Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Emailed ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

How do you like Eugene? All I know is it's a college town and Mike and Laura Allred live there.

It's a great place to live in general IF you can afford a house or can find a solid job. I'm lucky enough to where I've worked remote since July 2019 and am starting another job come August that's also fully remote. People for the most part are friendly and are aligned with progressive values, but that goes away when you start venturing outside the city into Springfield or the more chuddy areas where white supremacist/chuds live and cops feel free to beat the poo poo out of peaceful protesters. Still, great food, laid back people, fantastic weed, no complains. Also somehow I tend to beat the other collectors to things that show up to stores.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Tokka and Razhar are up on The NECA Store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just paid money for a Funko Pop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Was it shirtless Jeff Goldblum?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

I just paid money for a Funko Pop.

the first step to healing is posting that you have a problem.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Articulated Icons is having a sale on samurai and ninja figures. I've hadn't heard of this line before, but I picked up a Seijun (Samurai Outlaw) for $20, normally $52.

https://articulatedicons.com/collections/in-stock

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
it's fuckin Mosquitor, how often is this guy gonna get more merch?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s awesome. I was never into MotU, but I did like Mosquitor, the snake guys, and Modulok.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sold my huge MOTU collection 20nyears ago and have regretted it ever since.

I think 2021 is going to lead me into a deep dive back into Masters. Maybe 1 figure per week.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Making literally like 40% of the line be exclusives in it's first few waves is such a hasbro bullshit move. Exclusives should be like, obscure repaints, not essential characters like Baroness and Beachead. They really do go out of their way to make it as hard as possible to enjoy this hobby...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Fsmhunk posted:

Making literally like 40% of the line be exclusives in it's first few waves is such a hasbro bullshit move. Exclusives should be like, obscure repaints, not essential characters like Baroness and Beachead. They really do go out of their way to make it as hard as possible to enjoy this hobby...

See also; Doing all of their recent Black Series preorders through retailers like Target and Walmart which sell out in seconds instead of just having open preorders on Hasbro Pulse, the internal shop they purposely set up to avoid things like that.

Hasbro makes great toys but the people running everything else should be fired into the sun.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Grant DaNasty posted:

Articulated Icons is having a sale on samurai and ninja figures. I've hadn't heard of this line before, but I picked up a Seijun (Samurai Outlaw) for $20, normally $52.

Speaking of these, does anyone know if they plan to do anymore figures?

I had a Shinobi ninja and the Undead Samurai, and really liked them but did sell them off in a partial collection purge. I'd definitely be interested in more feudal Japan or other similar genre types if they made them.

But I haven't kept up as to whether or not they plan to do another line.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If Brinklink or whatever is showing Baroness “out of stock” for every Target in a 40 mile radius does that mean she’s actually gone (despite being pre-Street date) or she just hasn’t been added to the store inventories yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

If Brinklink or whatever is showing Baroness “out of stock” for every Target in a 40 mile radius does that mean she’s actually gone (despite being pre-Street date) or she just hasn’t been added to the store inventories yet?

The latter. The MOTUO stuff is "out of stock" city wide aside from one store which means the box hasn't been scanned in yet. Is likely the GIJ stuff hasnt even made it to physical stores.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Yeah, there isn't a single Baroness at any Targets within an hour of me, so I'm not leaving the house tomorrow for fruitless, frustrating hunting during a pandemic. A sure thing would be a completely different story. Thank goodness for Brickseek and Popfindr, to eliminate all those unnecessary toy hunts.

People on this G.I. Joe Classified Facebook group I'm in have been finding the other three new figures all week, but just as many are getting denied by Target staff who are strictly sticking to the 8/14 street date. So far, NOBODY has found Baroness (who will be at her own $39.99 price point due to the motorcycle), which makes me think she won't be anywhere before 8/14.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Two walmarts have scanned in their MotuO cases, guess im off to check at 7am!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Yeah, there isn't a single Baroness at any Targets within an hour of me, so I'm not leaving the house tomorrow for fruitless, frustrating hunting during a pandemic. A sure thing would be a completely different story. Thank goodness for Brickseek and Popfindr, to eliminate all those unnecessary toy hunts.

People on this G.I. Joe Classified Facebook group I'm in have been finding the other three new figures all week, but just as many are getting denied by Target staff who are strictly sticking to the 8/14 street date. So far, NOBODY has found Baroness (who will be at her own $39.99 price point due to the motorcycle), which makes me think she won't be anywhere before 8/14.

At least someone is getting something, Targets in NYC have stopped stocking Marvel Legends, let alone ever stocking GI Joe. :smith:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Louisgod posted:

Sweet thanks! Yeah it's mostly the Portland area, here in Eugene things are relatively smooth thanks to masks being mandatory. Still, many more cases per 100,000 people means my kids likely will be at home for school for a while come September, which is what I want.

I'll keep an eye out for these figures if I see quantities pop up. Also, if anybody runs into a full Strong Guy wave, I'll happily reimburse you for them.

The Strong Guy wave has been on sale on gamestop’s website for a while, cheaper than anywhere else.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

My target had 2 Beachheads sitting on the counter. They both looked like they for run over by a car.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Chill Penguin posted:

The Strong Guy wave has been on sale on gamestop’s website for a while, cheaper than anywhere else.

Well drat, thanks! I have the set pre-ordered on Dorkside but am moving it over to save some money.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

DrChud posted:

My target had 2 Beachheads sitting on the counter. They both looked like they for run over by a car.

If they were complete, I don't give a poo poo, I'd take one of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I went to one WM looking for MOTU, an employee said they hadn't even started on the new mod yet so I just went home.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I went to my nearby Walmart today and their action figure aisle was pitiful as usual. Lots of bare pegs, a few random Marvel legends. I'm not holding my breath to see any MOTU figures any time soon.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

DrChud posted:

Brickseek said pretty much no Target in my huge metro area had any Joes in stock and no way I'm braving the diseased masses in our proudly dumb state to try to see if the inventory tracking is off. For reference, that lady who recently made national headlines by melting down and knocking over all of the mask displays while live-streaming it was at a Target 15 min from me :ughh:

Grant DaNasty posted:

I went to my nearby Walmart today and their action figure aisle was pitiful as usual. Lots of bare pegs, a few random Marvel legends. I'm not holding my breath to see any MOTU figures any time soon.

Same.

For all of their faults, I really miss TRU since they almost always had a decent selection. :rip:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My target has the space/tag set up for the Baroness figure, but nothing on the shelf yet. I did see one of those mcfarlane Batman Who Laughs figures I’ve wanted for a bit, so that was cool

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My target has the space/tag set up for the Baroness figure, but nothing on the shelf yet. I did see one of those mcfarlane Batman Who Laughs figures I’ve wanted for a bit, so that was cool

Same request applies from me...

1x Baroness
1x Roadblock
1x Beachhead
2x Trooper

Will totally pay shipping and extra for fees and whatnot, they literally will not be stocked here in NYC at all, so unless they go up online I'll never see them. :smith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Grant DaNasty posted:

https://articulatedicons.com/collections/in-stock

Picked up this one as well and grabbed the other samurai even though I’m not crazy about the silver paint job. Might give it a wash or something when it arrives. I forgot these were the line of figures The Fwoosh did and reviews seem to be pretty solid. Does anyone know if the heads are swappable with Black Series/ML? The one included is a bit generic.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ditto, if any of you peeps finds a spare Baroness I will absolutely take it off your hands. Likewise I’m happy to hook up those in need if I find anything.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It's sounding more and more like Baroness won't be available anywhere until the 14th. Y'all know how much I want one, but if I find any extras locally, I'll do what I can. I'm not going to be making any Target runs until then, and that depends on what Brickseek and Popfindr say. (Right now, they show nobody has anything.)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It sucks that Baroness is one of the few Joe characters I'd like to have (with Destro and Cobra Commander... and a couple troopers), but she has to come with some stupid bike and jack up her price.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It sucks that Baroness is one of the few Joe characters I'd like to have (with Destro and Cobra Commander... and a couple troopers), but she has to come with some stupid bike and jack up her price.

I have zero doubt Hasbro will rerelease her without the bike, for the typical $20. It's just a question of WHEN, and what kind of redeco they will use. Best case scenario, she'll still be in black but with gold shoulder pads and purple highlights in her hair, like in the concept art we've seen for a while. Worst case scenario, the entire black outfit will be blue, red, or some weird colors added to the black. Everyone wants this one because it's so close to the classic design. I'm so cheap I have considered waiting, but would hate to see a worse version be made available later.

Have you preordered a Cobra Commander on HasbroPulse yet? I prefer the "Regal" version in light blue with gold details, so I preordered him already.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have the regal one on preorder, but I really like the way that supreme deluxe one looks like so I’ll probably end up switching to him.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I have zero doubt Hasbro will rerelease her without the bike, for the typical $20. It's just a question of WHEN, and what kind of redeco they will use. Best case scenario, she'll still be in black but with gold shoulder pads and purple highlights in her hair, like in the concept art we've seen for a while. Worst case scenario, the entire black outfit will be blue, red, or some weird colors added to the black. Everyone wants this one because it's so close to the classic design. I'm so cheap I have considered waiting, but would hate to see a worse version be made available later.

Have you preordered a Cobra Commander on HasbroPulse yet? I prefer the "Regal" version in light blue with gold details, so I preordered him already.

I get the feeling they'll do her red outfit for the single card.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I get the feeling they'll do her red outfit for the single card.

That should have been the drat Target exclusive -- red costume, red bike, red branding for the store! And make the black one more widely available for everyone.

I used to have the Chameleon figure -- literally a repaint of the original 1984 Baroness in black and red, which I could take better than all-red.
https://www.yojoe.com/action/00/chameleon.shtml

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That should have been the drat Target exclusive -- red costume, red bike, red branding for the store! And make the black one more widely available for everyone.

Agreed. And having Beachhead be an exclusive is also a kick in the nuts since he was one of the core Joes from halfway through the show onward. Like, throw Jinx or Tunnel Rat or something out there as the Target one, not the greatest Beachhead figure ever.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Agreed. And having Beachhead be an exclusive is also a kick in the nuts since he was one of the core Joes from halfway through the show onward. Like, throw Jinx or Tunnel Rat or something out there as the Target one, not the greatest Beachhead figure ever.

I think Tunnel Rat and Jinx are both pretty important characters, between the comics (Tunnel Rat was inspired by Larry Hama himself) and the later G.I. Joe: Renegades cartoon.

Hell, make the exclusive Grand Slam. He was identical to Flash, and was never featured in the comic or the cartoons. (Not that I think Hasbro will make any of the original green-suit Joes.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The stores usually have paid or made some kind of other deal to get desirable exclusives.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Aphrodite posted:

The stores usually have paid or made some kind of other deal to get desirable exclusives.

Yeah that is how most of these lines survive anymore is retailers pay for exclusives. For example the new Thing mold was done because Walgreens paid for it. Otherwise it likely wouldn't have been able to be costed out.

I am not crazy about retailer exclusives myself since they almost always are impossible to get, but they keep the lines going right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I imagine it's really hard to sell a decent range of figures when there's effectively only two nationwide retailers remaining(plus amazon) and they seem to cut back on the number of releases they buy every year no matter how well things are going. I hate exclusives but I get why the deals are made. I just wish it wasn't all so amerocentric, there's customers who live outside of US y'know.