Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

it is Good in the sense that they have released a beige gamelike product that you can indeed stick in your console/PC and play

it's a game, guys, they did it

good work team, high fives all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Eruonen posted:

good debate all

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mr. Pumroy posted:

sorry haters the results are in

Finally my opinions receive the objective validation they always deserved

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

mabels big day posted:

I didn't want this game until i watched this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC83kY3rywE

this is good

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

"Worked on Watch_Dogs"

*bang*

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
please keep your eyes out for my Watch_Dogs mod that gives even more varied and better reasons to hate crime people in the game

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Pre-Ordered Watch_Dogs for the iconic hat"

*bang*

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
lolololol atomo got ubi to give a response to the trayvon martin thing:

quote:

“When a new NPC is spawned, a new name is randomly generated from a bank of more than 1,000 options — and it’s a random mix of first names and last names. Most of these names are taken from annual most popular names books as well as from building names. Any NPC with the name Kavon Fortin appears by random in the game and it is absolutely not an intentional reference to Trayvon Martin — in fact, these names were solidified in-game before the Trayvon Martin incident.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/is-there-a-terrible-trayvon-martin-reference-in-watch-dogs

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Nice to see they got the random name generator in 2 years ago, their priorities were obviously in order in the early stages of development

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Watching A Dog > Watch Dogs

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Nice to see they got the random name generator in 2 years ago, their priorities were obviously in order in the early stages of development

The game spent 5 years in development.

Dec 26, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Watching A Dog > Watch Dogs

watching a dog > most things

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

The game spent 5 years in development.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
trip report: not a bad game, will play inevitable sequel. very easy to cheese some missions by reloading checkpoints to get a free vehicle or get rid of enemies.

Also, haven't been able to actually get online in game for nearly a week thanks to ubisoft's garbage servers imploding or something

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SpazmasterX posted:

trip report: not a bad game, will play inevitable sequel. very easy to cheese some missions by reloading checkpoints to get a free vehicle or get rid of enemies.

Also, haven't been able to actually get online in game for nearly a week thanks to ubisoft's garbage servers imploding or something

Jesus Christ.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
got this game for free with my new graphics card and sold it

gonna play sleepy dogs instead. what other crazy graphics games should I check out

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Liquid Penguins posted:

got this game for free with my new graphics card and sold it

gonna play sleepy dogs instead. what other crazy graphics games should I check out

If you can get it dirt cheap you might as well get Crysis 3. It's a boring/bad game in my opinion but if you liked Crysis 2 it is more or less like that and maybe you will have better luck. It is the best looking game out there, end of story. I can't really get a stable 30fps on Very high on a 7950 but it looks so good on High that it's irrelevant.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Soral posted:

actually the a button made you run in ps2 era rockstar games (and beyond) so it isn't as bad

meanwhile, in watch dogs, the run button is the right trigger (which is also used for shooting) for some dumb moron reason. you can't blindfire in watch dogs because pulling the trigger makes you sprint.

do you mean that you can't move and shoot

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

conceitedguy posted:

do you mean that you can't move and shoot

No you just can't sprint and shoot which you wouldn't do anyways because the guy is made of glass

Soral
May 30, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

No you just can't sprint and shoot which you wouldn't do anyways because the guy is made of glass

no, you can't blindfire while shooting because unless you're aiming down sights the shoot button makes you sprint

you're made of glass and yet you cant fire from around cover or spray into a crowd because of the lovely control scheme

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Soral posted:

no, you can't blindfire while shooting because unless you're aiming down sights the shoot button makes you sprint

you're made of glass and yet you cant fire from around cover or spray into a crowd because of the lovely control scheme

It's not Gears dude. You're made of glass because you're supposed to combine hacking/stealth with a little cover shooting. The game is so easy that you CAN post up behind a crate with an AK and get away with it but that's clearly not what the game is about and at no point do they teach you to play like that.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

mabels big day posted:

I didn't want this game until i watched this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC83kY3rywE

this is a pro click

Soral
May 30, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It's not Gears dude. You're made of glass because you're supposed to combine hacking/stealth with a little cover shooting. The game is so easy that you CAN post up behind a crate with an AK and get away with it but that's clearly not what the game is about and at no point do they teach you to play like that.

there is no less than 5 points during the game where i have been put into a situation where literally the only option is to play it as a cover shooter because of a complete lack of hackable items

Soral
May 30, 2009

for a game about stealth they sure do force you into open combat with no way to stealth a whole lot during the campaign

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

your confidence level in the foresight of people who made trains turn at 90 degree angles is surprisingly high

Soral
May 30, 2009

there are several mechanics that make for high intensity gameplay (such as car chases) and yet the climax of the game involves a long drawn out gunfight in an arena scattered with waist high walls and nothing in the immediate area that is hackable, forcing you to sit behind a crate and pop up out of cover to shoot at enemies that take several seconds of focused fire from an lmg to kill who carry weapons that will kill you extremely quickly because youre made of glass

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
so basically every game since 06?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

It runs really smooth pretty much maxed out on settings too, which is pretty surprising since the game looks really bad for a modern game

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

ForeverSmug posted:

hacking was removed in the beta to make room for fun things like

memes

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

holy poo poo you got me there you loving master comedian you!

haha :p it's all good

seriously though, the game looks bad.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Soral posted:

there is no less than 5 points during the game where i have been put into a situation where literally the only option is to play it as a cover shooter because of a complete lack of hackable items

There's a handful, easily dispatched with Focus and crafted items

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Combat in W_D is trivial top to bottom

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Combat in W_D is trivial top to bottom

uhhhh who care about combat? is the story deep and meaningful?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
well, it isn't quite gibberish.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
can I hack the Field Museum to make all of the taxidermied animals come to life and go on a rampage

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
If someone enjoyed it they didn't waste their money, OP

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

its really sad that they had a cool concept in the initial trailer and then hosed up their core gameplay element to make it more shooty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Do they make any jokes about the Cubs not winning the pennant even in FutureChicago

• Locked thread