Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

njsykora posted:

He's a giant, strong, charismatic and incredibly talented guy. I can see him winning Money in the Bank next year. As it is he's pretty much single handedly revived the US title in the 4-5 months he's had and I think has only been pinned 3-4 times since. Dude's going to be world champion before next Wrestlemania.

Also yeah, my Twitter feed exploded last night when PAC showed up at the tapings. Can't wait for that set to start.
The only thing I worry about is people still don't give a poo poo when he enters the ring :ohdear: How can anyone not boo this foreign heel? He's so drat :smug: but all the crowd does is :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm not his biggest fan, but at the moment Cesario hasn't really had a feud of note to make the fans care one way or another about him. It would probably help if his promo's were on the WWE shows instead of youtube, but the same could be said for everything in after the bell.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

achillesforever6 posted:

The only thing I worry about is people still don't give a poo poo when he enters the ring :ohdear: How can anyone not boo this foreign heel? He's so drat :smug: but all the crowd does is :effort:

He does draw great heat when he starts talking though, give it time and it'll happen.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think Regal is influencing HHH a bit and that's why Ambrose and Cesaro are getting such strong pushes. Which, if so, is JUST FUCKIN' DANDY.

Indy fans need to realize that Cesaro/Claudio is a guy the WWE has wanted for loving years but he stayed in the indies to get better. He's not like a Daniel Bryan where he was small, pale and awkward so his wrestling ability was ignored by the Johnny Aces of the world. When Claudio was awkward with ugly long hair he was still vetted for a WWE development deal.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I also don't understand why people on a forum I go to think Foreign Heels are overplayed and that Antonio should have another gimmick when being a :smug: European is perfect.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

njsykora posted:

I heard someone put across the idea that Jack Swagger could come back as a babyface and beat Cesaro for the US title. If done properly, that would shoot Cesaro to the main event and do great things for Swagger.

But yeah, I'm expecting the midcard titles to be unified pretty soon. Possibly at Mania.

Everyone is putting across this idea, because it makes way too much sense not to do it. I actually had a dream recently that Swagger came back in a generic heel role with zero fanfare (think DiBiase's recent return but heelier) and even my subconscious was super pissed off at how stupid the booking was.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

achillesforever6 posted:

I also don't understand why people on a forum I go to think Foreign Heels are overplayed and that Antonio should have another gimmick when being a :smug: European is perfect.

Speaking different languages is boring. Like, really boring. You might like it but it was killing crowds.

There are different ways to play a foreign :smug: heel. For some reason, WWE gets them to almost always play it the same way. There is very little difference between Del Rio's delivery and McIntyre's delivery at debut, even though they speak with different accents, come from different continents and had different gimmicks.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cesaro gets much more out of the evil foreigner thing by having the US title, because he can wind people up pointing out that has it.

Really though the reason evil foreigner characters annoy people is because it reminds everyone that wrestling crowds are the kind of people who hate anything educated and non-American.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Everyone is putting across this idea, because it makes way too much sense not to do it. I actually had a dream recently that Swagger came back in a generic heel role with zero fanfare (think DiBiase's recent return but heelier) and even my subconscious was super pissed off at how stupid the booking was.

DiBiase came back? I guess that's kind of your point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

On Smackdown Cesaro gave a really good (and pretty lengthy) promo ripping on the failure of the American Dream and tearing into the crowd for their failures which were going to be repeated by their children and grandchildren. It's definitely a step in the right direction (in my opinion) now that he's firmly established for the crowds as "that foreign dude what's got the US title but ain't even from America!"

Anyway, I have little to complain about in regards to Cesaro since WWE seems determined to keep pushing him and I know he absolutely has the talent and skills to deserve that push.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
The Swiss national anthem is pretty good so could be used for the "Stand up while I sing the National anthem......of Switzerland!" foreign heel thing.

"...Now stay standing while I sing it in French!"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Ratedargh posted:

DiBiase came back? I guess that's kind of your point.

He returned in a PPV pre-show battle royal a few months ago with very little mention of the fact that he was ever gone and has been on Superstars once or twice since.

...and speaking of Superstars.

December 6, 2012

Ryder vs. Tensai
Otunga vs. Brodus with special guest ref Khali (?!)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

December 8, 2012

Sheamus vs. Titus
Booker T segment
Cena vs. Slater

Saturday Morning Slam is the A show this week!

Ha, Cena sold a Heath Slater bodyslam harder than most other guys' finishers. Also, somebody please .gif 3MB air guitaring over a fallen Cena.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 9, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Looks like the NXT roster is smaller on their website, who did they get rid of? I see that Bronson is gone which is sad since I kind of dug him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Wasn't Bronson the guy who looked like Duke Nukem?

If so, he was ready for a world title run just for his look.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

VogeGandire posted:

Bronson was the kind of big/rotund looking dude with the bald head and psuedo MMA gimmick.

Edit: Actually he's still there.

Suben fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 10, 2012

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bronson is there on my end?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Pretty sure Duke guy was Nick Rodgers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Suben posted:

Bronson was the kind of big/rotund looking dude with the bald head and psuedo MMA gimmick.

Edit: Actually he's still there.
Oh guess there was an error or something

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

There are different ways to play a foreign :smug: heel. For some reason, WWE gets them to almost always play it the same way. There is very little difference between Del Rio's delivery and McIntyre's delivery at debut, even though they speak with different accents, come from different continents and had different gimmicks.
Those two weeks where Sheamus decided to become "American" when he had the US title were awesome.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
His USA gear was great and I'm disappointed it didn't exist as long as it should have.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm not his biggest fan, but at the moment Cesario hasn't really had a feud of note to make the fans care one way or another about him. It would probably help if his promo's were on the WWE shows instead of youtube, but the same could be said for everything in after the bell.

Are there any faces beloved and strong enough for Cesaro to do a cliche post match beatdown on champion to declare his intent style main event push? I don't really think so. Cena maybe I guess? If Punk was still superface he would have been pretty drat good at tossing these good midcard heels into the main event picture like that.

If they gave Daniel Bryan a run with the WWE Championship when the Team Hell No thing winds up and push the American Dragon thing a bit more he would be a pretty great first main event feud for Antonio. They would have the best matches.

Anyway at this rate Antonio will probably win the Rumble.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MacDougall posted:

Anyway at this rate Antonio will probably win the Rumble.

If this happens, I will mark out harder than the "IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT" guy.

This NEEDS to happen.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

December 8, 2012

Sheamus vs. Titus
Booker T segment
Cena vs. Slater

Saturday Morning Slam is the A show this week!

Ha, Cena sold a Heath Slater bodyslam harder than most other guys' finishers. Also, somebody please .gif 3MB air guitaring over a fallen Cena.

Booker T's guide to doing a spin-a-roonie
Step 1: Hand
Step 2: Down on one knee
Step 3: Spin-a-roonie

I was really surprised on how well they made Slater look. I haven't been watching too much wrestling recently, has WWE been pushing 3MB?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Cechmanek posted:

I was really surprised on how well they made Slater look. I haven't been watching too much wrestling recently, has WWE been pushing 3MB?

I think this was the first non-DQ loss they've had on TV since getting together, so I guess they're sort of being pushed. Not getting the TV time we'd like, though.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Cechmanek posted:

Booker T's guide to doing a spin-a-roonie
Step 1: Hand
Step 2: Down on one knee
Step 3: Spin-a-roonie

They're pushing that they're a good team since combining, so they've been beating jobbers and low low low mid-carders.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

December 12, 2012

Paige vs. Sasha Banks
Leakee promo
Kruger & Ohno promo (they're apparently going by the Cruel & Unusual Connection)
Eric Rowan vs. Oliver Grey
Dusty promo
Seth Rollins vs. Jinder Mahal (3MB version)

Wow, hell of a main event this week. Not sure what's with Rollins' Egyptian gear though. Looking forward to where the title situation goes from here.

December 12, 2012

Ryback vs. ADR
Kidd & Gabriel vs. 3MB

Fun ME, Ryback looked reasonably competent with somebody decent to carry him. Miz was abysmal on commentary, though - has he always been this much of a mush-mouth?

"They were going to give a state of the address on Monday."
"Jinder likes to know himself as the fun one."

He sure does, Miz, he sure does.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 13, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Main Event is the definition of missable this week.

NXT random thoughts

- Paige is great, and it looks like Sasha Banks has a bit of talent going around as well. Good things happening in the NXT Divas division.
- Kidd/Regal vs Ohno/Rollins is really happening isn't it? drat that's going to be insane.
- Bray Wyatt keeps getting better, and the fact that he's building a stable of brick shithouses is awesome.
- I know it gets said every week, but holy christ is Big E over.
- Big Show is going to knock Bo's head off. I'm totally cool with this plan.
- Jinder is using the 3MB music on NXT now. I approve.
- Great match from what I saw of it (very tired so drifting in and out of consciousness) and very happy to see Corey Graves seemingly next in line, that should be fun to watch.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
If things that Ohno said on Twitter are true, they're calling the Leo Kruger/Kassius Ohno duo the "Cruel & Unusual Connection."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jay 2K Winger posted:

If things that Ohno said on Twitter are true, they're calling the Leo Kruger/Kassius Ohno duo the "Cruel & Unusual Connection."
Having Ohno work with Kruger is a pretty smart move in helping his development.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Having Ohno work with Kruger is a pretty smart move in helping his development.

And having them both work with Regal and Kidd is also smart!

NXT: where smart decisions are made.

...except with regard to Roman Reigns.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

December 15, 2012

Kidd & Gabriel vs. PTP
Tribute to the Troops segment
Ryback vs. Jobber x2

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So Rollins, Reigns and now Big E. Anyone running a book on Kassius or Richie being called up before Mania?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Someone is getting called up close to Rumble. First Maddox at HiaC. Then The Shield at SS. Now it's Big E after TLC.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Please be Bray or Kassius.

PLEASE.

NOT BO.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I would kill for the Wyatt family to debut in January. They would be instantly over if they let Bray cut a promo and Harper kick somebody.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

December 19, 2012

Rhodes Scholars vs. Hell No
PTP vs. Team CoBro

Santino trying to get around Titus with a head fake only to be clobbered cracked me right up.

And here's Tribute to the Troops Twenty-Twelve for those who missed it.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 20, 2012

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

December 19, 2012

PrimEpico vs. Usos
Aiden English & Camacho vs. Big E
Percy Watson vs. Kassius Ohno
Seth Rollins interview
Terrible John Cena promo
Big Show vs. Bo Dallas

Decent show this week. Surprised they aired that Ascension segment. Glad Rollins is being dressed by Bossman's mom now, because he looks like a goof when he dresses himself. Ohno's finisher looked different (in a bad way) this week, but maybe it was just the camera angle.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Big Show is a big fan of Bo Dallas. Hope the match is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kassius vs Regal is happening. :neckbeard:

• Locked thread