Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The 26th Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (26th Congress of the CPSU, Russian: XXVI съезд КПСС) is a 342.57 carat fancy lemon yellow raw diamond, the largest gem diamond ever found in Russia or the territory of the former USSR, and one of the largest in the world as of 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I didn't know diamonds were named using the same rules as racehorses

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
A 4,566 kg (10,066 lb) consignment of mangosteens was aboard Flight 370

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
In response to twenty years of declining coffee consumption, the association launched a $20 million "Join the Coffee Achievers" advertising campaign on September 11, 1983. Aimed at the 18-to-34 age group, the television commercials featured Ken Anderson, David Bowie, Jane Curtin, Joe Jackson, Allison Roe, Cicely Tyson, Kurt Vonnegut and Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson, and had Electric Light Orchestra's "Hold On Tight" as the theme song. The campaign was criticized by the Center for Science in the Public Interest's Michael F. Jacobson who targeted statements about coffee providing "serenity and contentment" as being incorrect and misleading.[7][8]

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviticus_18

I'm cool with articles on the Bible, and on individual books in the Bible, but an article on a particular verse in a particular book is where I draw the line on "worthless".

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

darthbob88 posted:

I'm cool with articles on the Bible, and on individual books in the Bible, but an article on a particular verse in a particular book is where I draw the line on "worthless".

okay but youre really burying the lede here

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

darthbob88 posted:

given that this verse is the one that essentially all gay-bashing christians cite as justification, i'd say it's worth an article of its own

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The image on this article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_standoff

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Plz no doxxing HP, Beeps, and myself at the last :gooncamp:.

:(

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
apparent

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

darthbob88 posted:

that’s an article on a chapter, not a verse

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fart simpson posted:

that’s an article on a chapter, not a verse

:iceburn:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
A dance that Faison performs during an episode of Scrubs is featured in the video game Fortnite.[citation needed]

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It was invented in India.[citation needed] The culture of chillum-smoking has spread from India to the rest of the world since the mid-1960s.[dubious – discuss]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Suspicious Dish posted:

A dance that Faison performs during an episode of Scrubs is featured in the video game Fortnite.[citation needed]

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Examples
  • Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes
  • Linus van Pelt from Peanuts
  • Tommy Pickles from Rugrats
  • Butters Stotch from South Park
  • Andrew "Ender" Wiggin from Ender's Game
  • Stewie Griffin from Family Guy
  • Maggie Simpson from The Simpsons.
  • Jake Chambers from The Dark Tower
  • Krishna from Srimad Bhagavatham
  • Corwin from Roger Zelazny's The Chronicles of Amber (Corwin actually evolves through several child archetypes, from "wounded child" to "divine child")
  • Damien from The Omen
  • Lyra Belacqua from His Dark Materials (Lyra also evolves throughout the story, as she undergoes a maturation process and eventually loses her innocence)
  • Huey Freeman from The Boondocks
  • Jesus Christ from "The Bible"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:eyepop:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Themes

The monsters featured in such works include dinosaurs (see dinosaur erotica),[2] cryptids such as yetis, mythical and legendary beings such as minotaurs and leprechauns, or extraterrestrials.[1] Titles typical of the genre include Cum For Bigfoot, Frankenstein's Bitch, Milked by the Aliens[1] or Taken by the T-Rex.[2]

Monster erotica writers argue that sex with monsters is different from sex with animals in that the monsters are portrayed as intelligent beings and as being in control of the encounter.[1] However, erotic monster novels often feature non-consensual sex at least as regards the human participants.[1]

History

Most erotic monster novels are self-published. In 2013, none of the publishers contacted by Business Insider for an article about the genre responded when asked if they had been offered such works.[1]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
and here is the page that links to that one, that by now a nonzero number of his (future) constituents have visited:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Riggleman

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how is that not a made up name

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

haveblue posted:

how is that not a made up name

On the IL gov ballot there was a lib candidate whos name was so ridic I just had to vote for him since the traditional party candidates are all worthless

Grayson "Kash" Jackson (born October 4, 1978 as Benjamin Adam Winderweedle[1])

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Walter Freshwater Pool is my favorite politician name

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there's a perennial also-ran in NY politics named Zephyr Teachout

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Description

The creature is described as bipedal, 7 feet (2 m) tall, with gray hair and yellow or red eyes, and accompanied by a disgusting smell.[citation needed] Footprints supposedly left by the creature have three webbed toes. For some the Swamp Monster is just a old folk lore but for others who have claimed to see it. Know what they saw[citation needed]

Criticism

The idea of a large, ape-like creature in the area is not without its critics, notably the local ecologist Paul Wagner who, with his wife Sue, run nature tours in the area. Neither they nor their Cajun guide, Robbie Charbonnet, have seen any evidence for it.[1]

Folklore

A legend tells of a train wreck in the area in the early 20th century. A travelling circus was on the train, and from it a group of chimpanzees escaped and interbred with the local alligator population.[citation needed]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
seems legit

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

the toilet that pisses back

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

who pisses the pissmen? the wiki toilet, that's who

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The gesture dates back to Ancient Greece and it was also used in Ancient Rome. Historically, it represented the phallus. In some modern cultures, it has gained increasing recognition as a sign of disrespect, and has been used by music artists (notably more common among hardcore punk bands and rappers), actors, celebrities, athletes, and politicians. Most still view the gesture as obscene. The index finger and ring finger besides the middle finger in more contemporary periods has been likened to represent the testes.[2]

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

a professional psychic, using the name Ghostbusty. She stated, "Everything happens for a reason and I know I was supposed to have huge boobs to help the world one soul at a time

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
mods pleeease

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

there's a perennial also-ran in NY politics named Zephyr Teachout

And Vermin Supreme

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

DSYP

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
would you like fleas with that

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Texas City disaster

For the 2005 oil refinery fire, see Texas City Refinery explosion.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lsjbot

generating 10,000 wikipedia articles a day

in Cebuano and Swedish.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Johansson countered attacks on his methods by noting that if the bot does not write articles, "otherwise they're mainly written by young, white, male nerds and reflect male interests."[6]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol noble but myopic

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Ah yes all those young white males who speak Cebuano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also the bot is controlled by an old white male so its not like the articles are any more diverse anyway... actually theyre even less so, since they only reflect his interests