Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel
May 2, 2009

can anyone contact ZDR theres this weird bug in zenforo i think where like, some threads are being routed to the wrong posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

computer toucher posted:

actually, yes. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking and talking about the ethics of my work. ”it’s good actually” is not the right conclusion, but if you don’t realize that even torture is a legitimate question that doesn’t have a clear moral answer you are not taking it seriously.

such a brutal self-own

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jewel posted:

can anyone contact ZDR theres this weird bug in zenforo i think where like, some threads are being routed to the wrong posts?

if i believed in torture, i would torture all torture apologists until they were no longer so

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
hey not to interrupt the last two pages of garbage but

https://medium.com/@timotheejeannin/i-built-a-screenshot-api-and-some-guy-was-mining-cryptocurrencies-with-it-cd188dfae773 posted:

Him: oh. sorry. i was using your server for mining cryptocurrency
Him: sorry i will stop it
Me: Thank you.
Him: will there be any legal proceedings ? 😅
Him: so , you have no idea about site security or are you just too lazy to implement it? 😅
Him: please implement a captcha in your site . it will prevent all those automated tools
Me: Thank you for your advice.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
For some reason all the cops refuse to consider that they might be held to a higher standard than the criminals they're supposed to be better than. WEeeeeird

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

are there effective captchas now? I don’t know the state of that arms race

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

deep inside your soul you know the answer to that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Subjunctive posted:

yeah, the google one thats a constant loop of "identify poo poo in a 4x4 grid" until you give up. i think thats the point anyway, that only humans stop trying? ill never know

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
in this case the threat vector was "a person with knowledge of curl and emojis" so it probably would have helped

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

yeah, the google one thats a constant loop of "identify poo poo in a 4x4 grid" until you give up. i think thats the point anyway, that only humans stop trying? ill never know

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.... Usually the bots aren't supposed to find out what they are

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

computer toucher posted:

actually, yes. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking and talking about the ethics of my work. ”it’s good actually” is not the right conclusion, but if you don’t realize that even torture is a legitimate question that doesn’t have a clear moral answer you are not taking it seriously.

gently caress you, company man

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ohgodwhat posted:

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.... Usually the bots aren't supposed to find out what they are

?!

i am telling you that it doesnt work, for humans.

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

redleader posted:

yes, please thin harder before you come to a conclusion on how good torture actually is

perhaps it is that simple. how else could it knee-jerk “hosed up beyond belief” as being “good” is beyond me ...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Krankenstyle posted:

?!

i am telling you that it doesnt work, for humans.

the yosposter lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. not without your help. but you're not helping.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
oh cool, 75 new posts in the security thread, I wonder what awful/awesome new thing taviso found today

oh

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/lulumilumi/status/989620541261725696

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

how many europeans still play a 16 year old game though? probably they decided to ditch the 5 active users instead of overhauling their entire account system (that is apparently for some reason wildly incompatible with basic decency?)

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 28, 2018

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i imagine anyone still wanting to play it could play on non-euro servers

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don’t think GDPR cares where the servers are located

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

yeah it doesnt

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

if they or the company involved aren't in Europe how are they gonna do anything about it?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
wow, okay. this thread has just collected even more evidence that computer touchers are horrible people

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

WTF where's the yospos stylesheet?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

WTF where's the yospos stylesheet?

219.css?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ya it's gone

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shaggar posted:

if they or the company involved aren't in Europe how are they gonna do anything about it?

who’s “they”?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Seems to be back now, I wonder if a browser plugin was blocking it for some reason.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

computer toucher posted:

the line has to be drawn from the perspective that law enforcement is absolutely crucial to a well-functioning society.

Nah.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shaggar posted:

lmao

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

computer toucher posted:

Only until you hear that crash in the night.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
number three pigs 1 2 and 4 and release them in the security megathread

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hey can you shitposters move to another thread this is meant to be about security fuckups, not fuckups in the security thread

go make some garbage thread to argue in

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

poo poo thread is thatta way -> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=389736

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
that link doesn't work

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

anthonypants posted:

that link doesn't work

lol pretty sneaky

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

who’s “they”?

if the servers or the company running the servers aren't located in Europe what can the EC do to penalize them?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Subjunctive posted:

if(request.hasGoogleCookie) isHuman = true;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Shaggar posted:

if the servers or the company running the servers aren't located in Europe what can the EC do to penalize them?

send a very strongly worded letter i would assume

• Locked thread