Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

what the gently caress

I meant angels but I’m dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The Sex Cannon posted:

Cross Post!

I think the power fist guy might be my favorite Primaris model yet.

Wow you weren't kidding that replacement iron halo looks great.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

adamantium|wang posted:

In true Forgeworld fashion however they forgot to add a rule that lets you disembark so you have to sit tight in your can for a turn before you can get out

Do you ever wonder if FW is just where old GW designers go to retire

But seriously, how do they not have a template sheet for vehicles with this poo poo already added

E: on a positive note, the in-house art for their news articles is adorable

:3:

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 6, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Neurolimal posted:

Do you ever wonder if FW is just where old GW designers go to retire

But seriously, how do they not have a template sheet for vehicles with this poo poo already added

E: on a positive note, the in-house art for their news articles is adorable

:3:

Hiring the Eagle Ordinary lass was a genius move, those doodles are rad as heck. Cheetos-cron is my spirit guide.

Oh hey speaking of her, here she is in a lil' Adepticon montage Community just stuck up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDknFD7m92I

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Shockeh posted:

I want that Raven Guard skin recipe The Sex Cannon.

1. Rakarth Flesh basecoat
2. Reikland flesh-shade wash
3. Go back over the raised and smooth parts with Rakarth Flesh
4. Pallid Wych Flesh highlight
5. Black dot on the eye (the iris and sclera are both black for the Raven Guard)

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
It seems Ad Mech are very popular at the mo, eBay is awash with the Necron half of Forgebane, while the Ad Mech side is significantly harder to find, and more expensive. I'm so close to taking the Ad Mech plunge myself, but I really love the 30K Robits like the Thanatar and don't like Skitarii, so I can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

One_Wing posted:

I wondered if that was the event you’d been talking about when I saw it come up on FB. I’ll definitely make it unless there’s a clash.

Also, I am making Tides of War in the end, and oh dear it’s in 2 weeks so I ought to stop putting off re-painting my last two guardians.

Motivating myself to paint stuff for tourney armies has been hard with the pending FAQ still hovering, because a whole lot could change about what’s viable depending on what catches the nerf bat.

Yeah I have 15 Blood Angel Scouts and 6 mortar bases to have ready in time for Tides. It's not looking good. Hope you make it in August!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lungboy posted:

It seems Ad Mech are very popular at the mo, eBay is awash with the Necron half of Forgebane, while the Ad Mech side is significantly harder to find, and more expensive. I'm so close to taking the Ad Mech plunge myself, but I really love the 30K Robits like the Thanatar and don't like Skitarii, so I can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

I imagine being Imperium-slottable helps a lot with their popularity. That and IMO it's in some ways easier to pretty up a metallic-heavy model like skitarii compared to that sweet spot of being too flat to get away with that too much, but too complicated to pull a space marine lining and call it a day.

Also, babyknight vs. roboworm.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

ineptmule posted:

There are some great clubs in London if you find yourself here again. The London Wargaming Guild meets on Mondays and is really central and there’s a major club (that I’ve never been to) out East called HATE (they are a Wargaming club and not a far right group, honest - it stands for Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts... I think I’d change the name if I was given the opportunity :blush:)

Resident HATEr checking in - that name's never changing. Although we've decided to spell out the acronym more these days...

Corrode posted:

I know a bunch of the HATE guys from back in 5th ed, half the club is basically crusty punk dudes with awesome armies. They're usually pretty fun although at Starsmash one year they ended up falling out with everyone because one dude was drunk and yelling at the top of his voice the entire Saturday, to the point that if you were near him it was hard to even talk to the guy you were playing against. The problem was solved on the Sunday because he'd lost his voice :v:

Is it bad that off the top of my head, this could easily describe 4 or 5 people at the club?

Soggy Chips posted:

Know of any SW London ways?
In related London chat, is Salute worth having a look at?

Salute's great for destroying your bank balance, less so for gaming - although this year I've decided I'm going to actually try some of the demo/special games.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Neurolimal posted:

I imagine being Imperium-slottable helps a lot with their popularity. That and IMO it's in some ways easier to pretty up a metallic-heavy model like skitarii compared to that sweet spot of being too flat to get away with that too much, but too complicated to pull a space marine lining and call it a day.

Also, babyknight vs. roboworm.

Yeah I got some AdMech Forgebane stuff the other day when it was still plentiful but at this point I might as well see if I can get a discounted box somewhere because I'm not going to save much and I can use the Necrons for kill team or something in the future.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Gaming clubs are private institutions with dedicated spaces and everything, right?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Gaming clubs are private institutions with dedicated spaces and everything, right?

Depends on how they are formed.

In my experience though, yes.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

glitchkrieg posted:

Salute's great for destroying your bank balance, less so for gaming - although this year I've decided I'm going to actually try some of the demo/special games.

Yeah it strikes me a super retail heavy and I've already used my discretionary spend this month.
That said would be interesting to see a demo or two and what crazy models I wouldn't otherwise see IRL like at Forgeworld's stand.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

HATE is based at a working men's club, which is something that's dying as an institution. Except ours is rather special and so will be around for years to come because it also doubles as great gig/performance space.

We have storage space out the back, which lets us keep all our terrain/etc. there instead of shipping it about twice a week.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Soggy Chips posted:

Yeah it strikes me a super retail heavy and I've already used my discretionary spend this month.
That said would be interesting to see a demo or two and what crazy models I wouldn't otherwise see IRL like at Forgeworld's stand.

Last year I went and basically hoovered up business cards for any places that had models I wanted, so it's still useful for that. There are loads of tiny businesses that you'd never find otherwise.

As for places in the SW - tried Dark Sphere? It's Waterloo but probably easier to get to than the other clubs mentioned. Pretty decent shop (although I've heard rumours they're a bit poo poo to work for) that has tables that can be booked for games.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

glitchkrieg posted:

Is it bad that off the top of my head, this could easily describe 4 or 5 people at the club?

I first learned HATE existed because you all were well known for volume, ha. It was a little annoying at the time but funny in retrospect. Toby was the dude in the story, he had a great renegade(?) Guard army. I think there's an annual HATE vs. Vanguard thing that goes on? I wasn't involved, I'm not really in Vanguard any more.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah in the UK it's mostly a group of dudes renting out a village hall or something. American-style dedicated game stores with table space etc. are becoming more common here than they used to be. My city's one is very good and there's a ton of us now who aren't in clubs but just play through the Facebook group there.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zasze posted:

I meant angels but I’m dumb.

Why is a carcharodon loving around with blood angels

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

Why is a carcharodon loving around with blood angels

I mean, they don't have chapter tactics of their own and it fits as well as anything.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That's really my biggest complaint for 8e marines, Chapter Approved marine chapters were pretty cool, and some old characters are in a weird situation without a way to hand out that keyword (like Elam Corbray letting nearby FIRE HAWKS reroll 1 hit rolls....but FIRE HAWK units dont exist except for Elam himself). I mean obviously in casual games with non-assholes they should be willing to let you just count your dudes as <chapter>, but pretty awkward for RAW tourneys.

Minotaurs can go piss off (despite being a cool and practical concept) due to the Grey Knights/Inquisition binary of "most of this unit's power is stuck in facing certain armies".

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Pendent posted:

I mean, they don't have chapter tactics of their own and it fits as well as anything.

I see. 8th Edition truly is Amazing and Good beyond comprehension.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

None of that is a problem? You just use FIRE HAWKS instead of <CHAPTER> and then pick a trait as normal, exactly as the codex tells you to.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

That's really my biggest complaint for 8e marines, Chapter Approved marine chapters were pretty cool, and some old characters are in a weird situation without a way to hand out that keyword (like Elam Corbray letting nearby FIRE HAWKS reroll 1 hit rolls....but FIRE HAWK units dont exist except for Elam himself). I mean obviously in casual games with non-assholes they should be willing to let you just count your dudes as <chapter>, but pretty awkward for RAW tourneys.

Oh, I thought FW had officially said you could use whatever tactic you want for their unique chapters until they get around to releasing updated rules. I'm having trouble finding the exact article I'm thinking of but this is sort of close:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/18/choosing-the-right-chapter-tactic-for-your-successorsgw-homepage-post-4/

Mango Polo posted:

I see. 8th Edition truly is Amazing and Good beyond comprehension.

That's really not an 8th edition problem so much as it is Forgeworld not releasing rules for their stuff and just sort of handwaving it away for the moment.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Corrode posted:

None of that is a problem? You just use FIRE HAWKS instead of <CHAPTER> and then pick a trait as normal, exactly as the codex tells you to.

Derp on my part then. That's pretty much my only concern with this army so I'm glad that's taken care of.

Just wish Primaris troops could take plasma.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

That's really not an 8th edition problem so much as it is Forgeworld not releasing rules for their stuff and just sort of handwaving it away for the moment.
Even so, wouldn't Space Sharks fall under the standard marine codex and not the Blood Angels one?

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

glitchkrieg posted:

As for places in the SW - tried Dark Sphere? It's Waterloo but probably easier to get to than the other clubs mentioned. Pretty decent shop (although I've heard rumours they're a bit poo poo to work for) that has tables that can be booked for games.

A few mates have recommended Dark Sphere, but haven't checked it out yet as I live in zone 6 and I'm lazy.
Here's hoping this one in Chessington tonight is already as is relatively local.
This will be my third game of 40K, so will see how hard I get curbstomped

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Even so, wouldn't Space Sharks fall under the standard marine codex and not the Blood Angels one?

Their 7thed rules gave them Fear and let them replace bolters with chainswords or buy another melee weapon at a +1pt tax

Blood Angels' do an alright job simulating this with easier wounding (with Tyberos providing the extra STR half)

Fluffwise they're a Raven Guard (but that tactic doesnt gel with them too well)

GW recommends White Scars for carcs apparently (and isnt bad since Tyberos is about them deep strikes)

My bet is if they got 8e rules they would probably get loyalist Night Lords rules. Especially since they're hinted at being chimeric Ravens and Lords.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 6, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Neurolimal posted:

Just wish Primaris troops could take plasma.

That isn't likely to happen for fluff reasons, which is unfortunate.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That isn't likely to happen for fluff reasons, which is unfortunate.

Guessing the reasoning is that Cawl really doesnt want his experiments blowing themselves up?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Neurolimal posted:

Guessing the reasoning is that Cawl really doesnt want his experiments blowing themselves up?

No, they we're based on the old school approach of giving everyone in the unit the same weapon.

Cawl cares less about his experiments than the Emperor.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Soggy Chips posted:

A few mates have recommended Dark Sphere, but haven't checked it out yet as I live in zone 6 and I'm lazy.
Here's hoping this one in Chessington tonight is already as is relatively local.
This will be my third game of 40K, so will see how hard I get curbstomped

Good luck with the game tonight - one thing I can plug about HATE is that it's really not WAAC, and responds really well to fluffy/non-competitive lists. Come down on a Sunday, if the travel to zone 6 is too severe for a weekday!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No, they we're based on the old school approach of giving everyone in the unit the same weapon.

Right, forgot for a moment that Plasma is usually a special weapon deal. I'd ask "why not give them all plasmas?" But fluffwise that already exists (Inceptors).

Oh well, at least the 3 Inceptors and Captain can get suicide immunity with their boy Elam.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Their 7thed rules gave them Fear and let them replace bolters with chainswords or buy another melee weapon at a +1pt tax

Blood Angels' do an alright job simulating this with easier wounding (with Tyberos providing the extra STR half)

Fluffwise they're a Raven Guard (but that tactic doesnt gel with them too well)

GW recommends White Scars for carcs apparently (and isnt bad since Tyberos is about them deep strikes)

My bet is if they got 8e rules they would probably get loyalist Night Lords rules. Especially since they're hinted at being chimeric Ravens and Lords.

:allears:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I really wish GW would provide rules for Inceptor Captains, Inceptor Lieutenants, and Gravis Lieutenants. I think that would go a long way towards adding some needed flexibility to Primaris and Marine Armies.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

adamantium|wang posted:

Rules for the Termite are up. Chaos version too.

They are a 106 point T8 W10 transport for 12 non-Primaris marines that causes a mortal wound to units within 12" when it deep strikes.

In true Forgeworld fashion however they forgot to add a rule that lets you disembark so you have to sit tight in your can for a turn before you can get out. I guess at least you can move them? Maybe try to get within range of the 8" melta pistol it comes with?

E: I just realised being a pistol you can either shoot the melta cutter or the storm bolters but never both

And they also decided to tack on the rule where the Chaos one randomly eats embarked models again, even though those were (smartly) removed from the helforged drop pods in the 8th edition index

It'd be fine with me if Forgeworld just stopped writing rules for 40k

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I really wish GW would provide rules for Inceptor Captains, Inceptor Lieutenants, and Gravis Lieutenants. I think that would go a long way towards adding some needed flexibility to Primaris and Marine Armies.

I'd much prefer they gave us non-gravis jump troops and captains.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don’t care what kind of armor they wear. I just want some dedicated assault Primaris with jump packs.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Randomly eating models seems like an extra weird drawback when Chaos has....quite a few ways to teleport and deep strike and summon cheap units already.

I like the fluffy aspect (vehicle that eats people! OoooooOOOOOoo) but yeah, gone in the first place for a good raisin.

e: reading the PDF, I could see this actually not being too bad if your interest is in the drill itself (and can keep it alive through a turn), since nommed units heal it. Rock Eater seems pretty fierce. Sub Assault applying aoe wounds also seems great for mobs but I assume that's in both versions, and is more of a threat to cultists than marines.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 6, 2018

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Meh, it could be worse. I own both an ork Mega Dread(which has yet to get rules for 8th despite still being sold) and a Plague Hulk, which has rules but they ducked up the keywords so you can't use it in anything but a generic "chaos" detachment. (Both demon and nurgle keywords are in the regular keywords section rather than the faction keywords)

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
That community video owned.

Got a response from Borderlands Games: they put in their pre-orders a week early, GW froze their account, they're a mom-and-pop single store in Oregon, and pop has major medical issues. Lastly, they'd be willing to give me some sort of deal to keep my money. I have no idea why it took a PayPal intervention for all of this to come forward--if any of it is even true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Havoc sergeant face is really great