Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Also I was unsure if he had a gun and was kinda worried I would die today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

we don't have chipotle or taco bell here, and starbucks is a disgusting abomination that nobody goes to.

the only bad american imports we got was mcdonalds, kfc and pizza hut. of those pizza hut is fukt because of competition from better and jhust as cheap joints, and mcdonalds is fighting super hard to stay relevant. i dunno about how well KFC is doing.

we're still a raelly fat nation in general though so eh some people must be grabbing that poo poo

Probably because Cricket is a game for fat people, unlike baseball, which is the apex of athleticism.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Last time I rode the bus someone got stabbed. Dangerous public transport buddies.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello look at me I am a cricket player *eats a 16 pound ham, drinks 120 beers, throws a ball underhanded* feh feh feh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't usually get mad at video games anymore, but my last two dota games have involved raging children that really got to me. The first game had a dude get angry for seemingly no reason and just decide to walk into the enemy team. It's basically impossible to win when someone does this, but the people playing on the other team decided to try to drag the game out as long as possible anyway, so it was basically 40 minutes of a complete waste of time that was over 5 minutes in because someone threw a hissy fit.

This happens, but it's really rare so whatever, start up a new game. This time a guy dies 2 times, says "my team is poo poo" in all chat and leaves the game, nevermind we're actually up a kill overall. At least that one had the mercy of being short since once someone else leaves you can leave without punishment, but it's another loss because someone got mad and didn't want to play anymore.

It just frustrates me when I go to play and some people just go into the game angry and ready to ruin the fun of 4 other people because they're too selfish to play a team game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

he did OBVIOUSLY (I never ask people out it's too stressful)

AND

we didn't even split it. he asked for separate checks.

gosh like.

ugh

Oh then he is wrong, you have my permission to be MIFFED!

AS MIFFED AS YOU WANT

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Looks like you didn't account for this

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

he did OBVIOUSLY (I never ask people out it's too stressful)

AND

we didn't even split it. he asked for separate checks.

gosh like.

ugh

haha accountants amirite

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also if you are a fan of musical theater, rap, or American history, you really owe it to yourself to give the Hamilton soundtrack a listen. It's really, really, really good. The show is great, but the music is amazing and tbqh I don't think you lose that much listening to the soundtrack, it's virtually entirely songs with minimal dialogue.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Looks like you didn't account for this

:newlol:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Only date engineers, the sexiest profession.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Separate bills might have been better for you if you ordered less than him.

And nah, Asker paying lends itself to the idea that you owe them something since they took you out for dinner. It has bad social baggage.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ecco don't rek urself

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

as a graduate from rpi, lmao.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

just pay if you have the money goons stop being inside your own heads!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, no, I'd rather pay for myself.

It's nice for someone to offer, but I want to pay for my own things.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

as a graduate from rpi, lmao.

On median, sure, but I raise the average so high that's it all works out.

I got yer back, y'all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

destroy the individual

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

Probably because Cricket is a game for fat people, unlike baseball, which is the apex of athleticism.

the best cricket player in the world, ladies and gentlemen. He got engaged to Liz Hurley aka the model and hot chick from Austin Powers, but probably couldn't keep it in his pants long enough.

CCKeane posted:

Hello look at me I am a cricket player *eats a 16 pound ham, drinks 120 beers, throws a ball underhanded* feh feh feh
you have softball and cricket mixed up. if you included smoking a ciggy that'd be accurate though

CCKeane posted:

Also if you are a fan of musical theater, rap, or American history

so nobody

CCKeane posted:

kkceane you troll too hard, friend.

first date i would always offer to pay, subsequent dates you should probably split.
then again i haven't been on a date in like 8 years or whatever so hosed if i know anymore

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Hey birb i got your american politics joke ha ha good 1 m8

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Yeah, no, I'd rather pay for myself.

It's nice for someone to offer, but I want to pay for my own things.

Yeah, once the offer of splitting is on the table that's p. much always the ideal, but if it is a LOOKING TO BE MIFFED situation that's the deal.

Amoeba102 posted:

And nah, Asker paying lends itself to the idea that you owe them something since they took you out for dinner. It has bad social baggage.

So this is one of those ones where what the ideal is (splitting) is different from what actually happens, which is that a lot of people use different standards for it and very few people want to start the interaction of a first date with a discussion on how the bill is going to be split. Since enough people don't believe in splitting the bill, asker pays is the best option. I mean I get what you are saying broadly, but I think the social baggage is more a component of larger issues than a problem in an of itself.

Of course, the real pro move is don't go to dinner on a first date, jeeeeeez.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Oh look at me I'm going to watch a cricket game *drinks for 12 straight hours over 8 days, vomits on self, makes self smell better* feh feh feh

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

*drinks for 12 straight hours over 8 days, vomits on self, makes self smell better*
but enough about the english

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I don't really have to worry about the social baggage thing at the moment I guess. Being in a long term stable relationship has it's perks. I'll pay, she'll pay, split sometimes. whatever is easiest.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i am a baseball hitman
i make a hit 30% of the time
i am considered a good baseballer

hello baseballer I am cckeane my good joke making rate is below the mendoza line

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i am a baseball fan. how good are the Expos?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I could have bought multiple video games with what I spent on dinner last weekend s m h

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

omg photog chose a fancy french place ugh dating is so drat expensive.

So I thought about it and literally every one of my successful relationships started with the first date being in a bar. So I recommend bars.

Birdstrike posted:

i am a baseball hitman
i make a hit 30% of the time
i am considered a good baseballer

hello baseballer I am cckeane my good joke making rate is below the mendoza line

Hello I am a cricket person, I rub my legs together to make a funny sound and I am considered a good cricket person because I am sober for 15 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes on Sunday.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

do non australians play professional sports in australia

serious question

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
birdstrike ur slipping

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

CCKeane posted:

Hello I am a cricket person, I rub my legs together to make a funny sound and I am considered a good cricket person because I am sober for 15 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes on Sunday.

u make this sound like a bad thing

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tommunist posted:

u make this sound like a bad thing

It could be worse, at least of you drink enough you'll fall asleep.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tremendous Taste posted:

do non australians play professional sports in australia

serious question

Serious answer, yes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tommunist posted:

I'm still waiting for a rarity post

Well I'd hate to disappoint my adoring fans

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

help I'm on a date with the accountant and we have zero chemistry help

Just tell them you don't think the date is going well so how about you both call it a day?

No need to be weird about it guys, geez

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
By the way, who the hell goes straight to dinner for a first date? Just hit up a pub/bar and get a few drinks together imo :colbert:

Alternatively: bowling. Everyone loves bowling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amoeba102 posted:

If someone offers to pay for your meal/drinks/etc then you take that offer unless you know you make more money than them. We're all adult enough to know that we don't owe them poo poo.