Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Is it possible to use an alternate account to hack in the covenant items, and then drop them for a legitimate character? I just spent two hours farming Concords, and only got 4. I only need the various covenant items to 100% the game, and I'll go mad farming for 50 hours. I've not had a single auto summon in 52 hours of play.

Any generous hackers around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

Oh man, one of the hacked messages in Firelink uses the Bloodborne Roar (nyan~) gesture. I want that so bad!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

BurritoJustice posted:

Is it possible to use an alternate account to hack in the covenant items, and then drop them for a legitimate character? I just spent two hours farming Concords, and only got 4. I only need the various covenant items to 100% the game, and I'll go mad farming for 50 hours. I've not had a single auto summon in 52 hours of play.

You can't drop covenant items.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Why do some hosts insist on summoning three Sunbros to help with the boss? Sure we beat it but do they not know that it's health shoots up with every summon?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

BurritoJustice posted:

I wore the watchdog covenant item while farming all the 30 wolf grass I got one summon, which aborted with a connection error. Given how much worst getting concords is I think I might just accept never getting the miracle achievement.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

MZ posted:

Why do some hosts insist on summoning three Sunbros to help with the boss? Sure we beat it but do they not know that it's health shoots up with every summon?

Co-op is fun? :shrug:

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

BurritoJustice posted:

If you are on pc, try this https://steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/
Worked for me and got blue cops sorted in a couple of hours

MZ posted:

Some people really don't want the game to be hard, especially not bosses. Sadly a lot of them don't realise that summoning 2 or 3 phantoms makes some bosses a lot harder, than just summoning 1 for it. I hated it in the beginning, but know I kinda laugh when someone insist on waiting until he has 3 summons, only to be killed by one hit from the boss.

Atreiden fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 17, 2016

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
There's supposed to be a statue guy in irithill right? He's not there in my game

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Darth Windu posted:

There's supposed to be a statue guy in irithill right? He's not there in my game

if you mean the chameleoned assassin-pilgrim, he is only there if you have advanced the yoel/yuria and Anri plot, and he is only there the first time, if you reload the area him and Anri will have disappeared. I'm not sure if it's enough to just have advanced the Anri plot for him to be there.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Is the auto-invasion failing thing maybe a connection problem? Because every goddamn time I've dared go near Farron Keep (in the crucifixion woods in the area with the exiles even) I got invaded by wolf covenants who more or less instantly murdered me because I was busy fighting crabs and out of estus so I just figured I might as well get some parry training in.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

mortons stork posted:

Is the auto-invasion failing thing maybe a connection problem? Because every goddamn time I've dared go near Farron Keep (in the crucifixion woods in the area with the exiles even) I got invaded by wolf covenants who more or less instantly murdered me because I was busy fighting crabs and out of estus so I just figured I might as well get some parry training in.

I can only get Aldrich faithfull to really work on my old steam account, watchdogs sorta worked, but bluecops I got less than 5 summons in the course of two playthroughs. Made a new steam account and I only have to wait a couple of minutes between summons for bluecops.
Invading and getting summoned for co-op works the same on both accounts.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Golden Goat posted:

Co-op is fun? :shrug:

I hope the dlc has some bosses tuned for co-op. Most bosses in the base game just turn into the aggro guy running away while the other dude hits them in the butt. Then they switch. Orenstein and Smough were great, because you could pair off. Maybe have a boss where the summons had to do something else?

Also, they should bring back a monk-type boss from DeS.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

I hope the dlc has some bosses tuned for co-op. Most bosses in the base game just turn into the aggro guy running away while the other dude hits them in the butt. Then they switch. Orenstein and Smough were great, because you could pair off. Maybe have a boss where the summons had to do something else?

Also, they should bring back a monk-type boss from DeS.

Yeah, i cant think of any boss that needs summons other than dancer and nameless king. Dancer becomes more dangerous with a summon unless its a mage nuking her to death. Nameless king is easier solo i felt because he becomes more random with a partner. Of course he is also more easier with a mage nuking him.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone know the ports that DS3 uses for matchmaking? I couldn't even get invading or summoning to work last session, where it worked previously. I'm thinking of making sure the ports are forwarded and setting them up to be higher priority in QoS.

It's probably just because I'm on lovely Australian ADSL getting 4Mbits/.8mbits, honestly.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

If you've never done it before, pop your finger and summon 3 guys when you go through a level it's a lot of fun

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Iretep posted:

Yeah, i cant think of any boss that needs summons other than dancer and nameless king. Dancer becomes more dangerous with a summon unless its a mage nuking her to death. Nameless king is easier solo i felt because he becomes more random with a partner. Of course he is also more easier with a mage nuking him.

every boss needs summons if you feel they do. like that's great for you and all but your experience doesn't represent the entire playerbase. hell, some people might just like summoning dudes. also it's weird as hell to me to see people complain about getting summoned as a sunbro. dudes summoning the full allotment of phantomes should be great to you because you get a larger chance to get summoned in the first place

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So wait.

The Chaos Flame is out. The First Flame is almost out.

The entire point of the story of Dark Souls is that nothing lasts forever...

...and yet the Profaned Flame/Fire of Sin lasts forever, thus contravening the whole point.

Way to be edgy I guess.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What are some good dex or refined or even Luck weapons to play around with in pve or pvp?

For luck I only tried the anri's straight sword, hits like a truck but getting tired of the straight sword moveset.

For dex and str/dex I've tried Estoric, washing pole and crescent axe but I've gotten bored of the movesets and they felt a bit underwhelming for damage at +6.

What are some interesting movesets with decent damage I should try out for either luck and bleeds or str/dex?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Iretep posted:

While "need" is not the best word to use, I feel there are quite a few bosses that profit from having two people around. It's great to hit multiple weak spots on Greatwood, Aldrich is much easier if someone can lead the arrows in a circle while the other dude wails on him, same for the Princes and especially there because the hitter can directly reach Lothric. These fights don't even need a preset plan to work out that way, it comes naturally as long as both players don't do the fight for the very first time. For Dragonslayer Armor and indeed Dancer, generally bosses with huge AOE attacks that can be hard to read unless you are already in a rhythm of dodging and weaving, the other person most often will just get hit accidentally while trying to get in on that sweep two people spam R1 action and annihilated once the boss decides to switch aggro.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

So wait.

The Chaos Flame is out. The First Flame is almost out.

The entire point of the story of Dark Souls is that nothing lasts forever...

...and yet the Profaned Flame/Fire of Sin lasts forever, thus contravening the whole point.

Way to be edgy I guess.
nah, the profaned flame is gone- yhorm linked the fire as to put it out for good.
i guess yhorm linked the flame from his throne room or somewhere under there because the entire reason why the profaned capitol is like that is because the linking of the flame burnt everything to cinders including all the inhabitants (who are all melted onto the walls and poo poo)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fereydun posted:

nah, the profaned flame is gone- yhorm linked the fire as to put it out for good.
i guess yhorm linked the flame from his throne room or somewhere under there because the entire reason why the profaned capitol is like that is because the linking of the flame burnt everything to cinders including all the inhabitants (who are all melted onto the walls and poo poo)

It's not gone otherwise you wouldn't be able to call upon its power with the various weapons. Also I think its the big rear end fire that shoots fireballs at you before his boss room.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

argondamn posted:

If you've never done it before, pop your finger and summon 3 guys when you go through a level it's a lot of fun

I actually do this solo with way of the blue on. Though it works against you in wolf territory because you might end up overwhelmed by a wolf, a purple and a red all chasing you. The blue cops tend to only stay for 1 invader if no one else is around when the first invader dies.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Fereydun posted:

Where do you get this from? everything about the profaned flame says it's active and kicking. It corrupted the fire witches in Irithyl and Pontiff Sulyvahn and the jailers, who are survivors from the profaned capital who now serves Sulyvahn.

The profaned great sword and the immolation tinder both use the power of the profaned flame as their weapon arts.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The Profaned Capital is, of course, the "City of Sin".

By all rights the Profaned Flame should be an incredibly huge deal as this legit eternal flame, and... we get no explanation of what it is or where it came from, except that it was the result of "the relatives of a certain oracle".

Thus implying it's, well, The Old Chaos, as the only oracle anybody knows about is Alsanna. Except I thought the thing under Eleum Loyce was supposed to be the Chaos Flame.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It could be the old chaos but linked to something else/ augmented perhaps by Aldia. The Pontiff took one look at it and gave him Ambition or Want.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Profaned Coal also gives Hollow, Bleed, and Dark Infusions. Andre says there's Abyss in that Coal.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Kild posted:

The Profaned Coal also gives Hollow, Bleed, and Dark Infusions. Andre says there's Abyss in that Coal.
Yhorm: "this Abyss poo poo kinda looks like raw oil. I wonder if it burns?"
Everyone else: "no don..."
*fwoosh*

- years later -

Sully: "wow the Capital still burns? I could make mad cash with this poo poo..."

Andre: "so you need oil for blood? Coulda sworn it was the other way round..."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ima dip one sword in fire and one sword in the ooze!

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Yhorm's cinders state that he put the profaned fire to rest by becoming a lord of cinder.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cnidaria posted:

Yhorm's cinders state that he put the profaned fire to rest by becoming a lord of cinder.

"Lonely Yhorm became a Lord of Cinder to put the Profaned Flame to rest, knowing full well that those who spoke of him as lord were quite insincere."

It doesn't say he was successful and quite clearly he was very unsuccessful with the burning down of his whole kingdom and its inhabitants and the fact you can still call upon the profaned flame.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Cnidaria posted:

quote:

Lonely Yhorm became a Lord of Cinder to put the Profaned Flame to rest, knowing full well that those who spoke of him as lord were quite insincere.

I don't know, the result in the profaned capital and the other references to the profaned flame, makes it look like the plan was a failure.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The Profaned Flame being what happens when you mix Humanity and Souls is an interesting thought, especially as it becomes a third really bad thing. The Abyss is Humanity running Wild, Chaos is Souls running Wild, the Profaned Flame is both in equal measure but running Wild? Perhaps that's how the Old Chaos went out, they dumped a bunch of Abyss on it, after all the Abyss themed Ghrue are down there aren't they.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Yhorm even sucks at being "lonely" Yhorm because clearly, Siegward was his buddy!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Helped people clown Soul of Cinder in co-op last night with my sorcerer. I almost feel bad depriving them of an awesome fight by how much damage my spells carved off of him.

Sorcery - terrible in PVP, decent in PVE, king of co-op.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i assumed the profaned flame was gone because the entire profaned capitol isnt on fire but i guess not

way to go yhorm god drat you suck

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

MZ posted:

I don't really insist, but I am going to pull in my sunbro friends to help them get their medals/free ember. Why have fun by yourself when you can bring another?

Plus the ongoing fun of watching how players interact with each other with the limited set of gestures and actions. Despite the limited toolset, one can be surprisingly expressive.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Random musing:

Profaned flame is possibly related to the Abyss and humanity.

Souls burn in the kiln of the flame

You offer humanity to bonfires in Dark Souls 1 to reverse hollowing

There's a kiln in the Profaned Capital.

So is this what happens when you burn lots of humanity in a kiln/bonfire?

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

I forgot the gargoils weapons regarding the profaned flame

quote:

Stone torch spear wielded by gargoyles of the Profaned Capital.

The Profaned Flame, which never goes out, imbues this weapon with a fire attack.

WaltherFeng posted:

Random musing:

Profaned flame is possibly related to the Abyss and humanity.

Souls burn in the kiln of the flame

You offer humanity to bonfires in Dark Souls 1 to reverse hollowing

There's a kiln in the Profaned Capital.

So is this what happens when you burn lots of humanity in a kiln/bonfire?

It's a good question, as far as I know, there is nothing that talks about how to profaned flame was made, just that it corrupts people and is linked with the abyss, since a coal from it is used to imbue dark and Andre says he sees the abyss in it.

Atreiden fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 17, 2016

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Golden Goat posted:

Wow Jailers suck. Even sniping them from across the room their red light can still get you.

Snipe them out of the room! :black101:
https://zippy.gfycat.com/ZealousVariableIbadanmalimbe.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

God drat, it is a crime that you can't use the Lothric Knight buff without hacking.

This thing looks amazing.

Though I can't figure out what it actually DOES, mind.