Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

America is going to be the saddest little empire in history. If lasted what 70 years? Only like 30 of which were unchecked by the USSR. That's loving pathetic compared to other empires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

triple sulk posted:

remember when brian williams watched his own daughter acting out getting hosed in the rear end

tell me there is a reaction video of this somewhere

cams
Mar 28, 2003

prefect posted:

Why are you cancelling? They've been doing a ton of great work lately.
people here are dumb as poo poo

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

hiring people to cancel your sub when they could add a single button on the account page. sad

I tried a web based remote desktop service to fix my mom's computer just because I'm lazy. I had to fucken call them to cancel my subscription. A service that lets me control computers remotely made me call them to cancel my subscription. God drat that pisssed me off.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
also, 777

VEGAS BABY

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's the lucky 7's page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz76342wQTg

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

cams posted:

not as dumb as the media apparently lol

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

triple sulk posted:

remember when brian williams watched his own daughter acting out getting hosed in the rear end

iirc she was actually pretending to get her rear end eaten, with some kind of hidden motorized gizmo making her butt cheeks vibrate

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Tainen posted:

The gay roommate character is pretty great too.

Yeah but that's like a 3 inch putt being shot by a Arnold Palmer of funny gay actor guys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

America is going to be the saddest little empire in history. If lasted what 70 years? Only like 30 of which were unchecked by the USSR. That's loving pathetic compared to other empires.

I'd start counting from Mexican war so we are going on 170

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He is and I'll go one further and say Kylo Ren is a good character inversion of Anakin's good guy who struggled with being a baddie.

i know kylo ren was a good character because I loving hate him so goddamn much. anakin was meh.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm finally with an agent!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tacodaemon posted:

iirc she was actually pretending to get her rear end eaten, with some kind of hidden motorized gizmo making her butt cheeks vibrate

:yossame:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

i'm finally with an agent!!

a border patrol agent that is. i'm being deported 2 mexico

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

cams posted:

:toot:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

and apparently every journalist covering the event.

I was including them in "half the country", because lol they're dumb

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my favorite subplot of the administration atm is that from everything we see published or quoted, it looks the generals three have decided that they arent going to try to win the factional battle for control of trumps mush brain and will instead just run their own lil boutique govt shop w its own foreign policy and military engagement planning and so on, until and unless trump tells them unambiguously to stop

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

One bad day, and you're going to give up on them?

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
why did the NYT cover a high school party?? did they have nothing better to do in the lead up to the iraq war??? (the answer is no, they were too busy shilling for karl rove/dick cheney/neocons in general)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i see the dow keeps reaching higher and higher. i thought trumps buffoonery would have a negative effect...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

not as dumb as the media apparently lol
mhmm they should be writing about how 69% of americans are loving idiots for falling for this poo poo, how could they be so stupid to latch on to this banal plea for support rather than focusing on the substantive policy issues

did people in here buy into the narrative of the liberal media?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol what a loving garbage org

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

prefect posted:

Why are you cancelling? They've been doing a ton of great work lately.

theyre poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/836996357013585922

The economy is going to completely loving implode in 4-5 years.

Fascism bubble

Nice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

prefect posted:

it's loving inexcusable to not see the navy seal thing as utterly disgusting. the speech was disgusting.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

euphronius posted:

monroe doctrine was 1820s so we're looking at just about 200 years of imperialism and counting

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Corny posted:

why did the NYT cover a high school party?? did they have nothing better to do in the lead up to the iraq war??? (the answer is no, they were too busy shilling for karl rove/dick cheney/neocons in general)

The Times has society pages, where they're all about rich people. It's horrible, but they probably get a lot of support from rich assholes as a result.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

euphronius posted:

That's still not great. And no one even noticed the US existed until WWII. OK some of that was euros being assholes, but it's not an empire if no one acknowledges it.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

prefect posted:

you act like this is the first bad thing they've published recently

lol cheerleading an absolutely horrifying speech as "wait, the fascism is scripted now? so presidential!!" is just a bad day

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Sunday times marriage announcements own

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

The Sunday times marriage announcements own

I do not read them, because I would have a rage-induced stroke.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Relin posted:

i see the dow keeps reaching higher and higher. i thought trumps buffoonery would have a negative effect...

Just setting it up for an even larger smoldering crater than Bush II left.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/836996357013585922

The economy is going to completely loving implode in 4-5 years.

This would be 12-13 years of economic expansion since the Great Recession. The longest period of growth is 10 years during the 90s.

The stock market is delusional. Trump's tax cuts, federal hiring freeze, tariffs, etc are going to throw us into recession in a year or two.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That's still not great. And no one even noticed the US existed until WWII. OK some of that was euros being assholes, but it's not an empire if no one acknowledges it.

Native Americans noticed it

It's been an empire since the beginning really

Louisiana purchase was 1803

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

prefect posted:

The Times has society pages, where they're all about rich people. It's horrible, but they probably get a lot of support from rich assholes as a result.

yeah also it doubled as one of those "ideas for entertaining" articles the nyt has every week where they'll tell you how to, like, have a funky 50s beatnik themed clambake for 100 guests at your beach house in the hamptons without hiring more than one caterer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

OhFunny posted:

This would be 12-13 years of economic expansion since the Great Recession. The longest period of growth is 10 years during the 90s.

The stock market is delusional. Trump's tax cuts, federal hiring freeze, tariffs, etc are going to throw us into recession in a year or two.

I actually don't think it will majorly recess until after the 2020 election lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

One of my favorite nyt culture articles was about taking a weekend and slumming it in centre city Philadelphia

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

prefect posted:

Might as well. let's be honest there's a prrty big disconnect between the pundits and the actual people, so if their subscriptions tank everytime the editors let some high society fuckass run his mouth leads to them getting fired it's a plus for america.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/03/01/517785902/just-how-much-pee-is-in-that-pool

Lucky triple sevens

• Locked thread