Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
the AL West owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Devo posted:

My team decided a 9 game lead was too much and is now just going to lose every divisional game to tighten things up again.

jesus and that's still the least close division, everything's gonna come down to the wire here. also: the best team from both the AL and NL to miss the playoffs is basically guaranteed to come from the two West divisions, despite that team being as good as or better than any of the other four division leaders. West Best. Baseball's weird.

^^^dammit jebus

e: I have the best home record somehow?? Astrodome is paradise, Astrodome Speed Forever

e2: ok not actually the best record because captmurphy's played/lost fewer, but most home wins, still cool

e3: oh yeah and I'm really glad I played kensei after gardenald got his pitching staff ready for me, I scored 41 runs in the last two of our series (only 5 in the first one weirdly, but w/e)

uublog fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 29, 2014

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

Devo posted:

My team decided a 9 game lead was too much and is now just going to lose every divisional game to tighten things up again.

You have an 80 WIS choke tool.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Ted Williams is pretty good you guys

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Jesus the NL West has the top three pythags too, god drat, one of youse is gonna get so loving screwed

Meanwhile I lead the AL in pythag and normal winning percentage and both are exactly the same. Somehow my completely bizarre season has evened itself out.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

gently caress steve garrelts a lot, he's really lovely except against me

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

uublog posted:

gently caress steve garrelts a lot, he's really lovely except against me

about time you lost some games :mad:

i'm going to finish with one of the best records i've had in a while and miss the playoffs because of this division

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

angrygodofjebus posted:

about time you lost some games :mad:

i'm going to finish with one of the best records i've had in a while and miss the playoffs because of this division

lmao but why couldn't it have been to a badass Pedro or something

Also before this new crazy run I thought I was going to have my personal best non-prog SLB record and miss the playoffs (I still think that, it's just less likely now)

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Ugh when I said "a badass Pedro or something" I def did not mean a mediocre Clemens

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Regardless what happens in the AL Best, I just enjoy the fact that I built a team that is first in walks but last in hits. Hilarious.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

This team is so awesome. Now if my pitching just didn't suck. I'd be over .500

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

just looked at the full schedule to see that my last 8 games should decide the AL West and Wildcard, which is a cool way to end the season and I look forward to losing them all

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

There are only five teams that still have a shot at 100 wins. Ivan, with the best record, would need to go 19-6 or better. We haven't had a 100-game winner since Nero in S22.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

uublog posted:

There are only five teams that still have a shot at 100 wins. Ivan, with the best record, would need to go 19-6 or better. We haven't had a 100-game winner since Nero in S22.
I somehow lost 11 in a row earlier this year :(

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Ivan Drago posted:

I somehow lost 11 in a row earlier this year :(

Hahahaha it's really incredible that you could lose 11 in a row at any point and have the best record in the league

The last series I lost was to PMP an irl week and a half ago (6/25 AM-PM2), and it was the sixth series I had lost of my last eight. I went 8-15 in that span. That was preceded by my winning 14 of 16, which replaced a 7-game winning streak that came immediately after a 6-game losing streak as my most prolonged success of the season. Since losing that series to PMP on 6/25, I've won nine series in a row, and 22 of 28 games overall. (Though I should mention I've lost the first game to gyro, and am already on the verge of snapping said streak.)

To recap, my last 67 games can be broken down as such: won 87.5% for 16 games, lost 65.2% for 23 games, won 78.6% for 28 games, or in less number-y words: there are a literal rollercoaster of emotion, which I suppose is still better than the Enron Ride of Broken Dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3imSKAvgmY

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

uublog posted:

(Though I should mention I've lost the first game to gyro, and am already on the verge of snapping said streak.)

Hahaha in game 2 I was up 1-0 after five and a half before a McGwire two-run double and a Burrell three-run homer in the 7th (unearned because Cliff Lee booted a routine grounder for his first error) and my 9th-inning rally fell just short so I lost again with the tying run at second. Welp gently caress

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

You have an 80 WIS choke tool.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

lol I lost 5 of 6 to two last place teams I want to never play a road game again

thank god for greg maddux who is good and cool and he's my friend and I like him

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

This division is stupid(ly awesome). I should be cruising to a 1 or 2 seed literally anywhere else.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Capt Murphy posted:

This division is stupid(ly awesome). I should be cruising to a 1 or 2 seed literally anywhere else.

at least you're leading the Wild Card! jeff would be, at worst, 2 games up in any of the East or Central divisions, but he'll probably miss the playoffs because You Can't Predict Sim Baseball, Suzyn. Speaking of raw deals, EB has the best run differential and could very well miss the playoffs. If he makes it, it could be as one of two sub-.500 division winners. Meanwhile, only you (barely) and Ivan are still within reach of 100 wins.

I don't get this season at all

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Don't worry, EB won't be missing the playoffs. My team is in full blown Stan Musial Tribute League Mode right now.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
goddamn it sim league stop making me choke this division away, my team is pretty decent.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

The broken bones posted:

goddamn it sim league stop making me choke this division away, my team is pretty decent.

Nobody wants this division apparently.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

It's kinda crazy that kensei is on pace to allow 1250 runs (the most since gardenald's Coors Nightmare) and is still a totally realistic possibility to win a division

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

lovely rear end Joe Niekro just threw 8 shutout against the best offense :stare: :psyduck: well then!

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
:stare:

This is the highest score I've seen vs a non tanking/fatigued team

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

ManifunkDestiny posted:

lol you have the second-best pythag because of that game (the only thing keeping you out of first is captmurphy's 11-game winning streak which is also :stare:)

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.
code:
Central	                          W-L 	PCT	GB	MagN	 L10 	STRK	Home	Away	Live	Owner
Just Me and the B-Boys Boppin'	76-77	0.497	-	10	2-8	L2	40-36	36-41	0-0	kingofspain	
Undead Reckoning Improves PGH	76-77	0.497	-	-	3-7	L2	33-43	43-34	0-0	bob_shabazz	
game of thrones reference	76-77	0.497	-	-	3-7	W2	43-34	33-43	0-0	koyunlu	
O Brother Cuellart Thou?	70-83	0.458	6	-	6-4	W2	41-36	29-47	0-0	pumpkinmcp	
we may have a sub-.500 division winner AND a three-way tie

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.

ManifunkDestiny posted:

ricky botalico is poo poo

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

My team is toast, but this was a fun season. I really liked my bullpen for the first time ever.

$10 million on Mantle for a <.850 OPS sunk my offense. I wish I did punch him in the face

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Devo posted:

Don't worry, EB won't be missing the playoffs. My team is in full blown Stan Musial Tribute League Mode right now.

I appreciate you jinxing the gently caress out of my team.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

EvilBeard posted:

I appreciate you jinxing the gently caress out of my team.

It's really the only thing that's worked for my team all season.

Now AU is totally making the playoffs.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
Got my pythag up over .500 for now, I guess.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

What's really important, can I overtake devo for + play champion of the universe?!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Devo posted:

It's really the only thing that's worked for my team all season.

Now AU is totally making the playoffs.

lmao this is incredible I cant wait to be crushed in game 4 now.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

jesus christ back-to-back walkoff losses to jebus. the first one a David Justice homer, the second a walkoff walk issued by Felix to Joey Cora lol

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

gently caress you all, I hate this game

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

uublog posted:

jesus christ back-to-back walkoff losses to jebus. the first one a David Justice homer, the second a walkoff walk issued by Felix to Joey Cora lol

F.Hernandez enters the game to pitch.
J.Thome takes ball four.
D.Justice draws the walk.
J.Cora draws the walk. M.Cabrera scores.

That's pretty rough.

If I win out I can still catch manifunk. The dream is alive until one of my terrible starters blows a game

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
lol my team

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread