Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the democrats are cringe, and fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

But deciding to focus on the rare instance that some right wing idiots didn't get everything they wanted, because the wrong elites were colluding this time, will do absolutely to forward the idea that elite control of media and content is bad. All it is going to do is reinforce the myth that the right wing is particularly censored by the media (when the left wing demonstrably is).

We're not going to see eye to eye, here. For one, I'm not "deciding to focus" on this. It's in the news and all over social media. It is in focus.

You can make hay or you can let the Democrats sweep it under the rug.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I guess I'll post something later, though I didn't actually intend my post in this thread as a "moderator criticism" (since it's only a probation and I generally think you're one of the better moderators we've had - the sexpig permaban is the only semi-recent-ish C-SPAM moderation thing that I think was seriously wrong). I was just commenting that there's usually a similar mindset involved with these things.

That's fair, and thanks for saying that. It's a probe that I wanted to explain, and I leaped at the opportunity that I thought you were presenting me, probably a little prematurely, so sorry about that.:)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

twitter is colluding with elites right now to forward these crafted and approved by corporate statements that are getting covered as "leaks"

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

We shamefur disprayed some folks

We Ronined some folks. They are now roaming the countryside in shame. Their daimyo is no more.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

We're not going to see eye to eye, here. For one, I'm not "deciding to focus" on this. It's in the news and all over social media. It is in focus.

How can Democrats sweep it under the rug if its all over news and social media? You make it seem like unless I say "twitter being mean to beri weiss is bad!" then somehow this story will disappear overnight.

Why are the corporate controlled media allowing this story to be so broadly spread if was as hostile to their interests as the right wing is pretending it is? Or do you really think that this level of collusion is somehow unique to twitter and that facebook/gannett/disney don't act the same way?

(Because it isn't. Its just one set of elites shoving a different set of elites under the bus, and the consequence of this will be further entrenching right wing myths of victimhood.)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
https://twitter.com/mnsnowta/status/1601464748154839040

hmmm

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

My point is that Democrats could play the politics here better by working to undermine the narrative that twitter was uniquely anti-conservative but they won't be cause doing so would require them to defend the left wing voices who also got deplatformed by twitter.

ok, I'm back to agreeing with you.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Mantis42 posted:

The Obama clan was preorder DLC for Shogun 2 iirc.

I only played as the Ikko Ikki because they sounded leftist as gently caress.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

General Bullshit posted:

We Ronined some folks. They are now roaming the countryside in shame. Their daimyo is no more.

Here we go a-Ronining among the leaves so green...

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

How can Democrats sweep it under the rug if its all over news and social media?

A story flashing bright then being disavowed and memory-holed: a thing that has never happened.

Trabisnikof posted:

Why are the corporate controlled media allowing this story to be so broadly spread if was as hostile to their interests as the right wing is pretending it is? Or do you really think that this level of collusion is somehow unique to twitter and that facebook/gannett/disney don't act the same way?

(Because it isn't. Its just one set of elites shoving a different set of elites under the bus, and the consequence of this will be further entrenching right wing myths of victimhood.)

Yes, that's exactly what it is. So what? Does that make it untrue?

Conservatives are, admittedly for their own selfish reasons, handing out evidence of government and political control of social media, a gift to leftists who try to make that known. Your response is what? I just say "thank you" and add it to my box of info.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/upholdreality/status/1601344360347410432

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

mcmagic posted:

You don't get to be a senator by being stupid.
syq

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Do Better
Dec 10, 2022

PhilippAchtel posted:

A story flashing bright then being disavowed and memory-holed: a thing that has never happened.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. So what? Does that make it untrue?

Conservatives are, admittedly for their own selfish reasons, handing out evidence of government and political control of social media, a gift to leftists who try to make that known. Your response is what? I just say "thank you" and add it to my box of info.

is the governmental control of social media in the room with us now

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Do Better posted:

is the governmental control of social media in the room with us now

speak not the mods,
draw not the mods,
write not the mods,
sculpt not the mods,
sing not the mods,
call not the mods' name

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol that anyone would care that maybe Finlans and Sweeden get into NATO. Its just a list of bullshit

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Majorian posted:

That's fair, and thanks for saying that. It's a probe that I wanted to explain, and I leaped at the opportunity that I thought you were presenting me, probably a little prematurely, so sorry about that.:)

resign bitch

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

tristeham posted:

resign bitch

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

he don't miss

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

tristeham posted:

resign bitch

I will, just as soon as the admins close the Brie thread and perma all the regulars.:)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

General Bullshit posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

General Bullshit posted:

Pure Land Buddhism is one of those things that sounds cooler than it is in practice, sadly.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

lobster shirt posted:

he did a lot of stuff in francophone africa in the 90s, i suspect we see the spelling "bout" in english is because that's how you would spell it in french

Ah, Thank you

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

love the Bernhammer 40k avatar

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lol

https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1601692772678762496

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PhilippAchtel posted:

posting in the succzone is going to have exactly 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000% influence over whether or not the dems are going to sweep it under the rug

it all comes down to “you and what army?” at the end of the day. the dems judo’d the protests in 2020 (as well as the bernie’s insurgent campaign); if you don’t have a byline at the nyt or an equivalent, there is literally nothing you can do to move the needle on this. this is going to be resolved by buying someone a fancy dinner.

the sky is blue, water is wet, and both the dems and gop are corrupt, self-dealing pieces of poo poo.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
meant to post this but whatever

https://twitter.com/ItWasACoup/status/1601638386590429184

also lol just saw their username after pasting the link

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh God that picture.:gonk:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Majorian posted:

Oh God that picture.:gonk:

turn on your monitor

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I’m a SERB.
Synema
Exclusionary
Radical
Bisexual

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Majorian posted:

I will, just as soon as the admins close the Brie thread and perma all the regulars.:)

Which Brie thread causes you more trouble?
Larsen, Joy-Gray, or cheese?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

turn on your monitor

NO! Now I see a hideous picture no matter if my monitor is on or off!:(

HootTheOwl posted:

Which Brie thread causes you more trouble?
Larsen, Joy-Gray, or cheese?

Joy-Gray, but I'm sure the Larsen one is pretty bad too.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

:lol:

Majorian posted:

Pure Land Buddhism is one of those things that sounds cooler than it is in practice, sadly.

Yeah I know very little about them except the part where they were peasant farmers.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

hunter's got a new exhibit; for a mere $55k to $250k you can own a bit of crackhead failson history.

lmao 50k for that

I like the leftmost one in the second picture, but at like "I would drop cash on that if I found it downtown during a showing" levels. some schmuck is going to spend as much for it as I will spend on purchasing vehicles in my lifetime lmao

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So how about all the censored left voices, muskie

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bawk posted:

lmao 50k for that

I like the leftmost one in the second picture, but at like "I would drop cash on that if I found it downtown during a showing" levels. some schmuck is going to spend as much for it as I will spend on purchasing vehicles in my lifetime lmao

It's called money laundering, op

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
His paintings actually aren't terrible but yeah that's just contemporary art world money laundering and tax shelter prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

silicone thrills posted:

His paintings actually aren't terrible but yeah that's just contemporary art world money laundering and tax shelter prices.

I'd bet money he didn't even make those. Everything is always more of a scam than you think.