Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The track day bro! race summary is better content than most F1 broadcasters manage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
track day no!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Who all has expressed interest in producing an engine for the 2021 regs, beyond the current suppliers? Cosworth, Ilmor, Porsche, anyone else?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Dubs posted:

track day no!

Dubs posted:

track day no!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Track day ho

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

track day bro! posted:

Anyway now here are my :siren::frogsiren::milk::monar::krakken:OFFICIAL FROMULA 1 RACE RATINGS:krakken::monar::milk::frogsiren::siren:

1 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes - as we all know 69 is the funny sex number and as a big fan of funny numbers I think this is a good amount of poles to have. Fortunately this will be his last pole this season as Ferrari are about to win every other pole and race for the rest of the year 69/69

2 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes - I'm sorry that I pretended that Valtteri was Heikki Kovalinen in a previous post and would like to apologize. This guy entered a Formula 1 race, qualified for the race and even finished it in 2nd. What an achivement! 5/10

3 5 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari - WHAT A TOP DRIVE FROM MY BEST LAD SEBASTIAN VETTEL AGAINST ALL ODDS MANAGING TO SECURE 3RD PLACE FOR THE GLORIOUS SCUDERIA AT THE HOME OF THE SCUDERIA MONZA ∞/10

4 3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - confirmed to be a rapist over team radio, did some good overtakes I guess. 6/10

5 7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari - was a bit poo poo, let the scud down this weekend, but I'm sure he will definitely be awesome for the rest of the season. 9/10

6 31 Esteban Ocon Force India Mercedes - What a great drive from Estrogen cockon 8/10

7 18 Lance Stroll Williams Mercedes - Wow what a top top top top top weekend for Canada's Pride Lance Stroll. Who says you need money to be good in F1? 10/10

8 19 Felipe Massa Williams Mercedes - Terrible terrible terrible drive from everyones least favorite Brazilian FailPeePee Assa, randomly crashing into people. Almost killed Max 'The Future of F1' Verstappen and totally ruined his race. Should be banned from the sport -420/10

9 11 Sergio Perez Force India Mercedes - HEY, HEY HEY DO YA REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO DRIVE FOR MCLAREN? DO YA? GO ON DO YA REMEMBER??????? ALSO I KNOW ITS HILLARIOUS THAT IN THIS CONTEXT THE JOKE IS THAT MCLAREN WERE CONSIDERED GOOD AT SOME POINT /6/10

10 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - What can I say fantastic qualifying performance, combined with a fantastic drive after being almost killed by a geriatric braindamaged Brazillian he still manages to finish in the points. 9001/10

11 20 Kevin Magnussen Haas Ferrari - So last time I was insanely illegally probated for being far too funny for the thread with a rivals dot com pun for this guy so i'll try again. Keven F*gnussen. 6(hours of probation)/10

12 26 Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso - I bet Danii is sick of being called the torpedo 9000 times a second when he's on screen. Didn't do anything, bring back minardi pls. 5/10

13 27 Nico Hulkenberg Renault - What a fraud, somehow lucking out by making sure good lad Jolyon 'jol' Palmer has a bad car. Also here's a rivals dot com pun Pricko Spunkenberg 4/10

14 55 Carlos Sainz Toro Rosso - I can't think of a mean thing to say about nuestro Carlos, he's a good lad that deserves to not be driving for a lovely fizzy drinks team. 8/10

15 8 Romain Grosjean Haas Ferrari - big bitch, delayed qualifying by 9000 hours so I ended up spending the saturday drinking and helping a friend swap his bin wheels onto his motorcycle. probably bitched on the radio during the race about something 2/10

16 94 Pascal Wehrlein Sauber Ferrari - this guy fuc

17 14 Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda - I'm pretty sure this guy has brutally murdered Jolyon Palmer by now, I cannot condone the murder of a good lad who means well 10/10

18 9 Marcus Ericsson Sauber Ferrari - if you think I can think of something to say about this guy then you'd be wrong. you can't even make a good rivals cot com pun out of his name.

NC 2 Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren Honda - So I've been informed that it was actually this guys home gp last race and not Max 'the future of F1' Verstappen's. 9/10

NC 30 Jolyon Palmer Renault - killed by Spaniard 4/10

Spot on as always, thank you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

Anyway now here are my :siren::frogsiren::milk::monar::krakken:OFFICIAL FROMULA 1 RACE RATINGS:krakken::monar::milk::frogsiren::siren:

1 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes - as we all know 69 is the funny sex number and as a big fan of funny numbers I think this is a good amount of poles to have. Fortunately this will be his last pole this season as Ferrari are about to win every other pole and race for the rest of the year 69/69

2 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes - I'm sorry that I pretended that Valtteri was Heikki Kovalinen in a previous post and would like to apologize. This guy entered a Formula 1 race, qualified for the race and even finished it in 2nd. What an achivement! 5/10

3 5 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari - WHAT A TOP DRIVE FROM MY BEST LAD SEBASTIAN VETTEL AGAINST ALL ODDS MANAGING TO SECURE 3RD PLACE FOR THE GLORIOUS SCUDERIA AT THE HOME OF THE SCUDERIA MONZA ∞/10

4 3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - confirmed to be a rapist over team radio, did some good overtakes I guess. 6/10

5 7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari - was a bit poo poo, let the scud down this weekend, but I'm sure he will definitely be awesome for the rest of the season. 9/10

6 31 Esteban Ocon Force India Mercedes - What a great drive from Estrogen cockon 8/10

7 18 Lance Stroll Williams Mercedes - Wow what a top top top top top weekend for Canada's Pride Lance Stroll. Who says you need money to be good in F1? 10/10

8 19 Felipe Massa Williams Mercedes - Terrible terrible terrible drive from everyones least favorite Brazilian FailPeePee Assa, randomly crashing into people. Almost killed Max 'The Future of F1' Verstappen and totally ruined his race. Should be banned from the sport -420/10

9 11 Sergio Perez Force India Mercedes - HEY, HEY HEY DO YA REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO DRIVE FOR MCLAREN? DO YA? GO ON DO YA REMEMBER??????? ALSO I KNOW ITS HILLARIOUS THAT IN THIS CONTEXT THE JOKE IS THAT MCLAREN WERE CONSIDERED GOOD AT SOME POINT /6/10

10 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - What can I say fantastic qualifying performance, combined with a fantastic drive after being almost killed by a geriatric braindamaged Brazillian he still manages to finish in the points. 9001/10

11 20 Kevin Magnussen Haas Ferrari - So last time I was insanely illegally probated for being far too funny for the thread with a rivals dot com pun for this guy so i'll try again. Keven F*gnussen. 6(hours of probation)/10

12 26 Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso - I bet Danii is sick of being called the torpedo 9000 times a second when he's on screen. Didn't do anything, bring back minardi pls. 5/10

13 27 Nico Hulkenberg Renault - What a fraud, somehow lucking out by making sure good lad Jolyon 'jol' Palmer has a bad car. Also here's a rivals dot com pun Pricko Spunkenberg 4/10

14 55 Carlos Sainz Toro Rosso - I can't think of a mean thing to say about nuestro Carlos, he's a good lad that deserves to not be driving for a lovely fizzy drinks team. 8/10

15 8 Romain Grosjean Haas Ferrari - big bitch, delayed qualifying by 9000 hours so I ended up spending the saturday drinking and helping a friend swap his bin wheels onto his motorcycle. probably bitched on the radio during the race about something 2/10

16 94 Pascal Wehrlein Sauber Ferrari - this guy fuc

17 14 Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda - I'm pretty sure this guy has brutally murdered Jolyon Palmer by now, I cannot condone the murder of a good lad who means well 10/10

18 9 Marcus Ericsson Sauber Ferrari - if you think I can think of something to say about this guy then you'd be wrong. you can't even make a good rivals cot com pun out of his name.

NC 2 Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren Honda - So I've been informed that it was actually this guys home gp last race and not Max 'the future of F1' Verstappen's. 9/10

NC 30 Jolyon Palmer Renault - killed by Spaniard 4/10

Thank god somebody finally bought Joe Saward an account.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

Thank god somebody finally bought Joe Saward an account.

Lolling at the thought of Joe Saward finding 69 (aka the funny sex number) amusing.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

track day bro! posted:

Completely accurate, 5/5.

Also this article confirms your perspective on the English:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/over-eight-millions-britons-think-showering-once-week-enough-1637948

sticksy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 5, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

track day bro! posted:

9 11 Sergio Perez Force India Mercedes - HEY, HEY HEY DO YA REMEMBER

Nice undercover message from the Illuminati

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The engine is ready to be picked up friends.

:getin:

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

1500quidporsche posted:

The engine is ready to be picked up friends.

:getin:

When you say picked up

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Brainwrong posted:

When you say picked up

Lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brainwrong posted:

When you say picked up

:vince:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Brainwrong posted:

When you say picked up

I see you've discovered 1500s pit crew!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

When you say picked up

That bear isn't carrying a bottle of cheap wine, that very clearly isn't me.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Brainwrong posted:

When you say picked up

:discourse:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

sticksy posted:

Completely accurate, 5/5.

Also this article confirms your perspective on the English:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/over-eight-millions-britons-think-showering-once-week-enough-1637948

We the British are very clean and tidy people and we just happen to be extremely fit, so we hardly ever get dirty or sweat. And, extrapolating a bit here from my experience, we never have sex.

Also unlike Ferrari fans worldwide we are not covered in a thick layer of grease

poty fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 5, 2017

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

poty posted:

We the British are very clean and tidy people and we just happen to be extremely fit, so we hardly ever get dirty or sweat. And, extrapolating a bit here from my experience, we never have sex.

Also unlike Ferrari fans worldwide we are not covered in a thick layer of grease

Also, it never gets hot enough here to break into a sweat

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Brits are all fat and stupid and filthy as hell but they sound nicer than Americans so the world ignores it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Brits are all fat and stupid and filthy as hell but they sound nicer than Americans so the world ignores it.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bin people?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wow that sure looks like somewhere south of Rome, which as we know is not Italy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Wow that sure looks like somewhere south of Rome, which as we know is not Italy.

In high school my history department for some reason was entirely comprised of people of Italian heritage. It was hilarious being in the one Sicilian guy's class and watching all the teachers randomly drop by to dunk on him.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drat, my buddy's family is from Naples, I never knew I was supposed to be giving him poo poo for it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

wicka posted:

drat, my buddy's family is from Naples, I never knew I was supposed to be giving him poo poo for it.

You don't have to, they have plenty of it backed up in their streets XD

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This is actually kinda related, in football, at least in Italy, you can get a stadium ban or fines for "territorial chants", like the time Juventus supporters had a big banner telling the Napoli supporters to go wash themselves off in Vesuvius before they came to town.

Obviously racing fans are a little more refined than football ones, but has there ever been an instance of someone or a group of someones getting thrown out for being an rear end in a top hat at a grand prix? I feel like this happened at least once in recent memory but I can't remember where.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
https://i.imgur.com/RCdNAir.jpg

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
British lost the right to mock other nations on that one during the winter of discontent. I showed this to my kids and they thought it was from a TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je65Vw7ndro

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

yeaaaah that was it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yeah the Spanish fans lol but didn't that happen during a pre season test in Barcelona?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Yeah and that's worse! Like there was gently caress all riding on the session? I get getting heated up over a championship but blacking up for a practice seems retarded.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I believe it was entirely innocent blackface, if that can be a thing. They were trying to show their support for Lewis, not to abuse him racially. Spain is a country where it's still traditional for someone to black up to play one of the three kings at christmas time, and you can get your kid a dress up costume of the same, including facepaint.

Not to say that there isn't also racist abuse in Spain (as in every country)

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Innocent Blackface is a great name for a Pope but not a convincing argument

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

HJB posted:

Innocent Blackface is a great name for a Pope but not a convincing argument

Oh it's definitely not a thing they should have done, but I believe that they didn't mean to cause offense

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
im in a group text message with those 3 hamilton family members, and they said it was meant to cause offense

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

HJB posted:

Innocent Blackface is a great name for a Pope

Holy poo poo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

This is actually kinda related, in football, at least in Italy, you can get a stadium ban or fines for "territorial chants", like the time Juventus supporters had a big banner telling the Napoli supporters to go wash themselves off in Vesuvius before they came to town.

Obviously racing fans are a little more refined than football ones, but has there ever been an instance of someone or a group of someones getting thrown out for being an rear end in a top hat at a grand prix? I feel like this happened at least once in recent memory but I can't remember where.

The people who boo Lewis in Austria and Italy should get thrown out and banned from F1 for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

They were trying to show their support for Lewis

2008, Lewis is in a bitter battle with Alonso, this the Spanish GP, I don't think they were showing support, but I also agree they wern't intentionally being abusive, they thought it was comedic, a bit like Prince Harry dressing in a Nazi fancy dress outfit, the loving idiot

• Locked thread