Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

At least in Texas, the roads were tolled to recoup the cost of construction. Supposedly when it was paid off, plus I assume some sort of fee for the builder, the road would convert to a regular highway. As far as I know that has never happened once.

It happened in Georgia. Highway 400 from Atlanta to Buckhead was a toll road, then it was fully paid off and the toll booths were removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Colostomy Bag posted:

I always get a chuckle with the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Sort of expensive, not the best, but my god they have mile markers every loving 1/10 of a mile.

The Netherlands has hectometer markers every (you guessed it) 100 meters along all national roads.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

u brexit ukip it posted:

The Netherlands has hectometer markers every (you guessed it) 100 meters along all national roads.

So it has like 50 of em?

e: according to Wikipedia, The netherlands has 2,808 km of expressways. 2,800kms wouldn't even get me to Toronto.

If i drove east for 2800kms, i would still be 2000kms away from the east coast.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 19, 2019

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Let's play "drunk or hyper-miler"

https://i.imgur.com/x0OC6xA.mp4

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Powershift posted:

So it has like 50 of em?

e: according to Wikipedia, The netherlands has 2,808 km of expressways. 2,800kms wouldn't even get me to Toronto.

If i drove east for 2800kms, i would still be 2000kms away from the east coast.

Drive east from the Netherlands for 2800km and you end up at the Russian border, after driving through all of Germany and Poland :ussr:

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Powershift posted:

Let's play "drunk or hyper-miler"

https://i.imgur.com/x0OC6xA.mp4

She seems fun.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I wonder what she blew?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dagen H posted:

I wonder what she blew?

He's standing right there

:haw:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Goober Peas posted:

He's standing right there

:haw:

Hence the cigarette

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

monsterzero posted:

She seems fun.

The novelty of being with a fun-loving, totally not an alcoholic, just always something to celebrate wears off fast

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

u brexit ukip it posted:

Drive east from the Netherlands for 2800km and you end up at the Russian border, after driving through all of Germany and Poland :ussr:

I'm talking about a road trip, not a world war. :haw:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Colostomy Bag posted:

I always get a chuckle with the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Sort of expensive, not the best, but my god they have mile markers every loving 1/10 of a mile.

I was in a band and we ran out of money at the end of tour, had to borrow gas money to drive from Buffalo, New York to southeastern Ohio starting at like 7 pm. My job was to sit in the passenger seat and keep our driver awake throughout the night. I'm pretty sure I started hallucinating, but Pennsylvania was a huge part of that drive and knowing exactly how many tenths of a mile were passing when you desperately want to be at home and sleep is maddening.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 20, 2019

One Nut Wonder
Mar 17, 2009
Well, I guess that technically correct.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress the deer you share a road with. Been dodging them 25 years and it took a two pronged attack from both sides of the road to finally get me.

Worst part is I'm 1500 miles from home and am gonna be That Guy with a single headlight for a couple weeks.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Now leave it parked there for 15 minutes while she goes inside the store.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

xzzy posted:

gently caress the deer you share a road with. Been dodging them 25 years and it took a two pronged attack from both sides of the road to finally get me.

Worst part is I'm 1500 miles from home and am gonna be That Guy with a single headlight for a couple weeks.

Did Kentucky get you too? You'd think with all the guns and hunters, they'd cull more of the herd

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Did Kentucky get you too? You'd think with all the guns and hunters, they'd cull more of the herd

Montana. But, same. Orange is their Sunday finery.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

The Door Frame posted:

We’ve done too good at bringing them back. Need more hunters

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

I was so perplexed by the fact that women appears to only be wearing a shirt (and maybe sandals? I can't tell) that it took me a moment to see the crazy-driver part of this photo.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
To me that looks exactly like somebody with a land yacht was blocking her from getting in normally.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

PT6A posted:

I was so perplexed by the fact that women appears to only be wearing a shirt (and maybe sandals? I can't tell) that it took me a moment to see the crazy-driver part of this photo.

I like the fact that the dude on the left matches your avatar with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth as he makes his way to the pumps.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Colostomy Bag posted:

I like the fact that the dude on the left matches your avatar with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth as he makes his way to the pumps.

I didn't notice that at first, but now I like that too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some jerk tried to ramp his RV onto a ferry and now he's dead

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/tadoussac-ferry-crash-1.5187948

there's nothing left of that thing.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Saw some impatient guy decide to turn right from the left turn lane, just waited at the red til the light turned and went for it, cutting off 3 lanes of traffic!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Powershift posted:

Some jerk tried to ramp his RV onto a ferry and now he's dead

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/tadoussac-ferry-crash-1.5187948

there's nothing left of that thing.

The article said it was a mechanical issue, and I could believe it. RVs tend to have poor maintenance because the owners either drive it once a year and otherwise neglect it, or they spend all their time at campsites or RV parks and just don't think of it as a vehicle. And they are fiberglass boxes on a frame with little structural integrity. That Top Gear RV race was wild as everything fell off and the walls collapsed et al.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

CannonFodder posted:

RVs tend to have poor maintenance because the owners either drive it once a year and otherwise neglect it

Don't doxx me

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

The article said it was a mechanical issue, and I could believe it. RVs tend to have poor maintenance because the owners either drive it once a year and otherwise neglect it, or they spend all their time at campsites or RV parks and just don't think of it as a vehicle. And they are fiberglass boxes on a frame with little structural integrity. That Top Gear RV race was wild as everything fell off and the walls collapsed et al.

Crash test vid of some RVs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuNOarORALM

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I figured that they would be bad, but not "everyone dies at 45mph" bad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

EightBit posted:

I figured that they would be bad, but not "everyone dies at 45mph" bad.

Could you imagine a chinese RV

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Powershift posted:

Could you imagine a chinese RV

They exist, but they've all fallen apart within minutes of leaving the assembly line.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oh, i know they exist.

from my browser history

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det....51803006zN1XLE

I wanna mount that on the back of an old ford big job

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Protocol7 posted:

They exist, but they've all fallen apart within minutes of leaving the assembly line.

When did Musk announce a Tesla RV?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Powershift posted:

Oh, i know they exist.

from my browser history

A shell of moistened sawdust spraypainted silver.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Powershift posted:

Oh, i know they exist.

from my browser history

They did a good job, I can't quite make out the duct tape where they stuck the two trailers together.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

You know you're in a certain area of Wisconsin when you're sharing the road with a MRAP and a HEMTT.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dagen H posted:

Don't doxx me

Check your tires before you move it instead of 30 miles down the road when one blows out.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Don't know if anyone posted the video.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/p94r9tK

NSFW because we know there guy died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

um excuse me posted:

Don't know if anyone posted the video.