Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Level complete https://zippy.gfycat.com/MajesticMedicalAmericanshorthair.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Fathis Munk posted:

That's what 15k new physics objects will do I guess. I love how they drop in a continuous stream.

Cheese blizzards will also do that apparently.

This reminds me of a video I saw once, but haven't been able to find since. In Dark Souls, there's an item that basically turns your head into a dragon head and allows you to breath fire. But thanks to a glitch, you could also spit out things called prism stones that basically just sit on the ground and emit sparkles. So some people started using this as a way to grief invaders by just walking around in circles infinitely spitting out prism stones until the frame rate either slowed to a crawl or the game just crashed from trying to render all the little sparkles everywhere.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kimmalah posted:

Cheese blizzards will also do that apparently.

This reminds me of a video I saw once, but haven't been able to find since. In Dark Souls, there's an item that basically turns your head into a dragon head and allows you to breath fire. But thanks to a glitch, you could also spit out things called prism stones that basically just sit on the ground and emit sparkles. So some people started using this as a way to grief invaders by just walking around in circles infinitely spitting out prism stones until the frame rate either slowed to a crawl or the game just crashed from trying to render all the little sparkles everywhere.

Here's someone showing it off in singleplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aJXTdnVEIU

You could also use the glitch with throwing knives which will stunlock other players to death. It was fixed though so it can't be done anymore.

RatHat has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Mar 1, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

RatHat posted:

Here's someone showing it off in singleplayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aJXTdnVEIU

You could also use the glitch with throwing knives which will stunlock other players to death. It was fixed though so it can't be done anymore.

The one I saw slowed the frame rate down so badly that every time the player moved the whole screen would just turn into this blurry smear. :v:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Greatbacon posted:

Anyway, here's a video from MGSV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSnkqk-MeC0

I'm not sure if it really counts as a glitch, since it looks like the designers anticipated something like this happening, but still. I can't stop laughing at it.

That's amazing, but probably a better fit for the Little Things in Games thread.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Greatbacon posted:

Nothing quite as serene as a Watermelonfall.

Anyway, here's a video from MGSV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSnkqk-MeC0

I'm not sure if it really counts as a glitch, since it looks like the designers anticipated something like this happening, but still. I can't stop laughing at it.

The best part about this? Those don't count as kills, so the players score isn't reduced at all for doing that. You can also throw enemies off of a cliff into the sea and the game doesn't count it as kills either...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lizard Wizard posted:

That's amazing, but probably a better fit for the Little Things in Games thread.

Why? It's a glitch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RatHat posted:

Why? It's a glitch.

ai soldiers having a programmed reaction and falling off the ladder when they run into you on the way down isn't a loving glitch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's close enough.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
The 2nd and 3rd soldiers coming down the ladder after the first one falls is bad AI programming. None of them were glitches.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Tony Phillips posted:

The 2nd and 3rd soldiers coming down the ladder after the first one falls is bad AI programming. None of them were glitches.

Shut up, you goddamn pedant. You are also wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m93pGnLPbMk&t=101s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8SzBhjqaQ

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Uhhh this isn't a glitch it's just a video of Spaceballs: The Video Game

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Kimmalah posted:

The one I saw slowed the frame rate down so badly that every time the player moved the whole screen would just turn into this blurry smear. :v:

Was it this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CToTL88J9E&t=671s

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

RatHat posted:

It's close enough.

The program is working as intended, thus making that behavior by definition not a glitch.

Scaly Haylie has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Mar 2, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

No it was some guy invading in Darkroot Forest, which is probably why I can't find it because there's a billion videos of pvp there. But that is the same effect I was talking about so close enough.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

To quote slowbeef Sonic '06 is a roguelike in that something different breaks everytime you play it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lizard Wizard posted:

The program is working as intended, thus making that behavior by definition not a glitch.
:goonsay:

Does it really matter though ? Guess we could jump the shark to PYF Funniest Game Moment that may or may not be a glitch.

Has less of a ring to it though.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
PYF games threads are great because people will complain about your funny glitch not being a glitch, your favourite thing not being good, and your thing dragging the game down not existing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

Does it really matter though ?

I'm glad that I saw it, but anyone arguing that it's a glitch is neither correct nor "close enough" to being correct.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people yelled at me for posting a picture of a nice t-bone steak in the schadenfreude thread wtf

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's close enough to fit in this thread imo.

But this discussion is for goons and we are all dumber for having had it :toot:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm screaming and rocking back and forth here, that someone might post something good and funny in a PYF thread that doesn't 100% fit the technical definition of what the thread is supposed to be about.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

you guys, i'm glitching so hard noWWW...

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm glad that I saw it, but anyone arguing that it's a glitch is neither correct nor "close enough" to being correct.

lmao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

please everyone, this thread is for "correctly identified game glitches only"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
poo poo we triggered Phlegmish, we need some gifs, stat :ohdear:

I really hope these are all ok, I tried weeding out all of the quite funny but not technically glitchy gifs from the imgur album I stole those from. Filthy plebs.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

All I can think of when I see this one:

Fathis Munk posted:

REMEMBER ME EDDIE?
                     /

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Although maybe this isn't a glitch either, after all those pills Max has been popping over the years surely there should be some hallucinatory side effects.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

God dammit I knew it was a bad idea to build this garage on an Indian burial ground

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No look you're doing it all wrong, this is PYf funniest game GLITCH, not GLITCHES, you posted more than one, you're ruining it

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Dabir posted:

No look you're doing it all wrong, this is PYf funniest game GLITCH, not GLITCHES, you posted more than one, you're ruining it

Aw shiiiiit I can already feel the probation coming :ohdear:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

While I can understand how might be epic-level hilarious to be all pedantic and picky and poo poo up the thread about who posts what, could we maybe please, you know, not do that? The griefing thread was decently funny until they got into something like a 10 page derail with people being smart asses there and a whole lot of "looks like the grieifing is coming from... inside the thread?? :smaug: :c00lbert:" It'd be nice if that was restricted to the thread where assholes post about making people cry, you know?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Goodness gracious. Have a screenshot:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Adios, Leon Ashley.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Of course, it's even funnier when you find out that the reverse can also happen.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CJacobs posted:

Of course, it's even funnier when you find out that the reverse can also happen.

I love that sort of look of resignation when the jetski goes. It just makes it for me.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Aw shiet, I never knew this, this is hillarous :allears:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Testekill posted:

I love that sort of look of resignation when the jetski goes. It just makes it for me.

Also the "Welp, gotta fly get it now"

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Some good rear end glitches and a hole lot of pedantic butthurt spergin ITT