Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Bonzo posted:

I kinda secretly hope that Trump or the media starts to bash Stern again and he just goes off on everyone like the old days.

Or maybe he'll get Hillary on to talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

prefect posted:

Was just about to post that. Stuttering John was a douchebag on the show, not a "co-host". :colbert:

John keeps getting inadvertently dunked on by CNN. Now he's not even listed as a cohost, just "Unknown."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Eh, if a gay person isn't comfortable with being out it's not someone's job to mock them for denying it. HPM was a dick and did a large number of scummy things to bash or sabotage Artie like saying he'd gently caress Artie's sister or making fun of his dad being a quadriplegic or costing that charity money by getting Artie's cupcake removed(I think they said this cost the charity like 10 grand) but it's not cool to find someone you think is gay and make them feel uncomfortable about not being out.

It's good that they eventually buried the hatchet and both stopped being shitheads to each other, that was easily one of the most venom-filled rivalries on the show. It had some laughs, mostly because Artie is a comedian and can make things funny, but the rest is just brutal insults that go too far.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Word, also Mike was a straight up racist. Steve langford loves loves loves anal. Penny crone was a mentally unstable cry baby. Shuli was an unfunny suck up. And Lisa g was Lisa G. What a news team!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

BobbyK posted:

Shuli was an unfunny suck up.

Was?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"If you thought Howard's Gramma Caprio was rough, just wait until you hear mine..."

Still waiting :allears:

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

oh is he still on the air? I thought the whole news team got canned

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Teen Anal

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Orange juice, boff.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

BobbyK posted:

oh is he still on the air? I thought the whole news team got canned

Shuli is basically the wack pack wrangler now.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Former Human posted:

Shuli is basically the wack pack wrangler now.

Whackpack whisperer

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I'm hoping someone in this thread has some kinda vase glue, 'cause he beats me...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/JackieMartling/status/785213334538883072

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

GET IT? A DICK! HEAD! IT'S FUNNY! Hee hee hee hee hee!

...Laugh, dammit!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
When I hear Jackie's jokes, I crack up not at the joke, but at him hysterically laughing.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Jackie's jokes were always better when Howard told them.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'm watching the debate. Trump trying to keep calm and cool reminds me 100% of "Robo-Ronnie"

Former Human posted:

Jackie's jokes were always better when Howard told them.

:haw:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I wonder if Nancy got the jetty in the divorce.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Eh, if a gay person isn't comfortable with being out it's not someone's job to mock them for denying it. HPM was a dick and did a large number of scummy things to bash or sabotage Artie like saying he'd gently caress Artie's sister or making fun of his dad being a quadriplegic or costing that charity money by getting Artie's cupcake removed(I think they said this cost the charity like 10 grand) but it's not cool to find someone you think is gay and make them feel uncomfortable about not being out.

It's good that they eventually buried the hatchet and both stopped being shitheads to each other, that was easily one of the most venom-filled rivalries on the show. It had some laughs, mostly because Artie is a comedian and can make things funny, but the rest is just brutal insults that go too far.

Great, now I'm going to search for HPM on YouTube now. The only one that comes to mind is when HPM goes to Disneyland during Gay Week and Artie cannot stop laughing. I never knew how venomous it got because I stuck mostly to YouTube clips.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Great, now I'm going to search for HPM on YouTube now. The only one that comes to mind is when HPM goes to Disneyland during Gay Week and Artie cannot stop laughing. I never knew how venomous it got because I stuck mostly to YouTube clips.

HPM was probably the guy that Artie got the most angry with, because he would actually try to fight back and mention Artie's sister. Artie cannot handle that and loses his mind.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

haljordan posted:

I would just like to apologize to my wife Nancy for the Jessica Hahn bit. It was stupid and I will never do anything like that again.
Please dont make a mockery of this.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Actually I think Artie ignored the sister stuff but Mike went after Artie's dad and that definitely was a sign for Artie to take the gloves off once and for all.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I'm not sure if anyone made a saga(I actually think they did) but there's so much more to that rivalry than the Disneyland story. Artie made fun of him, Mike pushed back, Artie threatened to kick his rear end, Mike took that to the charity Gary was a board member on and got them to refuse the Crumb's Bakery donation they'd have gotten from the proceeds of sales of Artie's doughnut(I seem to recall it being 10 grand or more), Mike would cut bits in the back about Artie, they got one of those shrinks Howard likes to come broker peace between them and it devolved into Mike agreeing to ignore Artie but Artie making no such agreement and just bashing him relentlessly while Mike did nothing and more.

Artie said a lot of bad poo poo but Mike hit so far below the belt it was amazing Artie restrained himself because if he said that at like a Christmas party or something Artie probably would have seriously injured Mike and ended up with a hate crime charge. Easily the ugliest back-and-forth the show's ever had and that includes when Howard was at his most brutal and fought with everyone because he hated everyone.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
HPM could have taken the high road and just shrugged Artie off as a bully and junkie like everyone else did but for some reason he didn't. Keep in mind that when the Disney story broke, HPM was still in the closet so I imagine
he had been holding all of this anger inside and just let it fly knowing everyone else would take his side.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Speaking of high pitch...

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/1007-rouschop

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Crotch Bat posted:

Actually I think Artie ignored the sister stuff but Mike went after Artie's dad and that definitely was a sign for Artie to take the gloves off once and for all.

I'm not sure if anyone made a saga(I actually think they did) but there's so much more to that rivalry than the Disneyland story. Artie made fun of him, Mike pushed back, Artie threatened to kick his rear end, Mike took that to the charity Gary was a board member on and got them to refuse the Crumb's Bakery donation they'd have gotten from the proceeds of sales of Artie's doughnut(I seem to recall it being 10 grand or more), Mike would cut bits in the back about Artie, they got one of those shrinks Howard likes to come broker peace between them and it devolved into Mike agreeing to ignore Artie but Artie making no such agreement and just bashing him relentlessly while Mike did nothing and more.

Artie said a lot of bad poo poo but Mike hit so far below the belt it was amazing Artie restrained himself because if he said that at like a Christmas party or something Artie probably would have seriously injured Mike and ended up with a hate crime charge. Easily the ugliest back-and-forth the show's ever had and that includes when Howard was at his most brutal and fought with everyone because he hated everyone.

Yep, there definitely was like an eight-hour Artie vs. HPM saga on Youtube but sadly it got purged some time ago and I've never been able to find it since. It was always something I liked to keep in the rotation.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My god, and that's like a little over an hour away from me. Oh, Canada :allears: :canada:

Also there's a guy who works with me, different department, who looks like a Hispanic High-Pitch.

"¿Quién es High-Pitch? Se trata de Kelly Clarkson."

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 10, 2016

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wasn't he Hispanic? Also, what year did this all go down? HPM vs. Artie

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
HPM definitely didn't do the Artie's Dad fell off a ladder joke (written by Sal) until after Artie had mean-spiritedly abused him for a year or so. Artie's a baby who can dish it out but can't take it. HPM is painfully awkward and unfunny.

11-13-07, Frank Caliendo is in doing impressions and does a hilariously good Donald Trump, talking about how he has the best water, really the finest water, and Trump Vodka is just as good, the best, the greatest vodka.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It was always great when Artie equated Sal making fun of beer league as "mean, evil poo poo." Pretty much when anyone made fun of beer league you could hear/see Artie go on edge, even happened with Beet. Artie really was thin skinned.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

BobbyK posted:

It was always great when Artie equated Sal making fun of beer league as "mean, evil poo poo." Pretty much when anyone made fun of beer league you could hear/see Artie go on edge, even happened with Beet. Artie really was thin skinned.

I agree...but to be fair, Artie was trying to get Sal to understand he couldnt compare a small budget studio film that almost literally killed him, regardless of the reason why.....to Robins meat and vegetables.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Outside of the roasts and the initial Sal blowup, no one ever really bashed Artie about Beer League. They really should have, that movie was awful.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Outside of the roasts and the initial Sal blowup, no one ever really bashed Artie about Beer League. They really should have, that movie was awful.

He shouldn't have bothered. He's not bad in it but the movie just isn't that good at all. It's like a two hour reason never to go to New York's suburbs at all.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I agree...but to be fair, Artie was trying to get Sal to understand he couldnt compare a small budget studio film that almost literally killed him, regardless of the reason why.....to Robins meat and vegetables.

Yeah word, Sal was being a loving phony two faced moron but Artie's used the term "saying evil poo poo" more than a few times in the years I've listened to him and it makes me roll my eyes every time. And yeah, Beer League is bad, like real bad. What a lovely movie to almost kill yourself making.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Artie almost kills himself getting out of bed everyday. Im sure his drug and alcohol abuse was doing him no favors during the production of Beer League as well.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

HPM definitely didn't do the Artie's Dad fell off a ladder joke (written by Sal) until after Artie had mean-spiritedly abused him for a year or so. Artie's a baby who can dish it out but can't take it. HPM is painfully awkward and unfunny.

Agreed -- I love Artie and the show is a shell of its former self without him, but he was pretty brutal towards HPM. "I'm a gay basher and I'll bash your gay head in." HPM was only saying poo poo, which shouldn't get under any comedian's skin if they've done nightclubs with hecklers everywhere. Artie was making physical threats and I don't listen to those parts because it is cringe-inducing for sure.

...Then I listen to the Mike Walker fart clip and all is forgiven.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The reason Artie got mad about Beer League stuff is because that thing was his baby. lovely or not, Artie poured himself into that thing and it's incredibly damaging to creative people to have stuff like that poo poo on, whether they deep down agree or not. Artie's been very upfront about other lovely stuff he's done but him getting upset over people trashing Beer League makes total sense.

I mean Sal and Richard cry like babies when people poo poo on their phony phone calls for exactly the same reason and those are loving prank calls not a movie you spend years writing and making. It's not about whether it sucks or not, it's about if you're a friend to someone like that you hold back that level of criticism because you flat out will hurt them. If you don't you're probably the same rear end in a top hat who goes to someone's house for a meal and insults the cook to their face.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sal and Richard don't threaten and attack people physically if someone makes fun of their phony phone calls.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
YOURE STEALING MY loving MONEY TEDDY WHERES MY loving MONEY

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
They didn't have any at Bloomies

I swear to god, he said Bloomies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

The old school " why do you have 3 houses right next to each other " fights were so great.