Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.

Katreus posted:

Couldn't you just grab the other person and pull her onto your lap before ejecting? (And presumably hold on unless you want that person to go flying free)

That might work if you aren't getting auto-ejected...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

Katreus posted:

Couldn't you just grab the other person and pull her onto your lap before ejecting? (And presumably hold on unless you want that person to go flying free)

Ejection seats fling you away at pretty incredible accelerations, on the order of 12-15 G's. Pilots often suffer vertebral damage just through the compression of their bodies for a few seconds. It'd be impossible to hold onto a person through that sort of force, not to mention when the parachute fires. I'd even doubt the ability of a held person to make it out of the cockpit without shattering body parts against the frame as they leave. That's a risk in regular ejections as it is.

No, Miranda's goose is cooked if the Banshee blows up.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

GenericServices posted:

Ejection seats fling you away at pretty incredible accelerations, on the order of 12-15 G's. Pilots often suffer vertebral damage just through the compression of their bodies for a few seconds. It'd be impossible to hold onto a person through that sort of force, not to mention when the parachute fires. I'd even doubt the ability of a held person to make it out of the cockpit without shattering body parts against the frame as they leave. That's a risk in regular ejections as it is.

No, Miranda's goose is cooked if the Banshee blows up.

Hell, you have to consider that you can't hold someone in your arms during a car crash, which has less force involved.

The real solution would be a whole head ejection system. :pseudo:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zaodai posted:

Hell, you have to consider that you can't hold someone in your arms during a car crash, which has less force involved.

Exists.

Also toilets surprisingly are lostech... for the clans. One of the reasons they hate protracted fights.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

AtomikKrab posted:

Exists.

Also toilets surprisingly are lostech... for the clans. One of the reasons they hate protracted fights.

I'm aware it exists. But it's not exactly something you could hot swap into a mech.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Zaodai posted:

Like the one employed by my beloved Hatchetman and its derivatives. :colbert: You can beat me, but I'm takin' my mechs head with me! Good luck fixin' THAT salvage!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The next step is to weld on aerospace fighters onto the head slots.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Build an entire mech out of body-part ejection systems. Critical damage? The head goes flying off to protect the pilot, the rest of the mech explodes into a shower of ranged melee attacks. :smugdog:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Zaodai posted:

Build an entire mech out of body-part ejection systems. Critical damage? The head goes flying off to protect the pilot, the rest of the mech explodes into a shower of ranged melee attacks. :smugdog:

So... Voltron?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So... Voltron?

If you want to put a person in each limb. I was thinking more along the lines of just having a series of rocket punch/kicks as a final gently caress you as you fly away in your whole head ejection system. Ideally the head would be painted up with trollface. Troll Atlas!

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

SynthOrange posted:

Tranzor - Z?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"So why don't they just make the whole plane out of the stuff the Black Box is made of?"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Crockett pilot. What do you guys think about running straight to 1732? I'd pick up extra heat, but I'd earn +2 against incoming fire and have very good shots at S1 and J4.

Also, are the salamanders worth killing?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I'd say that, now that they've fired their missiles, the Salamanders are a more minor threat compared to the clan mechs, given that you always win init and they therefore cannot into leg attacking you. Since they're not part of the victory objective here, I'd say leave them alone unless you don't have LoS or range to anything else.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Crockett pilot. What do you guys think about running straight to 1732? I'd pick up extra heat, but I'd earn +2 against incoming fire and have very good shots at S1 and J4.

Also, are the salamanders worth killing?

This is pretty much what you should do, Run 5 gently caress the TAG, Beat the Exterminators face in with your guns.

Note: As long as you are 6 hexes or closer to the bowman he can't use his artillery on you. for the other guys.

1 LL, the autocannon, both srms. hold off on the rest in case the Salamanders try to raise your heat.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 15, 2012

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

PhotoKirk posted:

Mazinger - Z?

:colbert:

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009

Shoeless posted:

I'd say that, now that they've fired their missiles, the Salamanders are a more minor threat compared to the clan mechs, given that you always win init and they therefore cannot into leg attacking you. Since they're not part of the victory objective here, I'd say leave them alone unless you don't have LoS or range to anything else.

Could be a bonus objective :iiam:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Came here to post this.

Would punching/kicking the Anihillator produce any useful result?

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 16, 2012

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.

-Troika- posted:

Came here to post this.

Would punching/kicking the Anihillator produce any useful result?

The answer to this is always yes, because it's entertaining. Nothing like missing a whole round of shots then headcapping the enemy with a well-placed punch.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

enigma74 posted:

The answer to this is always yes, because it's entertaining. Nothing like missing a whole round of shots then headcapping the enemy with a well-placed punch.

After we take the pillager thats probably gonna be next. Atlas and banshee are gonna hopefully shoot the crap outta him before hand.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

This is pretty much what you should do, Run 5 gently caress the TAG, Beat the Exterminators face in with your guns.

1 LL, the autocannon, both srms. hold off on the rest in case the Salamanders try to raise your heat.

This appears to be my best option. Orders are in.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SynthOrange posted:

Better idea, weld mech heads onto aerospace fighters.

Flying Atlas skulls everywhere!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Will have my orders in tomorrow afternoon. Maybe the dice will be favorable.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

We had a 9" b&w TV. We couldn't afford translations. We had the crappy Americanized version and we liked it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's worse things PTN coulda thrown. Like an Annihillator with 5 gauss rifles :v:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

paragon1 posted:

Better idea, weld mech heads onto aerospace fighters.

Flying Atlas skulls everywhere!

What is this, Rifts?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

What is this, Rifts?

If only. I'd swoon at a Rifts miniatures wargame. :allears:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Talmonis posted:

If only. I'd swoon at a Rifts miniatures wargame. :allears:

This would be fine, as long as all the Rifts thingies, especially the blind women in skimpy outfits, were killed by an OGRE in the first turn of an LP.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
So, I've been playing around a little while I wait for peoples' orders.

Would there be any opposition to my changing the armor/structure damage diagrams to this in the next mission? I'm trying to cut down on my bookkeeping which should hopefully cut down on the number of mistakes.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Would there be any opposition to my changing the armor/structure damage diagrams to this in the next mission? I'm trying to cut down on my bookkeeping which should hopefully cut down on the number of mistakes.

Diagrams are always awesome.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

What about mechs with less than 9 in the head armor? :colbert:

Of course those are horrid t1 light mechs that die if looked at by anything T2 much less clan. :negative:

In all seriousness it looks awesome.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

PoptartsNinja posted:

J2 Pilliager
- Automatic fall in hex 1314!
- - 30 damage suffered to Left Torso (10/32 armor remains), Right Leg (33/40 armor remains), Center Torso (42/49 armor remains), Right Torso (7/32 armor remains), Center Torso (37/49), Left Arm (5/31)!
- Attempts to avoid pilot damage (4 base + 1 avoiding pilot damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

PTN, I was looking through Total Warfare last night and I noticed that piloting checks to avoid pilot damage from falls include a +1 modifier per level fallen, so this would have been a +3 modifier. Doesn't change the end result due to the roll, but it's something to keep in mind in the future if you're using those rules. I can get the page # when I get home.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
^^^ No need.

Here's what the final sheet will end up looking like:

I'm not sold on it yet, since the idea was to make the stat blocks smaller but it looks like this'll wind up taking up more space.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
If you TIMG them, though, they'll almost certainly take up less space, and anyone interested can expand them one at a time, like so:

Y1 Stalker:

While it's a depressing example to use in this circumstance, it gets my vote because it is far more readable. Plus you'll save on tag space.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Olesh posted:

If you TIMG them, though, they'll almost certainly take up less space, and anyone interested can expand them one at a time, like so:

Y1 Stalker:

While it's a depressing example to use in this circumstance, it gets my vote because it is far more readable. Plus you'll save on tag space.

TIMG'ing is a good idea, and the new format is growing on me.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
And cleaned up:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

And cleaned up:

It is pretty enough. I like it, use Timg and BAM perfect I think.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I think I'd keep the horizontal lines on the Weapons part of the Chart, but that's just me being easily confused about which line I'm reading.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

And cleaned up:

Well, it's larger, but it's also much more immediately legible and the color-coding of damage states helps isolate what's happening to a given 'Mech. If this simplifies your records and people like the way it looks, then a series of thumbnails that people can expand as they desire might work very well. The thumbnails of that image in the quotes look plenty compact to me, you'd just need to put the name of the 'Mech before each image. I think you've got a good thing there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
But it is a whole lot easier to read. I am all for this diagram.

• Locked thread