Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I couldn't get through the first couple episodes of Apocrypha because it was really boring, but the fights later on look cool, the event was fun, and its called fapo so overall its a win i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't see the relation between making costumes cost real money and more of them existing. they will always compete with new servants or servant updates in terms of resources but it's not like there is no monetary benefit to be squeezed from them. plus the fact that 3* servants still get upgrades shows that not everything they invest those resources into needs to have some monetary benefit, increasing player connection/loyalty can be enough.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

apocrypha is barely better then kaleid and last encore which is incredibly damning with praise

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Eh, I found Apocrypha to be inoffensive at best. It's not great, but it's not unwatchable.

Last Encore on the other hand I genuinely had trouble sitting through, because it just feels so /lifeless/. There's no real interesting character interactions at all and it doesn't even have nice fight scenes like Apocrypha did at the very least. The only interesting character in Last Encore is Nero herself, and everyone else is so wooden that she doesn't really have anyone to bounce off of.

In all honestly, the way I feel about Last Encore (and the Moon Cell Holy Grail Wars outside of Extella) is the same way that Gilgamesh feels about them. It just isn't the same when you take out all the political intrigue and constantly shifting alliances and goals of the Masters and Servants in the war, and replace them with 'Hey, here's another boss fight in a long string of boss fights'.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 27, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fate/Apocrypha is probably the third best anime Fate has had, but that's more because it's mediocre at worst and kind of good at best with a few incredible highlights, as opposed to that being some massive amount of praise. Carnival Phantasm and Heaven's Feel are the only ones I'd call unequivocally good. Babylonia's anime will probably be great, tho.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'll agree with Carnival Phantasm being super good.

I need to actually watch Apocrypha to make a judgment call on it I say, for the hundredth time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rorahusky posted:

Last Encore on the other hand I genuinely had trouble sitting through, because it just feels so /lifeless/. There's no real interesting character interactions at all and it doesn't even have nice fight scenes like Apocrypha did at the very least. The only interesting character in Last Encore is Nero herself, and everyone else is so wooden that she doesn't really have anyone to bounce off of.

Yeah, a nice extended tour with Nero and her Master would have been nice, but this was just... I dunno, it was pretty anyway.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I started this game a few weeks ago, and I'm enjoying it. (Friend code is 517,412,821 - I don't have many good support servants to share yet but could use more friends!)

I have a quick question - is it worth me doing the event stuff beyond just using it to get upgrade items from the shop? I've gotten to the point where enemies are around level 50, which is as high as my maxed out servants so far. I know there's a free servant from the event who's meant to be decent, but I don't really know whether I'd be able to complete the tasks required to keep her.

I'm up to the third singularity, so I dunno if I should focus on going through the story stuff to get Mash's ascensions unlocked or just keep grinding for ascension materials or what.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

AFAIK there's no tasks to 'keep her', you'd only miss out on her ascension materials, she's permanent as soon as you finish the story.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

her ascension materials should still be easy enough, getting extra copies for NP levels would be my only worry. i don't really have any outstanding servants to carry you but i sent a request, same name as on here.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Gluten Freeman posted:

I started this game a few weeks ago, and I'm enjoying it. (Friend code is 517,412,821 - I don't have many good support servants to share yet but could use more friends!)

I have a quick question - is it worth me doing the event stuff beyond just using it to get upgrade items from the shop? I've gotten to the point where enemies are around level 50, which is as high as my maxed out servants so far. I know there's a free servant from the event who's meant to be decent, but I don't really know whether I'd be able to complete the tasks required to keep her.

I'm up to the third singularity, so I dunno if I should focus on going through the story stuff to get Mash's ascensions unlocked or just keep grinding for ascension materials or what.

Borrow a goons' best servant and protect it with Mash/George/Leonidas, etc.

Prisma is one of the easier events to clear.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Last encore being bad makes me sad. The extra pals deserve better.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Gloomy Rube posted:

AFAIK there's no tasks to 'keep her', you'd only miss out on her ascension materials, she's permanent as soon as you finish the story.

Oh ok that's cool! I thought it would be like Scathach from the last one. I'll keep going with it then.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tired Moritz posted:

Last encore being bad makes me sad. The extra pals deserve better.

It was doomed by a critical lack of Mikon and Hakunon. They just got too little screentime.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"Let's make an incredibly flamboyant and self-aggrandizing Servant pair up with an emotionally dead Master who barely ever reacts to anything she says or does. That's the ticket."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's about right. Nero'd be good for somebody who started that way, maybe, but then drug them out of their shell or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Worked for every other extra and ccc. The support cast just sucked in the show.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Still getting started, looking for friends on JP - 334,915,984

Maybe in future I will have a BB that people actually want to use but until then my list is pretty bare.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pureauthor posted:

"Let's make an incredibly flamboyant and self-aggrandizing Servant pair up with an emotionally dead Master who barely ever reacts to anything she says or does. That's the ticket."

At least he hated the moon. That was something.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

I got Medusa Lily's Bond CE today. :toot:

swimsuit snek when

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Look at all those very good sneks.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"I've always been cool. I just have low blood pressure" is a GREAT loving line. I'm pretty sure it's partly due to this guide's Helena fixation, but I think I'm becoming a Helena fan myself.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

TheFireMagi posted:

swimsuit snek when

nnice

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Compendium posted:

I'll agree with Carnival Phantasm being super good.

I need to actually watch Apocrypha to make a judgment call on it I say, for the hundredth time.

Carnival Phantasm opening is stuck in my head now. But yeah, the type moon cast clowning around on screen gave me some good laughs this weekend. Not sure how much fun people will have if they never experienced Tsukihime, but it is still a blast if you only know FSN.

Still waiting on Hawaiian shirt Cu, get on it DW :argh:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
any tips for medb?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Medb will never want just the tip.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh wait I solve it, I just have summer Marie murder her.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

Medb will never want just the tip.

:vince:

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Will I get booed if I ask when’s berserk arcueid? She was in fate/extra so c’mon

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

dPB posted:

Will I get booed if I ask when’s berserk arcueid? She was in fate/extra so c’mon

right after the tsukihime remake is announced

so never

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

legitimately: nasu has made several assertions that he wants to get the tsukihime remake done while fgo is still going, and he was basically completely uninvolved with epic of remnant outside of the ccc event. And takeuchi draws maybe two or three servants a year at this point. In addition, Part 2 has had several references to Tsukihime and the wider nasuverse in general. The wheels of Tsukihime may move slowly, but they're moving. They're moving.

I can understand the jokes but the context a lot of people less Plugged In lose is that Nasu still talks about Arcueid and the rest of the Tsukihime cast like they're his favorite characters he's ever written, outside of maybe the CCC cast. He talks about how he wants an event that showcases them instead of jsut throwing them in, how he wants the Tsukihime remake to do right by them instead of being pushed out the door to justify them being in FGO, etc. So I have zero doubt that it is actively being worked on.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Well, got this much done so far. Projection and Kissing Freak should both be level 10 by the end of the day but Mind's Eye is gonna hover around 7 or so for a while. I need more gold Archer gems and Demon Hearts.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

TheFireMagi posted:

swimsuit snek when

there is a lot of things trubling me about this image.

FIRST. that aint ur medusa lily.

SECOND. ur sneks as faves are only on setup 6.

THIRD.

snek

FOURTH.

stheno and eurayle WHERE

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
sasaki shonen, summer 2017

wadarco, summer 2018

tinfoil hat or...?!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
sasaki shonen summer 2018 (unrelated)

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Clawtopsy posted:

there is a lot of things trubling me about this image.

FIRST. that aint ur medusa lily.

SECOND. ur sneks as faves are only on setup 6.

THIRD.

snek

FOURTH.

stheno and eurayle WHERE

1st. that is my medusa lily but it's on my alt

2nd. u rite

3rd. snek

4th. not cool enough to hang with their little sis

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Space Flower posted:

sasaki shonen summer 2018 (unrelated)

Maido-Mo do want.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Here's a guide for the prilya and halloween servants. I added craft essence tips since people ask about those a lot. They're more just suggestions not 'these and nothing else,' just trying to guide people in the right direction for what servants want out of their CEs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Upgraded Protection of Faith for Martha (King Hassan also gets this version, so it is just de facto how this skill is from now on) when, DW???