Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kobogartimer posted:

When I first played Dragon's Dogma on the ps3, my pawn became fixated on looting inconsequential crap. Every time we visited Gran Soren, he would jump into the fountain to fish out the coins and eventually associated arriving in Gran Soren with becoming drenched. So whenever we went there he would always dutifully remind me to be careful I don't get soaked.

This is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fortnite battle royale is both addictive and the the stupidest thing I've ever played.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wolfsheim posted:

I've never played Dragon's Dogma but this kind of AI retardation makes it sound kind of amazing

somehow i accidentally trained a pawn to pin down every enemy it could get a hold of, which is actually super intensely useful but also equally as hilarious to watch unfold

edit: also the pawn looked like pam from archer

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Wolfsheim posted:

I've never played Dragon's Dogma but this kind of AI retardation makes it sound kind of amazing

It's one of the highlights. That kind of poo poo happens constantly. And with renting out other people's pawns, you get to experience all the lovely things they learned to do too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dragons dogma is a weird rear end super flawed game and also sort of a amazing and totally worth playing. Tbh I'm probably gonna buy it again on Tuesday.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wish the whole story of dragon's dogma was as batshit crazy as the last few hours

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah absolutely

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dragon's Dogma (especially the original PS3/360 version) is essentially a licensed Berserk game that had its serial numbers filed off so it only makes sense that it's got that slow downward spiral of stereotypical D&D adventure before turning into insanity.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not so much as a slow spiral as a sheer cliff tbh

the endgame comes out of nowhere

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's like, such a mix of the greatest poo poo and the worst poo poo. Totally awesome style and combat. Some challenging stuff. The night is actually dark and dangerous. Some super cool areas to explore. Great enemies. Awesome customization. And the end game is absolutely amazing.

Then on the other hand it's one of the most incompetent open world rpgs ever made. Zero balance (goes straight from unreasonably hard to no challenge whatsoever then back to unreasonably hard in the dlc) and some of the quests are so bad it's mind blowing. I think I ran back and forth up that road with the goblins 200 times. The map is tiny and sparse. The game starts out with an amazing dungeon and it turns out to be the only dungeon in the game etc...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's all true, dogma is worth playing for the good parts but you really have to have a high tolerance for the bad parts because they're everywhere and there's no avoiding them. It's pretty incredible how so much awesome and so much terrible stuff can exist in the same package

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the world of dd is like a crescent with a little bit extending out in the middle, but mostly it's just a slightly curved line along the path of the main road. it's incredibly shallow and all of the enemies are set spawns that appear in the same place every time. not very rewarding to explore

what I'd like from a sequel: fix the lame side quest design, make the world bigger and more dynamic, and make the middle part of the story more interesting. they can keep some of the weird jank tho because it can be kinda charming, like accidentally marrying the shopkeeper (tho I think they patched that out)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hate that it still doesn't have a proper sequel, because it is so close to absolute greatness, but is bogged down by some really terrible stuff. If they could just expand the scope of the map and make a solid selection of dungeons, fix the balance and repetition issues, and fire the guy that thought running back and forth from one end of the map to the other 3 times to talk to 2 npcs was an acceptable "quest" (amongst many other horrible quests), I feel like it would be in the pantheon with Souls for greatest arpgs. All the groundwork is there. it blows that they still haven't expanded on it. I'm hoping this re-release is a build up to a sequel announcement, but knowing Capcom it's probably just a cash grab.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey, fingers crossed! Itsuno's still apologizing for not showing off his new game and the next possible reveal point is PSX!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"we'd like to unveil the long awaited sequel you've all been looking forward to... dragon's dogma online 2!"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was just reminded of this incredibly stupid video I made. Enjoy a recording of a Xbox 360 game taken on an iPhone 3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SADMqKzq91c

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Dragons Dogma is a game with a deceptively small map. That being said, there was stuff that I still hadn't seen after beating the game, like Soulflayer Canyon.

The added dungeon from Dark Arisen was kind of bullshit in that a lot of the enemies there were just health sinks and it was better to exploit using those exploding arrow things that pretty much ruin every boss in the game.

But I can't wait to buy it again. I am a remaster whore.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

the world of dd is like a crescent with a little bit extending out in the middle, but mostly it's just a slightly curved line along the path of the main road. it's incredibly shallow and all of the enemies are set spawns that appear in the same place every time. not very rewarding to explore

what I'd like from a sequel: fix the lame side quest design, make the world bigger and more dynamic, and make the middle part of the story more interesting. they can keep some of the weird jank tho because it can be kinda charming, like accidentally marrying the shopkeeper (tho I think they patched that out)

You can still marry the innkeeper they just made him an exception so he doesn't get progressively more turned on every time you talk to him for routine business

So now you'll just be told that caxton is your true love instead.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I am pumped as heck for DD as its the rare game that seems both extremely my poo poo and yet I somehow missed out on it last gen.

e: oh and its got a preload and everything didn't think they'd bother for a remaster. downloading now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Digirat posted:

You can still marry the innkeeper they just made him an exception so he doesn't get progressively more turned on every time you talk to him for routine business

So now you'll just be told that caxton is your true love instead.

I know you can but that's where the "accidentally" part came in

also bring back the greatest song of our generation for any potential sequels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Don't worry, not long ago a new player in the thread confusedly said they were forced to hook up with caxton so the magic is still alive.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Digirat posted:

Don't worry, not long ago a new player in the thread confusedly said they were forced to hook up with caxton so the magic is still alive.

They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

haha do you guys remember when people got probated for things like that

didn't one in Games have a cute shift button avatar and would probate anyone that didn't use caps when warranted

time to be alive

Is this a request for me to become some sort of Tyrannical Mod Overlord, probating unjustly for every slight infraction?!?!!

Because I cannot do it. I don't have it in me. I like the chill, more laidback nature of this forum now. :)

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Please no videogames don't change your style, whenever (mostly) I am going to make a bad post I stop and think videogames would think this is lame, just don't.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Went back a couple pages and didn't see this, a new PSVR model is being released with built in earbuds and HDR passthrough:

quote:

A hardware update to PlayStation VR is being prepared. The new version, model number CUH-ZVR2, features an updated design that enables the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. There’s also an updated Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit in between the TV and the PS4 system. This function can be used only when the VR headset is turned off.

https://kotaku.com/sony-announces-an-updated-playstation-vr-headset-1819048440

The old one crippling HDR was insanely dumb.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

Please no videogames don't change your style, whenever (mostly) I am going to make a bad post I stop and think videogames would think this is lame, just don't.

once before posting I thought "what would video games do" but I couldn't figure out how to add microtransactions to my post

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

once before posting I thought "what would video games do" but I couldn't figure out how to add microtransactions to my post

I agree, no amount of money can make your posting good. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

please stop owning me, I've switched to a subscription based model

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Was about to make a boat level joke but then the last one I played was on Uncharted and it was awful. HL2's boat level wasn't too hot aswell so I'll leave this post in solid ground before it becomes too bad even for a games' thread.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Destiny 2 report: way more into it than the first one. Looks nice on PS4. If you can pick it up cheap and your friends have it, it's a good co-op game.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Guillermus posted:

Was about to make a boat level joke but then the last one I played was on Uncharted and it was awful. HL2's boat level wasn't too hot aswell so I'll leave this post in solid ground before it becomes too bad even for a games' thread.

Half-Life 2's boat level is fine within the context of the game. It's really not that long, and you get out a few times to kill some dudes, and I really liked the sense of distance and progression you get. You really feel like you're getting "away" from the city.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The bit where the smoke stack falls on you was really cool and killed my pc Back in the day

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Every part of HL2 goes on for just a bit too long.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

haveblue posted:

Every part of HL2 goes on for just a bit too long.

Including the wait for the sequel.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wondered if anyone can help with this:

My PS4 constantly has DNS issues, for example streaming is impossible as it drops connection every 10 mins or so, sometimes more. This appears to be the only device in the house that does it (e.g the Wii U, laptops and phones that are all in the same room never have the issue). Its on WiFi
I have tried changing the DNS to my routers advised ones, tried using google's DNS too but still cannot for the life of me nail this down. I might try assigning a static IP to see if that resolves it but figured id try here.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 2, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

[quote="“VideoGames”" post="“476969490”"]
Is this a request for me to become some sort of Tyrannical Mod Overlord, probating unjustly for every slight infraction?!?!!

Because I cannot do it. I don’t have it in me. I like the chill, more laidback nature of this forum now. :)
[/quote]

Be the change you want to see in the world

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

My PS4 constantly has DNS issues, for example streaming is impossible as it drops connection every 10 mins or so, sometimes more. This appears to be the only device in the house that does it (e.g the Wii U, laptops and phones that are all in the same room never have the issue). Its on WiFi
I have tried changing the DNS to my routers advised ones, tried using google's DNS too but still cannot for the life of me nail this down. I might try assigning a static IP to see if that resolves it but figured id try here.

I've had a similar issue with a work computer - the solution was to uninstall Avast antivirus.

You might want to change the DNS/IP setting to Google's (8.8.8.8. or something), I hear that might help in some cases, though I don't know if it'd help in this situation.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

CyberPingu posted:

I'd tried setting a static IP to see if that changes anything. Also, if possible, try wiring it up instead of WiFi. Just to see whatn happens.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world

If I was a nickel for every time somebody said that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

rotaryfun posted:

I'd tried setting a static IP to see if that changes anything. Also, if possible, try wiring it up instead of WiFi. Just to see whatn happens.

Too far from my router to run a cable. Will try the static ip