Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

So ran into a hurdle. Seems that COP is a lot like SOC in that there's a ton of phantom lights, so I've got the flickering hanging lamps, but 90% of areas are still lit up.

Do any of the phantom lights have unique id's or names? Maybe I can turn them into non-phantom lights or simply get rid of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm going to check the level.spawn for each level to see if more lights are hidden in there.

Only tried Zaton at the moment, I'll get a video later on to show you what I mean

e: Btw, I assume you'd want to use Absolute Nature? If so I can poke around in the modified level files to see what's going on with the lights

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 29, 2015

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

I'm going to check the level.spawn for each level to see if more lights are hidden in there.

Only tried Zaton at the moment, I'll get a video later on to show you what I mean

e: Btw, I assume you'd want to use Absolute Nature? If so I can poke around in the modified level files to see what's going on with the lights

People voted that Absolute Nature should be optional, so don't include that (well, maybe for a compatibility patch).

A video would really help.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Uploading a video now. The main problem seems to be the actual meshes used for lights seem to be giving off light (or the appearance of it) even though they switch off.

I've made a "generic light" scripted logic that I've applied to hanging lights that basically goes through three random settings: they either switch off completely, flicker randomly or are unaffected.

This can be somewhat inconsistent as you could be in an area where the majority of lights are unaffected or whatever, but it does give it a bit of a chaotic feel.

And if you want to make the particle effects for surges higher up in the air, it should be fairly simple to do. In line 608 of surge_manager you should see something like this:

code:
local inited_pos=vector():set(actor_pos.x, actor_pos.y/2, actor_pos.z+250)
This is the initial position where the particle starts, and it starts at the actor's position + 250 on the Z axis. If you increase the 250 to something like 1000 or even higher it should be in the sky.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xasue_BV2gU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

In this video did you set it so that some lights are unaffected or was that not supposed to happen?

I'm assuming what you're talking about with phantom lights are those fluorescent light fixtures only having one of the two bulbs going out, right? It's definitely a mesh problem as that happens with the "breakable lights" mod as well. You shoot it and one of the two lights stays on. I can take a look at it.

I like that feature a lot though, very cool.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I didn't convert a few over (they had specific story ids so I assumed they were for something important), and a few probably went through the random 'unaffected' state, and I've obviously left gas powered lights unaffected.

It is most likely a mesh issue, though.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

I didn't convert a few over (they had specific story ids so I assumed they were for something important), and a few probably went through the random 'unaffected' state, and I've obviously left gas powered lights unaffected.

It is most likely a mesh issue, though.

I still haven't narrowed down the mesh issue, though I'm positive that's what it is. I don't view it as any sorta deal breaker though, especially since it doesn't really cast any light anywhere, it just stays lit.

Are you using the Unofficial Patch for your changes (noticed the military ID in your inventory)? If so I'd like to ask you not to use it as a base. Unfortunately, when tested thoroughly by the Call of Chernobyl team, it was found that it screwed up more than it fixed, especially when mixed with any sort of AI tweaks mod. If you wanted to include parts of it or something that's cool, but apparently there is problems with most of it.

If you don't mind I'd like you to modify level_weathers.script again. I tried making it so I don't have to deal with 8 different cfg files for the variations of night but it didn't work. I'd like it so the script only checked if there is a moon or there isn't a moon, so only two variations on nights.
I had tried to disable it entirely by commenting out lines 385-387, but that lead to a crash (I'm definitely no scripter).

I'm currently trying to implement the version of AI tweaks that is in Call of Chernobyl (since I can download it and mess with it since I'm an admin on the official forum).
I contacted Alundaio for permission, but it doesn't matter currently as I can't get it to work. There's mutant looting in COC and I think I forgot to disable it somewhere in the many, many, many scripts the new AI tweaks has.

Is mutant looting something people want? If so, rather than dealing with new scripts like COC is doing I can simply re-enable it in the code (Winmerge is the best; just need to compare the mutant files and ui files from COP to CS).

Also Ddraig, I have implemented an IsActorOutdoors function that works fairly well (I'd say 80% accurate). I'm currently using it for distant gunshot echos when outdoors.
However it can obviously be used to check if an actor is indoors too.
Anyway, if you can think of anything else cool we could use that for let me know.
Also, I'll be contacting you via email once my relatives leave and I have a chance to export more to LUA for you and send you the engine and the basics needed to run the game with the new engine.
Still taking my time on the next alpha as I'm still refining things, but I can at least get you the engine, which is most important to me. I don't think you're much of a gun nut anyways so you probably wouldn't get much from the alpha, or maybe you would.

@Everyone: Looking for people with even a beginners knowledge of C++, modelers, animators, 2D artists. If you fit the bill feel free to contact me.
Oh, and I can use 1-2 people as testers for the next alpha to see if the current ballistic model feels comfortable to you or whether it needs further refinements.

Also turned down an offer to be on the "Ray of Hope" dev team (the multiplayer and co-op mod). You people better drat well like this when I'm done because I told them it was because I needed to focus on this ;)

Swartz fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 29, 2015

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I can do texturing, model editing and so on, in fact, what I am trying to do atm, is export the models from warframe, although I have not had much luck getting the .fbx files to open with the source viewer, I was thinking of using them as armour mods in skyrim, or as mutants in COP, unfortunately I'll be in berlin for a couple of weeks from the 31'st.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm mainly using the unofficial patch for my own convenience. Right now I'm focused on AF3 and seeing if I can create indoor surges. There's only two levels where it would really be applicable: X-8 and the Jupiter Underground. I guess the testing lab would be but that's actually not a distinct level.

I figure the easiest way to do it would be to remove the skip surge functionality if you're underground and have the surge play out as normal, but most of the effects having two states: indoor and outdoor. Outdoor would be the same as normal, indoor would be earthquakes and tremors and 'underground' type sounds with no kill wave etc.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
New light manager for COP:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ggtqzvk1zckiima/Lights.7z

e: Also I've modified the level_weathers.script to completely remove moon phases.

Now you should just be able to enable/disable the moon by using the 'sun' part of weather configs.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8n39c41b4l5c6yi/level_weathers.script

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 30, 2015

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
Playing Lost Alpha right now and holy poo poo X18 was hilarious. I just started laughing my rear end off when the guy walked into the white anomaly and exploded into giblets and the scientists just went "oh dear lord" and the soldier said "what did you eggheads do?" and straight after that two zombies and some strange green angry midget started running around in circles while I shot them in the head and threw grenades on them. I don't know if this is a known bug, but for me most mutants just run around in circles and fail to attack me. Bloodsuckers just run away and I have to chase them to give them a dose of buckshot and snorks don't understand how walls work.

Also, I like the new maps, but running through the places just to talk to some guy who tells you to talk to another guy 17 areas that way kind of sucks. Tried the car to get around faster, flipped it after 2 seconds and decided to just let it lie there and get rid of a helicopter with a RPG. Are all the cars like this? If I buy a super cool car from the fat gently caress at the bar will they all just flip around and explode when I hit a dog?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The car in the dark valley is buggy as gently caress. People have justified this as it being out there for a long time so it's bound to be terrible.

I've driven many cars that have been exposed to the elements for a while and none of them would do a 360 degree flip and kill everyone inside if you tried to take a corner at more than 10mph

also if you think the plot is stupid now wait until you get further along. god drat they turned a relatively cool plot into something terrible

GSC sort of understood that mystery is good. You may get a glimpse of what the Zone is about, but it's largely a strange place and you'll never truly know what the hell is going on. the lost alpha team had none of that and tried to explain everything in minutiae, to the point where there's a deus ex machina as the real ending.

Leaving stuff up to people's imagination is a good thing.

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012

Ddraig posted:

The car in the dark valley is buggy as gently caress. People have justified this as it being out there for a long time so it's bound to be terrible.

I've driven many cars that have been exposed to the elements for a while and none of them would do a 360 degree flip and kill everyone inside if you tried to take a corner at more than 10mph

also if you think the plot is stupid now wait until you get further along. god drat they turned a relatively cool plot into something terrible

GSC sort of understood that mystery is good. You may get a glimpse of what the Zone is about, but it's largely a strange place and you'll never truly know what the hell is going on. the lost alpha team had none of that and tried to explain everything in minutiae, to the point where there's a deus ex machina as the real ending.

Leaving stuff up to people's imagination is a good thing.

Yeah I remember the labs in vanilla SHOC being really mysterious and you didn't know what the gently caress was going on in them and that's why they felt a lot scarier. Also I think that GSC realized how stupid the in-game cut scenes were and ditched them. They could have left all the cutscenes out of X18 and explained some of the stuff in the documents you keep finding. I think I'm going to just leave the "plot" alone and run around doing dumb stuff. It just feels that some of the cooler missions are connected to the plot (Like I think the bloodsucker mission at Rostok is connected to the plot and you can't do it without progressing in the plot?) and I will miss some if I just do random poo poo and roam around.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

New light manager for COP:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ggtqzvk1zckiima/Lights.7z

e: Also I've modified the level_weathers.script to completely remove moon phases.

Now you should just be able to enable/disable the moon by using the 'sun' part of weather configs.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8n39c41b4l5c6yi/level_weathers.script

You're the man :)

Just got the drug shaders from Meltac. Will report back with any progress and hopefully a video. I'm going to cheat and manually combine a bunch of effects at once for a tripping video, but I'll go back and code them in like that later.

*Edit*
A few things:

1) Tried editing the problematic light mesh several different ways to make the glow go away. It didn't work, so we'll have to live with it.

2) I'm waiting on a response from Metlac for using the new drug shaders as it's not as straightforward as I thought.

3) Unfortunately that level_weathers.script causes the game to crash saying the current weather (like af3_day_clear) is invalid.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 30, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hmm, I'll have to look at the weather script again.

Anyway, I've done some changes to the surge manager and updated the light manager to cycle between 'blink' and 'off' now if a surge happens above ground. This should make it easy to pinpoint lights that haven't been affected as they'll be the only ones not loving up.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pdoo5wyayu6mk0j/Surge.7z

Also a tiny little thing but even the little table lamps get affected by surges so they'll gently caress up too.

The changes to the surge manager are as follows:

Modified surge behaviour to hopefully allow for underground surges. Haven't had a chance to test them out yet as there's seemingly no way to get to an underground level via Alundaio's XRS Debug Tools. I have no idea if they'll actually trigger, but all the effects are there, if a bit lackluster at the moment. Consider this a proof of concept if anything.

All 'electronic' devices will gently caress up during the first 'impact' wave of the surge. This adds an emp flag to surges so things like radios and lights loving up are now part of the actual surge and not an early warning system.

I've also set the particle wave to start 2500 above the actor, so it should be in the sky. Not sure if this will effect stalkers/players being killed, but it shouldn't.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
One thing I'd recommend checking with atmosfear is that you've got the file structure set up correctly, I guess.

How AF3 figures out what weather file it should use based on certain variables is to create a bunch of almost identical configs with different settings based on the night brightness options and moon phases.

The way it does this to do something like this:

code:
weather_section_name="af3_"..self.atmosfear.opt_night_brightness.."_"..st.current_state
if st.current_state=="clear" or st.current_state=="partly" then
	weather_section_name = weather_section_name.."_"..self:get_moon_phase()
end
So if the night brightness option was set to dark, it is a clear night (the st.current_state) it would set the weather to:

af3_dark_clear

So because the current state is now 'clear' it will move onto the next part which determines what config to use based on moon phases. The self:get_moon_phase() function will always return a number from 0 to 7

So say it's on the second day of the moon cycle, it would try to get the following:

af3_dark_clear_1

because it's looking for that particularly version of the config.

So with moon phases removed, the _0 to _7 suffixes on the end of configs are redundant, and it should just look for af3_*brightness*_*state* instead with brightness being either bright, dark, medium and slight and state being either clear, cloudy, foggy etc.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

One thing I'd recommend checking with atmosfear is that you've got the file structure set up correctly, I guess.

How AF3 figures out what weather file it should use based on certain variables is to create a bunch of almost identical configs with different settings based on the night brightness options and moon phases.

The way it does this to do something like this:

code:
weather_section_name="af3_"..self.atmosfear.opt_night_brightness.."_"..st.current_state
if st.current_state=="clear" or st.current_state=="partly" then
	weather_section_name = weather_section_name.."_"..self:get_moon_phase()
end
So if the night brightness option was set to dark, it is a clear night (the st.current_state) it would set the weather to:

af3_dark_clear

So because the current state is now 'clear' it will move onto the next part which determines what config to use based on moon phases. The self:get_moon_phase() function will always return a number from 0 to 7

So say it's on the second day of the moon cycle, it would try to get the following:

af3_dark_clear_1

because it's looking for that particularly version of the config.

So with moon phases removed, the _0 to _7 suffixes on the end of configs are redundant, and it should just look for af3_*brightness*_*state* instead with brightness being either bright, dark, medium and slight and state being either clear, cloudy, foggy etc.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sure enough renaming the one I wanted to use for each darkness cycle worked.

Now before I release the alpha I think I'm going to give up on refining weapons any further (so you're going to see a lot of missing world models, screwed up origins, and unaligned sights). Instead I'm going to finish the weather configs and at least some of the script extensions (the NV one is important so you can disable it in your script during a surge...forgot to test a flashlight last surge, not sure if you disabled it or not).

Also I think I'd either like the Atmosfear menu removed or limiting the options to it's new restrictions.

I'll test the surge manager in an underground facility soon, I'm pretty sure I can do level jumps with the binaries I'm using right now.

Meltac still hasn't responded in regards to getting his drug shaders working, but there's no real hurry in it anyway and he's in a different time zone than me.

This is quickly becoming the "Ddraig and Swartz mod discussion thread" but since nobody else ever uses it I don't really see why that would be a problem with anyone.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 30, 2015

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Swartz posted:

This is quickly becoming the "Ddraig and Swartz mod discussion thread" but since nobody else ever uses it I don't really see why that would be a problem with anyone.

On the contrary, it's great having a more experienced perspective on the inner workings of these games, and also to have a preview of these possible upcoming mods.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Swartz I've modified the AF options to remove all moon settings.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l8b8ae97mal9v94/AF_Options.7z

e: Also you mentioned you're using the AI Tweaks from Call of Chernobyl, I assume this includes stuff like the dynamic spawner? It's a pain in the rear end to open up the all.spawn every time you want to add something so that would be neat. Already got an idea for a huge anomaly field in the woods somewhere.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 31, 2015

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
yeah reading you two talk is cool, keep it comin' boys

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
New light manager config is working much, much better than it did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhM8fl7F7M

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Good stuff Ddraig :)

This is coming along nicely.

In terms of using AI tweaks from COC, I still haven't heard back from Alundaio whether it's okay or not. I'm also currently unable to get the configs and scripts working (and it doesn't help that completely unmodified configs and scripts were included with the new ones).
I could email you the configs and scripts from COC and if you wanted to sort through them to get the AI tweaks working (nothing COC related though, only AI tweak stuff). It may end up being for nothing though if he ends up saying no.

Anyway, re: dynamic spawner, yep it's in there.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

Ddraig posted:

New light manager config is working much, much better than it did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhM8fl7F7M

That's very loving cool. Can't wait to see the final version.

Though it further reminds me that by the game's own rules for shelter Yanov station would just kill everybody not in the basement during an emission.

EDIT: Oh hey, how timely. I'm at the start of a game with AO2 + MSO with Atmosfear and Absolute Nature. I believe I also have a Russian language and English caption mod installed.

Seems like I'm crashing whenever I pull out a weapon near Skadovsk.

code:
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : xml_doc.NavigateToNode(path,index)
[error]Function      : CUIXmlInit::InitStatic
[error]File          : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\ui\UIXmlInit.cpp
[error]Line          : 156
[error]Description   : XML node not found
[error]Argument 0    : closecaption_6_shadow
[error]Argument 1    : ui\ui_custom_msgs.xml
Easily fixable? It's all nonsense to me. My bets are on the captioning mod since it's ancient but hell if I know.

TerminalBlue fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 31, 2015

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
Cross posting from Survarium thread:

Bumping this since Steam release, update and NA servers go live tomorrow (April 2nd).

Will be doing a nighttime CoS thing (around 8pm EST) for any newbies who want to squad up/need a hand. As long as the release isn't broken... Anyone else is welcome to join! Steam name is A Slothful Bong, Survarium name is theGASMASK.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

The Gasmask posted:

Cross posting from Survarium thread:

Bumping this since Steam release, update and NA servers go live tomorrow (April 2nd).

Will be doing a nighttime CoS thing (around 8pm EST) for any newbies who want to squad up/need a hand. As long as the release isn't broken... Anyone else is welcome to join! Steam name is A Slothful Bong, Survarium name is theGASMASK.

They need to nerf the SR-2 and Kiparis before I play again. They are almost the only weapons used up to Tier 9 or 10 gear.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ok, so it turns out that me putting the particle wave to be 10 times higher means two things:

1. It's not actually visible

2. It doesn't do gently caress all.

Right now I've reverted it back to the 250 position. I'm guessing I'm going to have to do a bit of complex fiddling around to separate the actual visual wave with the force that actually kills the player/crows/turns people into zombies.

I do want the actual visual wave to be higher in the sky.. I'm thinking about 500? 250 is apparently the position it needs to be in to kill the crows, so slightly higher than that. Setting it at 2500 means that you never actually get to see the drat things, though :v:

Anyway, I made a video of an emission outside Yanov. I was fully expecting to be killed or at least severely inconvenience, but I'm guessing due to my SEVA suit and the fact the wave is now in outer space, nothing very much bad happened to me at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epWprohZ38I

So I've decided to fix that.

Surges now emit fire damage instead of psychic. Psychic damage doesn't really do much in Call of Pripyat other than effect your vision. Now when hell is raging, it's going to feel like hell.

So suits with high fire protection will allow you to survive longer outside during a surge, at least until it kills you completely.

Other changes made:

You will now only get the radio warning if you're not inside the bases. Makes more sense than the standard one, particularly in Pripyat where the soldiers are the only ones supposed to be there. Why would they give a warning to the mercs/monolith?

EMP wave effects are now being implemented. Currently only the torch is effected. When the emp wave hits, your torch will stop functioning if you're not in an underground level.

Here's the updated surge_manager.script

http://www.mediafire.com/view/37en8idm7nlkzlg/surge_manager.script

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Ddraig please make a mod that makes one gun's reload/fire/holster sounds "HEY BRO" "HOWDY HO" "WHAT ARE YOU DEAF?"

tia

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Should be doable

For some reason my Call of Pripyat extracted gamedata doesn't actually have any of the character_voice sound files for some reason

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So tripping effect has arrived. It's WIP though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adUWKhjMowc

Many thanks to the wonderful Meltac (Dynamic Shaders mod for SOC).

I just need to code it together so I can get the effects to play upon a trigger, such as taking a hit of lsd or whatever (with the sharpen effect it reminds me more of 2C-E, but alas).

What do you guys think? Like I said, work in progress. I'm thinking of loving with the timescale factor and either slowing down time or speeding it up a bit. Then seeing if I can get the code to distort sounds a bit and adding a heartbeat sound while you're using it.

Note: This is NOT reshade or sweetfx or some bullshit like that, these are new shaders added to COP.

Also posted a short video of Ddraig's light script. Only one comment so far and they're not a fan of it, but to each their own. I like it.
Here's what the guy wrote

quote:

Looked odd. Seemed like someone was just flipping the switches, but I'm sure this will be continuously improved and look much better on release.
I say, you make some lights blink faster and others not so much, plus being always lit or absolutely off as you mentioned in the description.

Not sure whether you agree Ddraig or want to log in to moddb and tell him to suck a cock, just letting you know.

Fake edit: drat, Ddraig posted while I was posting this. I'll read in a second.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It's entirely possible to make lights blink in a random manner. Right now it does look kind of stilted as there's a static period of 600 ms between blinks. There's an easy tweak which now sets the time between blinks to be a random number based on the blink period variable. Now lights can switch on/off whenever they feel like. It would be possible to increase the blink period to something greater, so lights can stay on longer before blinking, but I feel 600ms is a good compromise.

Virtually all lights are controlled by the "generic_light.ltx" script file now. It would be possible to create several different script files and set various lights to use them (i.e. lights surrounded by a wire mesh would behave differently to those that are 'naked', so to speak) but this would require editing the all.spawn again.

Uploading a video now :v:

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 1, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Strobe lights optional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjEnvAv2dlM

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I love it. Looks much better even than before.

Would it be possible that once I code the tripping into the engine, and export it to lua, that you could make it so when tripping lights go crazy and strobe really fast?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Probably.

e: modified strobe light manager

http://www.mediafire.com/view/owr4rvykh8f72h9/ph_light_mgr.script

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 1, 2015

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

:banjo:
Downloading now.

Been toying around with tripping shaders more and even managed to make my very own shader for the first time :smuggo:

Here's the new tripping effect (3 shaders combined, well 4 if you count motion blur): http://imgur.com/a/2HLjU
Also had some interesting results while loving around with part of a shader, but unfortunately the only outside color with this shader effect is blue: http://imgur.com/a/jLW9R

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Swartz posted:

So tripping effect has arrived. It's WIP though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adUWKhjMowc

Many thanks to the wonderful Meltac (Dynamic Shaders mod for SOC).

I just need to code it together so I can get the effects to play upon a trigger, such as taking a hit of lsd or whatever (with the sharpen effect it reminds me more of 2C-E, but alas).
goddamn that owns
I'm curious if it takes time to kick in, which I think would be a really nice way to introduce the drug effects. Like making the trees barely bend more than they what is natural at first and then having them slowly transition into the blatant all out tree dance party like in the video you posted. Admittedly though, I'm not sure how possible this would be with the game.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
My idea for a new anomaly field was based on one of those weird things in the Stalker books that never really made it into any games, but in one of the Russian ones there was this neat part of the Zone in a woods where there was no real negative effects, it's just walking through it would give you intense headaches and the whole world would be bathed in a certain colour of light that varied based on what part you were in. It was just a part of the Zone that filtered light differently, I guess, so certain parts would be red/blue or whatever based on what direction you looked in and where you were.

The shaders might be good for that, too.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I'd like some of those delusion/hallucination fields. I don't remember the book that well but the movie seemed to have shitloads of this. I'm pretty sure the movie had what you mention as well draig.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
We can easily do those color-shifting anomaly fields.

I'm importing new post-process shaders like crazy now that I know how to do them.

Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WKKVdfpJ8
Must be good for something :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
So I just started replaying SoC for the nth time and just out of habit installed Complete 2009 mod on it. For some reason this mod seems shittier than it used to be, and I find myself taking issues with decisions like how they "fixed" the "Get out of here, STALKER!" guy and the bar greeter. Anyway I want to try this ZRP mod, is there an easy way to uninstall Complete 2009 or do I need to reinstall the game completely? Running Steam here.

Also, I keep getting this annoying graphical glitch where objects in the distance have this weird diagonal stripe pattern on them. It's particularly noticeable with binoculars. Anyone know what causes this?

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/714159522732778030/2DC028DEAB3141034CFA2BDB2F61B845D8A6EA9A/