Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CBJSprague24 posted:

I got error message SU-30746-0 yesterday while downloading a system software update. Apparently, others are getting it during this update and the wireless controller won't even connect to give you the chance to "Cancel" or "Back" out of that screen, so the workaround is to physically connect a controller via USB to the PS4, go into safe mode, and manually install the update.

Is this pretty much what I need to do? I think what happened was the PS4 attempted to restart itself during the install, except that it didn't turn back on and I had to do it myself.

SiKboy posted:

Try it, let us know.

Update- this worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Seedge posted:

There's an option for Driving Line in there.

Yes and it's a static yellow line that is completely unhelpful unlike the one doing it wrong describes which was an option in like, Forza 1 for Xbox

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
GT5 had a dynamic driving line iirc. Why would they get rid of it?

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
Anyone pick up a physical copy of Raiden V? poo poo won't even boot. Gets to a blue screen right after showing the title when you try to load it up and freezes there. Deleted the data multiple times but still no dice. Probably gonna send it back to Amazon; disappointing since I preordered it as soon as it was announced.

edit: Holy poo poo, it finally loaded. Sat on a blank blue screen for a solid 10 minutes. If it's an install why not mention that somewhere, and why would it take 10 minutes to install a Raiden game? Great job, UFO Interactive!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, if anyone is waffling on getting a PSVR, this is the week to do it. This sale is fuckin nuts and PSVR games don't price drop very frequently.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I'm also one of the people who played a ton of GT3. Even did some of those endurance races to get the F1 cars. Bought 5 a long time ago for cheap and didn't touch it. I want to get Sport because I like racing sims that don't require me to know a ton of stuff about cars, but I think I'll wait for reviews or rent it.

While this always comes up during racing chat, I would kill for another rendition of Burnout. Paradise and 3 were extremely my poo poo.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm not too keen on GT Sport this go around. I loved GT2 on the OG PlayStation, primarily because of the ridiculous amount of cars and modification options like exhaust, turbo, etc. I feel like they got lazy and didn't implement a good upgrade system past changing tires for different road types, and adjusting a bunch of dumb poo poo that I can't tell makes any difference. Aside from that, they're pushing this whole like, supercar angle now. I want my junker Civic and 240SX again, and to have to race other shitboxes to advance. That and there isn't really much variety. Most manufacturers in the full list look to have one or two regular cars, then 2 or 3 variations of said cars decked out in racing paint. It's lame. All the effort they put into the stupid picture editor should have been put into customization and more variation of cars.

The photo mode is dope though

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I mean, it's essentially GT7 Prologue but it also allows them to push their GT Academy stuff further don't, which is good and cool even if it doesn't apply to me personally (because I suck).

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I can't believe that Raiden V and that other shump remade by the same company were just released for $35 each. That's bonkers. It was bad enough with Darius Burst but that seemed like the extra modes added to the value.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It's amazing how much they managed to gently caress up Gran Turismo when all people ever wanted was more cars and tracks, damage, and online.

I get that it takes a lot more time and money to render stuff now but they can't even do stuff like UI and game progression right anymore. And here's some poo poo no one asked for that we're going to waste time on if it ever works at all.

I wonder if this will kill the franchise for good, 6 took a huge hit in sales because 5 was so terrible.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Okay you simply cannot say "they can't do UI right anymore" and then go on to mention GT5. Like holy poo poo.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I think the answer is probably going to be "keep practicing", but as a lifelong PC gamer, is there anything I can do to get better, faster, at using a PS4 controller in FPS games? I've been playing a lot of Overwatch lately, and seeing killcams of Hanzos pulling off impossible shots I would struggle to do with a mouse has me despairing.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Okay you simply cannot say "they can't do UI right anymore" and then go on to mention GT5. Like holy poo poo.

why, it was poo poo there and still poo poo in the sport demo

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

The Bramble posted:

I think the answer is probably going to be "keep practicing", but as a lifelong PC gamer, is there anything I can do to get better, faster, at using a PS4 controller in FPS games? I've been playing a lot of Overwatch lately, and seeing killcams of Hanzos pulling off impossible shots I would struggle to do with a mouse has me despairing.

Play every day for a month or two. Or buy a XIM I guess?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The Bramble posted:

Don't worry, they are likely using a mouse too.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

I don't like the GT aesthetic much either, but IMO the menus have been stupid and over-stylized since the PS1 games, used to hate them then too:

They can never just put a few menu labels on the side.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shadow225 posted:

Don't worry, they are likely using a mouse too.

that's honestly really unlikely. not many people are gonna buy a xim

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

LawfulWaffle posted:

I can't believe that Raiden V and that other shump remade by the same company were just released for $35 each. That's bonkers. It was bad enough with Darius Burst but that seemed like the extra modes added to the value.

I bought Raiden to show support since I usually drop the ball when it comes to things like that, but when I closed it out and restarted it did the same lovely loading routine that took 5-10 minutes to even get to the title screen. Might shoot for a return to Amazon; that's inexcusably bad. Not to mention the "story" is terrible and unnecessary and the ships move like molasses.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

If gamers think it'll make them eSports pro strats players, they'll sure as hell buy a xim.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a really really small number of people that you play with/against are gonna have a xim

and if you're at like platinum or below in overwatch, you'll run into nearly zero

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

You can actually get good with a controller through using it a lot, but the sick tite shots you're seeing are almost certainly a 1/1000 thing.
Nobody's gonna post their boring shots.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Liver Disaster posted:

You can actually get good with a controller through using it a lot, but the sick tite shots you're seeing are almost certainly a 1/1000 thing.
Nobody's gonna post their boring shots.

Hes seeing xim users get play of the game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

Because you said "anymore" as if it was good in the first place

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Real hurthling! posted:

Hes seeing xim users get play of the game

Do they get an award mailed to their house?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats what my grandpa asked me when i said i beat megaman iv in the 90s

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'm speaking from bias and anecdotes, but I have been playing console shooters for a decade. I am familiar with the confines of a base controller, and how cranking the sensitivity affects the crosshair, both in minute and egregious amounts. I often see precision that I find very hard to believe an unaltered stick can bring. I certainly don't see how a Widow can nail head shots back to back to back with said precision. Nor do I see how a McCree can smoothly 180 flashbang and headshot.

I think that this late in the console version's lifespan, the crossover is probably a bit more frequent than we would like to believe. That said, since I'm not literally in their living rooms, I will concede that I could be wrong. I would be surprised, but such is life. We probably shouldn't spend much more time going back and forth about a mundane subject.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just got the platinum trophy for second son. This game does trophies right. No trophies for boring grind bullshit, o lynch for stuff you do anyways and story progression. I wish all game were like that in terms of trophies. I mean stuff like Diablo "beat thegame in hard-core mode" is just ridiculous. But even worse is "win x multiplayer matches" in games that are not full online mp only.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Hopper posted:

I mean stuff like Diablo "beat thegame in hard-core mode" is just ridiculous.
this is incredibly easy. just boring if you are doing a playthrough solely for the trophy. it is difficult to die in normal difficulty in d3

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah I mean it's not like they're constantly sold out or anything.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Second Son acknowledging the platinum with some cheeky dialogue was cute.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I dont play many multiplayer games (One will occasionally get its hooks deep into me and I'll play it for months, then one day I'll just.... stop playing it for no apparent reason and pretty much never go back to it.) but even when I do I just cant bring myself to be agitated about people using a xim. I'm mediocre to decent (at BEST) at multiplayer shooters, if someone wants to drop £125 on a controller to beat me, well okay then. I'll take the loss and go on to the next match. I dont see the point in spending that money to get an unfair advantage in a game; its a game, its supposed to be fun playing and getting better. If playing the game on a console with a controller wasnt fun for me, I'd get the game on PC or find a game I liked enough to play even when I wasnt winning.

Long story short, anyone who plays against me using a xim has wasted 125 quid because with a remarkably small amount of skill and/or patience you could have probably beaten me using a controller and saved that money.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats what my grandpa asked me when i said i beat megaman iv in the 90s

Owned by your own grandad.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I am playing MGSV and it's making me really appreciate Horizon: Zero Dawn's approach to fighting giant mechs. The fights in HZD are so fluid and it's a clear systems-based approach to putting together the tools you have to take a giant terrifying thing apart methodically. I wish more stealth action games rewarded careful stealth with the ability to pre-seed a boss arena with traps and other tricks. In HZD you get to feel like a hunter. In most stealth action games the boss fights come after mandatory cut scenes and so disconnect the fight entirely from the world.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first Thunderjaw fight was the most fun I've had with a game in years.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Is that the one in the cauldron? I remember creeping in there, seeing it hulking over the arena, being like "oh poo poo" and then putting down about a million traps and tripwires.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I'm torn on GT Sport. On one hand, the driving feels as fantastic as ever. Just driving the car around the track, even on a controller, is a pleasure. On the other hand, the almost nonexistent career mode and lackluster car/track list are a huge turnoff, especially as someone not super interested in the online racing focus.

It's a bummer since I had a lot of fun with GT6, but I might take a pass on this one in favor of Project Cars 2 (or Forza 7 on my PC).

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I'm liking playing GT, but it keeps crashing on me and for some reason is being a poo poo about connecting to the network, which means my games don't save, even if it's just the driving school stuff.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

doingitwrong posted:

Is that the one in the cauldron?
Yeah, that's the first Thunderjaw fight if you're a drat scrub. :colbert:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh, right. Titanfall 2 is pretty great. I forgot for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

What's wrong with GT Sport's UI?

I think it's pretty good. It's clear to see what you want, and things are grouped sensibly.