Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GenericOverusedName posted:

I hear music all the time, something's probably hosed up

There's some serious QA issues

I had Suvi sitting down between Ryder and Kallo during a conversation. Ryder was standing by Kallo's console at the time.

I've also had PeeBee locked in a t-frame and emoting only from the elbows-down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Spikeguy posted:

I'm about 75% done in the game now and my biggest issue is the music. What I hear I like, when the game deems me worthy of loving hearing it. I swear Kandara, Aya and the Tempest are just noiseless trudges. Just give me a little something. I had two loyalty missions where I barely heard any music outside of the fighting. Cutscenes are very dry when there is nothing playing. I can't tell if this is a bug or if this is the intentional design.

The music is a bit buggy, reload if you don't hear anything and it should reappear. It's still a problem, the music is nice but it's always in the background and it is not very memorable.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Charge won't detonate annihilation field in single player. I don't mean charging from outside its range either, I'm talking a point blank charge.

What the gently caress?

gmq posted:

I'm 99% sure it's a bug only because none of the bars have music including the one where you can dance.
There's definitely music there.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
All the gifs and nobody has posted the Salarian stripper yet???

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

After nearly finishing the game, unless something gets a major overhaul with patches, Dragon Age Inquisition will remain my favorite Bioware game. This one is without a doubt prettier and more fun in the combat area, but between a lack of music most of the time and the long pauses in momentum to get from one zone to the next with the way they did space travel I enjoyed playing DA:I a lot more.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

tooterfish posted:

There's definitely music there.

So, bug. :v:

I wonder if it's related to the nomad convos not triggering.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Half the time after I fast travel the nomad doesn't make any sounds for me.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
My favourite sound issue so far is walking around my colony base and hearing general "chatter" in deserted areas, like spooky disembodied laughter coming from rocks. Lots of sound in the game seems massively directional, so it's especially jarring because you can hear stuff coming from particular locations even though there's nothing there. They should really have made that sort of stuff omnidirectional.

Also it's mildly irritating that on any sound setting I've tried, you have to at least vaguely look towards people to hear what they are saying clearly. Turning your face away makes you half deaf even if you're right beside that person. Also you can't trigger conversations if you aren't in the 180 degree front facing arc of an NPC, so characters working against walls I have to scooch up right into their business.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Crustashio posted:

Half the time after I fast travel the nomad doesn't make any sounds for me.

lol if you don't tab out every time you fast travel and accidentally miss plot sensitive cutscenes

at least it tabs out well. that's like 10% of being a good game these days.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jeza posted:

lol if you don't tab out every time you fast travel and accidentally miss plot sensitive cutscenes

at least it tabs out well. that's like 10% of being a good game these days.

An important lesson for designers; if there's some portion of your game that people feel comfortable alt-tabbing for then maybe just cut that bit out. The planet transitions are loving mystifying. Those can't be hidden loading screens, so why the hell are they unskippable?

Edit: I'm guessing I'm not the only one who missed the first few moments of the first Archon encounter because they weren't expecting something relevent to happen there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They very much at least partially are hidden loads.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dexo posted:

They very much at least partially are hidden loads.

What? No way. All it's doing is swapping between solitary planet textures. How in the world could that require a loading screen? If we're talking about the system transitions then maybe I could see it, though even that is reaching.

Edit: And to be clear, when I say planet transitions I'm not talking about landing. I mean just flying around between empty planets inside a system.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 2, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Moola posted:

this game is the Suicide Squad of games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI3hecGO_04&t=176s

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like flying around scanning planets, but if anyone doesn't you should know it's super optional.

So is mining. I'm not even bothering to mine, I'm not very far, and I have so many materials I've been selling them

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
During the busywork part of Peebee's loyalty mission you have to go into the vault on Havarl to get an item she needs. There's a branching path that leads to the same room and if you take the left handed path instead of the right handed path, enemies never spawn and dialog never fires so the quest objective never updates when you get the item. The game actually has a bug where going down the wrong hallway breaks a quest.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
I just reach for my Kindle every time I decide to knock out scanning a couple of planets. Yes, the animations are very pretty. No, I don't need to see them twenty times in a row.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone have opinions on favorite weapons?
Piranha with seeker mod, Hurricane, and Krogan hammer on my vanguard build. It's disgusting and I'm pretty sure I'm committing some kind of war crime by pulling enemies and then hitting them with the hammer. Remember lift/throw in ME1? It's like that except you're playing interstellar baseball with their face.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like hearing Suvi talk about stuff

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I really like the Thokin for some reason, I guess because its the most impactful feeling gun I've used

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Pet peeve 127b: Jumping off really high cliffs and then hovering gently to the ground causes the game to assume I jumped to my death and throw me back up to the top of the cliff

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Number Ten Cocks posted:

They just brought a bunch of those ME3 vending machines.

Wouldn't the destruction of all sentient life in the Milky Way be better with an ice cold Tupari?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

:golfclap:

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Being clinically dead thrice in one game. Talk about over-reliance of a storytelling tool. Someone really loved this one.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Negative AVP after viability level 20 is some loving bullshit. They said in an interview that you couldn't progress past Level 20, but still. When I levelled from 19 to level 20 it gave me 5 AVP. When I tried using them they were set to 0.
In other words, I could only use 19 points.

And of course making Availibility go negative after level 20 is just so amateurish.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope they have a hot fix patch ready to accompany their announcement on Tuesday. My bugged strike team finally fixed itself, after 3 days. And then proceeded to fail a Silver mission and pick up their only negative trait :(

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Jeza posted:

Pet peeve 127b: Jumping off really high cliffs and then hovering gently to the ground causes the game to assume I jumped to my death and throw me back up to the top of the cliff

Bet you'll, like me, will only ever bobsled down for the rest of the game even if it's completely uncontrollable

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Did they ever specify why you can't go beyond AVP level 20 because i reached it and it's destroying my interest in doing minor side quests.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Zikan posted:

Did they ever specify why you can't go beyond AVP level 20 because i reached it and it's destroying my interest in doing minor side quests.
The answer is: "Because, gently caress you!"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you're on PC you can just cheat the cryo pods to have all the things tho

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Blue Raider posted:

sidewinder 4 life
Yeah, it's replaced the Carnifex for me. It looks like a space revolver so I can be fem Mal Reynolds.

Why did they nerf the Mattock so much? It was my go to rifle in ME2 and 3, but now it's worse than the N7 burst rifle in every regard.

Also, I've found that ME:A is the first game in which I've rotated through different squadmates. Usually in ME2 it was Zaeed/Grunt + Garrus and ME3 was Tali/Kaiden + Garrus. I genuinely enjoy the banter with all of them in this.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If you're on PC you can just cheat the cryo pods to have all the things tho
How? I have no idea how to get AVP with Cheatengine. You would need to be able to use AVP to find the right value.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It's like cora and drack were made to be a wrecking squad together. At level 6 offense cora's shotgun has permanent cyro ammo and drack's has permanent incendiary.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It's not like there's more than like 5 things worth having from the cry pods anyway.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Crustashio posted:

It's like cora and drack were made to be a wrecking squad together. At level 6 offense cora's shotgun has permanent cyro ammo and drack's has permanent incendiary.

Yeah but they don't have the banter Drack and Vetra do. It's all about the banter.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The recurring research point perk seems pretty essential to me 'cuz I can't really find Milky Way research points anywhere else. The thing where you halve the drawbacks of your armor mods are dang useful, too.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

The recurring research point perk seems pretty essential to me 'cuz I can't really find Milky Way research points anywhere else. The thing where you halve the drawbacks of your armor mods are dang useful, too.
Yeah that last one is essential. Fusion mods are completely useless without that perk.
Research points you can hack though, or get them from APEX missions maybe

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DentArthurDent posted:

Honestly, you could take the basic premise of Andromeda and, with very little change, turn it into Mass Effect 4, set in the Milky Way. Instead of running away from the ME3 ending "controversy" Bioware could have just held their nose, picked an ending as canon, and moved on. Then, you could use almost the exact same story as Andromeda: a few years after the destruction of the relays, the Council is sending a mission into the Terminus systems (or any other less explored part of the galaxy) to see how these fringe colony worlds are surviving since being cut off, with the goal of bringing new colonists and a stronger Council presence. You could even include the Kett, Angora, and Remanent if you really wanted, since there were many parts of the Milky Way that were never explored in the first place (due to civilizations developing around systems with mass relays). Not saying it would have been a better game, but I think it would have worked.

They squandered the most interesting part of the premise.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Planet scanning gets you some, you find secret Kett satelites studying Remnant tech, scanning them gives you Milky Way research points because that makes the most sense.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
You get most of the Milky Way research points from planets with Milky Way tech, which happens to be a couple of the later planets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

The Milky Way research perk is still pretty useful if you're trying to level up multiple Milky Way weapons and aren't just cheating yourself all the things.