Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Does anyone else's CW Hot Spot have a weird moulding imperfection on one of his leg joints? His leg falls off if I try to transform him out of robot mode. I'll have to file it down with something fierce eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rhyno posted:

SIRTOYS is updating, Paul must have found hundreds of new Chinesium treasures!

Hooray! I was thinking of ordering the oversized Feral Rex set.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jetfire posted:

Does anyone else's CW Hot Spot have a weird moulding imperfection on one of his leg joints? His leg falls off if I try to transform him out of robot mode. I'll have to file it down with something fierce eventually.

What part, the mushroom peg on his thigh swivels? There might be mold flash on the mushroom part itself that makes the whole thing come off when rotated.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jetfire posted:

Do you mean the one that made his leg refuse to stay in torso mode? I fixed it by sticking several layers of tape I cut into strips to his torso mode thigh until it's a tight fit:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 19, 2016

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Hell yeah, I'll open them tomorrow when I'm not so knackered.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Bleh, I find my lack of Onslaught irrationally depressing. If I wasn't so busy, I'd have one. If my kids weren't taking all my money, I'd have one. Onslaught is everything wrong with my life.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Do you mean the one that made his leg refuse to stay in torso mode? I fixed it by sticking several layers of tape I cut into strips to his torso mode thigh until it's a tight fit:

Rough molding on the leg joint means that the leg pops off whenever I try to swivel it around to transform. I think I can file it down, I just need some mean sandpaper.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Bleh, I find my lack of Onslaught irrationally depressing. If I wasn't so busy, I'd have one. If my kids weren't taking all my money, I'd have one. Onslaught is everything wrong with my life.

I've got one in the store for $30...

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I've got one in the store for $30...

Sorry I really am whining pointlessly, I don't even have the money to buy it at retail atm. :p

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sorry I really am whining pointlessly, I don't even have the money to buy it at retail atm. :p

Sell one of your kids?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Sell one of your kids?

Don't tempt me. Identical twins, man, and I'm not the kind of collector that army builds.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Legends Shockwave is a very very sturdy gun/space ship thing and is hard to transform out of it. Also does not fit in Thundercracker or Magnus's hands. I thought I'd try it out to see if he could because...I mean why not?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Don't tempt me. Identical twins, man, and I'm not the kind of collector that army builds.

Shame you're not into GI Joe, they'd be set up for Halloween.

Also, have you mixed them up yet?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Full preview for not-RiD #50's up.

Galvatron's a glorious dick, Soundwave's furious, and Marissa doesn't allow Thundercracker to go join the fight...because she does like him and would get worried. Awwwwwwww!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Thew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry1IE4EtVRI

I kinda wish he'd do more non-3rd party videos

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Sentinel Red posted:

Full preview for not-RiD #50's up.

Galvatron's a glorious dick, Soundwave's furious, and Marissa doesn't allow Thundercracker to go join the fight...because she does like him and would get worried. Awwwwwwww!

it's The Girl Who Loved Powerglide Thundercracker

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Both he and Peugh are on 3rd party kicks at the moment, but honestly I feel CW might be a hard wave for reviewers.

It's kind of like "Oh look, my 5th Dead End remold, now in Red, white, and blue instead of in Red and black, or White and black, or also white and black. Also, while picking him up, I got Swindle, again; Breakdown, again, and Off-road, again. Now to strap them all into Optimus Prime, again, while I wait for the one Voyager that isn't a remold, just a very similar concept of Plane on thing, except now the thing isn't a poorly disquised robot body!"

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Anora posted:

Both he and Peugh are on 3rd party kicks at the moment, but honestly I feel CW might be a hard wave for reviewers.

It's kind of like "Oh look, my 5th Dead End remold, now in Red, white, and blue instead of in Red and black, or White and black, or also white and black. Also, while picking him up, I got Swindle, again; Breakdown, again, and Off-road, again. Now to strap them all into Optimus Prime, again, while I wait for the one Voyager that isn't a remold, just a very similar concept of Plane on thing, except now the thing isn't a poorly disquised robot body!"

Yeah, as much fun as I have collecting them all (no really combiners are mahogany poo poo) reviewing all the redeccos just isn't feasible.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, as much fun as I have collecting them all (no really combiners are mahogany poo poo) reviewing all the redeccos just isn't feasible.
And yet
https://www.youtube.com/user/emgo316/search?query=combiner+wars

Also: The Thew review ultimately came off as pretty honest if not outright negative, which is something he rarely does, so I appreciated it

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Anora posted:

Shame you're not into GI Joe, they'd be set up for Halloween.

Also, have you mixed them up yet?

For the first few months they were pretty interchangeable but now the idea of mixing them up just seems silly.

I saw the new $20 RID deployers today, overload seems cool.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

Speaking of Onslaught a minute ago, I went on a toy run last weekend and saw him, and Sky Lynx, at pretty much every Target I hit. Even the cheap ones! (Don't know how things are where you guys live, but the Voyagers around here can vary in price by five or six dollars, depending on which Target you go to. Unfortunately, the Target closest to my house is one of the expensive ones.)

I actually had enough money to buy them both, but I am still playing catch up, and was really looking for a Hot Spot. Used to see that guy everywhere, but the local supply has dried up, and I can't even find him online except on eBay or Amazon third party at like twice the price.

Luckily, I made a wrong turn coming off the highway, and decided to swing by a nearby comic shop on a whim. Not even looking for Transformers at this point, it's just that I didn't have have my toddlers with me for once, and figured I could have an easier time browsing. Dude had Hot Spot, as well as Legends Shockwave, which I don't think has even hit retail around here.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It suddenly occurs to me MtMtE is near enough prepped to do a take on the Beast Wars/Binaltech time-travelling, Russian-accent Ravage. Like the DJD try and off him with everyone else because of guilt through association or something, he uses the spare briefcase to get out of dodge and ends up in the future, eventually getting a new bod and a new job serving whoever and coming back to do Timecop poo poo.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So speaking of reviewing them all. I got paid, and bought the rest of wave 6, putting me at all of the US CW Deluxes. That said I do need to redo the list to include the Japanese guys now, and remove the Ratchet that isn't happening.

Trailbreaker is cool. They fixed a few of the issues I had with the legs unpegging from the body. The new hand is neat, but is kind of out in the open on the alt mode. The Hand foot is different, it's the same one that comes with his Remolds, but instead of the four finger piece he gets two huge robotic "fingers", Making him have a Claw hand as an arm.

Smokescreen is the same as Streetwise, but it feels like his pegs are tighter, which is due to his paint apps being in the peg holes. His Paint apps are loving stellar, except for some issues near the rear-view mirrors.

Wheeljack is an abomination. He really doesn't fit together in alt mode, and even the parts that do fit are gappy. His upper elbow joint was replaced with a super stiff ratchet, reducing the really good Breakdown elbow mobility severely. the front of his car mode pops out of it's peg, and while sort of an issue on Breakdown, the windscreen could hold it down pretty well, but not for Wheeljack. The Chestplate also does not clip into the front of the car well in alt mode after it's redesign. Even in car mode he seems bland and off white. He has some weird proportion issues as well. Too much calf, and too long a torso, on too skinny arms with a really shrunken head.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

For the first few months they were pretty interchangeable but now the idea of mixing them up just seems silly.

All I'm saying is, every time the wife starts some poo poo, whip out a huge Lazy Susan and a bag that can fit over both babies and the Lazy Susan, give it a whirl and if she can't figure out which one is Tomax, you win the argument. Now if you forgot to mark one and forget yourself, you lose. I have now solved all of your marriage issues.

You could also use the Lazy Susan to record Transformer reviews.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Sentinel Red posted:

It suddenly occurs to me MtMtE is near enough prepped to do a take on the Beast Wars/Binaltech time-travelling, Russian-accent Ravage. Like the DJD try and off him with everyone else because of guilt through association or something, he uses the spare briefcase to get out of dodge and ends up in the future, eventually getting a new bod and a new job serving whoever and coming back to do Timecop poo poo.

If J. Barber or Roche was writing that would happen and it would be neat.

Rogers seems to be commited to telling his own story and making new things, rather than have plotlines that are entirely there to lead into references. Sometimes he even goes against reference, like having Magnus be an armor but not for just a white optimus but for an entire legacy of characters all pretending to be the original magnus, or having an unknown character become shockwave.

I DO like barber and roche working transformers history into their stories, though. Other stories besides G1 had some nice ideas and characters and it's nice to have those ideas get some exposure.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Zaa Boogie posted:

combiners are mahogany poo poo

Missed opportunity not having this be the CW tagline.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

And yet
https://www.youtube.com/user/emgo316/search?query=combiner+wars

Also: The Thew review ultimately came off as pretty honest if not outright negative, which is something he rarely does, so I appreciated it

Emgo reviews literally everything. I'm not taking back my words. :v:

And yeah, the review kind of touches on why I'm not too keen to rush out on 3rd party stuff until I find out more about it: Making a thing look good at the expense of a transformation that just isn't fun.

Keldroc posted:

Missed opportunity not having this be the CW tagline.

Auto complete on a phone is pretty great. I didn't even realize that happened until you pointed it out, ha.

Also, whoo, Sky Lynx and Onslaught came in from BBTS.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I disagree with Thew about the transformation being overly difficult. Some people said the same thing about Wardog....I think BadCube stuff just doesn't gel with some people

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The liteness of Badcube stuff bothers me. If I'm paying $100 for voyager sized stuff put a little diecast on it to make me feel better.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Personally I feel Sunsurge fails big time as a pseudo MP through the car mode before we even get to the transformation. One thing the MP cars have done religiously is ensure the vehicle exterior looks correct from any angle other than below. Sunsurge, however, is a mess from the rear, especially when compared with Sideswipe, or even Spinout, it can't maintain the pretense of just being a Lambo at all.

It's a shame as I prefer the head, arms and vent/spoiler combo on Sunsurge to Spinout's but that car mode, man. Ouch.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sentinel Red posted:

Personally I feel Sunsurge fails big time as a pseudo MP through the car mode before we even get to the transformation. One thing the MP cars have done religiously is ensure the vehicle exterior looks correct from any angle other than below. Sunsurge, however, is a mess from the rear, especially when compared with Sideswipe, or even Spinout, it can't maintain the pretense of just being a Lambo at all.

It's not trying to. There's screencaps from the G1 cartoon showing Sunstreaker with almost exactly that gonkity-rear end rear panel, big round nozzle taillights and all. If that doesn't float your boat, fine, but it's not like Badcube did 3/4ths of a really good Countach and then went to lunch and told the intern to finish off the back end.

Thew mentioned, and I'm paraphrasing, that Sunsurge seemed kind of insufferable about how good it was. And my immediate thought was, doesn't that make it a really successful Sunstreaker?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

...but that car mode, man. Ouch.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Sunsurge is good. It's also the nearest thing to an official Sunstreaker that we're gonna get outside of Tigertrack or Lamborghini approving an experimental modification on an official product.

Sure, the transformation is pretty involved and also an explosion. It makes a drat fine robit-man and car. I'm not trying to justify my purchase here, I really think it's good and it's going with my MPs along with MMC Spartan and Maketoys Gundog.

Sure, the rear of the car doesn't look exactly like a Countach that you could (theoretically) buy in real life. Neither does the top, so...

Badcube is coming out with a red Diaclone version, if Diaclone is your thing.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

He did specifically say from the rear at least.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/02/20/new-images-unite-warriors-blast-off-tailfin-hulk-hands-310318

Also looks like Rook has a hulk hands buddy!

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 21, 2016

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, it just looks poor in comparison:

Omnigonix have strangely messed up on having the front wheels sticking out so much, though.

Sentinel Red fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 21, 2016

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sunsurge's rear end is what the car looked like in the cartoon, though, for whatever reason. It was drawn very differently from Sideswipe's. It's a custom job, so it's entirely plausible that the rear end would be very different from the standard Countach's.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Sunstreaker: "Teletran one, I need....a nicer rear end."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The MP cars don't adhere strictly to the cartoon though? It's all about a real world vehicle miraculously becoming the cartoon robot as best it can. Otherwise Bumblebee would be a cute, squashed up chibi racer and not a realistically proportioned (if out of scale) VW. And even if the cartoon were what Badcube were going for, they didn't quite manage it, did they?

It's just a poor halfway house between both. It's more noticeable on prototype pics as you can see all the gaps clearer whereas on this colour one, it all looks black

That's all I was getting at. But anyway, I guess we've kind of exhausted all this talk of rear ends so I shall pipe down and give it the boot.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

But again, it's not a real car, so the rear end is whatever they choose to make it. It's obviously not a mistake or an oversight, it's a creative choice they made. It's not the one I would have made, but I guess they had their own ideas about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Why even get a car when the Universe allows giant mechanical alligators and machine hell bats to exist?