Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Now let's see Darunia do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

To clarify, go to "Warrior Info" (I think) in the preparations menu.

I'm almost certainly only one skulltula can show up per level attempt. So if you get the 1k kills skulltula, you won't be able to get the 1.2k + don't take more than 4 hearts damage one in the same run.

quote:

He (Groose) might be DLC?

Unless they do a second season or free DLC, it doesn't look like he'll be in any of the currently announced DLC.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 30, 2014

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

I want a gif of Link doing the finger twirl thing. :allears:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Now let's see Darunia do that.

It's too bad you can't do this with characters that only have one weapon, cause I want to see him bellyflopping around with Ruto's or Fi's moveset. :allears:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There is nothing about this I don't love, and now I'm sad we can't just swap movesets between characters.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kaubocks posted:

To clarify, go to "Warrior Info" (I think) in the preparations menu.

Wait, really? I thought that just listed combos and weapon info! Everything that gives me difficulty in this game is like, written in big red letters that say "HERE'S HOW YOU DO THIS, YOU IDIOT."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Wait, really? I thought that just listed combos and weapon info! Everything that gives me difficulty in this game is like, written in big red letters that say "HERE'S HOW YOU DO THIS, YOU IDIOT."

Yep, it has that but the last option is "Check Skulltulas".

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not sure if this was posted already but..
http://toragame.com/zelda_musou/adventure/map_black.php

This lets you see where to use the items in for all the adventure mode squares.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's so great about the Naginata? It doesn't feel nearly as good as the Giant's knife. What am I missing?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
So Link, Impa, Lana, Zelda can switch up each other's weapons.

Using Great Fairy as under the skin would just have them in a bottle. What would using her weapon as skin do?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

greatn posted:

What's so great about the Naginata? It doesn't feel nearly as good as the Giant's knife. What am I missing?

Have you upgraded its combos all the way? Because the last one is one of the most incredible crowd clearing moves I've seen so far.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

greatn posted:

YYYYX is almost as good at crowd clearing as the water ball attack but IMO the Naginata's special weapon is way better.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Not sure if this was posted already but..
http://toragame.com/zelda_musou/adventure/map_black.php

This lets you see where to use the items in for all the adventure mode squares.

sweet, this needs to go in the OP

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Have you upgraded its combos all the way? Because the last one is one of the most incredible crowd clearing moves I've seen so far.

You have to play through the leg of Legends mode where it splits and play Impa's scenario to do this, I assume, right?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No you just need to get the Naginata (it's the closest weapon in adventure mode) and then craft all the "wooden sword" badges for Impa since those are what give the Naginata more moves.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

No you just need to get the Naginata (it's the closest weapon in adventure mode) and then craft all the "wooden sword" badges for Impa since those are what give the Naginata more moves.

Hm. Okay. I could swear I didn't have the materials for Wooden Sword for her second weapon, but maybe I actually already did it and just forgot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I admit I haven't been paying any attention to the best places to get any given materials, but just by fooling around in adventure mode I had that weapon fully upgraded before too long.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I like that it's a plot point that Link having a personality is bad

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Bicyclops posted:

How is it that in this glorious year of 2014 I cannot just shove phrases into Google and come out with a complete guide to Adventure Mode that lists the rewards for every square and the requirements for getting each of them? What is this, the Stone Age, where I have to look for cave walls that have Bradygames Strategy Guides scrawled on them?

I have Skulltulas and heart pieces to find that weren't obvious to me after playing a square two or three times here, Gamefaqs!

There's a thing in the character information pre-battle that tells you Skulltula conditions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lessail posted:

I like that it's a plot point that Link having a personality is bad

My favorite is Link forgetting to put the Master Sword back and going to have a nap which causes ganondorf to revive

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sockser posted:

There's a thing in the character information pre-battle that tells you Skulltula conditions.

So we've established, thankfully, but what about the heart pieces, Sockser. What about the heart pieces?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Bicyclops posted:

So we've established, thankfully, but what about the heart pieces, Sockser. What about the heart pieces?

Heart Pieces in Legend Mode always come from capping optional keeps. Heart Containers come from blowing up boulders or destroying vines or whatever.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

In adventure mode I've only ever gotten them from capturing keeps. In Legendary mode it seems like you get the heart containers from chests hidden under bomb-able rocks? I don't have them all yet so I dunno.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I haven't seen a video of it, but I really want to see Lana using Link's Gauntlets. :black101:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Bicyclops posted:

If you're in Legend mode, Heart Pieces are always from optional keeps, Heart Containers are hidden under rocks or behind vines or the like.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In Legends mode you can get Heart Pieces/Containers for both capping optional keeps and finding secrets (bombing boulders, etc) on the map.

EDIT: Huh, you guys sure? Could have sworn I've gotten Pieces from both keeps and secrets.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have no trouble finding them in legendary, honestly, because I don't feel as much of a rush to accomplish objectives and I've mostly found the Adventure Mode ones in capturing keeps, but they are definitely not all from capturing keeps. I don't know, maybe I should just try to devote a run in each square to running around looking for hookshot targets.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just tried the weapon swap bug. It doesn't seem to work with every combination since I couldn't do Zelda with naginata. Zelda sings her lullaby when she dances with the summoning gate instead of the main theme, that's weird.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In legend mode, pieces of heart always appear by capturing a keep. Heart containers are more annoying since they could be hidden anywhere. I haven't found many of them.

I'm adventure mode I'm not 100% what the rules are. I think all of both I've found so far have been from capturing keeps.

Basically just always capture all keeps and at least you'll get some of them.

E: severely beaten

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Unlocked the Time Gate and it actually feels kind of awkward to use. Like I'm not sure if you're supposed to control what comes out of the base heavy or if it's meant to be random. Also I get covered in some whirling aura but I'm not sure if it actually does anything.

Though I do know why every calls her an Idol, her moveset using the gate is a dance sequence.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

In legend mode, pieces of heart always appear by capturing a keep. Heart containers are more annoying since they could be hidden anywhere. I haven't found many of them.

You basically just have to walk around chucking bombs at every boulder you happen to walk by until you get the hookshot, at which point it gets slightly harder because the camera isn't always generous about showing you hookshot targets.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
NNID is yorexthemad, I'll add a bunch of people to my list when I get home, add me back please!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a trick to the level 2 baton unlock map or do I just need to get a better weapon/level up Zelda some more? I barely do poo poo to the commanders which eats up so much time, it's frustrating. I don't even care about this weapon I just need A rank to unlock the great fairy map. :(

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I didn't know water bombs were a thing, so I kept using regular bombs on one map for some reason thinking I was doing it wrong.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My favorite is Link forgetting to put the Master Sword back and going to have a nap which causes ganondorf to revive

I also liked that Midna being cursed by Cia is completely forgotten after a mission

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

You basically just have to walk around chucking bombs at every boulder you happen to walk by until you get the hookshot, at which point it gets slightly harder because the camera isn't always generous about showing you hookshot targets.

It doesn't always show you hookshot targets, but if you have the hookshot equipped, then the ground underneath the target glows.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there a trick to the level 2 baton unlock map or do I just need to get a better weapon/level up Zelda some more? I barely do poo poo to the commanders which eats up so much time, it's frustrating. I don't even care about this weapon I just need A rank to unlock the great fairy map. :(

Haven't actually beat it yet, but I came really close (took a little too much damage). I'd go after Wizzro ASAP (he ends up in the middle near your base at the start of the battle) then take care of the rogue forces to keep your allied base from falling (what stopped me last time).

Wizzro, Volga, and Ghirahim all deal shittons of damage, so avoid getting hit at all costs.

The best move for crowd-clearing for me is BBBBY (I think that's the one. Maybe one more B).

I try to juggle the commanders using BBY to help build up the special attack, but Zelda does a lot more damage with the weak-point break attack, so being patient is probably better. It takes like 20+ reps of the BBY combo to kill a commander.

For reference, my Zelda is around level 45. (Also to clarify, I'm using the level 1 Wind Waker.)

Just Andi Now fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 30, 2014

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Unlucky7 posted:

I also liked that Midna being cursed by Cia is completely forgotten after a mission

No it's not. She babbles incessantly about it. The resolution is, but this isn't a LoZ game - this is a smash-dudes game.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah, my Zelda is level 50, i'm using a rank 2 Rapier for her and I'm still having trouble with that pre-great fairy mission. I've come close but ended up going over the time limit which is pretty frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is 50 the highest?

• Locked thread