Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The trailer features a slow downbeat version of "Rock and Roll Martian"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I wish Borgnine was still alive to be in this. :(

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

HopperUK posted:

This one had me laughing so hard I had to pause the video. I have no idea why certain jokes will just spike right to the gut but that one got me.

Yeah, sometimes surprising jokes do that to me too. "Thanks for coming out to help me. My pipe's stuck in my mouth" from Horror at Party Beach is a classic example for me.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dawgstar posted:

How's your dog? :ohdear:

...she died in January but I'm sure it's a coincidence, that monkey's been around for years

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

God is dead?! GOOD!

E: oh god that was a riff from The Brute Man which is on right now, not related to any previous conversations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

God is dead?! GOOD!

E: oh god that was a riff from The Brute Man which is on right now, not related to any previous conversations.

I go back and watch that scene quite often just for Mike visibly losing his poo poo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

HopperUK posted:

I go back and watch that scene quite often just for Mike visibly losing his poo poo

Yeah, it's awesome to see him start cracking up and then just keep constantly losing it.

It really is a good question: why the hell does that guy keep employing the kid if he hates him so much?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Creeper, Creeper, Creeper... YOU GIVE ME THE CREEPS!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And then the Creeper murders the kid.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I watched the Killers from Space Film Crew episode last night. I had read about this movie but have never seen it. Apparently, it was the first movie to depict the canonical alien abduction scenario where big eyed aliens abduct someone, do medical experiments, then wipe their memory only for them to have nightmarish flashbacks (in this case the giant googly eyeballst hat were made from egg cartons) - all ten years before the first abduction story as such. This doesn't count the stories where people would see airships and be taken aboard by their pilots and flown to the North Pole. I think in those stories they were just supposed to be human inventors with monocles and tophats.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

HopperUK posted:

Mike losing his poo poo like this is always proof to me that this style of shooting the riffing like they did (as opposed to dubbing like with Netflix etc) is way better.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Super crunch is bad? Who knew

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Clouseau posted:

Mike losing his poo poo like this is always proof to me that this style of shooting the riffing like they did (as opposed to dubbing like with Netflix etc) is way better.

And what makes it even better is Trace is egging him on.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

How's your dog? :ohdear:

I’m not high but my dog is and I am.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Upsidads posted:

Super crunch is bad? Who knew

Crunch is bad and recording the riffers separately and dubbing in after just didn't work IMO. Half the entertainment for me is the way they all react to each other, laughing and little exchanges and stuff, whether scripted or not. The Gauntlet got that back, I'm sure it was just a product of the timescale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad they didn't do the absolutely awful canned shadowrama outside of those two shorts done during the lockdown.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There are so many negative scratches in episode 6 of Radar Men from the Moon that it looks like everyone are being controlled with puppet strings.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Clouseau posted:

Dawgstar posted:

And what makes it even better is Trace is egging him on.

Fancy Hollywood comedy writers and references to Rainer Werner Fassbinder are one thing, but sometimes just a well-timed snicker from Crow (any version) is enough to get the biggest belly laugh.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Two Anachronism jokes that get me.

Quest of the Delta Knights: Archimedes, "I invented staples, by the way!"

Cave Dwellers: "Use the handrails, I invented them for a reason!"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"There's been an accident at the studio."
"We made Hobgoblins."

Hobgoblins, still possibly the best episode.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"There's been an accident at the studio."
"We made Hobgoblins."

Hobgoblins, still possibly the best episode.

I was looking up Daran Norris, who plays the Club Scum Emcee, and among his other fantastic talents, which I've posted about before, he voiced Officer Chunk in Bloodlines :3:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

HopperUK posted:

I was looking up Daran Norris, who plays the Club Scum Emcee, and among his other fantastic talents, which I've posted about before, he voiced Officer Chunk in Bloodlines :3:

I'm rewatching iZombie, and it's always a trip when he shows up as Johnny Frost, the dodgy TV meteorologist.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A lot of Veronica Mars' public defender Cliff McCormack erasure around here. :colbert:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

SolarFire2 posted:

Two Anachronism jokes that get me.

Quest of the Delta Knights: Archimedes, "I invented staples, by the way!"

Cave Dwellers: "Use the handrails, I invented them for a reason!"

Servo indignantly listing all the things Ator would have had to do to build that hang glider always cracks me up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Apparently in the full cut of the film there’s more setup time where you see Ator carefully assembling his Stone Age hanglider but the MST3K edit is so much funnier.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

For people participating in the most recent RiffTrax kickstarter: the campaign has ended, but it looks like people contributed enough funds to unlock one more stretch goal, The Karate Kid MP3 riff.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Servo indignantly listing all the things Ator would have had to do to build that hang glider always cracks me up.

Here's a gift from my pal Henry Kissinger!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rick (Rock) Hildreth
Don (Dan) Atkins
James (Jimes) Tennison

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

And I will not call again.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Do you sell plastic turquoise pith helmets?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

And I will not call again.

That's a gag that gets me every time.

Also:

Jeez, do a pushup, kid.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Okay, everyone without shirts please put them on, and everyone with shirts please take them off!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Okay, stop! Everyone go up a shirt size!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Going through the shorts and for my money I don't know if there's a better moment in all of MST than in Mr. B, Buzz playing trumpet at the school dance, music is all slow and romantic, he raises the trumpet, takes a breath, and Crow or whoever does that Flight of the Bumblebee type BEEDLELBLLMMBDEDBLEBLDDELBLEDEBLEEE :lmao:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Pretty sure it's Tom, but yeah that one gets me every time too.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Crow's panicked "MOOOOMM???" during the Buzz bedroom scene is :kiss:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Data Graham posted:

Going through the shorts and for my money I don't know if there's a better moment in all of MST than in Mr. B, Buzz playing trumpet at the school dance, music is all slow and romantic, he raises the trumpet, takes a breath, and Crow or whoever does that Flight of the Bumblebee type BEEDLELBLLMMBDEDBLEBLDDELBLEDEBLEEE :lmao:

That bit of Servo loudly and manically imitating a sax solo when a movie has a suitable soundtrack always gets me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We're white, we're white, we're really really white...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Funky Valentine posted:

We're white, we're white, we're really really white...

Elgin is my black friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have a new friend and his name is Buffalo.