Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Monoma is absolutely blowing up next chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, Monoma's what's hip! Monoma's what's happening!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A bloody limb of Monoma is going to land on Vlad King's face like the lamb in Jurassic Park.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

The dark lightning seems to be curling back around Midoriya, so who knows what's going to happen next chapter.

One thing I do think will happen is that whatever is happening with Deku will knock out the cameras/electronics feed for the teachers so they won't be able to actually call off the match or communicate with the teams. This way Uraraka and the others will continue fighting Class B's team completely unaware of whatever craziness is happening over by Deku/Monoma/Shinso(assuming he's also hiding around there).

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Rhonne posted:

The dark lightning seems to be curling back around Midoriya, so who knows what's going to happen next chapter.

One thing I do think will happen is that whatever is happening with Deku will knock out the cameras/electronics feed for the teachers so they won't be able to actually call off the match or communicate with the teams. This way Uraraka and the others will continue fighting Class B's team completely unaware of whatever craziness is happening over by Deku/Monoma/Shinso(assuming he's also hiding around there).

I hope it's not just gonna be a super powered evil side that stops the fight or something. For all the Monomo-getting-ganked jokes I kind of want to see Monoma going all out with his borrowed quirks as a kind of mini All Might vs AFO brawl.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Josukeeeeeee

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I doubt it's going to be an "evil" side, but I think we're going to get a good idea of what the original OfA wielder meant when he said they past the point of singularity.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Whatever is happening to deku blew his arm pad/protector to shreds

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Jose posted:

Whatever is happening to deku blew his arm pad/protector to shreds

Mei is going to be very upset.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Mei is going to be very upset.

This just means she'll get to build an even better version.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Monoma is going to copy OFA and immediately master it

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Countblanc posted:

Monoma is going to copy OFA and immediately master it

Can you copy OFA though? It's a power that you have to give away. It seems to work differently than other powers in that regard. At best Monoma would copy the root power, but have none of the stored power so it would be basically useless.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

Can you copy OFA though? It's a power that you have to give away. It seems to work differently than other powers in that regard. At best Monoma would copy the root power, but have none of the stored power so it would be basically useless.

It's going crazy right now so who knows. If Monoma touches him he might end up being absorbed or something instead.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
whatever the nature of this poo poo that's happening is it will probably have a major impact on the future of this series in terms of what fights and power progression looks like for its protagonist so that's exciting!!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I feel like by the end of this, someone is going to have to tell Aizawa about OfA, he's going to want to know what the gently caress is happening with his student.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but am I reading this right? In Deku's dream the original ofa Basically told him that he's the one, and gran Torino just said that the original ofa guy told her that she wasn't the one?

If so, what about all might? Did the original ofa just kinda see how good he was at it and think, "nah, he's fine."?

On mobile so I'm not gonna go reread until later.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

It's going crazy right now so who knows. If Monoma touches him he might end up being absorbed or something instead.

he'll become a voice in dekus head

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but am I reading this right? In Deku's dream the original ofa Basically told him that he's the one, and gran Torino just said that the original ofa guy told her that she wasn't the one?

If so, what about all might? Did the original ofa just kinda see how good he was at it and think, "nah, he's fine."?

On mobile so I'm not gonna go reread until later.

All Might just kind of naturally took to OfA and never had any kind of spiritual connection to it. I think he said he saw the ghosts once, but they never talked to him or anything. For a guy who was the most successful with the power, he really seems to know very little about how it.

Stairmaster posted:

he'll become a voice in dekus head

That sounds like a nightmare.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Deku will acquire All Might's muscle form, but just for one arm.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku will be absorbed into the collective conscious of One for All. They will all be one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder if the trigger is an intense, instinctual hatred for powers that are like AFOs?

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Caidin posted:

"In any place where there is damage from an impact, he can trigger a second impact with random timing! And the second impact will be several times more powerful than the first!"

Gee, hope his quirk doesn't get powerful enough to trigger a third impact.

First thing I thought when I read the chapter.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, some of these class B quirks are extremely good compared with most of the Class A ones. "Telekinesis of surrounding objects up to about the size of a person" is incredibly good, as is the size thing (particularly if it extends to stuff like being about to change the size of a person's clothes/equipment, though even the "throw big things that you shrunk and un-shrink them before they hit their target" application shown in the chapter is really good).

I guess the telekinesis partly depends upon how much fine control she has; in practice it seems like such a power would allow you to also do things like fly by manipulating parts of your suit, etc, and that it would basically be like a mostly-superior version of that girl who could split her body up. But it only shows her just shoot stuff in straight lines (which would be a more "reasonable" quirk in the context of this series).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RareAcumen posted:

Turns out, OFA had a hidden mechanism to quickly stock up more power.

It's eating people with the power of darkness. Deku accidentally activated it, and now, there's no stopping it. He will become the greatest hero, stronger than anyone ever before...and the only one left.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
man if deku keeps spewing darkness he's going to attract tokoyami

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Elfgames posted:

man if deku keeps spewing darkness he's going to attract tokoyami

"Midoriya, have you ever considered partaking in some...revelry in the dark?"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rhonne posted:

"Midoriya, have you ever considered partaking in some...revelry in the dark?"

i have to imagine that doujin has already been written

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i thought monoma was gonna try stealing OfA and get possesed by one of the old force ghost wielders of OfA who would then teach deku some lesson and curbstomp him out but its anyones guess now. a mini all might vs AfO fight where monoma is the good one since deku is going berserker would be cool too

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I doubt it's going to be an "evil" side, but I think we're going to get a good idea of what the original OfA wielder meant when he said they past the point of singularity.

I dunno. OfA definitely has serious crazy eyes in the dream, so I don't think it's out of the question that OfA is a villain as well. Somehow.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

THAT WOULD TURN OFA INTO AN AFO COPY!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I don't think Deku is going to murder a classmate accidentally by absorbing them or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

I don't think Deku is going to murder a classmate accidentally by absorbing them or something.

Right, he'll do it on purpose.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Also he's from a different class so it's no problem.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Right, he'll do it on purpose.

He's gonna skin Monoma's arm and have fresh unscarred hands afterwards.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Deku is gonna be consumed by the Hado and become Evil Deku.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kanos posted:

Obviously.

Monoma will be absorbed alive. He'll be consumed slowly by OFA afterwards.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Extreme0 posted:

Deku is gonna be consumed by the Hado and become Evil Deku.

finally, those fanfics are all vindicated

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

finally, those fanfics are all vindicated

Can't wait for Deku to kill Bakugou and finally get that vindication we've been denied for 80 chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Kanos posted:

if deku doesn't murder his classmate he clearly wasn't giving it his all and deserves to lose