Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Eh its water under the bridge. I'm probably too heated about it as just an observer, but I'm glad you acknowledged my point at least! All good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. Steak posted:

im sorry for the vote thing. i certainly wouldn't have done anything like that in a different situation, ie one that wasn't forgone. i dont consider it cool or funny to mess around with fake actions. im sorry

It's only a game in the end so I hope nobody holds personal grudges, it's cool, you came back to the game even if you did leave for a bit and yeah vote stuff is frowned upon unless specified by the mod that it's allowed but you live and learn

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Thanks for running the game DBD! I had a blast playing with everyone and definitely learned a lot. Special shoutout to my mason pal Cloner, you did an awesome job man!! Looking forward to playing another game with y'all :dance:

Also after I died this game was on my mind haha, so I did some more math regarding the possible game outcomes just for fun.

If you assume every lunch is random, town has a 1/3 chance of winning it seems. Given the really simple answer, I'm sure there's a much more elegant way to show it, but here goes...

We can figure out the game outcome chances by enumerating all the equally likely 12c4 lunch orders (e.g. STTTSSTTTSTT).

To construct them, we take the part that leads to the game ending...

paths to 0-scum-lunch win at 4 lunches: TTTT = 1
paths to 1-scum-lunch win at 6 lunches: ways to lunch 1 scum in first 6, without triggering 0-scum-lunch win at 4 lunches = 6c1 - (paths to 0-scum-lynch win at 4)* 2c1 = 4
paths to 2-scum-lunch win at 8 lunches: 8c2 - (paths to 1-scum-lynch win at 6) * 2c1 - (paths to 0-scum-lunch win at 4) * 4c2 = 14
paths to 3-scum-lunch win at 10 lunches: 10c3 - (paths to 2-scum-lynch win at 8) * 2c1 - (paths to 1-scum-lynch win at 6) * 4c2 - (paths to 0-scum-lunch win at 4) * 6c3 = 48

...and multiply them with the ways to fill in the rest of the lunches to get the final answer (as a form of 'weighting')

lunch orders that include 0-scum-lunch win paths = 1 * 8c4 = 70 ~= 14%
lunch orders that include 1-scum-lunch win paths = 4 * 6c3 = 80 ~= 16%
lunch orders that include 2-scum-lunch win paths = 14 * 4c2 = 84 ~= 17%
lunch orders that include 3-scum-lunch win paths = 48 * 2c1 = 96 ~= 19%
lunch orders that result in town victory = 12c4 - (70 + 80 + 84 + 96) = 165 ~= 33%

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

There's some calculators out there that show the odds of each side winning a game based on the number of town/scum and it's always way more lopsided to scum than you think it would be.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I still won’t read math

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Steak you completely shot my nerves with the fake out vote, and I wouldn't say it's a given that a mod will/won't honor that how you intended.

I'm sorry everything devolved while I was asleep. Thank you for the game, dbd. This is the first time I didn't lose in 3 man lylo, which was fueling that end game paranoia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

:ghost:Gonna haunt you in your mafia dreams.