Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sandman from ECW posted:

I was supposed to see Mighty Joe Young with a friend back in the day but instead I spent the money my dad gave us on this and we walked around the mall until he picked us up a couple hours later. True story.

They should have gone with 2 tuff 2 instead of new age outlaws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
2 Tuff Twony

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Jim Cornette is a piece of poo poo bitch baby moron for many reasons. But maybe the most disgraceful thing about him is thinking the Bashams were money.

It's really funny that Cornette has been able to get away with positioning himself as someone who really understands wrestling considering his career as a booker is basically a laundry list of dogshit ideas that didn't work

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He lost every bit of credibility he could have had from me when he tried to backpedal on how hard he tried to kneecap Kevin Steen during his hottest era and pretend he didn't nearly gently caress ROH up. He's so bad

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

VideoWitch posted:

It's really funny that Cornette has been able to get away with positioning himself as someone who really understands wrestling considering his career as a booker is basically a laundry list of dogshit ideas that didn't work

Honestly, I admire the reliability. If I had TK money I'd have lawyers get a contract that has him suggest stuff, under extreme secrecy, and then make sure to not do that stuff.

"Alright, time to see about the women's division for the pape. Jim suggested Willow refuse Nyla's challenge because if she wins she might have to defend in Oklahoma... I think we have a title match ready!"

VV I wasn't watching at that time but I've read about that godawful suggestion, I didn't want to just repeat that, so I adjusted a little.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 8, 2024

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Serperoth posted:

Honestly, I admire the reliability. If I had TK money I'd have lawyers get a contract that has him suggest stuff, under extreme secrecy, and then make sure to not do that stuff.

"Alright, time to see about the women's division for the pape. Jim suggested Willow refuse Nyla's challenge because if she wins she might have to defend in Oklahoma... I think we have a title match ready!"

When AEW started that jackass suggested AEW should do a storyline where Nyla was "illegally" competing in the Women's Division. Because he's a transphobic piece of poo poo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
does anyone have the video of cornie where talks about how he would have booked the wcw invasion that was even worse than what vince did?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

does anyone have the video of cornie where talks about how he would have booked the wcw invasion that was even worse than what vince did?

i wanted to see terry funk vs the undertaker

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

That was a Kayfabe Commentaries thing, I think.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Has Corny actually run a successful company? Hasn't he just been a manager and on booking committees during cold parts of business?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Majinfoose posted:

Has Corny actually run a successful company? Hasn't he just been a manager and on booking committees during cold parts of business?

smokey mountain was somewhat successful but could never get a major tv deal so Cornie sold it to Vince to pay off debts. OVW was decent

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

Going off memory:

WCW - booking committee, wasn't the head decision maker, until he got mad and walked out.
Smokey Mountain: propped up by Rick Rubin money, tried the territory format after the territories were all but dead, went under once Rubin pulled his funding.
WWF: booking committee, pissed everyone off/didn't like the northeast (can't blame him on not liking Connecticut), went back to Louisville, wanted to kill Vince Russo
OVW: part owner, took WWF money in exchange for training their talent, did produce a golden generation (Cena/Brock/Orton/Batista), got mad over the idea that WWF would have a say in the talent they were paying him to develop, slapped Santino and solid his part
TNA: got worked by Jeff Jarrett into working again with Vince Russo, unsure of how much power he actually had but TNA was a shitshow that no one had a prayer of making halfway decent, from his telling got out-politic'd by Russo once more and was fired or quit I don't remember or really care to. Once more wanted to kill Vince Russo.
ROH: not formally head booker?, was now out of touch of what the modern wrestling fan was looking for, wore out his welcome and clashed with Sinclair management and ragequit

Basically only Smokey Mountain didn't end with him mad at someone or vice versa and that was a wrong place/wrong time investment.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

smokey mountain was somewhat successful but could never get a major tv deal so Cornie sold it to Vince to pay off debts. OVW was decent

When Smoky Mountain started there weren't major TV deals as a goal. One of the downfalls of Smoky Mountain was expanding their TV too much without being able to increase their live gates. They were paying for TV and not making money back on it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cornie only knows how to do one style of wrestling (80's southern wrasslin') and is out of touch with the modern wrestling fan and doesnt really care to learn what they want because he hates most modern wrestling

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

When Smoky Mountain started there weren't major TV deals as a goal. One of the downfalls of Smoky Mountain was expanding their TV too much without being able to increase their live gates. They were paying for TV and not making money back on it.

lol i see

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cornette hated the Northeast because he couldnt find Chef Boyardee spaghetti like in Kentucky

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Alaois posted:

Cornette hated the Northeast because he couldnt find Chef Boyardee spaghetti like in Kentucky

lol based

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Iirc Cornette made more money as a manager than he did backstage.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cornie only knows how to do one style of wrestling (80's southern wrasslin') and is out of touch with the modern wrestling fan and doesnt really care to learn what they want because he hates most modern wrestling

Even what he assumed was his target demo - southerners - he couldn't actually get a handle on because it turns out there's a big divide in the rural areas and the cities and cities would have been where he'd make his money.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Alaois posted:

gently caress lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

Bullshit you can absolutely find that up here

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maybe there's no Wendy's north of the Mason-Dixon?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

gently caress lol

i forget who told the story but he was always absolutely baffled why Jim kept saying he couldn't find good spaghetti in Connecticut considering how many Italian restaurants and pizzarias there are and then he eventually realized he was talking about Chef Boyardee

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i can believe that if given the choice between world class dining at a famous restaurant staffed by the best chefs or wendys that cornie would pick wendys

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i can believe that if given the choice between world class dining at a famous restaurant staffed by the best chefs or wendys that cornie would pick wendys

"WHAT'S Y'ALL'S SPRITE VINTAGE?"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

i forget who told the story but he was always absolutely baffled why Jim kept saying he couldn't find good spaghetti in Connecticut considering how many Italian restaurants and pizzarias there are and then he eventually realized he was talking about Chef Boyardee

That on the other hand I would absolutely believe

Jim cornette walking into Luigi’s apizz and demanding a bowl of their finest pasta spaghetti and getting outraged that it isn’t chef boyardee brand slop is right on brand

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
My favorite Cornettism from his time as head of ROH was constantly saying Delirious was the booker and not him, yet while Cornette was there it was loaded with dated territory angles that conveniently stopped when Cornette left even though Delirious was still booking.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the entire one sided feud he has with kenny is because kenny went above his head and cleared his trip to japan with management and when cornie texted him demanding why he wasnt at the RoH show Kenny texted him a picture of a gangrenous ankle as a joke which cornie didnt get and now he thinks kenny lied to him so he could bail on a show to go to japan to accept an award

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jim cornette? Holding a grudge over a random petty slight that he took way too personal?

:monocle:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kenny also wrestled comedy matches with a blow up doll and then later a small child while in japan and these irreparably damaged wrestling forever

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

a dumb moron posted:

My favorite Cornettism from his time as head of ROH was constantly saying Delirious was the booker and not him, yet while Cornette was there it was loaded with dated territory angles that conveniently stopped when Cornette left even though Delirious was still booking.

Like when The Briscoes lost the tag belts due to an ether soaked rag

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Like when The Briscoes lost the tag belts due to an ether soaked rag

I always love how hard commentary tries to work to put over ether or chloroform as stinky substances that is burning their eyes all the way from commentary tables

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

rotinaj posted:

CM Punk? Holding a grudge over a random petty slight that he took way too personal?

:monocle:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wrong thread, that one is thisaway

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kenny also wrestled comedy matches with a blow up doll and then later a small child while in japan and these irreparably damaged wrestling forever

well I'm sure Cornette would never hold a petty grudge over that OR the small child he wrestled.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

well I'm sure Cornette would never hold a petty grudge over that OR the small child he wrestled.

or a completely different person he thinks is the small child he wrestled but isn't

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

or a completely different person he thinks is the small child he wrestled but isn't

Who does he think is Riho? Shida?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Who does he think is Riho? Shida?

No the little girl Kenny wrestled wasnt Riho lol

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rotinaj posted:

That on the other hand I would absolutely believe

Jim cornette walking into Luigi’s apizz and demanding a bowl of their finest pasta spaghetti and getting outraged that it isn’t chef boyardee brand slop is right on brand

the only bigger lol would be if cornette was pining so hard for skyline, which doesn't even qualify as food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jim cornette: “finally, some real goddamned food”

AARD VARKMAN posted:

found this place in Charleston, West Virginia on Geoguessr today. Crazy owner posting all sorts of custom made memes, videos and ads to google reviews ftw

Strong recommend that you watch this short video: (edited to replace with links that work on mobile)

https://i.imgur.com/gcruDNN.mp4

the owner advertising the WHY DAIRYINKLE WHY talk show:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XICIOOBhs_CjiicnsSzaCrh6yslhq2_UrNBupdXrqcDT3x-EmsrNYFSnXWHdCEuPdQDoHURfxg=m18?cpn=y_0T0PWs2rxn26Xl

bologna sandwich video:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_9UkqTJV11mRlC4EOcoJqeXG2YrDmWXtAwGtLSe5dvME5ULlwmjv-vP4-LtBMgXyH4EG4WkykA=m18?cpn=l2RpiZ6s6HSG30Eo