Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just hit the part in TCP with the guys that walk on the ceiling and it has me really side eyeing striking distance with wtf they were thinking with a few of these design decisions.

They aren’t even hard. They are barely aggressive, but it feels like their gimmick is being wholly unfun to fight. They walk around faster than Jacob’s snail rear end can keep up with, barely attack, when they do attack it feels like a cheap shot, and if you try to launch them off a cliff they seem to just hit an invisible wall unlike other enemy types. Just annoying enemy design with no redeeming qualities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

You are in for, by the lights of many knowledgeable people, one of the worst designed final bosses ever devised. If you make it that far at least

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The final boss isn't as bad as the second two head, at least it's not constantly on your rear end for the one shot.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Guess Im getting ds1 remake this sounds cool.

I hope they put a few secret suits in. I dont mind the ds1 suit but the ones available in ds2 I just like a little more. I think in that one I ended up using the riot police gear for most of the game.

... will probably replay two after done with the ds1 remake. Its been a while.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

The final boss isn't as bad as the second two head, at least it's not constantly on your rear end for the one shot.

I was reading some patch notes and it said they made the one shot bosses 2 shots on normal difficulty now (3 on easy) so hopefully they are mildly less annoying now. Still not looking forward to them lol.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mindblast posted:

Guess Im getting ds1 remake this sounds cool.

I hope they put a few secret suits in. I dont mind the ds1 suit but the ones available in ds2 I just like a little more. I think in that one I ended up using the riot police gear for most of the game.

... will probably replay two after done with the ds1 remake. Its been a while.

You get a 'classic' suit as an optional item in your storage from the start of the game and there's at least one more... for finishing it on 'impossible' difficulty (hard + permadeath).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Skill Up has an effusive DSR review up, with isaac's new voice being the only real sticking point. definitely picking it up and playing it later today

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Booting up the remake to play it and while it's fantastic I'm getting a really odd issue. The game occasionally just crashes, but not just itself but my whole pc? The graphics get all weird and inverted colors and then my computer soft resets. It's very odd and I've never seen this happen with another game.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That sounds like an overheating issue or a gpu driver issue just from the description. Try updating your graphics drivers?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That absolutely should have an error message, check your dump file, use the windows DMP file reader to check it, Google the error code. It'll tell you what's wrong.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Evil Kit posted:

Booting up the remake to play it and while it's fantastic I'm getting a really odd issue. The game occasionally just crashes, but not just itself but my whole pc? The graphics get all weird and inverted colors and then my computer soft resets. It's very odd and I've never seen this happen with another game.

sounds like it could be a driver issue, or possibly something going weird with your overclock if you have that set up in your AMD/nvidia options panel

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Y'know I totally forgot about updating drivers and on top of that GE force experience also needed to update so wasn't informing me properly. :doh:

Having checked the specs on the store I even should be able to run it at max, wonder if that was the reason. Thanks y'all.

edit:

dogstile posted:

That absolutely should have an error message, check your dump file, use the windows DMP file reader to check it, Google the error code. It'll tell you what's wrong.

If updating drivers doesn't fix the issue I'll def look this up and let you know. Appreciate it sir.

editedit: updating drivers did not fix it, fingers crossed it isn't overheating something. Checking the game's crashdump folder it doesn't seem to have anything, gonna check windows stuff out. Played fine for a longer while at least.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 27, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vermain posted:

Skill Up has an effusive DSR review up, with isaac's new voice being the only real sticking point. definitely picking it up and playing it later today

who the gently caress is this guy

I've never heard of him before people started posted him everywhere as some kind of authoritative review source

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm in chapter 2 of Dead Space and already this game is GOATed personally. Everything is so fleshed out and so well done. Necromorphs are faster now and put up more of a fight too. I can't wait to replay the hell out of this. Runs pretty well on the Eeck save for massive hitches when rendering shaders.

Love it so far.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Blockhouse posted:

who the gently caress is this guy

I've never heard of him before people started posted him everywhere as some kind of authoritative review source

He did one review for Warframe that was really very good, but then everything he and his brother have been doing has not been my bag at all, so I lost track of him. He's just a review guy that can go in depth on aspects of why he likes a game in an entertaining and informative enough way, and like most reviewers, he doesn't hit everything for everyone. It's his turn on the bike for a while, it seems.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Skillup has decent game opinions even if he's a Destiny 2 player. He's just another reviewer, no more authoritative than any other reviewer but with generally better editing.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The algorithm giveths and taketh away. Mostly taketh away

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/jjfromroe/status/1618832246471028737?t=Vc0Saew3cnESVJyHY-uHHg&s=19

Just look at it

Such a hype year

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Of those four, I'm overall most hyped for Alan Wake 2, although Alone in the Dark being set in the South is :dance:

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Yeah Alan Wake 2 is by far the most interesting one, since it's the only one that isn't just a remake.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm gonna pick up the Dead Space remake this weekend since 1 & 2 are some of my favorite games, really happy to see that it turned out to be something closer to a REmake style thing over a RE3 Remake style remake. I'm of course looking forward to RE4 remake and think it'll turn out great from what they've shown (still very curious if they're including giant statue chasing you). I also really love Alan Wake as a huge Stephen King and Remedy games fan so I'm very curious where his story goes after what they showed in the Control DLC (which I didn't find great to play compared to the main game but the exposition was great). I haven't really ever played AitD at all but I hope that turns out great too because I want more horror games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Couldn't choose, though weirdly I'm least hype for RE4 remake I'm sure it'll be great but eh feels the most unnecessary.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hel posted:

Yeah Alan Wake 2 is by far the most interesting one, since it's the only one that isn't just a remake.

Don't think AitD is a remake and if it is it'll be so far removed from the original as to be virtually unrecognisable.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't think AitD is a remake and if it is it'll be so far removed from the original as to be virtually unrecognisable.

Ok it might be a reboot/reimagining instead, but it's still about Emily Hartwood and Edward Carnby looking for her uncle, though apparently his manor is now an insane asylum instead, which IMO makes it even less interesting. Can we please just skip out on mental disabilities in horror for a decade or two?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, remake The Suffering next please.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sakurazuka posted:

No, remake The Suffering next please.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh I guess that was just a normal, hosed up, prison actually.

I feel like playing that and watching Session 9 a bunch lined up for me.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I'm ready for Remedy to blow my mind with Alan Wake 2, I am so very excited for that.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Session 9 rules so god drat hard. Best delivery of the line "gently caress You" committed to cinema.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sakurazuka posted:

There was an asylum level! The projector doctor's stomping grounds

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Man, Dead Space must be building some pretty drat good shaders with how long it's taking :sweatdrop:

e: At least 12 minutes of that on the first load. I opened it a second time and it took 7 or 7 minutes again, is this just gonna be a game where I have to sit and wait a while for the actual gameplay? At least it seems like it runs perfectly fine once I finally get into the game.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 28, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Okay, I guess it's just being kinda weird in different ways. I forgot I'd done a driver update in between, which seems like it wiped out some of that stuff, when I started it a third time it loaded quickly. Unfortunately, what led to that next restart was realizing most of the pop-up objectives and holographic overlays were bugged out so I couldn't continue, then it got stuck for long enough reloading my previous checkpoint that I gave up and totally restarted. When it's working, it seems great, but there's maybe a little fiddliness they need to work on still!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
There’s something hosed up about the graphics when DSr is in 4K. It drops to like single digits whenever it does any complicated lighting. I’m not sure what the culprit is here but it’s trashing my 3090 on low settings at random times

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Okay, I guess it's just being kinda weird in different ways. I forgot I'd done a driver update in between, which seems like it wiped out some of that stuff, when I started it a third time it loaded quickly. Unfortunately, what led to that next restart was realizing most of the pop-up objectives and holographic overlays were bugged out so I couldn't continue, then it got stuck for long enough reloading my previous checkpoint that I gave up and totally restarted. When it's working, it seems great, but there's maybe a little fiddliness they need to work on still!

Should have bought it on a proper system like an Xbox or playstation imo, I haven't seen any reports of stuff like that on the systems.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Whenever you update a graphics driver any game that caches shaders will have to redo that process.

I would recommend going into your display/graphics settings and changing your NVIDIA DLSS (or the AMD equivalent) to basic TAA post processing. When I was searching online earlier to try and figure out what Dead Space was crashing my computer regularly I found someone claiming that the graphic card specific post-processing stuff is causing issues atm.

Might help you out, and I also haven't crashed since I changed to TAA.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

Whenever you update a graphics driver any game that caches shaders will have to redo that process.

I would recommend going into your display/graphics settings and changing your NVIDIA DLSS (or the AMD equivalent) to basic TAA post processing. When I was searching online earlier to try and figure out what Dead Space was crashing my computer regularly I found someone claiming that the graphic card specific post-processing stuff is causing issues atm.

Thanks, I'll take a look into it. The next weird thing that happened was the first necromorph you meet after getting the plasma cutter starting off invisible, so it looked like the guy there was getting killed by a ghost for a bit. Or maybe the space zombies can cloak themselves now! :iiam:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Yea specifically the early part of the game in the maintenance bay goes totally wonky when the lights go off. Sub 1 fps for a little.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

I’m gonna try this and see what’s up.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

There's some definite stuttering issues at certain points, not sure if the game is just loading areas when you progress into them suddenly or if it's pulling shaders out of cache but it at least isn't nearly as bad as TCP was initially. Still noticeable though.

Having gotten further in I'm really enjoying the remake, the best change so far is that you don't have to waste money buying new weapons, you just find them in the wild and pick them up. It's p great. That and the tweaked upgrade system without any dead nodes is really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dead Space remake still got it. Yelling my rear end off over here.