Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They made another total recall? huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ghosbusters (2016) is over, there won't be a sequel, all the merchandise is in landfills, can we please stop arguing about it and just forget it ever existed like Robocop (2014) and Total Recall (2012) and The Thing (2011)
Interestingly of those four, I think Ghostbusters and Robocop had an at least marginal reason to exist, while the others didn't.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Look at all of those funny pictures posted recently they sure are funny and pictures.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Interestingly of those four, I think Ghostbusters and Robocop had an at least marginal reason to exist, while the others didn't.

The Thing 2011 might have been cool if they used all the neat effects that got made instead of scrapping them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders posted:

They were all, "hey, let's remake a popular film from the 80s and make money off name recognition." That was the reason for all of them to exist. Robocop had a director who didn't realize he was supposed to make some quick cash-in garbage, so you can see several things in the movie that could've been new and unique and original, but they never went anywhere and instead Robocop just fought a bunch of ED-209s. Ghostbusters tried to create the appearance of doing something different with the genderswap cast gimmick, but it was never anything more than that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Memento posted:

Look at all of those funny pictures posted recently they sure are funny and pictures.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

El Burbo posted:

The Thing 2011 might have been cool if they used all the neat effects that got made instead of scrapping them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU

There's an extended version of that video with even creepier robotics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhD4PD75zY

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

El Burbo posted:

They made another total recall? huh

Never saw it, but I heard they don't even go to Mars in it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:catdrugs:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Never saw it, but I heard they don't even get their rear end to Mars in it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

There was also the total recall tv series on Showtime

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ghosbusters (2016) is over, there won't be a sequel, all the merchandise is in landfills, can we please stop arguing about it and just forget it ever existed like Robocop (2014) and Total Recall (2012) and The Thing (2011)

*listening to EVP recording*

Abby - "Hey... who's Zuul?"
Erin - "Nothing we need to worry about, now."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I liked the new Ghostbusters well enough. I just wish they had hired more attractive women.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I liked the new Ghostbusters well enough. I just wish they had hired more attractive women.
Yeah, gotta live up to the beauty standards set by Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd in the original.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I enjoyed that they got to play around with a new character archetype, the ditzy hunky eye-candy brainless male secretary.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
At the absolute least, Ghostbusters II can never be the worst sequel Dan Aykroyd has made to one of his old movies because Blues Brothers 2000 exists.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sacrifices had to be made for Mad Max Fury Road.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I don't really get why Ghostbusters 2 gets dogged so much, sure it was nowhere near as good as the first and it suffered from a lack of originality and effort, but on the other hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGHiVKJh0Y

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Kennel posted:

Worth it

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Agreed

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Kennel posted:

And Dredd. It all balances out :shobon:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ghostbusters 2016 was a mediocre film with two decent acts and a terrible third. Also, Robocop 2014 was totally different from the 1987 version in terms of story, character, and themes. It just had some of the same names and generic concept.

Kennel posted:

Fury Road was just a sequel to a previous film, by the same director, not a reboot or prequel.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fury Road would have been better if they used more CGI. Also should have had Max sleep with Furiosa.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Fury Road would have been better if they used more CGI. Also should have had Max sleep with Furiosa.

He did, she was driving though and they didn't gently caress. And there was a shitton of CGI (mostly removing wires, and giant gently caress off Duststorms. And the Citadel)So now you can enjoy the movie for how it is.

It did need the Interceptor to survive though :(

MrJacobs has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Feb 22, 2017

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Data Graham posted:

I enjoyed that they got to play around with a new character archetype, the ditzy hunky eye-candy brainless male secretary.
Apparently a lot of people really, really didn't enjoy that :v:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

That's my fetish.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Subjunctive posted:

That's my fetish.

People not enjoying ditzy beefcake?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

MrJacobs posted:

It did need the Interceptor to survive though :(

Subjunctive posted:

That's my fetish.

:(

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It was dehumanizing. It made me feel like people only value me based on my appearance and that no matter how hard I work, it means nothing compared to whether or not people think I'm hot.

How could women possibly understand that experience?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

MizPiz posted:

It was dehumanizing. It made me feel like people only value me based on my appearance and that no matter how hard I work, it means nothing compared to whether or not people think I'm hot.

How could women possibly understand that experience?

Plus, the receptionist in GB wasn't ditzy at all..

MrJacobs posted:

Ghostbusters 2016 was a mediocre film

Mediocre by modern standards, and poo poo by any real standards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
it's hard to break out of being typecast

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Kate McKinnon, yo.

Chris Hemsworth actually got the biggest laugh out of anyone in my theater.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

To be fair

She does have a giant mouth

Edit: fug

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This is just a normal house cat. :confused:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPW_7hb2ek

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I've never seen Ghostbusters (2016) but the drama it spawned of both SJWs (the bad kind, circa 2013 definition) and the MRA crowd using it as a proxy for their lovely opinions was very entertaining. The director constantly talking about it like it was a transformational work of art was also v. funny.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Hopefully this isn't too subtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

I've never seen Ghostbusters (2016) but the drama it spawned of both SJWs (the bad kind, circa 2013 definition) and the MRA crowd using it as a proxy for their lovely opinions was very entertaining. The director constantly talking about it like it was a transformational work of art was also v. funny.

Don't forget that a Youtube movie reviewer was heavily poo poo on by various High dollar celebrities for saying that he would not be reviewing the movie.

• Locked thread