Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Their abilities to make plays are sheer insanity. For essentially a drop in session, these guys are making tic tac toe passes and give and gos which look effortless. Some of their goals I had to go back and I could barely track even on the replay as to how it went in.

Your goaltending is incredible btw. There were a few that I thought were for sure goals that you stopped. I can't recall but what level did you play at because it was clearly high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Verman posted:

Their abilities to make plays are sheer insanity. For essentially a drop in session, these guys are making tic tac toe passes and give and gos which look effortless. Some of their goals I had to go back and I could barely track even on the replay as to how it went in.

Your goaltending is incredible btw. There were a few that I thought were for sure goals that you stopped. I can't recall but what level did you play at because it was clearly high.

Thanks! I never actually played anywhere after highschool, a couple knee injuries and a down year had me just looking to work so I stepped away from the game for 5 years. I lucked out by getting invited to a skate with some old Northstars as regulars when I came back and clawed my way into better and better skilled group skates.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

yeah you’re really good and I thank you for sharing your videos

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

These videos are awesome because it reminds me how loving terrible I am at this game and how I'll never be good.

You had some really good saves, good grief.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah when I put together a 5v5 tournament team I need you to be available to play goalie as our ringer. It’s important for my metagame, trust me.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I've seen him in action personally and his skating looks so effortless. I need to get off my rear end and do some actual edgework.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vargatron posted:

and do some actual edgework.

same

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I actually sort of found my outside edge on a turning drill last night, and it was like seeing a new colour

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

sellouts posted:

Yeah when I put together a 5v5 tournament team I need you to be available to play goalie as our ringer. It’s important for my metagame, trust me.

:negative:

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Don't worry Brad, we're his top pairing D combination.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Who wants to see more D3 (low) hockey.

Featuring me getting beat three times. Second one is the worst. I’m just happy with my poke near the end

https://youtu.be/inEkIo7vr4Q

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
yellow vs uglier yellow ... what the actual gently caress?

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

That’s the cameras and lighting playing tricks on you. Pumpkins are VERY orange in person. My team has two different hues of gold because of production houses.

They’re really easy to identify in person.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
beauty snipe on that first goal

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That jersey is flyers orange, if you're seeing that as yellow you might want to get checked for colorblindness. :v:

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

prom candy posted:

beauty snipe on that first goal

I’m not even mad about that one. I was ever so slightly out of position and he shot it from between my guy’s legs.

xzzy posted:

That jersey is flyers orange, if you're seeing that as yellow you might want to get checked for colorblindness. :v:

Or Verman’s screen’s colors are WAAAAAAY OFF.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

prom candy posted:

I actually sort of found my outside edge on a turning drill last night, and it was like seeing a new colour

Totally. Once you feel it consciously, it's like ohhhh, THERE it is!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Outside edges are a myth, like unicorns and "happiness."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just to make it clear

I don't have a jersey in whatever that dirty gold is supposed to be.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
My summer team is loving bad. I'm actually glad I'm missing hockey next week, which is something I don't think I've said since I started playing.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

prom candy posted:

My summer team is loving bad. I'm actually glad I'm missing hockey next week, which is something I don't think I've said since I started playing.

I got suspended (yes, again) for flipping off the ref Ference-style last weekend and I'm in the same boat: pretty glad I'm not playing / gonna enjoy the weather this weekend.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I just found out I got a permanent spot in the private shinny that I sometimes sub for so I'm back to loving hockey. My summer team is still bad though. I like private shinny so much better than league hockey in general. Curated group of people, teams are usually balanced (and if not it's only for that week), and it's a wider skill group.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Private hockey is next level awesome. If I wasn’t friends with the officials in league games I’d never return.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
We formed a team from a group from private hockey. Best time I've had playing hockey is with this team. Even when we lose it doesn't matter and no one gets pissed. Plus I think we spend more time drinking in the locker room than playing hockey.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I officially missed signups for fall.

Mother. Fucker. I'm on the list to sub in if they need me, but goddammit how did I manage to miss that?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Between my 2 teams, we had a game Friday and one tonight. Lost both 3-1 and in both games I scored the only 1. Get on my level, rest of team.

I'm finally starting to feel like not poo poo on my new Bauer Supremes after 4 games. First few games were an absolute shitshow of me falling over randomly.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

xzzy posted:

Just to make it clear

I don't have a jersey in whatever that dirty gold is supposed to be.

This looks like a preview photo of a YouTube post.

Hockey Jersey colors! Are you serious? By x69xnhlproxelite

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Doctor Butts posted:

This looks like a preview photo of a YouTube post.

Hockey Jersey colors! Are you serious? By x69xnhlproxelite

Run time 21:46

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
I practiced with a bunch of NHL'ers Monday, the vid's long but if you want to see how they work I'm sure you'd enjoy.

I felt great compaired to last Thursday I hopped in a group skate with them after having wayyyy to many beers the night before at 3v3 and staying up till 2am. I'll post what I have of that soon, needless to say I wasn't playing my best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iCgxFxgcdI

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

titanium posted:

I practiced with a bunch of NHL'ers Monday, the vid's long but if you want to see how they work I'm sure you'd enjoy.

I felt great compaired to last Thursday I hopped in a group skate with them after having wayyyy to many beers the night before at 3v3 and staying up till 2am. I'll post what I have of that soon, needless to say I wasn't playing my best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iCgxFxgcdI

That stuffing/tipping drill is pretty cool.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are the non-NHL skaters given a set of instructions to not maim the talent? :v:

Seems like a pretty fun gig though, play some defense against pros, get dangled hard, but maybe pick up some things too.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

xzzy posted:

Are the non-NHL skaters given a set of instructions to not maim the talent? :v:

Seems like a pretty fun gig though, play some defense against pros, get dangled hard, but maybe pick up some things too.

I'm guessing they know the ropes. You can see they're still bumping and angling for position but they're not going to be around if they try deliver a real hit, it's not training camp.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
jesus the tip right off the bat at 0:59
jesus that tip right at 2:26
:stonklol:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 6, 2019

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

jesus the tip right off the bat at 0:59
jesus that tip right at 2:26
:stonklol:

:staredog:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What about Stepan's camera inspection at 14:46? :v:

(I think that's who it is)

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

That first one right off the bat....

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Old ref last night yelled at both teams after the game to keep our helmets on until we were off the ice. He got visibly angry when people didn't immediately put their helmets back on because I don't think a bunch of grown men could fathom being yelled at about that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

z0331 posted:

Old ref last night yelled at both teams after the game to keep our helmets on until we were off the ice. He got visibly angry when people didn't immediately put their helmets back on because I don't think a bunch of grown men could fathom being yelled at about that.

They probably should tbh. All it takes is one person tripping and falling the wrong way to cause a whole mess of problems.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

Ginette Reno posted:

They probably should tbh. All it takes is one person tripping and falling the wrong way to cause a whole mess of problems.

There's tons of stuff people should do to easily minimize risk. Doesn't mean it wasn't really surreal to see a 60-something ref getting red yelling at other 40- to 60-year-olds to keep their helmets on.

Hell, that league allows visors only, which to me is ridiculous. One bad deflection and you're potentially out a couple teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Only on ice injury I've seen that could have been prevented with a helmet is a scorekeeper eating poo poo walking across the rink after a game.

Always have the lid on, but if you're not going to use one, being on skates is probably the best option because at least you have some traction.