Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

holy poo poo, that's hilarous.

content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Q4s_ZdvAQ Because why not

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 12 AND 13 PLATINUM PLAQUES?

LIKE 30-40 MILLION INVESTED BY SPRINT, COCKSUCKER! BEAT IT!

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

whodatwhere posted:

holy poo poo, that's hilarous.

content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Q4s_ZdvAQ Because why not

Gucci Lemonade best Lemonade sorry Beyoncé

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Been listening to a lot of 07-08 Gucci and I can't believe how many flows he had and his willingness to jump on any beat. Dude was a monster.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Besson posted:

This is still my fave Gucci song

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Jay-Z should've faked his death a decade ago.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
When whoever posted that sprint code, you made Hov go platinum. Ask for a plaque yourself

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Besson posted:

Oh hell yea

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bows1 posted:

When whoever posted that sprint code, you made Hov go platinum. Ask for a plaque yourself
I made 4:44 go platinum by sharing that link with all my friends and suggesting they download their free copies to get around subbing to Tidal :negative:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
👀 https://www.instagram.com/p/BWRTkeShPVY/

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jay-Z triggering half the thread is really funny

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Golds on top of fake teeth? That's an expensive rear end smile.

I got 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Ms in my bank account, in my bank account, in my bank account.

RBX posted:

Jay-Z triggering half the thread is really funny

It just seems very unearned for the whole fanfare of "13th platinum plaque" without actually engaging in sales, etc. Like, of course people are gonna download something for free. It doesn't fit with the investment of buying an album or listening to it so many times on a streaming service. Platinum is tough as hell in this day and age and requires a lot behind it to make it happen. This is like rules lawyering to get a plaque.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 8, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The only thing hov triggers is his own gag reflex sucking on corporate cock

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jonathan Fisk posted:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
How are you 42 years old, wearing open toe sandals with jeans, and you the king of NY?

temple fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 8, 2017

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Protect jay z.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Crumbletron posted:

This is still my fave Gucci song

Honestly I can't wrap my head around how there are three completely different sounding verses (all amazing) and a seemingly limitless amount of wordplay around lemons and the colour yellow. And the beat is really good.

A true classic.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Also his "Wow" and "What" adlibs are really goofy but in a good way

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I don't care about jay z at all

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Boywhiz88 posted:

It just seems very unearned for the whole fanfare of "13th platinum plaque" without actually engaging in sales, etc. Like, of course people are gonna download something for free. It doesn't fit with the investment of buying an album or listening to it so many times on a streaming service. Platinum is tough as hell in this day and age and requires a lot behind it to make it happen. This is like rules lawyering to get a plaque.
Either way it's irrelevant because it will be double platinum in a month or two from actual sales and streams. If it were any other rapper aside from Jay, Em, Kanye, or Drake I could see the argument, but those guys are inevitably getting a plaque.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
^efb

Boywhiz88 posted:

lmao. Like a month after it goes up on Apple/Spotify It's going to go platinum from streams.

All this did was increase the speed of it. MCHG went 2x Platinum in the first year.

Also at the end of the day. It still doesn't matter. Either you like the music on the album or you don't. Sales only matter for the artist, and dumb fans.

Unless you're laughing at Yachty's album going triple charcoal. But seriously, most of my favorite artists don't sell poo poo for albums.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 8, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Robert Analog posted:

I don't care about jay z at all

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I care about Jay Z's financial success because it symbolizes my aspirations to poo poo on all the people that didn't think I was cool.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

when did anyone ever think jayz wasnt cool

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

except for white internet posters in 2017

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Why is 21 Savage capable of making love songs better than some artists whose lane that is? They're not something I'm gonna listen to regularly, but they're way better than I would have expected Overall, the album is a solid 4 stars out 5 for me.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

Why is 21 Savage capable of making love songs better than some artists whose lane that is? They're not something I'm gonna listen to regularly, but they're way better than I would have expected Overall, the album is a solid 4 stars out 5 for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHt0p11Vj9M

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

21 savage love songs made me want to bury my head in the sand wtf are you talking about

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

40 lbs to freedom posted:

except for white internet posters in 2017

Yup.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aznJJir__oE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFsO7tmfT_s

I wonder if Kanye's gonna put it on wax or just take his ball and go home.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If he does it's just going to be complaining about how he feels betrayed

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Very valid point.

21 savage love songs made me want to bury my head in the sand wtf are you talking about

They come off as sincere and in earnest. Like, singing about how they can be drunk all weekend instead of how he wants to be a better person.

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
young thug is a more technically gifted rapper than jay z and Eminem combined

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
protect thugger at all costs

temple
Jul 29, 2006

15 year old spotted.

good electric posted:

young thug is a more technically gifted rapper than jay z and Eminem combined
:thunk:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

dp

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
this jay z album is flames -someone in 2017

HOW IS THE KING OF NEW YORK WEARING OPEN TOED SANDALS WITH JEANS THO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Fuuture is the king of NY tbh.