Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Wait, there are people who think those paranormal tv shows are real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mad Hamish posted:

Why else would it be on TV?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

limp_cheese posted:

gently caress, I don't know, I can't stand having one of those shows on the TV for more than five minutes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wasn't there a goon that had one of those shows come to their house or something?

Osric
Sep 25, 2012
Have we had enough fake Trump confessions yet?

"Hi, my confession is I hate women and I'm racist and I weigh four hundred pounds and I smell bad and oh btw I totally voted for Trump! Just wanted to make sure you know that I, someone disclosing horrible opinions anonymously, am a Trump supporter. "

I'm not a Trump supporter or even an American but I'm disappointed by the high-volume of politically motivated obviously bullshit confessions.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.
Hi I'm a Trump voter, unlike the millions of people who have gone out on the streets to show their disapproval, I am too much of a pathetic coward to publically admit my political leanings. Instead I must make an anonymous confession on dead gay comedy forum Something Awful to let everyone know just how superior I am.

Kim Jong ill fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 25, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mad Hamish posted:

Millions upon millions, bud.

I can't talk too much poo poo, though, because in college I made a bunch of beer money by doing psychic readings and stuff.

"I think my boyfriend is cheating on me, he never answers his phone and I saw him holding hands with some other girl"

*shakes rocks out of bag, hums a tune, moves rocks around randomly*

"Oh, this isn't looking good. I'm sorry, but the stones say he has 'other interests.' I'm afraid that might mean he's seeing someone else."

"OH MY GOD I KNEW IT"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

A lot of people have fond memories of the movie "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" and specifically the Rube Goldberg breakfast machine. Not me.

My parents had a rocky marriage and it just got worse after my dad was laid off when my brother and I were in elementary school. He was an engineer for Boeing and a really smart guy, but he definitely was a bit anti-social and odd and I guess he'd probably be diagnosed with aspergers today.

My dad got 8 months salary with the layoff, and mom was working, so we weren't starving or anything. But this was the early 90s, so job hunting was pretty hard since you didn't have the internet to help you hunt. So Dad had a lot of free time between interviews, and he started building things in the basement. It was cool at first - he fixed everything in the house that wasn't working 100%, and he even improved some stuff like putting a remote control on the vacuum so you could remotely steer it. This was way before Roombas so we felt like we were living in some future house.

Then Dad got bored.

He started building elaborate Rube Goldberg machines to do simple tasks. If you wanted to flush the toilet you couldn't just push down the flusher. Oh no. You had to light a candle. That candle burnt a string, which released a weight from a pulley, which lifted a watering bucket, which filled a glass, which weighed down the flusher. This was fun exactly one time. It became progressively less fun because you had to refill the watering bucket, set a new string, and reset the pulley system every time you used the toilet. But Dad insisted it helped his creativity.

Dad then built a complex machine to "help" us unload groceries from the car. Mom would pull the car in to the garage, then open the trunk. Then this pallet with several remote control cars under it would drive up, steered by dad. You'd put the groceries on the pallet. The cars would drive to the stairs leading upstairs, then a scissor lift would push the pallet up into a series of wire hangers. The hooks on the hangers would grab the groceries. And since the whole thing was on a slight incline, the weight of the groceries would SLOWLY move them towards the kitchen. It was a nightmare and my brother almost poked his eye out on a hook one time.

These kind of things were built up all around the house. Mom and Dad argued for weeks about it, and Dad just doubled down and built more. A series of falling dominos that would pour soda into glasses. A house wide system of ropes you could pull to open any window in the house. More remote controlled cars that would "fetch" things from the fridge for you, as long as you did a super complicated thing like stacking the right number of blocks on a scale, or boiling a tea kettle full of water that would then start a massive chain reaction, wasting sometimes 20 minutes at a time.

Mom and Dad got divorced after almost 2 years of this, 2 years of Dad not finding a job and digging deeper and deeper into his Rube Goldberg world.

Then he had to find a job, one he hated working on an assembly line. He also got an apartment and weekend custody of my brother and I. He was depressed for sure, and his work on his Rube Goldberg machines basically stopped. Until one night he called up my Mom and asked her to come see him, since he had to make things right with her and apologize. She opened the door, which had a string tied around it. That pulled a lever, which released a counterweight. That struck a match, which burnt a small amount of gunpowder leading to a long string of dominos. The force of the gunpowder lighting up knocked over the first domino, which knocked into progressively larger objects, building up force until it was enough to knock over a chair. My dad was standing on that chair with a noose around his neck.

And that's the story of how my Dad died.

quote:

I got banned from Barnes and Noble bookstore this weekend. May also have some small legal trouble.

Beautiful weekend weather, decided to go out Saturday and peruse the manga section. Cute girl there - thought I hit the jackpot. Introduce myself and she starts yelling for her Dad. Hold up bitch. I grab her arm and say to calm down I'm just saying hi.

Her dad punches me in the face like the Alpha wannabe he is. Turns out the girl is 14. I'm not a loving mind reader, not my fault.

I'm not allowed in my local Barnes and Noble anymore. gently caress that, it was the coziest reading spot in town. The guy also is pressing charges since his little delicate flower got "hurt" by my arm grab. Meanwhile she's the one who caused me to get punched, so I'm planning to counter-sue them.

I saw "manga section" and knew exactly where this was going

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao that first one owns

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao that first one owns

It's so good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao that first one owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao. Thought it was leading to a gun shooting him in the head

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

That is fantastic.

The second one, we see that kind of confession a lot and I'm not really sure what people are trying to do when they send those. Is it supposed to be funny, or are we supposed to be trolled in some way? I mean, you wrote a short piece of fiction where you're a douchebag, good job I guess?

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
I choose to believe Rube Goldberg dad is a true story.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn idk if its how iowhatshisface is filtering them but the confessions lately are great

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
(((Goldberg))) claims another victim

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

free basket of chips posted:

Goddamn idk if its how iowhatshisface is filtering them but the confessions lately are great

code:
loquacius
It's a lowercase L, everybody. It's the word "loquacious" but misspelled.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

code:
loquacius
It's a lowercase L, everybody. It's the word "loquacious" but misspelled.

I thought it sounded more Latin-y this way

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Rube Goldberg dad's biggest mistake was making himself the end of the machine rather than the last mechanism that turns on the toaster.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Rube Goldberg dad's biggest mistake was making himself the end of the machine rather than the last mechanism that turns on the toaster.

the tension in the rope pulls down a huge room-sized banner reading "YOU DID THIS"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

The second one, we see that kind of confession a lot and I'm not really sure what people are trying to do when they send those. Is it supposed to be funny, or are we supposed to be trolled in some way? I mean, you wrote a short piece of fiction where you're a douchebag, good job I guess?

loquacius should just funnel those ones into the PYF STDH.txt thread.

They're all pretty much the same: I was a creep/rear end in a top hat and oh-so-oblivious, someone got mad, police/court involved, it wasn't my fault, and I didn't learn my lesson.

Guys and gals, there are plenty of legit stories like that out there, no need to make up fake ones.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

confession posted:

tall, strong, 7" penis man

namechange please

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

They're just practicing for their Knausgaard-esque autofiction that will be very bad.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
So wait, Rube Goldberg dad was standing there on a chair, rope around his neck, waiting for the door to open for who knows how long? And the whole contraption seemed slow and unreliable.

A good engineer would have designed a fail-proof system that doesn't rely on dominos and matches successfully striking, and that can't be stopped once set into motion. And for sure a guillotine. In fact probably several deadly contraptions in sequence. Head chopped off, stabbed, shot, body dumped in a tank of piranhas.

Also this

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

limp_cheese posted:

It is somewhat entertaining to see a swole bro yell at and threaten imaginary things.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

loquacius posted:

the tension in the rope pulls down a huge room-sized banner reading "YOU DID THIS"

With confetti poppers and maybe balloons!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I bullied in high school. No excuse for it now, I did it because I was deeply closeted at the time and I was terrified of having to admit that part of myself. So I lashed out with violence. That's not the point of this. I've told people about that, including my therapist and my husband, and have come to accept that I was a kid who reacted in the worst possible way to his own insecurity.

My confession is about what happened my senior year of high school. I was full on bully mode even at this point, making fun of people, getting in to fights, stealing things from kids. Mostly underclassmen since they were guaranteed to be smaller than me and usually scared of me. Until the one time I hosed with the wrong kid.

He was a really small, skinny freshman. Maybe 5 foot 3 and 110 lbs. Didn't seem to have any friends, no siblings, seemed like a perfect target. So I pantsed him once, then proceeded to knock his books out of his hands for a few weeks. One time he just looked at me and said "You probably should stop now". I pushed him over and laughed in his face, but it honestly creeped me out a bit.

The next 3 days he wasn't at school, and it was the weekend then.

I was outside alone smoking a cigarette at 7-11 when that kid came up to me. He said "I told you it was time to stop" and then proceeded to beat the everloving poo poo out of me.

He didn't outfight me, let's get that straight. But he was a whole lot smarter than me. He started the fight by squirting pepperspray in my eyes.

I caught a flash of brass knuckles at one point before they smashed into my testicles, and I felt what I think was a sack full of coins hit me in the face and stomach a few times. But he caught me so off guard with the spray I had no idea what to do, and by the time my eyes were finally starting to clear up from the spray, he was gone. He fought super dirty which, fair play to him, worked well and negated all my height and weight advantages.

I saw him at school on Monday and he just walked by like nothing had ever happened.

I do thank that kid for giving me my licks, and starting me on the path towards being a normal human. But Jesus Christ I wanna know if his Dad taught him to fight like that or what happened. Also really curious where he ended up in life.

I also realize this reads a LOT like those STDH.txt stories where one bullied kid stands up the bully and is suddenly super good at fighting. But this kid couldn't really fight for poo poo, he was just really pissed and really good at beating up a blinded guy.

that kid is inhuman

quote:

I basically had my sexual awakining to a weird combo of Titanic and The Mummy. My first erotic dreams were all about getting it on with Imhotep after he drew me like one of his French girls before I died because I was a 3rd class passenger.

Otoh it did lead to an extensive knowledge of marine disasters and various ancient cultures which helped me get a decent college degree. I am no longer into the Mummy but Titanic was a sexy, sexy ship of classism and decadence.

I guess he had kind of a Xerxes From 300 thing going on in that movie yeah

(fun fact, the guy who played Xerxes in 300 was in Westworld)

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Another fun fact, Xerxes has the same letters as SexRex

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
So I'm just assuming the mother looked at the dad straight in the eyes with a very bored expression while his dominoes fell over or whatever
Also good for that kid with the pepper spray. He could have gone and pulled a Columbine but he did the mature thing instead.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I wish somebody had given me pepper spray and advice on how to fight dirty as hell when I was a kid. Everyone was like "just challenge them to fight one on one" which would probably have worked because teenage bullies are known for being serious as hell about dueling etiquette.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Rube-Goldberg-machine dad hears the doorbell, and steps on to the chair, looping the noose over his head and ensuring the knot is snug just under his ear.

He sighs deeply, and after a brief pause, calls out, "Come in..."

He hears the door open, sees his ex-wife peer around the door as she softly calls his name into the foyer. They both started at the solid thump of the counterweight striking the floor somewhere behind him, and he smiled faintly as he heard the scrape and flare of a match lighting.

"Oh my god, what are you--" She was cut off by the snap of gunpowder and the sudden clatter of dominos. Then a slight thud, and another, and another, each louder than the previous, clangs now, the crash of glass, the floor beginning to shake, and she catches a flash of the 150 year old grandfather clock behind him, tipping forward and smashing in the back of the chair, sending him into a brief freefall before the rope caught him dangling, inches from the floor, leaving his shoulders and now-purple face still visible as she struggled to comprehend the banner's message: YOU DID THIS

Stars and Stripes Forver began to play.

She watched now, numb, as more small pyrotechnics detonated and showered her with smoldering debris. She hardly noticed the spring-loaded railroad spikes that fired into his skull, or blade that slashed across the foyer, separating head from dangling body and sending spurts of blood first over the banner and then under, pooling rapidly.

The last thing she noted before all became light and chaos, was a familiar metallic springing sound, and the smell of fresh toast.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

a mysterious cloak posted:

Rube-Goldberg-machine dad hears the doorbell, and steps on to the chair, looping the noose over his head and ensuring the knot is snug just under his ear.

He sighs deeply, and after a brief pause, calls out, "Come in..."

He hears the door open, sees his ex-wife peer around the door as she softly calls his name into the foyer. They both started at the solid thump of the counterweight striking the floor somewhere behind him, and he smiled faintly as he heard the scrape and flare of a match lighting.

"Oh my god, what are you--" She was cut off by the snap of gunpowder and the sudden clatter of dominos. Then a slight thud, and another, and another, each louder than the previous, clangs now, the crash of glass, the floor beginning to shake, and she catches a flash of the 150 year old grandfather clock behind him, tipping forward and smashing in the back of the chair, sending him into a brief freefall before the rope caught him dangling, inches from the floor, leaving his shoulders and now-purple face still visible as she struggled to comprehend the banner's message: YOU DID THIS

Stars and Stripes Forver began to play.

She watched now, numb, as more small pyrotechnics detonated and showered her with smoldering debris. She hardly noticed the spring-loaded railroad spikes that fired into his skull, or blade that slashed across the foyer, separating head from dangling body and sending spurts of blood first over the banner and then under, pooling rapidly.

The last thing she noted before all became light and chaos, was a familiar metallic springing sound, and the smell of fresh toast.

I wanna go out and buy a toaster now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

nice

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
I was planning on just taking a bunch of sleeping pills. I can't even kill myself without feeling inadequate.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

it is posted:

I was planning on just taking a bunch of sleeping pills. I can't even kill myself without feeling inadequate.

There's no reason you can't Rube that up! Some sort of elaborate conveyor belt, I'd imagine.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

it is posted:

Dont kill yourself, just torture yourself to death by working a backbreaking job that pays jack poo poo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mr. F! posted:

Dont kill yourself, just torture yourself to death by working a backbreaking job that pays jack poo poo.

Roofer it is!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Roofer it is!

Too much potential for accidental immediate death. Work retail instead.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

The Management posted:

So wait, Rube Goldberg dad was standing there on a chair, rope around his neck, waiting for the door to open for who knows how long? And the whole contraption seemed slow and unreliable.

A good engineer would have designed a fail-proof system that doesn't rely on dominos and matches successfully striking, and that can't be stopped once set into motion. And for sure a guillotine. In fact probably several deadly contraptions in sequence. Head chopped off, stabbed, shot, body dumped in a tank of piranhas.

Also this

like that helmet that simultaneously fires 6 shotgun shells at the same time directly into the brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hardawn posted:

like that helmet that simultaneously fires 6 shotgun shells at the same time directly into the brain

That thing was awesome, kudos to the guy who made it.