Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
1 PPR,

Would you drop Braxton Miller or Kenny Stills for Mike Wallace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Santheb posted:

Does it correct that before the season starts, or do I need to do something like enter the reverse of the draft order on the menu where it tells you to enter the draft order?

ESPN league for what its worth.

Not sure what happened, but it's not gonna change from what's currently listed. Just go in there and manually correct the waiver order. Luckily that's not too hard of a fix.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Every year we've done an offline we've had to re enter the waivers manually. Well, that is every year before we switched to FAAB and people stopped caring as much.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

LmaoTheKid posted:

1 PPR,

Would you drop Braxton Miller or Kenny Stills for Mike Wallace

Braxton Miller in a heartbeat

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Papes posted:

Braxton Miller in a heartbeat

Seconded

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

I didn't see a start/sit thread so I'll just ask here:

Looks like Charles will be out Sunday, so should I start Frank Gore or Spencer Ware? 1 PPR.

I was looking for the sit/start thread as well.

Trying to decide between Ware, Woodhead, and Duke Johnson. Full PPR.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
sit/start question..standard scoring

Hurns vs GB
Ware vs SD

I'm leaning more towards Ware

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Just went WR-WR in a standard scoring 8 team league. I am the dumbest, and the worst.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

Just went WR-WR in a standard scoring 8 team league. I am the dumbest, and the worst.

Agreed

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DEAR RICHARD posted:

sit/start question..standard scoring

Hurns vs GB
Ware vs SD

I'm leaning more towards Ware

PyroDwarf posted:

I was looking for the sit/start thread as well.

Trying to decide between Ware, Woodhead, and Duke Johnson. Full PPR.

Both Ware provided Charles sits out

also someone should make the week 1 sit/start thread.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Someone just dropped Rashad Jennings. Worth using my #2 waiver wire status to pick him up on Thursday? Current RBs are Lacy, Charles, Terrance West, James White.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

I went first in an 8 man and did that too. I took Brown and Hopkins #1 and #16. I don't feel horrible about it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Someone just dropped Rashad Jennings. Worth using my #2 waiver wire status to pick him up on Thursday? Current RBs are Lacy, Charles, Terrance West, James White.

Grab him, you might even have to slot him in as your RB2 for the week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Absolutely worth it

ubiquitous rex
Oct 28, 2003

Mullet power!
Is Teddy Bridgewater droppable in a dynasty league? No salary cap or anything like that in this league. I have Big Ben and Andy Dalton also at QB.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

got 1st pick in a $50 yahoo pro league drafting in 10 mins, looks like I'll have AB in one league this year :getin: first time ever gonna have him on my roster actually

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ubiquitous rex posted:

Is Teddy Bridgewater droppable in a dynasty league? No salary cap or anything like that in this league. I have Big Ben and Andy Dalton also at QB.

How many teams? Who would you be dropping him for? Regardless, yes he probably is droppable, but you also might be able to get a 3rd or a RB or WR flier for him. Worth asking any QB needy or rebuilding teams.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Sure why not.

And Gillislee is my #1 pickup because I accidentally nominated Sean Smith after filling my DB slots so I have a free roster spot, basically.

Where do you publish? Curious.

Also one guy kept telling me he read my stuff and there was a WR left he wanted when were at the endgame. I kept getting nervous to throw out Tajae because he was big stack and I didn't want to be sniped. His player was SSS. Bullet: dodged.

Sportsfascination.com .
I'm not a good analyst, really, but they keep me around because I auction exclusively, and the dearth of quality/up-to-date auction advice on the Internet means I have a devoted audience for a twice weekly column. Also I have 10 weekly columns on 9 differently themed sites, so the crossover promotion has a high floor.

We, and the other writers in this thread, should talk shop sometime. I like all your styles

Yeah, Tajae went for freaking $11/$200 in my friends and family league today. The secret is out

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 6, 2016

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
My last league drafts tonight and it is full PPR and I just noticed that instead of the standard 1 point/25 yards passing, it is 1 point/20 yards passing. Does this give much of a boost to QB's such that I should be looking to nab one a round or two earlier?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

G to the D, yes. Weird that someone dropped him right AFTER Andre Williams was cut, the surest sign yet that the Giants will feature Rashad

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

Grab him, you might even have to slot him in as your RB2 for the week.

RVProfootballer posted:

Absolutely worth it

Drunk Nerds posted:

G to the D, yes. Weird that someone dropped him right AFTER Andre Williams was cut, the surest sign yet that the Giants will feature Rashad

Thanks everyone. I figured the same, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything. With the news of Forsett resigning, I'm dropping West for Jennings (assuming it goes through.)

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Varg posted:

got 1st pick in a $50 yahoo pro league drafting in 10 mins, looks like I'll have AB in one league this year :getin: first time ever gonna have him on my roster actually

I've had him the past three years. Welcome to the club and be prepared to fall in love.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AWWWWWW poo poo GUYS THERE'S A HOT AND SEXY START/SIT THREAD I JUST MADE HERE https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789158

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MrSargent posted:

My last league drafts tonight and it is full PPR and I just noticed that instead of the standard 1 point/25 yards passing, it is 1 point/20 yards passing. Does this give much of a boost to QB's such that I should be looking to nab one a round or two earlier?

Quoting because my draft is in 30 minutes. Halp.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Oh poo poo balls, I didn't realize Frank Reich was the offensive coordinator in San Diego last year with Danny Woodhead. Sproles is gonna FEAST! (He's OC in Philly)

Drop Stefon Diggs for him? I mean, maybe I could drop DeAndre Levy, but there's literally no one else I can drop with this team:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MrSargent posted:

Quoting because my draft is in 30 minutes. Halp.

Just spitballing here, but for a 4,000 yard qb that is a difference of 40 points. While that bumps them up a bit in relation to other positions, it doesn't do too much in terms of relation to each other (a 4,000 qb scores 10 more points than a 3,000 yard qb). So I would say: DON'T bump up QBs in your rankings, since they're all relative, but DO pay slightly more attention to when QBs start to dry up, as the league might react by taking QBs sooner, in which case you'd have to make sure to grab one a bit earlier to ensure you get one that you find acceptable.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Oh poo poo balls, I didn't realize Frank Reich was the offensive coordinator in San Diego last year with Danny Woodhead. Sproles is gonna FEAST! (He's OC in Philly)

Drop Stefon Diggs for him? I mean, maybe I could drop DeAndre Levy, but there's literally no one else I can drop with this team:

For your SPECIFIC roster I'd say definitely no. You don't need an RB lottery ticket, you've got RB depth in spades, and what you could use is a third WR lottery ticket.

Honestly with a 9 man bench it's easy to drive yourself crazy weighing options.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 6, 2016

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Thank you sir, that was very helpful.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Drunk Nerds posted:

For your SPECIFIC roster I'd say definitely no. You don't need an RB lottery ticket, you've got RB depth in spades, and what you could use is a third WR lottery ticket.

Devin Funchess
Steve Smith
Rishard Matthews
Tajae Sharpe
Mike Wallace
Sammie Coates
Kenny Stills

Are out there on the waiver wire.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Devin Funchess
Steve Smith
Rishard Matthews
Tajae Sharpe
Mike Wallace
Sammie Coates
Kenny Stills

I mean, I personally like Sharpe a lot, and Stills better than Diggs. But, like I said, you're figuring out WR6's or whatever. Just choose the one you like best, and don't worry bout picking up Sproles (who has not really amounted to his potential in the past ~8 years)

Edit: aNd, hey, While your RB bench is really good, your RB starters might crap out. So, hey if you like sproles that much, grab him. I don't, but man if you're picking an RB6/WR6 who cares about numbers and opinions, just grab the guy who will make you happiest.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Who has a better chance of not sucking: Fuller or Sharpe?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who has a better chance of not sucking: Fuller or Sharpe?

A hard question, since it feels like both their floors are pretty low. I gotta take the guy who might be the WR1 over the guy who will never, ever be the WR1, so its clearly sharpe for me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

A hard question, since it feels like both their floors are pretty low. I gotta take the guy who might be the WR1 over the guy who will never, ever be the WR1, so its clearly sharpe for me.

What I wonder is whether the WR2 in Houston could score more than the WR1 in Tennessee.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Drunk Nerds posted:

Sportsfascination.com .
I'm not a good analyst, really, but they keep me around because I auction exclusively, and the dearth of quality/up-to-date auction advice on the Internet means I have a devoted audience for a twice weekly column. Also I have 10 weekly columns on 9 differently themed sites, so the crossover promotion has a high floor.

We, and the other writers in this thread, should talk shop sometime. I like all your styles

Yeah, Tajae went for freaking $11/$200 in my friends and family league today. The secret is out

10 columns? Hot drat that's impressive. I'm lucky to fart out 3-5 given my schedule. I'll definitely check out your stuff now.

There are a handful of us writers. I want to just say gently caress it and put together a site because y'all are some of the smartest FF people I've interacted with but that seems too GOON PROJECT-y.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

10 columns? Hot drat that's impressive. I'm lucky to fart out 3-5 given my schedule. I'll definitely check out your stuff now.

There are a handful of us writers. I want to just say gently caress it and put together a site because y'all are some of the smartest FF people I've interacted with but that seems too GOON PROJECT-y.

The bar set here is The Zybourne Clock so as long as you guys do better than that, you'll be OK.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Imagine four Charles Sims at the edge of a cliff. Fantasy football works the same way.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

89 posted:

Devin Funchess
Steve Smith
Rishard Matthews
Tajae Sharpe
Mike Wallace
Sammie Coates
Kenny Stills

Drop Diggs for Funchess. Camp reports have all been glowing about him and Kelvin's conditioning is a legitimate concern heading into week 1 with him on a snap count. Big opportunity for Funchess to step up as a favored target for Cam and that is some serious production.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I am trying to help my poor friend who was forced to join his in-law's league with these hosed up settings:

QB: 0.5 for completions, 3 point PaTD, -1 for sacks

Rushing: 0.5 PPR, 6 point rushing TD, 10 yards per point

Receiving: 0.5 PPR, 3 point receiving TD, 20 yards per point

and stupid bonuses for each as well

It's too late for a custom Beersheet for this mess, and I don't know a site where I can input such bizarre settings. The best advice I could give him was that his first 4 picks should probably be some combo of a QB and 3 RB. Anybody have any other insight?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

coronaball posted:

I am trying to help my poor friend who was forced to join his in-law's league with these hosed up settings:

QB: 0.5 for completions, 3 point PaTD, -1 for sacks

Rushing: 0.5 PPR, 6 point rushing TD, 10 yards per point

Receiving: 0.5 PPR, 3 point receiving TD, 20 yards per point

and stupid bonuses for each as well

It's too late for a custom Beersheet for this mess, and I don't know a site where I can input such bizarre settings. The best advice I could give him was that his first 4 picks should probably be some combo of a QB and 3 RB. Anybody have any other insight?

The only winning move is not to play.

Kidding, but I think your advice was correct. WRs look to be real screwed under that format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Tell him to go RB, qb, RB, RB, rb........wr

• Locked thread