Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Nanomashoes posted:

the true communist would learn from Signalis that communists hate art and then hate Signalis afterwards for being art.
wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

That's why I want to play it, I want to see their extremely epic takes on, like, DOnald Trump or Antifa. It's gonna be so bad I can't wait

The protagonists of GTAVI may be criminals and murderers, but even they disapprove of Terrorists, like Hamas. There is a side-quest where you help out a family of Israelis being harassed by pro-Palestinian college students.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Buck Wildman posted:

yes that's charles lee ray

yeah, for some context here's Charles Lee Ray being portrayed by Brad Dourif

https://i.imgur.com/g3nWLsR.mp4

and here's Charles Lee Ray being portrayed just loving dead-on by his daughter Fiona Dourif

https://i.imgur.com/vznONzU.mp4

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ms. grima wormtongue

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(he wears a bow)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i just finished bg3 and i see the like a dragon game is out now and i want to play it but i cannot commit another 2 months to one game with things like star ocean and star field and skylines 2

or can i

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

hubris.height posted:

i just finished bg3 and i see the like a dragon game is out now and i want to play it but i cannot commit another 2 months to one game with things like star ocean and star field and skylines 2

or can i

Just follow my method of being so hopelessly behind on new releases that there's no point in even trying to be caught up so I can just play what I like.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just stop buying new games and play only 1 live service game

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

evilmiera posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBG3dp5QtTk Let's go, most generic of EA trailers!

needs fedora

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mass effect is fedoraish

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
started Ghostrunner 2 last night. game is great, even more than 1. if you like Katana Zero/Hotline Miami, and 3D Platforming with wall running and bullet time, check it out (there's also a demo). it's also extremely photogenic. It's also really cheap off Gamesbillet right now, ~$28 which is actually a crazy good price.

god drat i love games that do seamless restarts.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

smarxist posted:

breh... come on

Kakariko Village always creeped me out in Ocarina

a town forgotten in some cold and rainy mountain pass, way too many tombstones, house infested with spiders, not too mention whatever the gently caress is happening in the well and near the cemetery

that town is haunted

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

ive been remedy pilled ever since i was convinced to put alan wake 1 on easy and play through it that way

real rem heads have been rempilled since max payne 2 and getting invested in moana and the guy in the burger suit

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hubris.height posted:

or can i

i bought so2r after trying the demo since i never played any game in the series. it's fun to break stuff ff8 style and they clearly put a lot of love into it. remake fft you cowards, it will sell a billion copies

demos are great and i'm glad to see they're kind of coming back into vogue after being gone for so long

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

i'm sorry hoots but i just can't endorse this kind of behavior

I'm genuinely envious of people who have whatever brain chemistry enables a person to enjoying playing a video game (or, hell, doing anything) for such a long time. I become miserable if I can't sleep at some point during the day (usually around like 6:00-9:00pm or so).

People talk about stuff like "MMO addiction," but I'm just jealous that someone can "want to do a thing for such a long time."

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

hubris.height posted:

or can i

fwiw Starfield can be a really short game if you ignore all the proc-gen bullshit and pretty unfinished uuniverse, and don't bother hoovering up very useless loot and selling poo poo, and just stick to the main beats only. it doesn't really have nearly as much meat and content on the bones as any previous bethesda game. since there's no in-game travel, you just fast-travel from point-to-point and complete [x] quest and fast-travel back, it goes pretty quick.

i also heard skylines 2 sucks but it may be good in a year or two. i would probably recommend holding off another year or 2 on starfield until modders fix it.

so that means you should play Star Ocean instead

Xaris has issued a correction as of 22:44 on Nov 8, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm genuinely envious of people who have whatever brain chemistry enables a person to enjoying playing a video game (or, hell, doing anything) for such a long time. I become miserable if I can't sleep at some point during the day (usually around like 6:00-9:00pm or so).

People talk about stuff like "MMO addiction," but I'm just jealous that someone can "want to do a thing for such a long time."

its a little thing callled money op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

real rem heads have been rempilled since max payne 2 and getting invested in moana and the guy in the burger suit

i played a shitload of max payne 1 + 2, on a burned cd

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

remedy has always been good, I'm glad more people are seeing it now

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ytlaya posted:

That, or people who say stuff like "Only have 1200 hours logged on X game, not a ton."

Like, what? I'm not sure if I've played 1200 hours of all games combined in my entire life.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That, or people who say stuff like "Only have 1200 hours logged on X game, not a ton."

Like, what? I'm not sure if I've played 1200 hours of all games combined in my entire life.

because Reddit tells them that is not a lot of time

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1722292747481063550

a beta Starfield build now has DLSS and frame generation

I wonder if they finally added the sex scenes. They probably didn't have time after the initial success of BG3, but it's been a while now.

Homeless Friend posted:

its a little thing callled money op

Even if I was getting paid a zillion dollars, I physically would not be able to play a game for that long.

I think it's a brain chemistry thing because my boss is also capable of just doing poo poo constantly around the clock, despite being in his late 60s. There's just something different about some peoples' brains, like they automatically infuse them with organic speed around the clock.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

is max payne 2 the first game with a horde mode????

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Durf posted:

a town forgotten in some cold and rainy mountain pass, way too many tombstones, house infested with spiders, not too mention whatever the gently caress is happening in the well and near the cemetery

that town is haunted

the creepy gently caress sitting by the tree at night being like "everyone SUCKS, and you probably SUCK TOO" :mad:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That can happen if you play an MMO on and off for years. I have (checks) ~2,753 hours in FF14, despite almost never playing more than 2-3 hours at once, but the game has been around for like 10 years and I've had various periods of like 3-9 months where I logged in most days for 2-3 hours.

I'm actually looking at my list of most-played games, and I feel like something weird is going on with Steam's playtime numbers. It says I have 587 hours in Final Fantasy IX, which is absolutely not even remotely true. I never even came close to finishing the PC version! Actually, most of these games with bizarre unrealistic numbers are games that I last played in like 2015, so I think something's going on with the way Steam's calculating that. The FF14 numbers are probably pretty accurate, though.

Durf posted:

that town is haunted

Spiders aren't creepy. I looked at the spiders in Kakariko, and I've verified that they are not Black Widows or Brown Recluses, which means that they must be a good type of spider.

Let me ask this - have you encountered many other bugs in Kakariko? Probably not, because the spiders are eating them.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 23:04 on Nov 8, 2023

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

hubris.height posted:

or can i

Skylines 2 needs a few more months of patching at least, so you're good to wait on that. Starfield is always gonna be bad won't have the creation kit out until next year so wait for that too.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
thx for the advice gamers

i think i will hold off on yakuza for a bit but it does look fun, i saw someone streaming the rc car racing and it looks awesome. so2r is really impressive in ways i did not expect, and i think i'll just keep at it

and yeah skylines 2 is definitely suffering from paradox syndrome, i'll just keep playing 1 and wait for the improved version also

triple sulk posted:

demos are great and i'm glad to see they're kind of coming back into vogue after being gone for so long

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

isn't this just adhd? It's all the rage and as you're a goon there's a good chance you have it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

diving straight into gaiden as soon as I'm off work I got the itch

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its like riding a bicycle or reading a book. u just get used to it. its way more insane to me the dudes who play mmo’s for thousand hours. as the focus management is piss poor vs say DRG which i have like 1.3k hours in. any game where you can constantly hop between geometry while waiting=big hours

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

my curvy goomba

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah :same:. I'm a video game grazer. I like playing all kind of different ones and the ability to just alt-f4 the second I don't want to play anymore. This means no MMOs and only rarely playing MP games.

Why yes I do have ADHD how could you tell?

Even a Fortnite match feels kind of restrictive lol. I have less of an attention span than an actual 2023 10 year old.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

its like riding a bicycle or reading a book. u just get used to it. its way more insane to me the dudes who play mmo’s for thousand hours. as the focus management is piss poor vs say DRG which i have like 1.3k hours in. any game where you can constantly hop between geometry while waiting=big hours

every time i hit like hour 40 on an mmo i realize that im working a second job and quit it. esp the modern variety with daily quests and login rewards and all that bullshit

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Yeah :same:. I'm a video game grazer. I like playing all kind of different ones and the ability to just alt-f4 the second I don't want to play anymore. This means no MMOs and only rarely playing MP games.

Why yes I do have ADHD how could you tell?

Even a Fortnite match feels kind of restrictive lol. I have less of an attention span than an actual 2023 10 year old.

i didnt think of it like this but yeah im the total opposite. like xaris will be posting how hes beating all these different games and im just like wtf how can you care to play all this different poo poo. i will try some new game then be like meh and go back to mainstays lol

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Oh I'm not beating the vast majority of the games I play lol. The only time I can do that consistently is when they're on PS4, because I can't :filez: those and I can't alt-tab.

My process is that I'll try everything, and the hope is it'll hit just the right spot for me to stick with it. Most games will not do this, but I do circle back from time to time and there's been cases when on the next try, they actually do.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

skooma512 posted:

Oh I'm not beating the vast majority of the games I play lol. The only time I can do that consistently is when they're on PS4, because I can't :filez: those and I can't alt-tab.

My process is that I'll try everything, and the hope is it'll hit just the right spot for me to stick with it. Most games will not do this, but I do circle back from time to time and there's been cases when on the next try, they actually do.

#1 game is buying games on steam and never playing them

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

bedpan posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bedpan posted:

fundementally your hoping for the game you already play but better. rarely are molds broken. i tried out corekeeper and it was prettynice. modernized isometric minecraft ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I may not beat every game I buy, but I do at least play them for a bit.