Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BSS should have a no old Sonic rule in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
But always be posting the Megaman/Sonic crossover comic.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Extra! #4 (1955)

Giant-Size Marvel Triple Action #2 (1975)

Astonishing Tales #4 (2009)

Captain Ultimate #6 (2014)

Edward Scissorhands #8 (2015)

Justice League/Power Rangers (2017)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Flash feels so bad for Green Arrow using such an aerodynamically poor arrow that he's secretly the one who actually carries it to its target once it's loosed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lobok posted:

Flash feels so bad for Green Arrow using such an aerodynamically poor arrow that he's secretly the one who actually carries it to its target once it's loosed.

That's a true friend right there.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean honestly if the thread can handle me posting a page from fuckin Invader Zim we can probably deal with Ian Flynn/Tyson Hesse Sonic stuff, that fandom is worse than Sonic by several orders of magnitude (because it's largely dominated by weird pedophile shipping)

Nothing from before the Flynn run is worth posting outside the Penders Suck Zone anyways

e: I guess Sonic the Comic was decent too, but I don't think many people have actually read that

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Sonic is good

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If there's funny Sonic or manga, it's not getting posted here, and every time it comes up the manga posters start sealioning about it

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm re-downloading some stuff on my tablet in case the power drops in the storms. The thing is, the new Squirrel Girl volume doesn't drop for a week, so I thought why not try something new?

Been meaning to read Ms. Marvel. I'm 99% sure I'm right about this, but the run by G. Willow Wilson is the really really good one, right?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I'm re-downloading some stuff on my tablet in case the power drops in the storms. The thing is, the new Squirrel Girl volume doesn't drop for a week, so I thought why not try something new?

Been meaning to read Ms. Marvel. I'm 99% sure I'm right about this, but the run by G. Willow Wilson is the really really good one, right?

It definitely is really really good, yeah. You'll probably be singing the praises of Alphona's art before too long as well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sodomy Hussein posted:

If there's funny Sonic or manga, it's not getting posted here, and every time it comes up the manga posters start sealioning about it

I don't know what sealioning is but it sounds like a dumb term and i'm gonna tempt fate

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you done goofed

sealioning:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
It's worth pointing out that those are done by Tyson Hesse; who made this wonderful nonsense:

And now he makes official Sonic stuff. He recently did a bunch of animated shorts for Sega too. There's some really talented people who have worked on Sonic stuff; but the main Sonic comic was pretty much sludge for literal decades. At least Penders was mockery worthy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

you done goofed

drat played right into their hand huh

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Filthy Haiku posted:

It's worth pointing out that those are done by Tyson Hesse; who made this wonderful nonsense:

And now he makes official Sonic stuff. He recently did a bunch of animated shorts for Sega too. There's some really talented people who have worked on Sonic stuff; but the main Sonic comic was pretty much sludge for literal decades. At least Penders was mockery worthy.

If you want to see more non-Sonic animation stuff from Hesse, he was also part of the team that made the new Invader Zim movie.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Man, weird that the boxer hockey guy made so good. I remember that from the fireball20xl days

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Tyson Hesse is loving amazing and anyone who gets mad at those Knuckles pages is no longer cool or my friend

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Mega Drive was such a good loving comic, I still mourn that it never got finished before Sega pulled the license from Archie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Sonic ban is still a go mostly because

Lurdiak posted:

Also any time someone posts a Sonic page, everyone gets mad because it's not funny at all.

Please feel free to post more Nancy though. That's good stuff.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

X-O posted:

The Sonic ban is still a go mostly because

As someone who has gotten back into playing Mario Maker, today's was on point.

https://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2019/09/03

Autoscrollers suck.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Scaramouche posted:

Man, weird that the boxer hockey guy made so good. I remember that from the fireball20xl days

Wait, did he ever finish Boxer Hockey?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

Wait, did he ever finish Boxer Hockey?

nope :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

X-O posted:

One of my favorite of the "new" Nancy comics:

Just beautiful.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I enjoyed this year's Labor Day strip:

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Begemot posted:

That new Nancy artist is too good for this dumb world.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Begemot posted:

I'm mad that we didn't get to see Sluggo's response

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The comments on that website range from 'boomer absolutely loving furious these jokes are modern and different' to 'some bored 30-something trolling the boomers' and I love it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It's important context that he shot another Mr Sinister in the head in the immediately preceding panel.

Hickman going full camp with Mr Sinister is pretty great.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
The demons plan to give the hero a shield with a magic sigil that creates wind, but the princess decides to break off the sigil because she wants to know what it's like to sleep on air:

(read r-l)

from Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I like the concept of the villains having to micromanage the hero's journey so he gets the items he needs to fight them in the end(I'm supposing this is what its about)

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Samuringa posted:

I like the concept of the villains having to micromanage the hero's journey so he gets the items he needs to fight them in the end(I'm supposing this is what its about)

Part of me is imagining a "Ransom of Red Chief" situation with the princess, where they're trying to give-her-back-but-not-really with as little loss of face as possible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Yond Cassius posted:

Part of me is imagining a "Ransom of Red Chief" situation with the princess, where they're trying to give-her-back-but-not-really with as little loss of face as possible.

kinda. the demons kidnap the human princess to cause a JRPG plot to happen and then unfortunately discover the princess is a horrible gremlin child who only wants to sleep, and who reacts to the poor state of her cell by constantly breaking out and hunting demons and other things to make herself new bedding, and just generally causing a ruckus. it's very good.

(translation is worse on these pages than the ones previously posted because its a fan one rather than the official one)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
This princess rules.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Goblin Princess is my kinda royalty.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
From Captain America 375. Battlestar gets some... dubious advice from Red Zeppelin about what not to do when locked up.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Sounds like pretty solid advice to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That doesn't look like Iron Man though.