to time travel but wouldn't let you use it:

quote:

Nele
Is this to say that you truly were able to obtain a specimen from ancient times? Impressive. Yes, most impressive indeed...

...Truth be told, the senior faculty of the Studium have been aware of this form of travel for some time now. Sadly, as much as I argued your case, I was strictly forbidden from granting you access to it.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Sharlayan would have to be aware of time travel as a possibility, right? After all, Louisoix just casually warps the WoL 5 years into the future to save them from Bahamut in the ARR intro cutscene

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's forward time travel, much easier because that's already the direction time goes. Backwards, much more elusive.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Is Hydaelyn a well-known deity? I thought Eorzeans worshipped The Twelve and only people with knowledge of the Echo actually knew of Hydaelyn.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
To most denizens of the world, Hydaelyn is the name of the star planet, and is sometimes thought by the larger populace to possess a will unto her own, even without knowing of the Echo or the Mothercrystal, but she's not really been the subject of worship per se.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Was Hydaelyn known on the first? Did the first even have gods?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Electric Phantasm posted:

They certainly have religion -- we see Churches of the First Light in Lakeland and Il Mheg, apparently as some kind of "light as holy/good" faith, which is understandably dead post-Flood. Rak'tika has the darkness faiths, and Ronka had gods and deific figures, but in general there doesn't seem to be a lot of concept of big anthropomorphic "God" figures in what we see of recent First religion.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume so considering the whole Oracle of Light thing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe I forgot about the darkness people Rak'tika and more importantly the Great Serpent of Ronka.

I need to repent :negative:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I can't believe I forgot about the darkness people Rak'tika and more importantly the Great Serpent of Ronka.

I need to repent :negative:
You must speak the word of power

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Sharlayan astrology used to have time manipulation back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

(goes back in time, erases all evidence of AST time magic)

I don't know what you're talking about