Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Grey Hunter posted:

Then Sarga begins to notice something strange, the people in the villages on the coast begin to believe in her much more fervently, soon it begins to eclipse all other religions in the area. She looks into it, and makes a discovery.
Her worship plankton are working their way up the food chain. Not only do the microscopic plankton believe in her, but the fish and whales that feed on her do, and in turn, that is now spreading to the fishermen who feed on them.
She does the maths, and it seems that, if not stopped, all the creatures on the planet who are capable of eating meat would believe in her in a few centuries.
She was on course to become the goddess of the whole planet.

:nice:

quote:

So, with this a few updates from finishing, I have a few ideas for what I would like to do next - I’ve enjoyed this, and I think it’s helped me in my confidence in writing - I’m sure I’ve mentioned I’m dyslexic, and the whole point of me starting to do LP’s was to force me to write and improve, and this CYOA has been an extension of this. So I’d like to try another one.

I really enjoyed it too, thank you for creating it - your writing is good and ability to adapt to our crazy ideas and make it fun is impressive.

As for votes... hmm...

A - I'm cool to let them continue to multiply - so long as they're not doing any harm and just adding to our belief then why bother them. They're our creation, why should we turn against them? However we might consider telling them to tone down their influence if it seems too controlling - subtle nudges towards belief in us might be better, we don't want to totally eradicate free will and our microbial friends are better as a back up than trying to force everyone to join us.

B- D I reckon, but be ready in case he decides to go against us. If he doesn't then a position as a lesser member of the pantheon is an acceptable resolution imo - we might consider balancing him by promoting some of our longer serving people and/or Arnold Mulch (if he wants) to lesser pantheon members too.

As for what to do next - all of these sound good. I'd really like to revisit Sarga's world again some time - but perhaps something different as a break for the artist and just for fun might be good? The ship one sounds really cool, I like the 3 days to retirement one as well but sci fi has always been a favourite of mine so gotta vote for The Ship.

Once again thank you and whatever you decide to do next I'll be interested to follow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

The Ship

srusnak102
Apr 13, 2015
A. Do nothing.
B. Do nothing.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Let it ride, let Asherah know what's up and offer him a job.

I'm going to go for 3 Days.. It's unusual, and that's always good.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
A - do nothing
It's a bit silly to try to lessen faith when people have not only belief in us, but rather actual proof.

C - lesser deity
We created him, sent him into this world to save souls, and helped him at his moment of greatest sacrifice. We can at least get a Holy Binary thing going on and see what fun reformations result.

The ship
I always love incompetent space adventurers. Being a crewman on the space-Tsar's space-yacht boondoggle vanity project would be interesting.

Decoy Badger fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 25, 2019

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Stop the plankton

Be honest with Asherah

Fly the SS Sarga

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
The Ship sounds great. Don't really have an opinion of the end of this, but I do want to thank your for the this fantastic ride.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Do nothing.

Wither away.

The ship.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
I vote with beerdeer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Do nothing

No opinion

The Ship

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Beerdeer posted:

Stop the plankton

Be honest with Asherah

Fly the SS Sarga

I like it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A-Nope, let them thrive.
B- D, we're generally truthful with our cohorts.

Do as you will.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Grey Hunter posted:

A - Do we stop the spread of the belief plankton?

Vote: No

Grey Hunter posted:

What do we do about Asherah?

Vote: B - Hide the truth from him, and let him wither away.

Grey Hunter posted:

So I’d like to try another one.

:toot:

This story has been wonderful and I'm so glad that its been helping you with your personal development!

Grey Hunter posted:

The Idea’s I have are

Vote: 3 Days to retirement

C'mon folks, we've done the spaceship thing to death! Let's all become "I'm too old for this sh!t!!"

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

When people say 'Stop the Plankton' - curious to know what they mean? I want our plankton to survive, perhaps though we could - as a compromise - tell them to stop mind controlling people unless we specifically give them instructions to do so later for a particular person.

Leave them going as worshippers with an option on secret control mechanism but not have them actively controlling people?

e: Also I kinda want to play all three of the options in turn! (no pressure Grey Hunter, just really enjoyed this and all 3 options are going to be great)

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 25, 2019

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
The ship

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

A New World order

Sarga met with Ashearh in the days that followed. They met in the cathedral that had grown up around the first landing site, the most holy place in the Asheran religion. At the appointed time he appeared from his own realm in the same manner as Sarga did, and behind him she saw sandy beaches and people living simple, idyllic lives.
The Hulking Sharkman was scarred and bathed in a glow, but Sarga could see that that was an affectation now, she could easily do the same, but shen was not one for such pointless shows. Even the scars were there to show people he had done battle.
”So, We have won.” He said.
”Yes, the angel is working for me now, and we are seeing the fall of all the old nations that are not bright enough to fall in line with the others.” She replied.
”Where do we go from here - you are now in the open and being worshipped, but not as a devil, but as a different form of me. Where does that leave us? War?”
”I would rather avoid that.” Sarga replied.
”Why, afraid you will lose?”
”No, because I know I have already won. Within two hundred years every animal and humanoid on this planet will believe only in me - you can’t kill me now - not that you ever could.”
”I could try and stop you.” Asherah stood, rearing over her, but sarga did not flinch.
”you would fail. But I’m not here to destroy one of my creations, I’m here to offer you a place in my pantheon, you would be here, but recognized as a lesser part, a prophet or and angel, I’ve not worked out the details.”
”I’ve become a god, only to become a lesser being?” She could hear the anger in his voice.
”You would still be a god - I plan on making all my close followers gods, but lesser ones, below me in the natural order - but do not doubt your power. You would be one of the most powerful things in creation, less me of course.”
”No. I do not think I will take this offer. You would not have made it if you did not fear me. I shall fight you, Sarga Scrawgill, and I will win.” he turned and swam off, readying himself to return to his realm. And Sarga saw there was no reasoning with him - she had made him too well, and now it was time for the creation to betray its mistress.

Oh dear, a 95 puts that happy ending out of things.

1- So how do we deal with him?
A - Kill him now.
B - Unmake him now (thanos snap)
C - Let him go, and fight his war.
D - Try and seal him in his own realm as the wizards did, and let nature take its course.
E - Remake him here and now into a lesser thing more compliant with our needs.
F - Something else.

2 - As a fun thing, what do you see us doing with our followers - I mentioned making them gods, but do you guys have anything cool you would like to see them do - remember if/when we do get around to doing the sequel, we’re basically creating our enemies for the next story.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Thinking about it, I'm not sure what Seaglass would want, and I'm also pretty sure that if Sarga asked her she wouldn't be able to answer that question either. I don't really think any of them would be up for immortality; Seaglass was a simple girl from a fishing village before we twisted her into an assassin and bodyguard, Irwin was a few days past his retirement. I imagine the beavers would just like to rebuild the world, and Raugh is probably ready to find a nice new cave to settle into. The bodyless dork lord would probably be up for it, but do we really want to make him a god, even a minor one?

Actually, thinking about Seaglass, she was more than just a simple fishing girl, wasn't she? She braved the depths to avenge the lost hero that became her namesake. Somehow I don't think we needed to graft that hand to her to make her a Hero.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

1 - F - Laugh, but kindly. I think we should laugh when he suggests we're afraid of him. Then point out that he is our creation, and one that we're proud of - perhaps most proud of out of all our of our many accomplishments. If he honestly feels the need to rebel, we aren't going to smite him for it. Instead Sarga will revel in a new challenge if need be, but the door will always be open for him to rejoin us. We'll compliment him on his bravery and feed his ego as well as making him feel special and valued. Let's not hurt him, let him think things over and if need be think how much fun it'll be to fight another god. After all simply crushing brutally all of their opponents and going on some self righteous quest didn't help the Protectors or the old Gods, attempting to wipe out all opposition is foolish ultimately and merely brings about the end of you. We're better than that.

2 - Whatever they want, we'll try to help with We should reward loyalty for all of them and try to help, but not control them. Let any of them who want it play a part in reshaping the world into something new, let those who want immortality or godhood have it, let those who want to simply go back to a normal life and be forgotten have that.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A. Just kill him and leave his soul to his own paradise if he has one. Sorry bud, that's life.

If you haven't started already can I put in a vote for Space Cop: 3 Days to re-entry? Grizzled dirtsucker detective en route back to earth and retirement, but when murder in the void raises its head he's stuck in a race against the clock to find the real killer.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kill him now, be done with it.

Obviously we need our gods of [x]. Seaglass has been by our side all this time, god of war. Irwin, god of death. Raugh, god of fire. Arnold, god of the harvest.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

F. Even if gods don't need to eat, they still do it out of habit and enjoyment. He is a sea creature, and a predator at that. Let the Plankton do their thing.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

1E We're a villain, aren't we? Subjugate the unruly pawn. We need not abide competition, no matter how unlikely they are to succeed.
Let our only enemy left be complacency, and find a way to best even that.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
C

BUT BEFORE THAT:

Tell him that this conflict is between us and him, not between our followers, and make him sign or swear a divinely binding contract or oath to not get mortals involved.

Official reason: it's good PR
Unofficial reason: leeeet's not set ourselves up in a Sith Empire vs Jedi Resistance here with an older, "good" branch of the dominant "evil" religion as underdog.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Leave him be. Every Zeus needs their Hades. He's our underworld jerk son. He gets the bad souls and can pout about it for eternity.

Yeah, we'll fight occasionally. But that's the natural order of things.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Relentless posted:

Leave him be. Every Zeus needs their Hades. He's our underworld jerk son. He gets the bad souls and can pout about it for eternity.

Yeah, we'll fight occasionally. But that's the natural order of things.

This is good. Slowly turn him into the comically inept devil figure if he doesn't get with the program.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

E

Make our most skilled followers into demigods or something.

The ship

sullat fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 26, 2019

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Grey Hunter posted:

1- So how do we deal with him?

Vote: D - Try and seal him in his own realm as the wizards did, and let nature take its course.

Grey Hunter posted:

2 - As a fun thing, what do you see us doing with our followers

Set them free to do whatever they want in this world, and, grant them a boon of their choosing. Also, check-in on them from time to time, so that they'll have 'Tea with Granny'.

Outrail posted:

If you haven't started already can I put in a vote for Space Cop: 3 Days to re-entry? Grizzled dirtsucker detective en route back to earth and retirement, but when murder in the void raises its head he's stuck in a race against the clock to find the real killer.

You're an eff'ing genius. :eng101:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
F. Fight him by not bothering to fight him. Smile at him, greet him warmly, utterly undo every plot he sets in motion without appreciable effort. Make it abundantly clear we are several orders of magnitude above him, but don't want to destroy or remake him because we like him and are proud of our creation. Let him try to be impressive, imposing, warlike. Burst his bubble before he even inflates it, but leave him, his followers and our followers unharmed.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

AJ_Impy posted:

F. Fight him by not bothering to fight him. Smile at him, greet him warmly, utterly undo every plot he sets in motion without appreciable effort. Make it abundantly clear we are several orders of magnitude above him, but don't want to destroy or remake him because we like him and are proud of our creation. Let him try to be impressive, imposing, warlike. Burst his bubble before he even inflates it, but leave him, his followers and our followers unharmed.

Yeah that's exactly the thought I was going for and well put!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AJ_Impy posted:

This...I like this

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

AJ_Impy posted:

It's not the sort of pragmatic villainy I would go for, but this? This is evil. By comparison, destruction would be a mercy.
Naturally, I'm changing my vote from E to F.
Just have to hope it doesn't backfire one day, hmm?
Hoisted by ones own hubris and whatnot.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

AJ_Impy posted:

Yup

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
F

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Outrail posted:

This. OMG this.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Puny God.

Sarga let him go. As she was saying, she was just giving him an easy way out of this. She could already feel that she outclassed him - the more her support grew, the more his dropped.

The first strike came quick and fast - Asherah gave an order that the cults of Scargill were a threat to the stability of the realm, and that all cultists should renounce their ways or die.
Sarga ordered her cultists to do the opposite, to openly worship, be peaceful and ignore the barbs and jibes of the Asherans.
Asherah soon found that there were less of his followers willing to just take action against unarmed people than he thought - his move even caused many to question if he was really on their side, and not in this for himself.
Sarga was able to sense some attacks coming, where there were firebrand preachers and mobs of fanatics, and when they moved, they found that the praying Scargills were all protected - their buildings were impassable to the Asherans, and followers praying the open protected by shimmering fields of light.
As Sarga had learned, reality follows belief, so after a few well managed displays, the belief that Sarga protected her shoal was taken in, and soon it became fact - Sarga no longer had to protect her followers, their own belief did that. Those who did not really believe, but had a public front were still vulnerable, but she made sure people knew that they were not true believers, and people killed in the name of Asherah soon took on the mantle of innocent victims caught up in witchhunts.

Asherah changed tact, he issued a new proclamation and a new shell that was supposed to cement his rule, people crowded round the new shell and watched as it began to bubble and pit, melting away into nothingness.
Panicked, the priests ran to the temple and found the other holy shells gone - Sarga proving anything she had made could be destroyed. The holy city that had grown up around Asherahs Landing was gone.
In the meantime, Arnold displayed several stone tablets with Sargas gospel on them - setting out her tenants - do what makes your great, as long as it harms no-one - unless those people are a threat to your way of life, then destroy them - allowing mercy for the defeated.
MOre people flocked to Sarga.

Priests were ordered to exalt Asherah from every corner of every city.
They were soon converted to the cult of Scargill.

A crusade was called. Only a pitiful few turned up.

Every move Asherah made only ended up weakening him, and in the end, he was bellowing for Sarga to face him in open combat.
Sarga ignored him.

Weeks turned to months, months to years, and a peace settled over the world that none had seen. Asherah soon drifted off into memory as a herald of Sarga, and he was left in his place, bitter, but subservient.

No real vote here, as I’m going to do the final wrap up in the post, but I guess we could do a run off vs the ship and Space Cop: 3 Days to re-entry

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Uhg, that's the cruelest way to defeat someone. Just ignore them until they go away is just humiliating.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Outrail posted:

Uhg, that's the cruelest way to defeat someone. Just ignore them until they go away is just humiliating.

But fitting for Sarga.
"you are not worth the effort to destroy"

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I missed the last post. Viva Sarga

(but we should grant wishes for our followers. If they want to serve as demigods they can. ot we will give them their desire)

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 29, 2019

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hey everybody we destroyed all our enemies and now we're the Boss of Everything. Now, who wants to be an immortal? *rubs hands together*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Perfection. We offered him a place, we were magnanimous in victory, we never saw him as an enemy and so it proved.