Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Star Citizen is a custom built home because...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

peter gabriel posted:

Games that are food, you've got:

No Man's Pie
Flan Turismo

There are probably others but those are the main two as I see it
Tart Citizen.

oh wait, games that are food. gently caress.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

TurnipFall 2
Cod: Infinite Warfish
Assassin's Feed.
World of (Ham) Shanks.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Warhawk109 posted:

My last big one was the Idris frigate during the 2014 livestream sale in December.

I forget, how much was that thing? What was your total?

You probably said already, but I'll be hosed to check back.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Hav posted:

I take it the guy on the right is the amateur? He has all the energy, while the middle guy has technique.

The Ben-lite on the left is cheating by having a fat hanging armor.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

XK posted:

Amazon doesn't even know Star Citizen exists, or is purposely avoiding acknowledging that it exists.

witness the depth of the desperation of a stunted goon for whom star citizen just *can't* work out... his life is validated only upon it's failure.

pathetic

you've seen the gdc page, right?

https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/gdc2017/

you've seen the oversized area star citizen had at the lumberyard booth at gdc, right?

Lazrin fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 14, 2017

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

XK posted:

I forget, how much was that thing? What was your total?

You probably said already, but I'll be hosed to check back.

That was 1250. Total amount was over 4100, some of that physical goods and subscriptions, total pledged was about 3300. So yeah there's a fair amount I won't get back in the refund, I'll make some of it back in the currency exchange back to CAD (since most of my pledges were before CAD took a dive).

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Warhawk109 posted:

Most of my pledges were prior to 2015. My last big one was the Idris frigate during the 2014 livestream sale in December. At the time, I had a ton of disposable income, already had a house, a nice brand new vehicle, a few grand thrown at some jpegs? No biggie. Anyways since then I basically stopped following development, figured in a year or two I'd have a game to play, and I'd have a huge jump start on my career as a pirate, have lots of ships for my guildies coming over from SWTOR to play with. Only recently started to follow development again, and discovered it's no where near where I thought it would be at this point, and literally years away if ever. All you have to do is look at what they've accomplished, versus what is left to do. It's not happening. Came to this realization last week, and then gradually started going down the rabbit hole. I'm down deep now, spent the last few days totally immersed in all the BS uncovered by people like DS, the people on r/starcitizen_refunds, and here. Feels good to be woke to all this. Just want OUT!

you can't be responsible for your own decisions? you can't man up and see your commitment through?

here's a protip - unless you actually want to be taken for a fool, don't read a word derek writes.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lots of cool news about Star Citizen too

*crickets*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

witness the depth of the desperation of a stunted goon for whom star citizen just *can't* work out... his life is validated only upon it's failure.

pathetic

you've seen the oversized area star citizen had at the lumberyard booth at cdc, right?

Well, seeing those three PCs set up near a big TV and a printed background sure showed us lot

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

TurnipFall 2
Cod: Infinite Warfish

Grand Trout Auto 5
Falloctopus 4
Cod Kings 2
Kerbal Squid Program (this is a space game that actually works)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

you can't be responsible for your own decisions? you can't man up and see your commitment through?

here's a protip - unless you actually want to be taken for a fool, don't read a word derek writes.
omg its lazrin

hey there :)

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Lazrin posted:

you've seen the oversized area star citizen had at the lumberyard booth at gdc, right?

Packed to the rafters.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Lazrin posted:

Pretty sure me asking for a refund, is being responsible for my decisions.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

Lots of cool news about Star Citizen too

*crickets*

Did you know they are partnered with Amazon now and will license out their revolutionary underpant buying technology?
You should do more research before you go spouting your whore mouth off.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MoMA and Lazrin: Getting the Band Back Together

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dooguk posted:

"I think you have to approach SC as you would a person you really want to be more intimate with, but due to certain circumstances, whatever they may be, know deep down will never ever come to fruition. If you learn to accept this very real reality, anything you get from that person will easily be viewed upon with joy, even if its nothing more than a brief hi/goodbye. In short, temper your expectations affordably and you'll never be disappointed."

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7573155/#Comment_7573155

Star Citizen: It's out of your league.

Star Citizen: Friendversed

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Did you know they are partnered with Amazon now and will license out their revolutionary underpant buying technology?
You should do more research before you go spouting your whore mouth off.

Wow, rude. MODS???

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 14, 2017

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Sauerkraut New Vegas

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

Warhawk109 posted:

Pretty sure me asking for a refund, is being responsible for my decisions.

nah, it shows you're a gullible sheep whose mind is easily swayed in order to be accepted as "one of the group". you sure shuffled in here right quick, didn't ya?

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

TheAgent posted:

omg its lazrin

hey there :)

hey there! i'm hoping for some of your 'leaks' to surface as true one of these days... but alas :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

Wow, rude. MODS???

Mods won't help you in the Owned Zone, because that's where you are right now goonailure, in the Owned Zone, where you got Owned by me in this zone

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

nah, it shows you're a gullible sheep whose mind is easily swayed in order to be accepted as "one of the group". you sure shuffled in here right quick, didn't ya?

You tell him man, I bet he's going to feel pretty stupid after you post things at him, yes sirree!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I am also triggered by people who get a refund

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
once I canceled a pre-order for a video game

the shame drove my wife to suicide and my children no longer talk to me. the small village where I grew up has stricken my name from their histories.

I should have honored my promises

kore o yarou. may my ancestors forgive me

*pulls out a hanzo steel sword with a flourish and decapitates himself*

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hey remember when you couldn't fly your spaceships but the devs spent time and effort making a fishtank for you to look at?

Give a man a digital fishtank and he won't eat for a day (because he bought digital fish to go in it lol)

Give a man a refund and he'll eat for life (because he spent it on a cool rear end fish murdergun)

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

i'll go back to lurking now, sorry to bother you all. sometimes the stupid is just too much to take.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

i'll go back to lurking now, sorry to bother you all. sometimes the stupid is just too much to take.

Nooooooooo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

No please post more it owns

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Lazrin posted:

pathetic

I guess they like that Breakaway game even more. That one is like $150 mill or so, right?

quote:

Star Citizen

Come play Cloud Imperium’s ambitious Lumberyard game, Star Citizen, with three other players.

lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

No please post more it owns

That's because we are still in the Owned Zone

<< Catte

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Lazrin posted:

My posts on RSI were also being talked about here, which was what prompted me to join.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lazrin posted:

i actually missed your gimmick, welcome back

do derek now

Warhawk109 posted:

My posts on RSI were also being talked about here, which was what prompted me to join.

I don't know how much of this thread or the last one you've looked at but this guy is an incredibly angry and dumb backer that shows up now and then to troll people, so answering him earnestly is probably a waste of time.

He does seem extra bitter you got a refund though so good job.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Warhawk109 posted:

Most of my pledges were prior to 2015. My last big one was the Idris frigate during the 2014 livestream sale in December. At the time, I had a ton of disposable income, already had a house, a nice brand new vehicle, a few grand thrown at some jpegs? No biggie. Anyways since then I basically stopped following development, figured in a year or two I'd have a game to play, and I'd have a huge jump start on my career as a pirate, have lots of ships for my guildies coming over from SWTOR to play with. Only recently started to follow development again, and discovered it's no where near where I thought it would be at this point, and literally years away if ever. All you have to do is look at what they've accomplished, versus what is left to do. It's not happening. Came to this realization last week, and then gradually started going down the rabbit hole. I'm down deep now, spent the last few days totally immersed in all the BS uncovered by people like DS, the people on r/starcitizen_refunds, and here. Feels good to be woke to all this. Just want OUT!

Good for you friend, I love it when someone see's the project for what it is and backs away from it accordingly. :)

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Lazrin posted:

pathetic

It was very superficial - Amazon had like... 8 other sections about as big? Much more importantly they didn't make any presentations - which made sense, since they only appeared to have one dev. Everyone else representing CIG was a volunteer according to their uniform.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Good Dumplings posted:

It was very superficial - Amazon had like... 8 other sections about as big? Much more importantly they didn't make any presentations - which made sense, since they only appeared to have one dev. Everyone else representing CIG was a volunteer according to their uniform.

But, but it's oversized? OVERSIZED

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Warhawk109 posted:

That was 1250. Total amount was over 4100, some of that physical goods and subscriptions, total pledged was about 3300. So yeah there's a fair amount I won't get back in the refund, I'll make some of it back in the currency exchange back to CAD (since most of my pledges were before CAD took a dive).

Wooo.

You're on par with Sarsparilla (I can't remember how to spell his name)

He got refunded twice.

Good luck with your refund.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

That's because we are still in the Owned Zone

<< Catte

Better than the Boned Zone probably, since I assume that involve Chris Roberts making tender love to your wallet while you're forced to watch with those weird eyeball things from A Clockwork Orange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

peter gabriel posted:

But, but it's oversized? OVERSIZED

poo poo, I hope those volunteers got paid. I didn't even think about that at the time :smith: