Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DLC Inc posted:

lol the people in the aewbotches thread @ing Tony Khan and Cody as if they are responsible for the totally real doxxing but also this guy doing everything he can to protect the heroic gimmick twitter account

https://twitter.com/DonTonyD/status/1431329322875461635?s=20

https://twitter.com/cmatt666/status/1431331548255686660?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Just found out that I was blocked by AEWBotches, I got a feeling he searched his name and found one time that I called him genuinely deranged.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1431444997102919681?s=20

always mad lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1431446624077852678

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

More action packed? Third hour? What

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

war provides the human mind with free drugs. many people seek it out where ever they can

Dang

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

btw, just tossing this out here, but VoW's positions on Bad Bunny are

- It was a good idea to bring him in to try and reach people.
- His match at Mania was very good.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Kind of a fair take though didn't know where to post it.

https://twitter.com/BlackWrestlingA/status/1431445702778015748?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nyla was the second women's champion and people bitch endlessly whenever she's anywhere near the title picture.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The company picked Scorpio Sky.

It didn't go well.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jonny Nox posted:

The company picked Scorpio Sky.

It didn't go well.

He tied for man of the year, and is on track to be a tag champ again soon

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He tied for man of the year, and is on track to be a tag champ again soon

MotY aren't getting their hands on the tag belts dude, like what

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DOn't worry CM Punks, Cody will fix this.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Anyways, the answer the guy is looking for is Powerhouse Hobbs, but he needs to wait awhile because there is a long loving lineup of very worthy TNT title holders in front of him.

(I would totaly buy into Hobbs beating Miro though)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MastodonMetal/status/1431463744417247232

Really fascinated by the people who think the Rampages to date have been "WWE Main Event."

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I feel like this and the conversation about the women's division keeps coming up on twitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IDK, AEW is fairly diverse but like all wrestling shows, its not really representative of all walks and kinds of life. I wanna see trans afghan fist fight moroccan plumbers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

Kind of a fair take though didn't know where to post it.

https://twitter.com/BlackWrestlingA/status/1431445702778015748?s=20

Nyla Rose was a champion and is a mainstay on TV, Red Velvet and Jade Cargill get pushed on TV (Jade in particular is clearly somebody they view as a future megastar and why wouldn't you), Scorpio Sky gets pushed on TV and got a pretty significant repackage despite being kind of a dud, frankly. Lee Johnson just got the show-ending angle two days ago. Dante Martin is treated as a huge prospect and got a feature match with the champion that made him look like a star. The Acclaimed were TV regulars before Max had a Gamer Moment.

Jungle Boy, Darby Allin and MJF all had years of experience before they went into AEW. Most of the black wrestlers who had tons of experience and were TV ready have been languishing in WWE for the past three years. AEW has identified prospects and is building them and is doing a drat good job of it. This is just a wack-rear end bad faith complaint that ignores reality. As a black wrestling fan that wants to see more black wrestlers getting pushed on TV, it kinda pisses me off when people just loving ignore a bunch of them! Like the people that tried so hard to stand up for Kofi, they bent themselves into pretending the Rock isn't black.

But also, more Hobbs on TV.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i imagine a bunch of stuff was planned for lio rush before he re-retired as well

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I kind of get it, if you zoom in close on everyone actively involved in the men's title picture it's pretty white. But if you're literally only focusing on that and raging on Twitter about it and ignoring poo poo like the women's division and tag teams and the men's midcard you're mostly telling on yourself.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nah i'll never get upset at someone genuinely wishing for more representation for their race and i don't think that twitter person is being disingenuous at all, just venting

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flatluigi posted:

nah i'll never get upset at someone genuinely wishing for more representation for their race and i don't think that twitter person is being disingenuous at all, just venting

I get that, but like.

https://twitter.com/BlackWrestlingA/status/1431446481781903365
https://twitter.com/BlackWrestlingA/status/1431448377754071046

He's complaining about a guy who is on TV like every week and has a championship. And he's complaining that AEW isn't pushing guys that are literally in other companies.

What?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I'm not mad at it. And I agree I wanna see more Will Hobbes on TV.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Where was Shane Strickland when you were signing people, AEW???

*holds hand to ear, as if trying to hear someone speaking to me off stage*

Already signed to NXT? That's no excuse!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I agree with that guy, Powerhouse Hobbs should be world champion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also Cody hyped up Bey to an Impact payday and very definitely is on AEW's radar when he comes available.

Swerve I think took an NXT deal because of he wants to be a Superstar.

And I'm not familiar with Casanova at all I think? I know I watched a few shows he was on.

realtalk I hope Trish Adora gets picked up by AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm not saying Hobbs shouldn't be world champion, he should be. Tweets just has a real narrow view.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Look, we're all saying Hobbs should cash in the Taz In The Bank contract at All Out, stack Christian and Omega up and pin them both, nobody isn't saying that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yo, is this person saying the FTW championship doesn't own? Now that's a bad opinion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

plus i bet that tweet never watched any Nigerian wrestling. Strong Bone the fuckin man.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Look, we're all saying Hobbs should cash in the Taz In The Bank contract at All Out, stack Christian and Omega up and pin them both, nobody isn't saying that.

Opportunistic Jones

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Hobbs should absolutely be in line for a title at some point. Man has charisma. Some of the best heel work in the company. He's got the little body language and facial expression stuff that's hard as hell to get down perfect, i love the sneer he does.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
To be fair, they do have one genuine African wrestler. It just happens to be Angelico.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

quite a ":grin:" tidbit, all things considered.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting more representation. Those tweets are a world away from Tights and Fights saying Brandon Cutler's cold spray is depleting the ozone layer or something.

Hobbs and Starks would be the two most obvious choices to take the next step.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Starks is 100% being set up for a big push in the future. The company is obviously pretty high on him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ricky Starks has future world champ written all over him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

Where was Shane Strickland when you were signing people, AEW???

*holds hand to ear, as if trying to hear someone speaking to me off stage*

Already signed to NXT? That's no excuse!

Strickland signed for NXT after AEW had opened, but before they ran their first show.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I think I’d take more of those tweets seriously if they didn’t go out of their way to pretend other minorities didn’t exist. Wanting more representation and following up with “why is aew so white?!” completely ignores the heavy Latin influence in the company. More black representation would be great and should be something they work on, but acting like the rest of us don’t exist or matter sucks rear end. :miedo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Why was Starks kicking around in NWA anyway?

Dude's got everything, I'm surprised he wasn't locked in somewhere else before AEW came calling.