Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Dano was an all timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Do it ironically posted:

I loving love Nicole if I ever get the chance I’m absolutely going to see her standup

She's got a half hour on Netflix

I was kind of disappointed by it, but different strokes and all that...

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This weeks HDTGP is a really excellent discussion where Joey Clift calls out Wiger and Campbell that it’s pretty hosed up to book a native guest to discuss Custer’s Revenge on their Thanksgiving week episode .

That part starts about 22 mins in if you don’t want to listen to the whole thing. Fair credit should go to Wiger and Campbell for releasing it unedited when it doesn’t portray them in the best light.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 25, 2019

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I still don't understand why he didn't just turn them down and why Wiger chose Custer's revenge and not beat em and eat em, the superior Atari sex game

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Dacap posted:

This weeks HDTGP is a really excellent discussion where Joey Clift calls out Wiger and Campbell that it’s pretty hosed up to book a native guest to discuss Custer’s Revenge on their Thanksgiving week episode .

That part starts about 22 mins in if you don’t want to listen to the whole thing. Fair credit should go to Wiger and Campbell for releasing it unedited when it doesn’t portray them in the best light.

wow that was intense

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

When they announced that as the subject of the next episode it sounded like a bad idea and wow I hadn't even thought of that aspect.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I guess props for releasing it and not trying to memory hole it but holy poo poo why even do ANY of those elements

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

yea I guess props for releasing it and not trying to memory hole it but holy poo poo why even do ANY of those elements

There were 100 different ways to avoid this happening and everyone involved failed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
well wiger knew he would get a ton of heat for it and he's a well documented heat seeker so he couldnt help himself

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
It’s okay to feel uncomfortable sometimes. I thought it was a very reasonable discussion. Good on Joey for having the guts to call them out like that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nemo posted:

It’s okay to feel uncomfortable sometimes. I thought it was a very reasonable discussion. Good on Joey for having the guts to call them out like that.

I mean yea but normally that's more for situations like 'oh poo poo it's not good to say 'gypped'? Sorry man, thanks for saying that', it is a little weird to just invite this amount of discomfort in a super obvious bad idea!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Sure, but it also sucks for the person who this happens to all the time to be expected to address it in private to minimize the number of other uncomfortable people involved. At least this way it can be an object lesson for others to hopefully avoid this kind of thing in the future.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

When they announced that as the subject of the next episode it sounded like a bad idea and wow I hadn't even thought of that aspect.

I was just unsure how they'd be able to do an hour+ discussing a game with roughly 30 seconds of gameplay but i guess they found an angle lol

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Nemo posted:

Sure, but it also sucks for the person who this happens to all the time to be expected to address it in private to minimize the number of other uncomfortable people involved. At least this way it can be an object lesson for others to hopefully avoid this kind of thing in the future.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

little munchkin posted:

I was just unsure how they'd be able to do an hour+ discussing a game with roughly 30 seconds of gameplay but i guess they found an angle lol

Yeah that's the most confusing thing about it to me. What even is there to talk about?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Magissima posted:

Yeah that's the most confusing thing about it to me. What even is there to talk about?

Racism

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
SF Sketchfest tickets went on sale

https://sfsketchfest2020.sched.com/...utm_name=iossmf

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wiger should have him back on to do the episode he should have done in the first place, on beat em and eat em

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/joeytainment/status/1198999765872021504?s=21

looks like they even gave him final edit control over the episode, which i guess is about all you can do to apologize

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea seems Joey is satisfied with how they responded so can't really ask for more, they did a dumb thing, apologized sincerely and want to do better, at least it serves as a good lesson for how to actually handle that stuff and all.

Ezis
Oct 10, 2001

I can't wait until somebody makes a drop using that ep and Mitch plays it without screening

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Ezis posted:

I can't wait until somebody makes a drop using that ep and Mitch plays it without screening

This will definitely happen

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ezis posted:

It's gonna be really good

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m trying to imagine Wiger’s face when they were called out and I think it probably wasn’t as shocked and concerned as in the Bug Mane video where they get the wrong burgers at a restaurant.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i still cannot fathom how no one realized the optics while booking THAT guest for THAT episode

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Mitch is completely insane wrt Star Wars. Literally complaining a pop up book isn’t canon anymore.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Mitch is completely insane wrt Star Wars. Literally complaining a pop up book isn’t canon anymore.

I'm dreading mitch complaining about the new star wars. I kinda hope he just doesnt see it because I'm sick of the same arguments.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
What’s up with Yusong? Did he leave the podcast?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He got a better job as an assistant to She Hulk.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
He fell into an industrial vat of green tea ice cream and was creamed to death. rest in peace little guy.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
A great loss for the podcast but a great win for never ever having to eat green tea ice cream again. Also I know you meant showrunner’s assistant but I prefer the visual that he’s She Hulk’s actual assistant.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

i keep saying that mitch should not be allowed to hang out with jack allison, he is a bad influence on poor poor mitch

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Live At Five! posted:

I'm dreading mitch complaining about the new star wars. I kinda hope he just doesnt see it because I'm sick of the same arguments.

Uhhhhh, it's bad!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

bartlebee posted:

What’s up with Yusong? Did he leave the podcast?

https://twitter.com/YusongL/status/1195388827944116224

He talked more about it on his podcast Maybe Don't. I think it was the December 2nd episode. The She Hulk gig is only until April so he might come back then. He said the last time he was on the show he felt awkward and didn't know when to talk/contribute to the show.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Popete posted:

Uhhhhh, it's bad!

His criticism is either its gud or it's bad. John Hodgman giving him poo poo for not articulating why he loves pizzeria regina so much was v enjoyable.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Pupcurn

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Pupcurn and hut dogs washed down with a raspberry lime rickey

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Never has there been a fat comedian more hung up on toilet humor. Poor guy can't even use a public restroom or let his friends remain in a post-dump apartment. Yeah, this is kinda funny for the podcast, but he seriously needs therapy on this Freudian poo poo

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

cams posted:

i keep saying that mitch should not be allowed to hang out with jack allison, he is a bad influence on poor poor mitch

It’s not like it him hating the movies is the issue, it’s that they genuinely seem to drive him insane. Like, what was he even talking about when he got so anxious that they’d bring earth into it? Where did he even get that idea? He got so mad he had to walk away from the mic and it’s all inside his huge head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

It’s not like it him hating the movies is the issue, it’s that they genuinely seem to drive him insane. Like, what was he even talking about when he got so anxious that they’d bring earth into it? Where did he even get that idea? He got so mad he had to walk away from the mic and it’s all inside his huge head.

When did that come up? I've forgotten and it sounds amazing.