Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Kurtofan posted:

she's right imo, cool and good teacher knows her poo poo

"Maybe people who are so rich it has made them arrogant they think they can go to dictator-ruled third world countries and nothing will happen to them are getting exactly what they deserve? I knew this guy and he was a jerk" shouldn't be controversial, but she threw the word "white" and "male" in there and so suddenly all the redhats are like "Oh, so it's about sexism and racism against our proud, camo and Duck Dynasty-loving culture!"

It's in our Zeitgeist that the liberals always back down, apologize, and slink off whenever the conservatives arch their backs over things like this, like cats being territorial, while conservatives double down and say "I really think the Constitution says Clinton should be shot for treason" and nothing continues to happen.

https://i.imgur.com/XMwTkC1.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
PRANK FAIL - (PRANKS GONE BRAIN DEAD) BEST REACTIONS

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

Afterwards, we were able to explore the Jerusalem shuk. It was a very cool opportunity to buy gifts for (somewhat) loved ones and practice our bargaining skills. It is safe to say that noone succeeded in lowering any price more than the equivalent of three US Dollars, but the experience was nice nonetheless.This was all followed by a short bus ride and some great birthright trip bonding with the students and soldiers.I think it is safe to say, whether academically, religiously, or socially, everyone is better for having lived this day.

​Cordially,
O. Frederick "Freddy" Warmbier

it is safe to say

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

galenanorth posted:

"Maybe people who are so rich it has made them arrogant they think they can go to dictator-ruled third world countries and nothing will happen to them are getting exactly what they deserve? I knew this guy and he was a jerk" shouldn't be controversial, but she threw the word "white" and "male" in there and so suddenly all the redhats are like "Oh, so it's about sexism and racism against our proud, camo and Duck Dynasty-loving culture!"

It's in our Zeitgeist that the liberals always back down, apologize, and slink off whenever the conservatives arch their backs over things like this, like cats being territorial, while conservatives double down and say "I really think the Constitution says Clinton should be shot for treason" and nothing continues to happen.

https://i.imgur.com/XMwTkC1.gifv

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878725385235701761

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Thatim posted:

You put money in Star Citizen.

no i didnt

im like one of the og goons who laughed and shat all over goons who gave money for that

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Agrajag posted:

no i didnt

im like one of the og goons who laughed and shat all over goons who gave money for that

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Bert Roberge posted:

Fallout 1 & 2 were infinitely better than the weird abortions that came later like unwanted Trump children.

Wrong

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

sorry i'm just REAL FUCKIN MAD that ~liberals~ have to apologize for opinions that don't fit the norm but objectively aren't wrong while moron conservatives can double down on poo poo like pizzagate or maga or kill muslims or a minimum wage is bad

every time someone apologizes it validates the opinions of the right

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Agrajag posted:

no i didnt

I believe red text

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Agrajag posted:

no i didnt

that a doobie dawg haus

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

not tired of winning

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

basically the solution is to be bernie and rile up the base but also at the same time act like trump and tell the gop they're wastes of oxygen because insulting people apparently works

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh hot, delaware is in the news. University of Delaware is the safety school for rich white northeasterners who were too stupid/not quite rich enough to get into an ivy school. When that prof says he was the same as all the bougy fucks that fail her classes, she isn't lying.

- Posted 5 minutes from campus in an apartment with a lot of grad students.
:wrong: again, fucko

I go because I'm too afraid to be far from my mommy and daddy!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Kid is bad for going to NK
NK is bad for killing the kid

Truth...in the middle? :thunk:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Thatim posted:

You put money in Star Citizen.

:NeverForget:

Lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

no that's new x-com, which is good but also death actually means something and the war effort isn't a conveyor belt meatgrinder which is lame

im talking about old x-com, where a bunch of identical rookies with guile haircuts die endlessly to alien plasma fire to hopefully scrounge up enough technology to even stand a chance of fighting at their level

also sometimes your friend is murdered by a zombie death alien and then explodes into that alien

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

basically the solution is to be bernie and rile up the base but also at the same time act like trump and tell the gop they're wastes of oxygen because insulting people apparently works

:agreed:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GobiasIndustries posted:

yep, they did each other a favor

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

GobiasIndustries posted:

no

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

GobiasIndustries posted:

it's like a horse taking a tour at the glue factory!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i think north korea is a bad and donadl trmup is a bad and republicans is a bad and

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

GobiasIndustries posted:

no the prank boy got owned as heck

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Thatim posted:

I believe red text

sure

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

no that's new x-com, which is good but also death actually means something and the war effort isn't a conveyor belt meatgrinder which is lame

im talking about old x-com, where a bunch of identical rookies with guile haircuts die endlessly to alien plasma fire to hopefully scrounge up enough technology to even stand a chance of fighting at their level

also sometimes your friend is murdered by a zombie death alien and then explodes into that alien
first old xcom had deliberate random bullshit like your plasma guns that hit 7 times doing nothing and alien plasma instagibbing your power armor dudes and i was sad they toned that down for Terror From The Deep where you can take one guaranteed extra hit before dying with the good armor and your guns will always do at least some damage

i felt cucked by not being cucked by the game engine

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

oh right, sorry.

Both sides equally bad.

Someone get me on CNN.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

first old xcom had deliberate random bullshit like your plasma guns that hit 7 times doing nothing and alien plasma instagibbing your power armor dudes and i was sad they toned that down for Terror From The Deep where you can take one guaranteed extra hit before dying with the good armor and your guns will always do at least some damage

otoh lobster closets

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

yeah i cant say it was a bad choice because it wasn't at all but there's something magical about how much x-com fuckin hates you on a personal level

though tbf terror from the deep had lobster men that were invulnerable to all early weapons except power drills so you had a bunch of elite soldiers raiding a home depot to bring down an invincible lobster behemoth

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GobiasIndustries posted:

oh right, sorry.

Both sides equally bad.

Someone get me on CNN.

*writes you a $100k check*

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Good Citizen posted:

otoh lobster closets
ain't poo poo once you find one of those alien screwdrivers where they die instantly from one hit for some reason

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
“Frog!” said Kassardis, growing panicked, “What do you mean by ‘violence is inescapable’?

“It is,” said the Frog.

“You’re a liar!” said Kassardis.

“No, I am not,” said the Frog, “Nor have I ever been. Violence is inescapable. Inseparable from life itself. Permanent. It is fixed in your cosmology. Forever. I could go on, but that’s besides the point.”

At this Kassardis was so enraged that he threw the Frog off the summit of the mountain. It bounced of a cliff and split like a wet melon, dying instantly, and posthumously proving its point to Kassardis.

Kassardis, for his part, wept.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

NICE:mmmhmm:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i felt cucked by not being cucked by the game engine life
Same

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

GobiasIndustries posted:

oh right, sorry.

Both sides equally bad.

Someone get me on CNN.

Wrong!!!

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

I blame obama like a good godfearing american

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

“Frog!” said Kassardis, growing panicked, “What do you mean by ‘violence is inescapable’?

“It is,” said the Frog.

“You’re a liar!” said Kassardis.

“No, I am not,” said the Frog, “Nor have I ever been. Violence is inescapable. Inseparable from life itself. Permanent. It is fixed in your cosmology. Forever. I could go on, but that’s besides the point.”

At this Kassardis was so enraged that he threw the Frog off the summit of the mountain. It bounced of a cliff and split like a wet melon, dying instantly, and posthumously proving its point to Kassardis.

Kassardis, for his part, wept.

:hai:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
never played fallout tactics online but i remember freeing tha human/ghoul/mutant town and taking out all the raiders without a single civilian dying and it ruled

also the ghoul tech wiz trait had the best portrait

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the problem with new xcom is everything takes forever to actually happen even when you turn off the slow-mo and turn on """"fast"""" animations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bert Roberge posted:

Fallout 1 & 2 were infinitely better than the weird abortions that came later like unwanted Trump children.

:agreed:

• Locked thread