Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They wrote Mr Blue Sky, which you idiot nerds probably only know as baby groot's dancing song from Guardians 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

IronSaber posted:

Okay seriously, what the hell is ELO?

The last name of some guy who invented a ranking system for chess, a 1v1 game, and every dumb stats site uses it for PvP ranking in a team shooter.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's elo, not ELO (it's a name, not an acronym), and it's a matchmaking system (more specifically, a ranking system) that was originally used in chess that has spread and become adapted to a lot of multiplayer games ranking website systems.

also, very few games actually use an elo ranking system, but a lot of systems that will scrape apis and generate their own ranks use their own modified elo systems. this is why, for example, guardian.gg and destiny tracker will have their own fairly different estimations of your player skill.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Gads, you nerds and your number crunching.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i was told there would be bitches and rear end eating

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
much like your romantic partners, you will just have to learn to live with some disappointment in your life

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
3/10. i believe in you

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's elo, not ELO (it's a name, not an acronym), and it's a matchmaking system (more specifically, a ranking system) that was originally used in chess that has spread and become adapted to a lot of multiplayer games ranking website systems.

also, very few games actually use an elo ranking system, but a lot of systems that will scrape apis and generate their own ranks use their own modified elo systems. this is why, for example, guardian.gg and destiny tracker will have their own fairly different estimations of your player skill.

It's Elo, not elo (it's a name, not a word).

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Haha owned BITCH

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
like i'm gonna properly capitalize a loving proper noun gently caress off idiot

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Weh.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
nice punctuation nerd

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i am NOT owned~ emotionally stable destiny players

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Electronic
Losers

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Insane Totoro posted:

Electronic
Losers

Just change the thread title to this

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Better look at the Warmind armor.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
ah yes the polygon cape

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
can't wait to put some hot pink on that poo poo

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Legs Benedict posted:

can't wait to put some hot pink on that poo poo

my hot pink titan in full kf gear and ruin wings was the belle of the ball :colbert:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Craptacular! posted:

The idea that people complain of "handouts" in a loving video game is the most asinine thing imaginable. It's hard for me to process without seeing whoever invokes it as human trash.

If somebody's one of the ten best players in the world, I don't mind handing them some cool-rear end looking award that sticks out like a neon sign declaring their greatness to everyone while they're busy dismantling stacks of shaders in menus. That's fine. However, the idea that you "put the time in" to make basic progress is the kind of language used to justify making a social video game seem like a job.

CheeseFactory parachute account spotted

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

quote:

Bungie, Inc.

Release a Good DLC?

No, Compromises!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

actionjackson posted:

CheeseFactory parachute account spotted

I just get tired of the "grind is good" mentality to video games, they're made often by people who have either too much time or not enough money and need one video game to sustain them as long as possible. In the case of Trials, it annoyed me when I got D2 that the only scout rifle in the game with a stability rating and a handling rating over 50, which as a statistic that I was actively seeking out, was a Trials gun. Because, well, I'm never going to play Trials. Never did in D1, and not gonna here. I'm not interested in "sweaty" PVP.

I get rewarding the best players with things that make people say wow, but keep them cosmetic.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
protip: cosmetics will never make anyone but literal toddlers say 'wow' in a video game about loot

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
u in the wrong thread, son. we've been playing space barbie for a good minute in here

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah people were happy as pigs in poo poo about how 85 percent of the garbage in d2 was cosmetic oh wait that didn't happen and everyone hated it

it was really worth running the dogass prestige raid so my titan raid gear with no perks and a useless stat could glow purple, definitely

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Good cosmetics are good, bad cosmetics are bad, hth

See overwatch where people cream they jorts over a sick new legendary skin

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
You should only be able to get the best gear by completing the best content.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's a useless comparison, there's no meaningful overwatch loot to compare cosmetics to.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Please wish them a speedy recovery, I am scared for my sons

https://i.imgur.com/KEoUw0F.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Roman posted:

Better look at the Warmind armor.

That's some sweet looking armour, I wonder what unique and interesting perks bungie has given them?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And the feedback from the Summit is that September is not bringing us any thing to be excited about, regarding weapon and armor perks

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And the feedback from the Summit is that September is not bringing us any thing to be excited about, regarding weapon and armor perks

are you Markov bot or something? the entire source of this discussion is that there is loot people are actually, literally excited about, and they want it to be easier to acquire.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That armor does not look exciting at all and i bet a gun is gonna make a fart sound

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are you Markov bot or something? the entire source of this discussion is that there is loot people are actually, literally excited about, and they want it to be easier to acquire.

I'm not having the same conversation as you. You are responding to my posts with a different topic

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Just change the thread title to this

I've actually enjoyed that the thread title hasn't changed even with all the calls for it.

...it reminds me of d2

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

Tell me more about how PvP works. Im keen for your insight.

oh no, I shouldn't, scrub opinions get you all riled up :nsa:

CheeseFactory posted:

The pulse rifle has a low ttk after you get a headshot kill, reload and get 2 seconds to find someone else to shoot at... just like the current raid pulse rifle... which almost no one uses.

Inaugural address? Have you tried it since the patch? It's strong as hell now, I see it being used all the time now.

It's supposedly going to last 7 seconds, with no cool down between activations. So stronger longer-lasting kill clip (which lasts 5 seconds, +33% damage) + very fast reloads + no cooldown + long-range gun archetype that just got buffed.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

It looks like a FAMAS. :3:

Oh neat I love lore who doesn't love lor-

Interesting. A7732Ke2142Oe201-87TUl28592PU49-70291BT4yY893-5LeY3257u3R you say.

Looks like it's the end of the Yuga, my dudes

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffle House posted:

It looks like a FAMAS. :3:

Nice! I'm glad we're seeing some new weapon designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe we'll find out if Rasputin shot down the Traveler :allears: