Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My son is turning 13 and is really really into music so I pre-ordered the new Bad Religion album and hoodie for him

And a new T-shirt for me

Also a bunch of random car parts for our father-son project

Hell yeah, I didn't know they had a new album coming out. One of the best concerts I have been to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
props on being a rad dad Imperador do Brasil

colas
Feb 14, 2007

bowmore posted:

props on being a rad dad Imperador do Brasil

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Friend of mine and I always drooled over the FC and FD. Won't forget my dad saying how much of a pain in the rear end Wankle engines are to work on.

JEEVES420 posted:

Hell yeah, I didn't know they had a new album coming out. One of the best concerts I have been to.

Saw them last year and it was pretty awesome, but the sound wasn't the best. Concert on the beach is a little hard to have good acoustics. They did play a song or two off this new album

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Teach posted:

Just bought my first lot of gig tickets for a few years. Some new stuff.

And some old nostalgic stuff.

Consecutive nights, one in my hometown, one 120 miles away. The only complication is my current location, but that's something I can work on, yeah? Excited for both, and if I can't make it, then some friends are going to get some great birthday presents this year.

Following up on this, I've just bought the flights. Back to the UK for four nights, two nights of gigs, two nights of looking behind the sofa cushions, trying to find some money for food. I regret nothing.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I just ordered a Dell 24" HD 1920x1080 LED monitor, as well as a refurbished computer to replace my old one. It's a Dell Optiplex, with an Intel i5 quad-core, which seems like a pretty solid option. I don't know much about that kind of computer stuff, but I do know it'll have 8 GB of RAM, and I think I'll be able to take the graphics card from my old machine and put it into the new one.

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

Should be a good night out

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

ElZilcho posted:

Fun synchronicity clicking the thread and seeing this while listening to the latest episode. Have a great time! I hope they come around central Florida sometime soon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ElZilcho posted:

I'm jealous! Hail yourself!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Cool Dads ITT. My Dad got me super into nerdy poo poo like the band Rush and building computers, so here's my finished build of those parts I mentioned like 10 days ago after my first trip to Micro Center, a store I did not know existed and did not need to know existed.

I went for a vaporwave theme because why the gently caress not.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My dad left me a COBOL.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
My dad left me

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Tim Whatley posted:

Cool Dads ITT. My Dad got me super into nerdy poo poo like the band Rush and building computers, so here's my finished build of those parts I mentioned like 10 days ago after my first trip to Micro Center, a store I did not know existed and did not need to know existed.

I went for a vaporwave theme because why the gently caress not.

Cool bisexual computer

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I bought another random piece of wood

The seller sent me a message "You must have vision. I really think this piece is awesome. I would truly love to see pictures of what you make with it." :v:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

The seller sent me a message "You must have vision. I really think this piece is awesome. I would truly love to see pictures of what you make with it." :v:

now you have to share what you make with it :colbert:

seriously tho that’s a pretty gnarly piece i’m curious what you’re gonna do with it.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought a rock!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

dovetaile posted:

I bought a rock!

Christ Marie, they're minerals!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

dovetaile posted:

I bought a rock!

That's a very powerful crystal. Will you charge it up with people you meet on Craigslist?

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I recently scooped a pair of tires off Amazon, just some regular-rear end Hankooks, and had them installed at Sears. Somehow they got them on the wrong sides so the rotation arrow was backwards and inflated one of them to 60 PSI instead of 37. :dogcited:

Also, Hollow Knight which will just have to tide me over until after I move and I can get Sekiro, that poo poo looks nuts. I'm already way through Hollow Knight it's some amazing Metroidvania gameplay and repeat exploration, it's a steal at $15 and exists for PC and all consoles.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

dovetaile posted:

I bought a rock!

Nice rock!

I too bought some rocks, but I hit mine with a hammer and it fell apart.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

JEEVES420 posted:

You’re going to gently caress it, aren’t you?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Send him a picture of a coaster or pen just to see what he says.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Dropped my old iPhone 6 into the local theater's recliner & it got promptly chewed up by the internal mechanical parts. Since the phone's GPS was also on the way out, I picked up a replacement.

iPhone XR 256gb in yellow.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Dropped my old iPhone 6 into the local theater's recliner & it got promptly chewed up by the internal mechanical parts. Since the phone's GPS was also on the way out, I picked up a replacement.

iPhone XR 256gb in yellow.
Piss phone is real

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

That's a very powerful crystal. Will you charge it up with people you meet on Craigslist?

No, this isn't a jack off-powered crystal.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Every single one of your posts makes me nostalgic or flash back to the mid 90s.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

A bought a threadripper for less than $300 cuz amazon had a sale.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coredump posted:

A bought a threadripper for less than $300 cuz amazon had a sale.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
The ugliest book in the world: Ugly's

Mother fuckin Ohm's law boys.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

The ugliest book in the world: Ugly's

Mother fuckin Ohm's law boys.

Seems like you shouldn't go discount route for safety's sake, but then I'm not a plumber

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Stock photo obviously.

The Sony A6000. I've started doing more travelling and I wanted to start taking pictures that are better than camera phone ones. This one was marketed as being for beginners/entry level and it was in my price range, that said I think I already spent an equal amount on lenses, with more lined up. Also purchased was 'Understanding Exposure', a book on... well understanding exposure.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Understanding Exposure is a great book. If you want a supplementary to it The Art Of Photography is a great YouTube channel and Ted's Basics playlist taught me a lot when I was getting started.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGEE7pGLuppQY4FOnAA25cNZn1fHYSIUh

Also photography related, I bought some expired film in 35 and loved it, so I bought out the last of their 120 stock.

Those photos are from the 35mm stock.

Unfortunately they have no more of the 35 so I've only got 2 more rolls of that, possibly ever. This stuff has an expiry date of 1984.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Simone Poodoin posted:

San José sucks as a tourist destination (I say it as someone who lives here). The rest of your destinations are awesome.

Monteverde has amazing ziplines, I would recommend Monteverde Extremo, their full tour has like 15 regular ziplines, a tarzan swing, a mile long superman line and another one where you go through a tunnel. Just don't do what I did the first time I went, it's a decent hike overall between stations so don't do it while nursing a hangover.

Yo Simone are you still reading this thread? I was hoping I might be able to email you as I’m travelling next week and just wondering if You can help with some recommendations/advice! Cheers.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Bought two tickets for the boyfriend and I to see Dear Evan Hansen in August at The Kennedy Center! Excited as hell!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Bape Culture posted:

Yo Simone are you still reading this thread? I was hoping I might be able to email you as I’m travelling next week and just wondering if You can help with some recommendations/advice! Cheers.

Yes, you can email me at removed

lmk when you write down the email address so I can edit it out from this post

Simone Poodoin has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Mar 27, 2019

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Simone Poodoin posted:

Yes, you can email me at hello

lmk when you write down the email address so I can edit it out from this post

Done :)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

nocal posted:

Seems like you shouldn't go discount route for safety's sake, but then I'm not a plumber

I work as an IT admin for an electrical supply company and people have morally compassed me to at least read the book to "Somewhat" understand it. Hell the first page clearly states that this book is not ment to cover everything involving electrical work but it is a handy tool to get started with the absolute basics.

So far I am enjoying it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Stopped by my local independent games shop intending to get some games for the above GBA and DS (both original models from my childhood, dug out of storage and cleaned up), didn’t buy any and instead got A Nightmare On Elm St Blu-Ray collection ($25) and the Criterion(!) of Dazed and Confused ($15) so I’m pretty happy.

Also got a book on eBay put out by the video store I mentioned recently. It’s a bit of fun.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
First time donating to MaxFun Drive in order to get this pin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

First time donating to MaxFun Drive in order to get this pin

:same:

speaking of pins, had one come in with a kickstarter book: