Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gem sounds like they were something shaped, something created. Stone makes them sound very primordial and natural.

It fits with the idea they're the very stuff of the universes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
They're planes of Forever Glass.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It doesn't have to be the SHIELD, just an organization of heroes, protecting, training, developing, that sort of stuff. I feel like T'Challa has the responsibility, experience, influence, and power to properly lead such a thing.

But who knows, maybe Avengers 4 will end our universe.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Planning to glam the enemies to death. A bold strategy.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Gavok posted:

Discovers the magic of bacon.

Earth's mightiest hero?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

I’m not the Russo’s biggest fan, but I don’t think they’re stupid enough to reintroduce SHIELD or have Cap or T’Challa run it.

Also it’s going to be weird to watch Captain Marvel and see her palling around with super-nazis.

Yeah it's weird how everyone's ideal ending for Cap is to reunite with the woman who nazified SHIELD.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Honestly if they throw Cap back in time he should be dropped in the same room with Hitler and his final shot in the mcu is a freeze frame of him punching Hitler out reenacting his first cover.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

duck trucker posted:

Honestly if they throw Cap back in time he should be dropped in the same room with Hitler and his final shot in the mcu is a freeze frame of him punching Hitler out reenacting his first cover.

I am extremely okay with this.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Cap is a warrior and should die in battle saving a lot of people

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Fartbox posted:

Cap is a warrior and should die in battle saving a lot of people

OTOH, a warrior finally finding peace after his greatest battle would be a strong mythic ending for Cap.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cap stands at his own grave, pulls out a gun and is about to blow his brains out when Howard Stark fires a gun into the air, he's old as gently caress, in a wheelchair, behind Cap.

"How could you possibly be alive?!" Cap shouts.

Howard waits a beat.

Nanomachines

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

The entire group of original Avengers should die at the end of 4. It’s the fulfillment of their promise. And clears the slate for the next group of heroes. Let their sacrifice be the necessary step to bring back everyone from the Snapture.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
What if the heroes who died are all reborn on some sort of Counter Earth?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Greatest tagline of all time

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don't think Cap needs to die, but the idea of a Cap who just quits is just bizzare. It's nice to think about, but it really doesn't fit the character.

Killing off all the original Avengers would feel really arbitrary, but that wouldn't be new to the MCU.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Ok, let's say he is sent back in time to be with Peggy, that doesn't mean he has to "give up" as if there was no conflict between WW2 and the NYC invasion.
That being said, what could/would Cap be able to change with the knowledge of the future he has? In theory he would stop Hydra from infiltrating SHIELD, save Bucky from becoming the Winter Soldier, and possibly even convince Howard to stop producing weapons and be a better father....which I guess would undo Iron Man altogether.

What else?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

loving with time is how you get Kang the Conqueror to show up. Is that what you want?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Ok, let's say he is sent back in time to be with Peggy, that doesn't mean he has to "give up" as if there was no conflict between WW2 and the NYC invasion.
That being said, what could/would Cap be able to change with the knowledge of the future he has? In theory he would stop Hydra from infiltrating SHIELD, save Bucky from becoming the Winter Soldier, and possibly even convince Howard to stop producing weapons and be a better father....which I guess would undo Iron Man altogether.

What else?

Well in my scenario he uses the Gauntlet to go back but preserves the timeline. It's a paradox but God can do whatever he wants.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

zoux posted:

Greatest tagline of all time

Thank God they gave Shatterstar his double-bladed sword.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
What if they do send Cap back in time, but his presence results in a butterfly effect to the time stream that causes Akira Toriyama to never be born and Goku to never exist?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I notice there’s no TJ Miller in the poster. I guess it was too hard/too late to reshoot his poo poo but they don’t want to advertise him

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
So I've read a few posts that make it sound like Thanos halving the universe tapped the stones, I don't think that is the case. I thought the gauntlet getting all hosed up was just a physical representation of the immense power being used at that one time. I'm sure he'll show up with the Gauntlet just fine and the stones just as powerful as ever. Am I wrong, or did I miss something?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ashpanash posted:

I notice there’s no TJ Miller in the poster. I guess it was too hard/too late to reshoot his poo poo but they don’t want to advertise him

Ryan Reynolds confirmed he won't be in the X-Force movie.

Has anyone ever gone from white hot to PNG as fast as TJ Miller?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Comfortador posted:

So I've read a few posts that make it sound like Thanos halving the universe tapped the stones, I don't think that is the case. I thought the gauntlet getting all hosed up was just a physical representation of the immense power being used at that one time. I'm sure he'll show up with the Gauntlet just fine and the stones just as powerful as ever. Am I wrong, or did I miss something?

I think the implication of the Gauntlet blowing up is that The Snappening was his "big" move with the stones and that it's exhausted.

He was still able to open a portal afterwards and the final scene shows that the Gauntlet is still holding the stones, but it is charred and cracked.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I don't get the tagline on that poster, someone fill me in

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did you see Logan

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Well in my scenario he uses the Gauntlet to go back but preserves the timeline. It's a paradox but God can do whatever he wants.

My only grievance with that is that he would be allowing Nazis to thrive and his best friend to be tortured. He can change some things without running everything but most poo poo would play out differently. I'd just like a movie to actually account for all the potential changes to the future and Marvel Studios have surprised me plenty so far.

Wait, Wanda and Pietro wouldn't develop powers.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Fartbox posted:

I don't get the tagline on that poster, someone fill me in

wolverine died

e: they killed him, you see

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

hwat

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Did every Liefeld character always have one eye that was a laser, scarred, made up, etc.? I hope DP2 makes jokes about pouches.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
So in the test screening cut of Deadpool 2 prior to reshoots, word was that all the members of X-Force except Deadpool and Domino are quickly killed off as a gag. I wonder how much that changed in the final cut, given the poster and marketing.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Sgt. Politeness posted:

My only grievance with that is that he would be allowing Nazis to thrive and his best friend to be tortured. He can change some things without running everything but most poo poo would play out differently. I'd just like a movie to actually account for all the potential changes to the future and Marvel Studios have surprised me plenty so far.

Wait, Wanda and Pietro wouldn't develop powers.

Well. He could just bring her back to life in the modern time and get his dance then.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There was never going to be a dance guys. That was a euphemism for a blowjob. And she already gave him one off screen between the First Avenger and The Avengers. He got his "dance".

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
has captain america hosed

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

zoux posted:

Ryan Reynolds confirmed he won't be in the X-Force movie.

Has anyone ever gone from white hot to PNG as fast as TJ Miller?

Everyone should check out TJ Miller’s wikipedia page. The top-of-the-page summary is a loving riot.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Soul Glo posted:

Nope.

Unless there was some offscreen bangin' happening between Winter Soldier/Civil War or Civil War/Infinity War.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cap dies in iw2 and a visibly pregnant Sharon gives his eulogy at the end

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe Cap should appear to have died, then the post-credits scene cuts to Cap-Wolf howling at the moon, then Doctor Strange 3 or whatever is about Strange teaming up with Thanos (who I imagine would've come back to life and reformed by that point) going on a road trip to find the werewolf Captain America.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Soul Glo posted:

I'm sure one of the chorus girls on the USO tour took it upon herself to make a man out of Captain America.

Or even before that, Bucky probably made it his mission to get Steve laid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bucky was definitely the top before the war

• Locked thread