Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'd expect a well flown RAC/Carnor to nuke four turrets. Carnor's near-immune to them, and between them they should kill or cripple a Y wing a round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Raged posted:

Aussie ACT regionals just finished

Winner IMPERIAL (100)

Carnor Jax TIE Interceptor (34)
Push the Limit + Royal Guard TIE + Autothrusters + Hull Upgrade
Rear Admiral Chiraneau VT-49 Decimator (66)
Predator + Darth Vader + Gunner + Kylo Ren + Dauntless + Engine Upgrade

Carnor with a Hull Upgrade?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Holy poo poo a RAC list beat out four turrets, three of them TLTs? That's a hell of a tough match-up.

Bet Kylo really helped with that.

polynominal-c posted:

That Hull Upgrade won him 3 matches. 3 Games he was down to one hull and pulled out the win.

Here is the stream of the final match. and a match from each round. The 6th newest video with the BBYZZ had an awesome ending
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121507177

The BBYZZ list made the top 8 REBEL (100)

Gold Squadron Pilot Y-Wing (26)
Twin Laser Turret + R3-A2 + BTL-A4 Y-Wing

Blue Squadron Pilot B-Wing (24)
Fire-Control System

Blue Squadron Pilot B-Wing (24)
Fire-Control System

Bandit Squadron Pilot Z-95 Headhunter (13)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers + Guidance Chips

Bandit Squadron Pilot Z-95 Headhunter (13)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers + Guidance Chips

All the lists can be found here https://tabletop.to/act-xwing-regionals

Raged fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 12, 2017

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

polynominal-c posted:

With more and more things that poop on green dice, hull upgrade is a lot more appealing these days. Especially since there's no palp there to protect a stealth device.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

One of the guys who runs the organized play at a venue in town is just totally insane hurtbees about ISYTDS. He says he'll just simply refuse to play against any list with it because it's "not fun" and thinks maybe we should have a "house rule" banning it. He was weird about conditions back when they were announced, expressing skepticism they would be "tournament legal."

Fortunately it sounds like most of the fellahs aren't onboard. I steered the conversation more towards treating it as a meta-shifter than a personal slight. I threw out "Maybe lists that are less reliant on a small number of high-PS aces, or if you must, dust off Determination?" and they ran with it. Delvan Mud suggested it might bring stresshogs back a bit since crew Kylo needs his action to show off the dark side and don't like being stressed.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

One of the guys who runs the organized play at a venue in town is just totally insane hurtbees about ISYTDS. He says he'll just simply refuse to play against any list with it because it's "not fun" and thinks maybe we should have a "house rule" banning it. He was weird about conditions back when they were announced, expressing skepticism they would be "tournament legal."

Fortunately it sounds like most of the fellahs aren't onboard. I steered the conversation more towards treating it as a meta-shifter than a personal slight. I threw out "Maybe lists that are less reliant on a small number of high-PS aces, or if you must, dust off Determination?" and they ran with it. Delvan Mud suggested it might bring stresshogs back a bit since crew Kylo needs his action to show off the dark side and don't like being stressed.

If you're running determination, Kylo's already won. I mean, I don't care for the interaction but you can play around it. It is ultimately a rac/x list and there are ways to beat RAC. The Duncan Howard kylo rac list is only PS8 anyway so if you have a ps9 ship he actually recommended that the first thing to do is make is PS0 THEN blind it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Panzeh posted:

If you're running determination, Kylo's already won. I mean, I don't care for the interaction but you can play around it. It is ultimately a rac/x list and there are ways to beat RAC. The Duncan Howard kylo rac list is only PS8 anyway so if you have a ps9 ship he actually recommended that the first thing to do is make is PS0 THEN blind it.

Delvan Mud pointed out that the ability to hand out Damaged Cockpits virtually at will could bring Whisper back into the meta as a very strong RAC wingman. Less worry about needing a huge bid or PS10+ dudes dulling her sparkle.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Delvan Mud pointed out that the ability to hand out Damaged Cockpits virtually at will could bring Whisper back into the meta as a very strong RAC wingman. Less worry about needing a huge bid or PS10+ dudes dulling her sparkle.

I'm not sure how you fit a very good RAC with Whisper though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Panzeh posted:

I'm not sure how you fit a very good RAC with Whisper though.

Playing around with it in list builder, it feels like you do it by forgoing Engine Upgrade, which is less than ideal but often enough you'll want your action for re-applying the condition anyway.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Playing around with it in list builder, it feels like you do it by forgoing Engine Upgrade, which is less than ideal but often enough you'll want your action for re-applying the condition anyway.

Yeah, not as bad as I thought:

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Predator (3)
Gunner (5)
Kylo Ren (3)
Dauntless (2)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Agent Kallus (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 100

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's strange how someone can be amazing at painting but can't even color between the lines.

"What would you say is your biggest weakness?"
"I....I can't color between the lines."
*interviewer hands me an adult coloring book*
*sweats*

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
After discussing in the FFG forums' usualy chicken little game is doomed thread, I think FFG's designs have gotten way way more interesting since wave 5-6.

The Jumpmaster 5000 expansion is probably the most interesting expansion FFG dropped on the game.

Well, that's my hot take.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, not as bad as I thought:

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Predator (3)
Gunner (5)
Kylo Ren (3)
Dauntless (2)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Agent Kallus (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

I'd drop the title and Kallus for Vader or HotCop. Predator is pretty much indicated for use when you're going to be busting cockpits all day though, so that's gotta stay.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I'd drop the title and Kallus for Vader or HotCop. Predator is pretty much indicated for use when you're going to be busting cockpits all day though, so that's gotta stay.

In a kylo rac build i think dauntless is a necessity otherwise somebody will just nonstop bump you with a ship. Pred is just good in general.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Panzeh posted:

After discussing in the FFG forums' usualy chicken little game is doomed thread, I think FFG's designs have gotten way way more interesting since wave 5-6.

The Jumpmaster 5000 expansion is probably the most interesting expansion FFG dropped on the game.

Well, that's my hot take.

I agree. It has/had a ton of crazy game changing stuff.

The wave ten stuff has crazy things too.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I'd drop Pred to VI and drop the title for Engine, personally.

You can fit RAC/Whisper in perfectly well, but you have to compromise heavily on RAC, and Whisper is super vulnerable to a well place 5-hit shot from Fenn or Rey.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

thespaceinvader posted:

I'd drop Pred to VI and drop the title for Engine, personally.

You can fit RAC/Whisper in perfectly well, but you have to compromise heavily on RAC, and Whisper is super vulnerable to a well place 5-hit shot from Fenn or Rey.

I feel like if you don't have predator or palpatine you're going to get enough no-crit shots that the RNG is going to lose you some games.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Panzeh posted:

I feel like if you don't have predator or palpatine you're going to get enough no-crit shots that the RNG is going to lose you some games.

That's going to happen even with Pred and Palp. RAC's mod is the thing that makes the crits most likely.

And that's also why Kylo isn't anywhere near as world-ending as people think.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

That's why I like GRANDFATHER! with that. Then again if we're talking tournament play you're giving up a lot of MOV using Vader to crack those canopies so :shrug:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

That's why I like GRANDFATHER! with that. Then again if we're talking tournament play you're giving up a lot of MOV using Vader to crack those canopies so :shrug:

Vader crew cannot trigger ISYTDS

The condition says if you suffer critical damage during an attack. Vader is explicitly after the attack.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Vader crew cannot trigger ISYTDS

The condition says if you suffer critical damage during an attack. Vader is explicitly after the attack.

Shoot, you're right. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't interact with Steele like I might like as well.

See, having to push the crit through the old-fashioned way no way around it I'm just not seeing the hysteria about Kylo.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Space cow with a mangler?

Edit: also grandpa with atc

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Shoot, you're right. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't interact with Steele like I might like as well.

See, having to push the crit through the old-fashioned way no way around it I'm just not seeing the hysteria about Kylo.

I don't think Kylo is a very good experience. Does the current meta need busting? Does the Lothal Rebel need to get so easily neutered?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

At least he'll take some of the "complaining about Imperial crew upgrades" spotlight away from Old Sheev.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Panzeh posted:

I don't think Kylo is a very good experience. Does the current meta need busting? Does the Lothal Rebel need to get so easily neutered?

Maarek Stele already does something pretty similar to Kylo but not restricted to Pilot cards.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maarek Stele already does something pretty similar to Kylo but not restricted to Pilot cards.

Getting to fish through three crits is almost always going to get you a real ballbuster, and yet he's not even in the top 3 picks for Defender pilots, to say nothing of his TIE Advanced incarnation.

That said, he can't push the crit under shields like Kylo, and that's a pretty huge component of the terror.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Getting to fish through three crits is almost always going to get you a real ballbuster, and yet he's not even in the top 3 picks for Defender pilots, to say nothing of his TIE Advanced incarnation.

That said, he can't push the crit under shields like Kylo, and that's a pretty huge component of the terror.

Yeah, Maarek is way different from Kylo. If Kylo didn't go through shields, he probably wouldn't be much of a thing though.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

He doesn't interact with Stele at all - 'you' always refers to the ship, not the player.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Space cow with a mangler?

Edit: also grandpa with atc

I've been testing Grandpa Vader in the TIE/adv, Whisper, and TIE/shuttle with Kylo.

It's pretty mean!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So I'm going to a hanger bay (Make two lists, different factions and secretly choose one after both players show them) in June (at ETX in Seattle). I feel like after a little over a year now of playing I'm bad at making competitive lists. I'm not sure what the meta is like right now, especially with the release of wave X. I don't like the idea of Straight out netlisting, but what are some general combinations that I could do well with and start practicing with?

I'm going with someone else who just as the FA starter and will be using my ships as well, so we need to make 4 lists between us.

These are the ships I have (or plan to have by then):

Rebels
A-Wing, YT-1300 x2 (Falcon and HotR), X-Wing T60x2, X-Wing T-70 (Fa Starter &HotR), B-Wing, HWK-290, TIE Fighter, A-Wing

Imperial
TIE Fighter x5(Starter&Carrier, lost one?),Tie/FO x3,TIE Punisher, TIE Defender, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor x3 (Interceptor & Aces), TIE SF, Upsilon Shuttle, TIE Striker

For the rebels list I'm thinking Rey/Poe, or Rey and a Gunner/Rex Sympathizer YT-1300.

For imperials, maybe a FO crack swarm (Though I only have one copy of crack shot) or some sort of upsilon aces.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I imagine they're heading to Sabine's city of birth.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 28, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Chill la Chill posted:

I imagine they're heading to Sabine's city of birth.

That looks really nice

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The xwing vassal module just got a huge new feature- it can import from one of three online squad builders and autospawn the list, dials and all. Git dunked on TTS.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
That's cool. I see in their blog article they are talking about improving the save squad process but if they can import off a URL then I don't think I would still need to save squads.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Panzeh posted:

The xwing vassal module just got a huge new feature- it can import from one of three online squad builders and autospawn the list, dials and all. Git dunked on TTS.

The what now?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Having played with the Quadjumper finally, I have to agree that Unkar without Pattern Analyser is better than a Jakku WITH a Pattern Analyser (the comparison is meaningful because they are the same amount of points). I was able to do stuff with Unkar that I don't think would have been possible with the Jakku. For example, going backwards to block Vessery and still being able to tractor him, or blocking another Defender to prevent him from doing a k-turn: Unkar is a nasty little blocker with a mean attitude. The presence of barrel roll and Intel agent makes a really nice package at 20 points.

The cons of Unkar is that he's not as good as the Jakku against Warden K-Wings. With the Jakku you can literally shunt the K-Wings out of the way of your does which screws up the bomb placement for them, or alternatively just bump them out of the action. Unkar with his PS3 can't do that, which is a shame.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Tekopo posted:

Having played with the Quadjumper finally, I have to agree that Unkar without Pattern Analyser is better than a Jakku WITH a Pattern Analyser (the comparison is meaningful because they are the same amount of points). I was able to do stuff with Unkar that I don't think would have been possible with the Jakku. For example, going backwards to block Vessery and still being able to tractor him, or blocking another Defender to prevent him from doing a k-turn: Unkar is a nasty little blocker with a mean attitude. The presence of barrel roll and Intel agent makes a really nice package at 20 points.

The cons of Unkar is that he's not as good as the Jakku against Warden K-Wings. With the Jakku you can literally shunt the K-Wings out of the way of your does which screws up the bomb placement for them, or alternatively just bump them out of the action. Unkar with his PS3 can't do that, which is a shame.

Have both? :haw:

Old Teroch (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Kad Solus (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Unkar Plutt (17)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

My dream is just flying 5 Quadjumpers and just bucket-brigading ships on rocks/off the board.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

VDay sale: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/219440

TFA core box $15 until the 19th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Aaahh, there's a one per turn limit on movement with tractors, isn't there. Oh well.

• Locked thread