Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

According to r/DS the leaks prove Derek was wrong about CIG being out of money. Amazon isn't the publisher, it's a partnership. Also Tony Z can't be fired.. I just saw him yesterday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5zkg17/dks_on_twitter_there_is_a_rumor_going_around_that/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shaking My Erect Dick? Shaking My Elongated Dong? I'm really not up on internet acronyms.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

MilesK posted:

According to r/DS the leaks prove Derek was wrong about CIG being out of money. Amazon isn't the publisher, it's a partnership. Also Tony Z can't be fired.. I just saw him yesterday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5zkg17/dks_on_twitter_there_is_a_rumor_going_around_that/
these people sure do like their spacegame

once 3.0 hits with multiple habitable worlds and moons and base building and trading and mining and NPCs and advanced subsumption AI and dock workers and rovers and repairing and bounty hunting and hand to hand combat and new missions all in a seamless universe, we'll all be shown the error of our ways

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
and tamable pets

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, for Cry 4 and Cry 5, there are some new things coming out:

:laffo:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Shaking My Erect Dick? Shaking My Elongated Dong? I'm really not up on internet acronyms.

smedley, slayer of games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smedley_(video_games)

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Lazrin posted:

pathetic

Indeed.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MilesK posted:

It's nice to see the pedantry in such an advanced state. They must be worried if they are rushing out to pull a MoMA and argue over the technical semantics of the wording of what the leaks said.

"Nuh uh Derek was wrong because he said CIG was out of money but they have money obviously from Amazon, which means they were out of money and needed money from Amazon."

"NUH UH, it's a partner not a publisher."

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

It's important to know who Smed is because if all of this turns out to be true then gaming has been forever changed, a new epoch of man has dawned as the guy that failed with Everquest Next takes his failure to the failure of Star Citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM_PaqzLGTg

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Goobs posted:

why are people still talking about amazon buying star citizen when the agent wrote in my opinion after he said that stuff? its like you all just ignored the fact that its bullshit just to theorycraft why its so bad. the thread is bad again.

Theorycrafting about absolute bullshit is kinda the best thing going for Star Citizen. Go look for the Multicrew, Joystick vs M/K, or PVP Slider topics on the RSI forums.

Whining and not even bothering to post a catte pic after sniping the page. Don't want to point any fingers... but I might know who is stinking up the thread.

Goobs posted:

keep getting defensive over the dumbest poo poo on the internet, it looks reallll good on you.
Is there anything anywhere on these forums that isn't the "dumbest poo poo on the internet"?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
Also keep in mind, theres no reason why Amazon needs to even "partner" with CIG.

If CIG is using lumberyard and AWS, amazon can boast that fact all they want without having to pay a dime. I mean, its in the licensing agreement for lumberyard that they HAVE to show that in the games splash screen.

CIG however, is compelled to use AWS because its better, cheaper solution than google cloud services. And Lumberyard makes sense because its the same version of cryengine they were already using but with AWS integration. Amazon developers are apparently better at modifying the crytek engine than the original developers that work for CIG (...think about that.) And by switching to Lumberyard, they can avoid paying royalties to Crytek in the future (which was surely part of the original licensing agreement), so its like a triple win.

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 15, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

and tamable pets

with location based damage

Errrrr, so you've formed a bond with your pet eh, as is the inevitable consequence and whole point of having a pet? Errrrr, and it's going to die? Errr well you can pay real money to save it! :homebrew:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ripptide posted:

Maybe, but I still have problems with the idea that Amazon would, essentially, take on a 145+ million dollar liability for a product that has already been sold to the majority of customers that would buy it. Not to mention what it will take to get it to an MVP level that wouldn't crucify them on release.

A company taking over CRoberts will probably null all the pledges outside of whats released at the time. Like if you paid 5k for some awesome sperg chariots and they are nowhere near completed then they'll tell them they are hosed and they'll get a consolation package instead. Or take a page out of CIG best practices and just tell them that they'll be out in two weeks and never actually give anything at all to them.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

So I watched TV on TV for the first time in years and it left me with 2 questions. Why was Chris Roberts picture used in an ad for Charter(Spectrum) cable?..

Oh, and why do cable companies advertise so heavily on their own cable systems?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

my eyes go to that exposed plywood like a magnet, my retinas and brain can only discern tables and surfaces hewn from disused WW2 aircraft

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
hahaha

smedley: teleported players into space as punishment for protesting something in SWG

crobberts: teleported players into space randomly as a result of incompetence + cryengine

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, for Cry 4 and Cry 5, there are some new things coming out:

There are more things coming out for the switch than for that stink of an engine

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

like smed and roberts are having meetings but obviously it has nothing to do with amazon or cig its just two buds doing bud stuff

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Even ignoring free servers if Amazon is giving them free bandwidth for their patches, that's 10 million right there.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Also there's a rule of thumb for thread rumours, if it seems way too dumb to be true, it's true but only tells half the story.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

AP posted:

Also there's a rule of thumb for thread rumours, if it seems way too dumb to be true, it's true but only tells half the story.

I like to think that the reason for Star Citizen failing is the reign of Chris Robberts, or the Rule of Thumb(head).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

Say CIG pays $.05/GB to Amazon for transfers from cloud to internet (farthest down their chart shows) and assuming the normal 30 Gig download, one would have to download/patch the game 30 times to cost CIG the expense of a $45 starter package.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

my eyes go to that exposed plywood like a magnet, my retinas and brain can only discern tables and surfaces hewn from disused WW2 aircraft

Ah, first thing my eyes go to is the dude on the left's strange chin beard that points forward. :)

Then it goes to the dude in the stripey top who's body language suggests he may be about to murder the guy playing the game in front of him, or it's just a photo taken as he leaned in a bit. :D

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Cao Ni Ma posted:

A company taking over CRoberts will probably null all the pledges outside of whats released at the time. Like if you paid 5k for some awesome sperg chariots and they are nowhere near completed then they'll tell them they are hosed and they'll get a consolation package instead. Or take a page out of CIG best practices and just tell them that they'll be out in two weeks and never actually give anything at all to them.

Nope, you can't get rid of obligations that easily. Chrysler got shut down and a new company was created with the same name, given government help, and a Federal judge had to specifically approve of the original Chrysler's obligations being voided and disconnected from the new company, and there is still litigation about that decision today. That was only done because the industry was important to the health of nation's economy and industrial base.

Otherwise, it would be way too open for abuse for any company to shrug financial obligations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

hot balls man no homo posted:

I like to think that the reason for Star Citizen failing is the reign of Chris Robberts, or the Rule of Thumb(head).

Don't go in dere, yall gon get killed by Thumbhead! :ohdear:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Look you insufferable idiot, theagent's stated multiple times that every single statement he's ever made is made up bullshit so there's nothing separating this from his other stuff

i dont even know whats real anymore.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

HycoCam posted:

Whining and not even bothering to post a catte pic after sniping the page. Don't want to point any fingers... but I might know who is stinking up the thread.

thread doesnt deserve bart at this point imo.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

trucutru posted:

There are more things coming out for the switch than for that stink of an engine

the switch is good. first time i actually played a console game for more than an hour without getting bored.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

AP posted:

"in my opinion" is what one of the reddit idiots writes as protection after saying stuff he might get sued for. If you want any other thread jokes explained just hit me up via pm.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Goobs posted:

who are you even?

Who are you???!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Haha that was funny.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

Who are you???!

im you

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Goobs posted:

its so crazy how Apple is buying CIG out and star citizen will be made by ex-Rare developers.

here's a couple youtube video links because im an edgy queeflord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xroagimY5Ys

https://www.youtube.com//watch?v=O4D81Kp6w2I

now i want to gently caress a duck. what is wrong with me?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

Nope, you can't get rid of obligations that easily. Chrysler got shut down and a new company was created with the same name, given government help, and a Federal judge had to specifically approve of the original Chrysler's obligations being voided and disconnected from the new company, and there is still litigation about that decision today. That was only done because the industry was important to the health of nation's economy and industrial base.

Otherwise, it would be way too open for abuse for any company to shrug financial obligations.

What financial obligations are you talking about? Creditors?

Customers get routinely told to pound sand.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

AP posted:

Haha that was funny.

im glad you finally got it. don't worry, the cool thing about forums is you can go back and read things you don't understand until things click.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Goobs posted:

im glad you finally got it. don't worry, the cool thing about forums is you can go back and read things you don't understand until things click.

Even if it takes several times I bet.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
thread got weird

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Colostomy Bag posted:

What financial obligations are you talking about? Creditors?

Customers get routinely told to pound sand.

Only really in a chapter 7 bankruptcy, which would mean everything is over, assets are liquidated under court authority, and Star Citizen is dead. Proceeds would be paid out cents on the dollar, in some order of importance a court endorses. It's investors and unsecured creditors that get told to pound sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

TheAgent posted:

ps4 bud :3

I have it ordered for PS4.