Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Solice Kirsk posted:

How are they? I've been thinking about turning my spare room into a studio so I can pretend to be a musician again, and the first thing I'm gonna need is headphones.

It's the bigger daddy of the HD650 which I have, and find great, so they are pretty much guaranteed to be excellent. Top end Sennys are just solid generally. Not cheap though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

Finally got the coverup I've needed for 10 years.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quad posted:

What are you covering it up with?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Quad posted:

Lol u got fisted.

Last Resort
Feb 15, 2015

bowmore posted:

drat so good

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

With pants hopefully

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bowmore posted:

:drat:

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Megabound posted:

New mouse:

New keyboard:

I need the deets on these please!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
What’s the deal with that mouse?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

What’s the deal with that mouse?

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-vertical-ergonomic-mouse?crid=7

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Do they also sell the other two sea shells?

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

Megabound posted:

New watch:

I like the watch. So you timing your cat? How fast was it?

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Subjunctive posted:

Do they also sell the other two sea shells?

Do you even know how to use them?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Bought a new (to me) car, 2016 Honda Civic LX.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Bunk Rogers posted:

I need the deets on these please!

It's a Logitech MX Vertical mouse and Ergodox EZ keyboard.

Got both to help combat RSI that I can feel coming on from work. I've got a friend with the Ergodox that loves it, he was in a bad motorcycle accident and it's given him the ability to type without pain again.

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

I like the watch. So you timing your cat? How fast was it?

Her lap times are extraordinary.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Op shop find today, leather bag to put my field camera gear in

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Yeah camera gear 😈

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah camera gear 😈

:toot: I've had that on my wish list for a few years. How are you liking it?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I'll have it wed. Used to shoot on one on Canon but that was on an old 5d i and ii so I'm expecting to love it way more this time around with VR and Nikon focusing.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I got a new 3D printer:

The 3D printer I was using had to go back home to its owner, and I need one for work. Still working on getting the settings figured out, but this level of detail should be really, really helpful for some smaller pieces and mold making for runs of those.

I also got some cleaner, gloves, and shop towels to process them when they're done. Looks like it might be pretty tedious, but I'm excited for the higher part quality.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So what is it? (make/model/etc)

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ah, sorry. It's an Anycubic Photon. Going over my last several projects, I hadn't realized how little space I could get seat with.

Fingers crossed it's good to go tomorrow with the calibration prints over the weekend.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tyres. Aero. Cologne. Reservations at cellar con roca and ynyshir. Sunglasses. Sneakers. Whisky. The essentials.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I prefer the old packaging to be honest.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You bought half empty bottles of Pappy?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No i bought drams of each. Ive literally never seen it in the uk before so I was very happy.
I don’t even know how I’d go about sourcing a bottle here without paying insane overs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They're insanely priced anyways. I actually have a direct line on some bottles this year and he said he'd give them to me at wholesale cost. Thinking about picking up a 15 and the Rip Van Winkle 10 since those two are my favorites.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

They're insanely priced anyways. I actually have a direct line on some bottles this year and he said he'd give them to me at wholesale cost. Thinking about picking up a 15 and the Rip Van Winkle 10 since those two are my favorites.

Hook me, your brother, up with one of each. Thanks

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'll see what I can do. He's selling his distribution business and we've been working together for a few years now so this is his way of thanking me for everything. I don't want it to seem like I'm taking advantage of the situation. He tried to give me a bottle of WhistlePig 15 that I had to decline since it's value is over $100 and I have to have "ethics" for my stupid goddamned job....I hate it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No ethics only... ethanolics

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:respek:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Holy poo poo 1000 bucks for that bourbon...whyyyy?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LifeSunDeath posted:

Shits good yo

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Some dad shoes

Family Vacation a couple weeks ago

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

How are they? I've been thinking about turning my spare room into a studio so I can pretend to be a musician again, and the first thing I'm gonna need is headphones.

Well received them today. They are not good. They are perfect.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

That's what they are after market. If you're lucky enough to find a place that actually sells it when they come in instead of selling it to their employees for resale then they are expensive but not ridiculously priced. The 15 is supposed to sell for about $80 and the 23 is supposed to sell for about $250. It's just that retailers never do that because of the demand and the after market prices are even crazier.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I had some Pappy Van Winkle at a local bar & I liked it, which is rare since I don't usually care for bourbons.

Content:

Local coffee place has some Yirgacheffe so I bought some whole beans to have at home.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Pappy is a completely solid to pretty great mid-high tier whiskey that went viral and now commands outrageous prices from idiots with too much money. If you can get it for msrp it’s a great choice but there are comparable or better ones available at all price points too.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah there are some super tasty bourbons out there in the $40-$60 price range. A lot of them. There are of course good ones at much higher price points as well, but it's tough to say that they're any better (or would do any better in a blind tasting), and even if they are, the diminishing returns set in quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I've had $100+ bottles of scotch and cognac, and they were really good but I didn't pay for them. Usually 30-50 dollar scotch is totally fine...500-1000 for bourbon is just a straight up grift.