Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Nice house though, grats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bottom Liner posted:

Nice house though, grats!

Thank you, Bottom Liner!

It needs some work !

But it has a great lot and will be a wonderful long term home

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why realtors feel the need to hdr the gently caress out of all their photos. (Those are far from the most egregious examples I've seen, but still seems unnecessary)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I don't get why realtors feel the need to hdr the gently caress out of all their photos. (Those are far from the most egregious examples I've seen, but still seems unnecessary)

The mega ultra wide screen morph lenses are bullshit, too. Every house I've set foot in I've immediately thought, "gently caress those pictures lol what is this trash compactor of a living room I'm in"

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
You should get BeatmstrJ in there to redecorate the place in order to attract the :females:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Thank you, Bottom Liner!

It needs some work !

Other than putting on new bedsheets, don't you dare change a single thing!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nasty bidding war. Ended up over asking price with 3 other serious bidders, and the property was only listed Saturday morning, but my offer has been accepted and we're in contract

Love that Pacific Northwest :shepface:

RIP buying now in PNW.
The seasonal market changes harsher than a lot of other areas. I'm sorta in the market and as soon as the sun starts showing, prices jump 70K.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I swear I've driven past that house a couple times. Goongratulations n your Cascadian property!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nasty bidding war. Ended up over asking price with 3 other serious bidders, and the property was only listed Saturday morning, but my offer has been accepted and we're in contract

Love that Pacific Northwest :shepface:

Congrats and if you don't mind sharing around what city/area did you buy in? We're heavily looking to move to Oregon next year (likely Portland outskirts).

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

tangy yet delightful posted:

Congrats and if you don't mind sharing around what city/area did you buy in? We're heavily looking to move to Oregon next year (likely Portland outskirts).

That's a good idea to know where he lives, I'd want to be at least a few zip codes away from GGGC also.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

You should get BeatmstrJ in there to redecorate the place in order to attract the :females:

Is that still going? That whole thing is so great.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I wanted to go back and play some old 360 games but my original model is at death's door (loud as hell, broken disk drive, etc) so I'm picking up one of these. I had no idea they rereleased the 360 to match the aesthetics of the One. Gonna pick it up tomorrow, only $80!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

I wanted to go back and play some old 360 games but my original model is at death's door (loud as hell, broken disk drive, etc) so I'm picking up one of these. I had no idea they rereleased the 360 to match the aesthetics of the One. Gonna pick it up tomorrow, only $80!

Cam you plug an old 360 hard drive into it?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cam you plug an old 360 hard drive into it?

Good question! Maybe? I'm locked out of my old account anyway so I'm not super concerned about that as I'll be starting from scratch.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

tangy yet delightful posted:

I work downtown but I like living in the suburbs. I'm moving to and from the 97225 zip code, east of highway 217. It's a wonderful part of the city in my opinion although it can be a bit @Middleclassfancy at times

Portland is awesome and many goons should live there!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

In a discord chat I posted this picture of my guinea pig facing utter despair at dropping a tomato. Another goon, Bored, thought it was hilarious and painted it as a jape (and got hilariously weird with it)

I demanded to purchase it.

Now I need to buy a picture frame.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That's amazing!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Bought some new kicks since converse is having a $25 sale.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

couldcareless posted:

Bought some new kicks since converse is having a $25 sale.

Got details? This didn't show up for me on their site and I could use some shoes.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Under their sale section, use code 25ALL

couldcareless has a new favorite as of 02:33 on May 2, 2019

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Krakkles posted:

Got details? This didn't show up for me on their site and I could use some shoes.

Use promo code 25ALL. Doesn’t work on all styles, basically just the classic chucks.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wow I’m gonna buy some chucks tonight.

I wish the new padded comfortable ones didn’t look so... therapeutic?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I work downtown but I like living in the suburbs. I'm moving to and from the 97225 zip code, east of highway 217. It's a wonderful part of the city in my opinion although it can be a bit @Middleclassfancy at times

I'm in Lake Oswego, it's not bad. I also work downtown though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Pick posted:

I'm in Lake Oswego, it's not bad. I also work downtown though.

My parents just moved to LO on 9th Street, near the library! It's pretty nice there, and their next door neighbor has a blue 2018 M2 :hellyeah:

Stickmen is a good place to drink a beer and watch idiots on boats

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Thanks for the deets.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Trilogy screenprinted triptych. 18x36 each. Available now at Bottleneck Gallery as a timed edition (!)

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Finally got me a Telecaster. It's neat.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

Trilogy screenprinted triptych. 18x36 each. Available now at Bottleneck Gallery as a timed edition (!)

I saw that last night and told myself try to remember. Thanks for the reminder to snag a set.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Awesome color on that tele :discourse:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Pondex posted:

That seafoam green is hot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pondex posted:

Ace color 4 sure.
I'm jelly.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Yeah I'm digging it more and more.

I knew I wanted a lighter color so it was either that or a weird yellow custard looking "vintage white"

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That is a wonderful classic color.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Dick Trauma posted:

That is a wonderful classic color.

Yeah if that guitar were a car I know exactly what it’d look like.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Teles are awesome and seafoam green is awesome. My tele is a blackguard with maple neck but I’ve been thinking lately that a sherwood green with white binding, rosewood fretboard, and clay dots is in my future.

Also, you need a mint green pickguard on that bad boy.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Pondex posted:

Yeah I'm digging it more and more.

I knew I wanted a lighter color so it was either that or a weird yellow custard looking "vintage white"

That's the one I have (the custard one). I much prefer yours.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I’m looking for a good durable everyday/travel backpack that’s ~30 liters. I keep seeing really nice ones posted in this thread, so I was wondering if anyone can give me any recommendations?

I’d love something I can bike into work with, while having enough capacity for a long weekend trip (travel, not backpacking)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I really like REI’s flash packs. I have one that I got 5 years ago that I use for work and play. Isn’t showing any signs of dying soon.

If you want something with a stiffer back and better straps, I’m a big fan of my Osprey Skarab 30. You mention not-backpacking so this one might be a bit much.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Chrome Hondo

https://www.chromeindustries.com/product/hondo-backpack/BG-219.html?dwvar_BG-219_color=ALLB&cgid=backpacks

or Osprey Radial

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product/radial-26-RADIAL26.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My parents just moved to LO on 9th Street, near the library! It's pretty nice there, and their next door neighbor has a blue 2018 M2 :hellyeah:

Stickmen is a good place to drink a beer and watch idiots on boats

Yeahhh, nice part of town! I've probably seen your parents before and that's weird :colbert:.